Once more, with feeling!

I've been on this quest for 5 years and had some success, and a lot of failure. I lost 60 pounds...and then gained almost all of it back due to a stressful job and a wacky schedule that changed all the time so I couldn't eat at the times that were healthiest for my body. 

Now I have a job that gives me a regular, normal schedule; my psoriasis is in remission and I've reintroduced all the foods besides soy and gluten without flair-ups. After a lot of trial and error, I know that being on the low-ish end of the carbohydrate spectrum leaves me feeling better and losing weight more easily, so I've decided to take it even further and try whole30-keto at the beginning of the year. I'm going to start a regular whole30 on December 30th and still eat natural fruit and veggie carbs like root veggies for the first week. It will still be a good step down in carbs from what i've been eating recently (rice, gluten-free breads, sweets, etc.) then after that first week I will transition into full Keto-whole30.

I have a cookbook that is basically a paleo/whole30 keto thing. The author mentions the whole30 and paleo in the book, and all the recipes are keto, paleo, and dairy-free. She recommends starting off dairy free for the first 30 days to let your gut heal, then if you tolerate dairy you can add back full-fat dairy sources like grass-fed butter, ghee, heavy cream, etc. So that's what I'm going to do. Light exercise during the first 2-3 weeks while I get adjusted (probably just enough bodyweight workouts so that when I start working out for real I'm not one big ball of delayed-onset muscle soreness for 3 days afterwards)

My job pays well enough that I might even be able to afford a gym membership, though I'll need to do more research before I commit to that. 

Right now I am gathering recipes and getting together a rough meal plan. The Keto book has a meal plan, but I don't love ALL the recipes in the book and the author also only gives 2 meals per day in the meal plan because she is a big proponent of intermittent fasting, but I'm not sure how I would be able to fit that into my schedule quite yet, and the idea of skipping a meal where I'm at right now is pretty daunting. Maybe once I've got the swing of keto and I'm not hungry ever, I'll be able to work in intermittent fasting as well, but one step at a time.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Don’t stress yourself over IF - it’s actual effectiveness is debated in the Keto circle (especially for women) aaaand it’s one of those quadrillion ways people try to make Keto complicated.

Super not a required thing.

If you need info, I’m here to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59