• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Strickland5

Scouts Camp 2018 : Welcome to the Jungle

Welcome to the Scouts Camp!

Ever on the move, our camp has relocated from the mountains into the wilds of the jungle farther down the river of NerdFitnessLandia

Village_Prime.jpg?1421720178

What we will find as we explore this year? What mysteries lie out in the world beyond our camp?

372f0362e4a421d9f0f2b36922136e14.jpg

Temple_Ruins_ZUPZUP_062412.jpg

nomonkeys.png

93bce3f336b92751d91e2b5d35ffc221.jpg

Welcome to 2018 ... here's to the future!

• Like 4

Ready and excited to start 2018 off with some healthy changes!

Also, I think I'll like the jungle over the mountains. Accept for the increased humidity. So I'll spring for the first round of ice and piña coladas! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Borg Queen said:

Ahhh, crap. I just figured out I'm more of a geek then a nerd. Should probably be posting on Geek Fitness instead. 

According to this, I am so nerdy it's unbelievable, despite the fact that I love a good podcast. I literally went to "#seminary," belive "#thehobbit" is far superior to "#superman," think good grammar is about the most attractive thing you can find in a person, and don't even know what "drupal" means. NerdFitness, you are my home. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike_d85 said:

I just checked, geekfitness.com redirects to nerdfitness.com.  I think you're good @The Borg Queen.

This is a hilarious fact!

5 hours ago, theophilus said:

According to this, I am so nerdy it's unbelievable, despite the fact that I love a good podcast. I literally went to "#seminary," belive "#thehobbit" is far superior to "#superman," think good grammar is about the most attractive thing you can find in a person, and don't even know what "drupal" means. NerdFitness, you are my home. 

You broke the nerd scale! (Is that actually "the balance?" Ahhhh gawwwrd. )

*breaks out the first round of piña coladas* Here's to a brand new year and a fresh new challenge everyone!

Also, if you haven't seen Jumanji 2: Welcome to the Jungle, go see it, it's hilarious! :lol:

• Like 2

Based solely on my overuse of the word 'shiny', I qualify as a huge geek, apparently.  Although...  I majored in mathematics, minored in computer information systems, grammar is extremely important to me, and I enjoy making my own Sudoku puzzles.  That's solid nerd stuff.  Looks like I could fit in both camps, but where do I fit in the Nerd Fitness Rebellion?  I've bounced around a bit over the years.  But scanning the various guild boards to figure out where I belong for this challenge, and maybe for this whole year, I find myself thinking about trying to be a runner again, or at the very least a slow jogger.  I managed to complete four 5k charity runs a couple years ago, my first ones ever, before back issues sidelines me.  But I do miss that challenge.  Plus I love to hike, and this jungle looks full of promise around every turn of the trail.  

You may be hearing more from me soon.  Stay tuned...

48 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Based solely on my overuse of the word 'shiny', I qualify as a huge geek, apparently.  Although...  I majored in mathematics, minored in computer information systems, grammar is extremely important to me, and I enjoy making my own Sudoku puzzles.  That's solid nerd stuff.  Looks like I could fit in both camps, but where do I fit in the Nerd Fitness Rebellion?  I've bounced around a bit over the years.  But scanning the various guild boards to figure out where I belong for this challenge, and maybe for this whole year, I find myself thinking about trying to be a runner again, or at the very least a slow jogger.  I managed to complete four 5k charity runs a couple years ago, my first ones ever, before back issues sidelines me.  But I do miss that challenge.  Plus I love to hike, and this jungle looks full of promise around every turn of the trail.  

You may be hearing more from me soon.  Stay tuned...

Why don't we just split the difference and call ourselves "neeks?" ;)

10 hours ago, Blaze said:

I find myself thinking about trying to be a runner again, or at the very least a slow jogger

I don't run because I'm fast.  I run because I'm stubborn.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mike_d85 said:

I don't run because I'm fast.  I run because I'm stubborn.

When I've run, it was because I was training for the t-rex to chase me. :lol:

5 hours ago, elinox said:

When I've run, it was because I was training for the t-rex to chase me. :lol:

I now assume you're Quinn Mallory and I need to stay the hell out of your basement.

4 minutes ago, Mike_d85 said:

I now assume you're Quinn Mallory and I need to stay the hell out of your basement.

Honestly I'd simply prefer this to running from the t-rex: Image result for dresden on trex

Either way, being a slider would be even better! (Although, not by much as t-rexs are cool!)

Sorry Nomad, that normally happens to me and I just end up coasting along and not really doing anything of significance . So here's to hoping you find some new goals

My goals are becoming concrete and honestly with the next paycheck I'm signing up for my spring half. Which as scary as it is might help me be able to say I am devoting X per weekend to myself and sticking with it.