Beastly Milestone

I had a major victory tonight, and it’s hard to communicate just how big it is. 

I’ve know my BIL since we were kids in the same 5th grade class.  I’m an inch taller than him but as far back as I can remember he’s always been a lot stronger than me. I ran distance track and he was a linebacker.    When I coached wrestling he was a Marine. He stayed in good shape after he left the service, I was diagnosed with systemic arthritis and at times have needed a cane to walk. 

Dude still looks good. And he isn’t weak.  But today we moved a piano with a few other guys. At one point he couldn’t take his half of our side so I took it and walked it down the rest of that set of steps. He’d tried and couldn’t even budge it. It was heavy but I could handle it. And in an instant, I gained a whole new perspective on life and on my progress in the last couple of years. 

I’m a lot stronger than I thought. My joints still sometimes fall apart but the strength and endurance training I’ve done has put me, at least in some ways, in the best shape I’ve ever been in.

Me today could go toe to toe with wrestling coach me from 10 years ago on everything except running, sit-ups, and push-ups, and I’m bloody proud of that fact. Push-up record, I’m coming for you!

• Like 5

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win