2 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Awesome, just logged in and accepted. 

Thanks! ^_^

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge - To Be A Hero Vol 0.5: Jedi Endures

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51

1 hour ago, Echocheanic said:

Also, unless the juice is freshly squeezed of something - so like a juice you buy at the store, most of it is a year old pulp, and added sugar. I stopped drinking it when I realised it gave me the sugar shakes the same way soda does. 

Also, hi, I'm new here too :D

Juice gives me the sugar shakes, so I usually stay away to. Fresh squeezed juice is an exception, as well as sparkling cider.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Juice gives me the sugar shakes, so I usually stay away to. Fresh squeezed juice is an exception, as well as sparkling cider.

Fresh squeezed juice is like crack to me.  I feel like I could drink 20 oranges and/or grapefruits worth of it in one sitting. I can't bring myself to drink store bought juice any more.  I don't really have a sensitivity to sugar in terms of my body, but my taste buds are like NOPE.

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, Myrik said:

After watching the news tonight I hope all my US East Coast Rangers stay safe and warm.

East coast ranger checking in, and while NC isn't exactly getting a ton of snow, we are due 2-3 inches of snow overnight as well as sleet.  So the great state of North Carolina will basically shut down as a whole.  Ha.  There was no bread at the Walmart, the schools are closed, not to mention the beach was EMPTY except for one guy metal detecting when I was there earlier.  Thanks for thinking of us.

• Like 7

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

15 minutes ago, Stribs said:

East coast ranger checking in, and while NC isn't exactly getting a ton of snow, we are due 2-3 inches of snow overnight as well as sleet.  So the great state of North Carolina will basically shut down as a whole.  Ha.  There was no bread at the Walmart, the schools are closed, not to mention the beach was EMPTY except for one guy metal detecting when I was there earlier.  Thanks for thinking of us.

And @shaar will be at those beaches soon.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Our average temp for this time of year is in the 50's...it's usually lovely.

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

11 minutes ago, Edendir said:

Whoa! Thief?? Which way did he go??

(Is the story behind this at the beginning of the thread?)

* No trail yet be we are working at it

(Check out the Ranger challenge for this month

• Like 2

snow1.thumb.jpg.88157ae779a4be8f512299620b967fae.jpg

Well this is cool.

• Like 6

On 1/2/2018 at 3:51 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Hey all - for anyone doing the Yoga with Adriene 30 day challenge this month, I threw up an acountabilitibuddy thread here: 

Ooo, thank you so much for posting this up!! I haven't been consistently doing the challenge, but I saw it and wanted to know what it was - and yoga is on my challenge list for this month!  :) 

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

speaking of challenges

they are going to mordor in 2018.

and they are NOT going to leave me behind. 

I love that fictional land.  (? new zealand)

not Quite so Sure New Zealand really has a proper claim to it-- but despite some movies that made the LOTR lover die in a Barrow Wight stone coffin (conveniently SKIPPED! ofc)...

NZ has made the most of it.  and I suppose it works.

anyways.https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/105502-walk-to-mordor-and-back-again-2018/

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

13 hours ago, Myrik said:

After watching the news tonight I hope all my US East Coast Rangers stay safe and warm.

South of Cape Canaveral here and normally the low is in the upper 60's, this morning it was 36 with a wind chill of 28. This is exactly what I left DC to get away form.

• Like 4

OCEAN RANGER

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

*skids in on a sled made of a garbage can lid* YOOOOOO

14 hours ago, Stribs said:

Our average temp for this time of year is in the 50's...it's usually lovely.

Yeah this is BUNK, I didn't sign up for this!  (Wilmington represent!) 

• Like 5

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

34 minutes ago, shaar said:

*skids in on a sled made of a garbage can lid* YOOOOOO

Yeah this is BUNK, I didn't sign up for this!  (Wilmington represent!) 

Woop woop Wilmington!  I didn't know there were more of us!!  We got 3 inches here!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stribs said:

Woop woop Wilmington!  I didn't know there were more of us!!  We got 3 inches here!

I've been the only one for... a while, that I know of!!  IIRC there are some folks up in Jacksonville and out towards the more inland cities tho'!

S N O W D A Y !!!!!

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

18 minutes ago, shaar said:

I've been the only one for... a while, that I know of!!  IIRC there are some folks up in Jacksonville and out towards the more inland cities tho'!

S N O W D A Y !!!!!

lol, snow week by the look of it.  People are already putting money on them cancelling school tomorrow.  I know who has the hype, my students, right about now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

lol, snow week by the look of it.  People are already putting money on them cancelling school tomorrow.  I know who has the hype, my students, right about now.

Maaaaan nothing is melting at all, huh??  I was gonna try to venture out this afternoon, but frick that!  I'll make up some hours tomorrow or something!

You know, we were joking about that - parents have to be PISSED that after the long winter break, the kids are out of school again already for a couple of days... JUST TAKE MY CHILDREN PLEASE AUGH... and yeah the kids are totally cackling all the way!

• Like 5

Just now, shaar said:

Maaaaan nothing is melting at all, huh??  I was gonna try to venture out this afternoon, but frick that!  I'll make up some hours tomorrow or something!

You know, we were joking about that - parents have to be PISSED that after the long winter break, the kids are out of school again already for a couple of days... JUST TAKE MY CHILDREN PLEASE AUGH... and yeah the kids are totally cackling all the way!

It looks like some stuff is melting, just not the roads...at least close to where I am.  Though I have seen a few maniacs fly down my street  My husband has to go in to work later, but thankfully his commute is like 4 minutes.  I won't drive in this (but mostly because I hate driving).  I am gonna check the news to see what they are saying.

• Like 3

@shaar my husband says the roads are terrible!!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stribs said:

@shaar my husband says the roads are terrible!!  

Eeeeeek I am hearing the same....!  We have so many side roads and little neighborhoods here that I'm sure haven't been treated at ALL. ><  My colleagues were texting this morning about accidents outside their subdivisions too.  People have been driving in and out of my neighborhood but they have bigger cars and I can actually -see- the road now but I SURE DON'T TRUST IT. D:  

Why don't people have common sense in winter weather??? Hoooo boy howdy.

• Like 4

Just now, shaar said:

Eeeeeek I am hearing the same....!  We have so many side roads and little neighborhoods here that I'm sure haven't been treated at ALL. ><  My colleagues were texting this morning about accidents outside their subdivisions too.  People have been driving in and out of my neighborhood but they have bigger cars and I can actually -see- the road now but I SURE DON'T TRUST IT. D:  

Why don't people have common sense in winter weather??? Hoooo boy howdy.

Yeah and apparently in a lot of places they aren't plowing because it would just expose all the ice and make it worse.  

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I feel like I'm shouting into the void here, but it can't hurt to ask.

Does anyone in here know anything about home canning? Specifically applesauce. I'd love to make my own applesauce like my grandmother did.

But like... Should I buy a water bath canning thing? Or just a rack for my saucepan? Do I need a specific recipe to use to can? Is there any other advice you'd give to someone learning how to can?

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge - To Be A Hero Vol 0.5: Jedi Endures

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51

30 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I feel like I'm shouting into the void here, but it can't hurt to ask.

Does anyone in here know anything about home canning? Specifically applesauce. I'd love to make my own applesauce like my grandmother did.

But like... Should I buy a water bath canning thing? Or just a rack for my saucepan? Do I need a specific recipe to use to can? Is there any other advice you'd give to someone learning how to can?

I think @Elastigirl may have something to do with homemade applesauce, I seem to remember that being a theme in her threads in the past.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath