Legend of Annyshay

19 hours ago, annyshay said:

My meeting this morning was every bit as stressful as I feared it would be. We have another important meeting on the work situation tomorrow afternoon

Sorry to hear this. I hope this next one will be less stressful :(

19 hours ago, annyshay said:

He used the new explanation "belly, chest, head, let go" repeatedly. I felt much more relaxed today. For the first time (yes including my first go through of the course) it clicked that I didn't have to force more air into my lungs. I know he says this all the time. I'm a perfectionist, ok? Relaxing is hard work for me! Anyway, my retention times improved dramatically (0:31, 0:37, 0:43, 0:52) and were similar to where I felt comfortable during the last version of the course. More importantly, when I could actually stop using my muscles to get as much as air in as possible and breath slightly faster than was comfortable for me... it felt better. Shocking, I know. I didn't get lightheaded but my muscles definitely went loose and I felt some tingling in my fingers. If you were here for the last go around, you know that this wasn't a common occurrence for me. After the four cycles, there were a few minutes with just music playing during which I chose to meditate. I saw the stroboscope light! Basically, I think I was finally able to go with the flow. I'm looking forward to more practice!

So happy to see you feel you're improving your breathing sensations and finally getting to relax during retentions. And you sound thrilled :)

• Like 2

Yep, I'm still exploring the WHM and the Science behind it! Good to see you're getting back into it too :) What you work on is always interesting and inspiring so I'll be following you here too yay

• Like 2

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

12/20/2015

Write - 13 day streak on 4TW

- 3787 words today

Savor - number of distraction free meals = 4

- breakfast: distraction free, homemade

- lunch: distraction free, went out to eat

- dinner: delivery Indian food, distraction free, but rushed

- snacks: apple and sunbutter prior to church

Move - WHM yoga routine ~5 minutes

Extra Self Care - rosemary essential oil

- candlelight church service

- writing a ton

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

EEP. hope you are doing ok through these meetings today!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

12/21/2015

Write - 14 day streak on 4TW

- 5063 words today

Savor - number of distraction free meals = 3

- lunch: distraction free, delivery

- dinner: distraction free, leftovers, small

Move - only joint mobility (I do this every day... dunno if it should "count"... but it is movement)

Extra Self Care - rosemary essential oil

- texting with my brother

- midday decompression after meetings of doom

- delivery food

- not eating when I wasn't hungry

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

17 hours ago, karinajean said:

EEP. hope you are doing ok through these meetings today!

17 hours ago, zenLara said:

I'd wish we had indian delivery in this city...

Sorry about the meeting

Resultado de imagen de puppy hug gif

7 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Eish, sorry, only catching up now! Sending you lots of hugs, calm and strength to see you through the day. :love_heart:

Still alive. Therapy this morning should be interesting. Then I have clinic. And, not enough time to do all the things before my flight early tomorrow AM. So, status quo, really.

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

12/22/2017

Write - 15 day streak on 4TW

- 2000ish words today

Savor - number of distraction free meals = 1

- breakfast: distraction free, leftovers 

- lunch: leftovers at works

- dinner: distraction free, homemade

Move - only joint mobility

- cleaning workout - 20 elevated push-ups

Extra Self Care - Christmas music while I worked

12/23/2017

Write - no streak

- no words today

- lunch: distraction free, take out

- dinner: distraction free, take out

Extra Self Care - surprise visit from my cousin and her boyfriend

- game night with family <3

- puppy love (Mom’s new puppy, Luna, and all the other family dogs... I saw a total of 8 today)

• Like 7

Love as thou wilt.

12/24/2017

Write - 1 day streak on 4TW

- lunch: distraction free, restaurant
- dinner: distraction free, homemade

Move - joint mobility

Extra Self Care - more family game night

- more puppy love

- Wim Hof, restarted Go Deep week

12/25/2017

Write - 2 day streak on 4TW

- lunch: distraction free, homemade
- dinner: distraction free, homemade

Extra Self Care - cooking and cleaning with my Mom

- more puppy love

- Wim Hof, Go Deep week

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

12/26/2017

Write - 3 day streak on 4TW

Savor - number of distraction free meals: 4

- dinner: distraction free, take out

- snacks: distraction free, homemade

Move - Joint Mobility

- Stretch for the Journey Ahead

- Yoga Stretches ~5 minutes

Extra Self Care - meditation

- nap

- reading Harry Potter

- Mario Kart vs Mom

- extra PJ time

- Wim Hof, Go Deep week

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

happy holidays! hope you are getting some good relaxation.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I wanted to give you guys a bit of an update on how Wim Hof is going. Due to a few missed days last week with travel and Christmas shenanigans, I decided to restart the Go Deep week on Monday. As a reminder, we have three parts of training this week. I've posted the notes that I take during the sessions through instagram and here on my battle log, but I like to take a few minutes every now and then to reflect on the greater process and what I'm experiencing on this journey.

The Go Deep week consists of three exercises.

1) Cold Showers

This week we are supposed to end each shower with 30 seconds of cold water. In Minnesota, this was really really cold. Arizona is more like what I experienced during September. Either way, this is mostly a mental battle. Once I turn the cold on, my body accepts it and feels quite refreshed afterwards. The anticipation of that first shock of cold is the challenge for me.

2) Yoga Stretches

This is a 5 minute yoga flow that resembles a sun salutation followed by an extended time in butterfly pose. The new course (Fundamentals) has an actual yoga instructor leading instead of Wim, so the form is better and more typical for a yoga class. I enjoy this short flow very much.

3) Hoffing and Retentions

This is the bulk of the time spent each day during Go Deep week. There is a separate one on one breathing video that runs a little bit longer than 27 minutes. It is mostly an audio track with a picture of Wim looking at a mountain. He talks you through four rounds of his breathing technique (apparently scientists have named this "hoffing" as it is physiologically different than hyperventilating) followed by retentions. Retentions are just what they sound like, big breath in, normal exhale, and then stay still with no air in your lungs for as long as you can. My times have evened out around 30-40 seconds again, which was the most common times I got during my first version of the 10 week course.

I explained in detail last week the epiphany I had about how to do the retentions without forcing the hoffing before hand. That has stayed with me although my times have not been as impressive. I also haven't had as deep an experience of tingling as that time. I wonder if some of it is that I've been so relaxed that I'm drifting off to sleep at times. Or, at least, I'm not taking as big of breaths as usual. Ah well, I am just glad that it's an enjoyable experience at the moment without that panicked gasping for air that happens when I haven't been practicing. 

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

12/27/2017

Write - 4 day streak on 4TW

Savor - number of distraction free meals: 3

- dinner: distraction free, restaurant

- snacks: distraction free, homemade (pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream mmm)

Move - Joint Mobility

- Stretch for the Journey #3

- horseback riding for 40 minutes

- Wim Hof Yoga stretches

Extra Self Care - Sleep in and extra PJ time

- Zelda :D

- Stranger Things with Mom

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

27 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Where are the pics? :) 

Yeah, where are they?

Thanks for the update on the WH new course. It turns out the superdiscount code is still working, so I may register too and start over. It will probably help now that The Plague and other shenanigans threw me off track.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Where are the pics? :) 

We forgot because we were enjoying! We’ll just have to ride again! ;)

6 hours ago, zenLara said:

Yeah, where are they?

Thanks for the update on the WH new course. It turns out the superdiscount code is still working, so I may register too and start over. It will probably help now that The Plague and other shenanigans threw me off track.

Fair! I am glad you’re past all that junk. Time for more awesome. 

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.