• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Strickland5

Scouts Camp 2018 : Welcome to the Jungle

I've been doing a lot of hikes lately, so I imagine snow-shoeing wouldn't be that much of a stretch. It'll definitely keep me from being bound to the concrete jungle of town.

Welp I've been overly quiet on here - cause I was training for the Chicago Marathon which was Sunday last (10/7)

Managed to finish in 06:10:18 (with a 02:53:34 half) ... not nearly as good as when I did it the first time but it has also been 5 years and I sort of stopped running/exercising for a year .. 

Next we build back into speed and tackle a half in February and possible the SF Full in July 

• Like 6

Haven't logged in a while, and wow, I can't believe there is only one scouts challenge this time around.  Its a barren wasteland out there... :(

• Like 1

Hey fellow scouts! Everybody must be really busy as it's really quiet here. 'Have a 50K trail race coming up - Jackson County 50/50 in Brownstone, IN on Dec 1st. 'Wish me luck!

totoro_running.gif

• Like 2

On 11/24/2018 at 5:32 PM, darna said:

Hey fellow scouts! Everybody must be really busy as it's really quiet here. 'Have a 50K trail race coming up - Jackson County 50/50 in Brownstone, IN on Dec 1st. 'Wish me luck!

Good luck!

I'll admit, it's difficult to motivate myself to get up when the morning lows are in the teens (that's -7 and below for you metric folks). The warmth of a gym with a stationary bike is much more tempting.

Some days I don't mind running in the cold and it can be great, other days I just want to stay in the cozy warm house.  Definitely affects my running in the winter.

I hate hate hate hate HATE HATE HATE HATE running on treadmills, so that's a no-go for me. Our local YMCA does have an indoor track, but I'm too tall to use it. I mean that literally. The ceiling is ~2 inches shorter than I am.

Right after I wrote that post, we got an Indian summer in my area of the country. It's been pleasant.