Newb seeking out a better version of self

So - this is the awkward part where I tell my story of getting here etc - right?  I'm a total dork at this sort of thing - but I'll give it a shot.

I'm 48 but don't feel old in any way - Although I've completed triathlons and even a marathon - I'm not fit.  My nutrition has been sporadic at best and I tend to fall off the wagon really easily.  I have been working my way into a Paleo lifestyle the last couple of months - but still am not in a fully consistent mode (ok ok I admit it- I cave to all the yummy holiday temptations) I've been back at Crossfit for a couple months now - but am only going a couple times a week --- Oh yeah- I'm on a competitive kickball team (playoffs this week!) - but face facts, kickball isn't the most intense of all workouts.

I'm looking to better myself all around - and yes that does mean by losing the extra padding - but I also want to be more healthy and fit - and overall the best version of myself I can be.

Honestly, not sure if I should join the Academy - do private coaching- rising heroes - or what.  Nerd Fitness just seemed like the right place for me to dock my spaceship :)

Thanks ahead of time for all your help!

Peggy

• Like 1

Welcome to NF!

You sound pretty active, so I'm guessing you don't consider yourself fit because of your eating habits?

I think most of us cave into the yummy holiday temptations, or are lured into them by family and friends. :)

You can take your time deciding what to do. I think the four week challenges are a good place to start. The next one starts on the first (it'll actually be a five week one, but you can join at anytime). You basically set some SMART goals, post updates, and then other challengers stop by to check in and give support and advice. It's great for building up habits. And having good habits helps us stay on the wagon, and makes it easier to get back on when we do fall off!

Good luck on your journey!

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Thanks for the reply!  I’m looking forward to my first challenge- and yeah, my lack of fitness stems primarily from poor nutrition habits- but residually from years of being inactive.  I’m working on it one day at a time tho.  I can now hold my own in the strength stuff but don’t ask for any type of cardio endurance!!

• Like 2