Dear Rebels,

I am struggling HARD! I have found it really difficult to implement some of the new changes particularly a consistent gym schedule. What is worse is that after having completed one of my workouts I realized that I should not be struggling with them as I have indeed done harder work outs before. My struggle is not the gym, or the workout itself...it is GETTING THERE! I do not know why I struggle so much to actually go to the gym. I do have a puppy so right now I feel a little guilty going home to let him out only to put him right back in to go to the gym. I also struggle with seeing my time at the gym as time lost. I know that its not time lost in the long run, but I can't help but feel that if I go to the gym I may be missing the opportunity to get something done at home that will free up more time for me.

Dear Rebels,
I am struggling HARD! I have found it really difficult to implement some of the new changes particularly a consistent gym schedule. What is worse is that after having completed one of my workouts I realized that I should not be struggling with them as I have indeed done harder work outs before. My struggle is not the gym, or the workout itself...it is GETTING THERE! I do not know why I struggle so much to actually go to the gym. I do have a puppy so right now I feel a little guilty going home to let him out only to put him right back in to go to the gym. I also struggle with seeing my time at the gym as time lost. I know that its not time lost in the long run, but I can't help but feel that if I go to the gym I may be missing the opportunity to get something done at home that will free up more time for me.

Hi, can you do any workout with the puppy when you are not going to the gym?

I too do struggle with the 'time lost at the gym' concept, but I discovered that walking to work to save transportation money makes me walk 10km per day feeling I am doing it for a purpose, or taking dancing and pilater classes is a 'social' activity and not lost.
Maybe you can find what works best for you in this moment?

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I try to think of it as "time I'm choosing to spend on myself" rather than time lost.

This might sound stupid, but I don't have that problem with the gym, but rather with cleaning my house. Lots of times in the morning, I convince myself I'm too busy to spend a couple minute tidying up and that I need to go to work RIGHT NOW (sometimes that's true, but usually not). But if I don't do it, things get messier and messier and it makes me feel unhappy and lazy. I sometimes succeed by telling myself that it's worth it to spend a few minutes on myself making my home liveable and nice.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I think Xena said it well, you have to look at this time as your time. I have to do a reset myself and when I don't feel like going, I try to remember how great I feel after the gym. I also feel that any workout is better than none, so if you can only go for 30 minutes, that is better than not at all or like another suggested, try to incorporate the puppy or do a home workout. There is always going to be stuff to do at home, but you never get a missed gym day back, don't know if that makes sense.