Like a Battle Axe

So, you know that guy, usually overweight and not too bright, how just thinks he's the sh!t? Like, he's pretty sure he's a ninja, but just lacks formal training, which means he's got natural, raw talent. 

He could totes scale that building, maybe after a nap and an energy bar, and he could karate chop his way out of any situation.  But when he actually tries to do anything, he's a massive, uncoordinated klutz?

Well, imagine if that guy was a girl.  And that girl's name is Mrs. Nomar.  Hello nice to meet you :)

I've pretty much never saw myself as fat (sure there was that phase all girls go through when puberty hits and we don't know what to do with . . . changes).  I've always envisioned myself as strong and maybe not "fit" but definitely not fat or unhealthy.  But now I'm getting kind of a snowball of health issues, and oh yeah Nomar, you're kind of on the obese spectrum.  And, ok I guess the wobbly-jiggly parts aren't because of unusually dense musculature. 

So, my pie-in-the-sky goal in life right now is to be as friggin awesome as I know I am, but for some reason, never kept my body in tune for.

Translation:

- To be physically powerful (and, yes, aesthetically cut)

- Mentally sharp

- With a will as sturdy as steel (especially with foods.  I've never really told myself "no, you aren't going to eat a whole pie" Because it's delicious, and again, no realistic body consciousness). 

For this, I am stealing Annashay's take on battle logs to not just track goals, but actual progress through time.  If this doesn’t work for me, then I’ll try something else.

Former Challenges:

1. So, I only started with nerdfitness in October.
  2. In November a friend and I took on a post-ap themed Darebee workout , which I had a lot of fun with. I changed my display name and got into it, and found out I can't change my display name every time I get a new whim of fancy.  So I will continue to be Alis until I am allowed to be otherwise.
  3. Most recently, I tried to get Saitama strong, but stumbled . . . a lot.  But not as much as I thought I might going in.
    • My biggest challenge seems to be, as always, discipline.  I’m hoping that this structuring, as well as charts I plan to have all over my walls, will be enough to keep me moving forward this month.  A big part of it was general emotional difficulties I think everyone gets to some degree this time of year (be it ‘Seasonal Affect Disorder’, generally more introverted or all out depression, I haven’t met anyone yet who doesn’t know what I mean).  There’s always gonna be something that I feel like is gonna drag me down, but maybe if I have reminders and my beloved charts EVERYWHERE, it will be harder to ignore and fall back out of routine.
  4.  I was hoping to keep it going into the new year, and added in nutrition watch, but a Nex Ex Machina (don't know if that's a real term, but google said . . ) from about a week prior caught up with me and I was immobilized for a month. The following months of inactivity were self-imposed.

• Like 2

Mrs. Nomar, level 1 Dwarf. Assassin (with monkish tendencies)
STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

To quantify my goals, by the end of 2018:

• I will have a BMI below 25
  • I will be able to get through a OPM Workout
    • 100 standard push ups
    • 100 sit ups
    • 100 squats
    • Run 5k (OPM actually runs 10 k, but if I can make it 3 miles in one go, that sounds pretty epic to me)
    • (Also to do A pull up)
  • I will have a clean house, with an easy-for-me cleaning routine.
  • I will start training lil Ewok to be a proper lady 
    • and she will have a separate 1/2 hour a week (or more) of uninterrupted play time

Progress so far:

• BMI: Started at 34.6 in July 2017
    • Has been bouncing between 30.3 and 30.8 since mid October 2017
    • As of 12/27/17: 30.4 
    • 5/11/18: 31.8 
  • OPM:
    • Push ups
      • As of 12/4, I can do 5 actual, good form push-ups in a row. 
      • 12/24: just hit 10 in a row!
      • 5/11/18: did 20, in 5 sets of 4
    • Sit ups:
      • I can do 25-30 sit-ups in a row

• 12/24: 50 in a row

• 5/11/18: did 30, in 5 sets of 6

•  Squats

• I can do 100 squats in a row!

• 12/24: 50 in a row

• 5/11/18: did 25, in 5 sets of 5

• Whole month of June 2018, doing 100 squats (in variations) EVERY SINGLE DAY!

• 5K:

• I can jog half a country block straight. 

• Pull up:

• not yet

• 5/11/18: did 11 under-the-table-pull-ups.

• Cleaning

• I will have a standard routine every weekend and not have to super-quick-clean last minute when I'll be having company.

Current Challenge:

• Like 3

Putting everything on hold until I can get my neck straightened out (or loose, I suppose it's as stiff and straight as it'll get).
I was in a car accident in December, and had my neck completely freeze up a couple weeks later.  The pain has gone down by now, but I still can't move at all, which has made driving . . . interesting.
I finally got set up with physical therapy yesterday, but also learned that according to my x-rays I've got arthritis in my neck.  I'm like 30! So now I'm kind of bumming at not moving and my own approaching mortality and limited lifespan. 

Respawn challenge will be created shortly thereafter.

So, I'm thinking I'm technically respawning, so I have a respawn post which I will update daily (hopefully) and again, will track progress here, which I will (*try to) measure/update weekly.  I'm hoping by making myself track all this, I'll make myself more personally accountable and have better success.

And I'm already running late for this challenge, also :surprise: not fully prepared.

So this is my plan for this challenge
I'll update my weight, food success and I'm still working toward OPM level physicality, so I'll try to update progress toward that.

End of challenge review:
I basically challenged myself to show up and do something (anything!) maxresdefault.jpg.bd1669886f67c338c9bbac7da6e242b6.jpg

Well I didn't.  But I did do something more often than I thought I would.  So all in all, I'm considering this challenge completed to it's minimum requirements, no bonus points.  But it did shine light on a couple of behavioral patterns I'll work on for my next challenge.

BMI: slight increase to 31.6

Push ups: Can do 5 in 1 go

Sit ups:

Squats:

Pull ups (under the table): can do 5 at a time.

Alright-alright-alright! I'm feeling Pre-tty cocky about the last challenge.  Had a bump or two, and then a not-bump, but not bad overall. 

Now hubby and I are eating at a level 7 or 8 (I'm still working on whittling down the case of rockstars in our pantry, so I guess that level-3 goal was technically unmet, but we've nixed not-fruit sugars (again, other than the rockstars), no pastas or breads in the house at all.  Meals are either salad or steamed veggies and baked or grilled meats (eggs and/or fruit for breakfast).  

And I'm on track with working out every day (Plus 100 squats a day!! Workin on my Chun-Li quads!)

So I'm feelin like I kinda rocked this last challenge :) 

acTaZb.gif

Capture.PNG.13ad4880308e13f776a4117569d1aecd.PNG

Today I weighed in at 0.2 # below the barrier mark separating a clinically obese BMI with severely overweight! I'm officially at 29.7 BMI!!

And it's the lightest I've weighed since at least 8th grade (I was always a pudgy kid and avoided scales, but I had to to that Presidential Fitness Test and they weighed everyone.  I think the next time I went on a scale I was 19 or 20).
Also just got my first new car (from a dealership and everything!), so I had a really good weekend and just had to toot my horn :) 

• Like 2

I'm taking a non-challenge this round.  I did get the results I aimed for last challenge, but I didn't feel them, as in, it wasn't fun and I just felt drained and, well, not as good as I think I should have felt reaching my goal. So I will try to continue my cardio and my body weight exercises (I'm up to 50 each a day now! :)) but I'm going back to basic clean eating.  I felt generally better before I set hard-line-limits on myself like that.
So I probably won't have any sort of check ins until next challenge.

• Like 2