Something is Better than Nothing: Tanktimus Doesn't Give Up

I struggled mightily with food the last challenge. I didn't work out as much as I have in the past. Domestic Rangering wasn't as thorough as it used to be.

But I did not quit, and I will not quit. I'm doing a challenge because it helps me remember who I am.

• I am a person who lifts.
  • I am a person who does his best to eat well.
  • I am a person who does Yoga.
  • I am a person who walks.
  • I am a person who keeps his living space clean

And there you have the foundation of the five goals I always use.

• My goal is to do 10 lift workouts
  • My goal is to go on 6 walks
  • My goal is to do Yoga 6 times
  • My goal is to cook paleo as much as possible, and limit non paleo foods as much as possible.
  • My goal is to do laundry every week and clean either the upstairs bathroom or the downstairs bathroom and kitchen each week.

The biggest focus is going to be on eating. My no more than x variances per week system has not worked as well. I'm going to be doing a lot of introspection about my eating. I grew up eating my boredom. Food became entertainment for me, and that led to not controlling my portion sizes, how often I ate, and mistaking hunger for boredom. Healing those parts of me, and growing beyond those emotional connections to food, will be very helpful in my journey to being the most healthy I can be. Therefore, I will break precedent with the past and add a sixth goal

To read the Intuitive Eating book.

• Like 28

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

9 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Merry Christmas Brother.

Is it really new challenge day already? I was hoping for an extended zero week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Officially only starts Jan.1 if you want a 5 week challenge. You have this week (and maybe next week) for week 0 :P

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

59 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:loyal:

Welcome aboard!

48 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Merry Christmas Brother.

Is it really new challenge day already? I was hoping for an extended zero week.

Merry Christmas to you too. Yes, zero week starts today.

38 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Officially only starts Jan.1 if you want a 5 week challenge. You have this week (and maybe next week) for week 0 :P

I'm for sure doing a five week challenge. I've been wanted them since we stopped doing the 6 week challenges.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Love your goals.  I'm looking forward to your review of the book.  I've heard of it but haven't read it.

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Following!

It might sound extreme,  but for me doing a fast of like 24 hours, or more will quickly teach me the difference between boredom hunger and real hunger. 

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Here! 

And I am very glad you are.

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Love your goals.  I'm looking forward to your review of the book.  I've heard of it but haven't read it.

I still need to order it, but I plan to read it by the end of the challenge.

1 hour ago, Vincent Van Bro said:

Following!

It might sound extreme,  but for me doing a fast of like 24 hours, or more will quickly teach me the difference between boredom hunger and real hunger. 

I know I'm physically capable of a 24 hour fast, but I have absolutely no desire to do so.

58 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Following!!

Glad to have you along for the ride.

• Like 4

Merry christmas...

looking forward to hearing your wisdom, and good advice as a grown up, Ranger.

so this is a 5 week challenge? cool.  extra time perhaps to squeeze in a little more for the first challenge of 2018.  

wishing you the best and I'll be checking out this thread regularly, Jason.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

QRghIi2.gif

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Tank never quits! Gonna defeat that food (and the other stuff too ofc) like nobody's business!!!!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

I haven't even wrapped up my last challenge and Tank has his next one posted...Following!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Following. Lets find the hype and crush our goals!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

What? Zero week already?

I needs to get my tail back on track!

Following as always and hyping from the Sandpit!

• Like 2

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

On 12/19/2017 at 10:53 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

because it helps me remember who I am.

I love this. You are also a person who makes other NF members feel like they can achieve just about anything.

Following because you're awesome.

• Like 6

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

On 12/24/2017 at 11:51 PM, TGP said:

Merry christmas...

looking forward to hearing your wisdom, and good advice as a grown up, Ranger.

so this is a 5 week challenge? cool.  extra time perhaps to squeeze in a little more for the first challenge of 2018.  

wishing you the best and I'll be checking out this thread regularly, Jason.

Thanks, I'll be glad to have you along.

On 12/25/2017 at 2:27 PM, Super Starling! said:

I'm on board! Let's rock! 

Image result for party on wayne gif

23 hours ago, fleaball said:

QRghIi2.gif

Image result for by grabthar's hammer what a savings gif

23 hours ago, shaar said:

Tank never quits! Gonna defeat that food (and the other stuff too ofc) like nobody's business!!!!

Thank's for believing in me.

22 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Your challenges are always so reasonable. I envy that talent!

No one has ever said that to me before and it's really cool to read.

15 hours ago, RES said:

I haven't even wrapped up my last challenge and Tank has his next one posted...Following!

You'll get there!

13 hours ago, Stribs said:

Following. Lets find the hype and crush our goals!!

The hype will be ours!

12 hours ago, EaseActivate said:

Following especially for the intuitive food insights! 

Thank you.

9 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

What? Zero week already?

I needs to get my tail back on track!

Following as always and hyping from the Sandpit!

It would be a sad challenge with out you.

27 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

I love this. You are also a person who makes other NF members feel like they can achieve just about anything.

Following because you're awesome.

You are very kind, thank you.

Today was awesome! Did Christmas with Sra. Tanque's family, and I had a blast.

• Like 11

On 12/19/2017 at 9:53 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Therefore, I will break precedent with the past and add a sixth goal

To read the Intuitive Eating book.

If it helps, brother, than do it. You are the master of your destiny and this is just a minor speed bump sitting in your direct path. Just do what any tank does when a minor speed bump blocks its path....and run that motherf***er over ;) 

Following!!

Wolf

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

11 hours ago, Korranation said:

Following! 

tumblr_mne0bsw6lh1ssqxwho1_400.gif

yeah-am-bear-why-am-bear.jpg.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

If it helps, brother, than do it. You are the master of your destiny and this is just a minor speed bump sitting in your direct path. Just do what any tank does when a minor speed bump blocks its path....and run that motherf***er over ;) 

Following!!

Wolf

And then once it has been run over, gently mock it's choice in shoelaces. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Today is a good day. The Washing Machine and Dryer have been running since about 9:20, and will probably go another 2 and a half hours. We are getting a lot of extra laundry done, like towels and sheets. All the clothes are already done. I cleaned the Bathroom upstairs and the kitchen. We got recipts and budget stuff done. We ordered our espresso machine with an automatic milk frother as our Christmas present to each other. We also ordered the intuitive eating book, with the accompanying workbook and a book Sra Tanque had wanted. 

I made lunch.

It was Taco Salad.

I made homemade guacamole. 

For the quac, take two avocados, the juice of a lime, a good bit of garlic powder, salt, pepper and cumin and some fresh chopped parsley* and mash it all together. Yum.

For the taco salad, cut a jicama into matchsticks and shred a romaine heart and put them all into a bowl. Add more chopped parsley*. Then make a dressing from the juice of a lime, 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk then put in the bowl and toss.

Then cook 1lb ground beef (Grass fed of course) with two cloves minced garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and oregano. 

Serve the salad, top with the beef, then top with the guac.  I found some grain free tortilla chips made from cassava and coconut flours which were pretty good and ate those with it. Sra. Tanque had regular tortilla chips.

*You can use cilantro if you want, Sra. Tanque is both allergic to and doesn't like the taste of cilantro and I don't care one way or the other. I liked using the parsley.

Oh, and to all you newcomers, don't check my thread when you are hungry ;) 

• Like 18