Hunters Gonna Ranger: The Find-The-Bastard-Who-Stole-The-Hype Mini Challenge

Had a bit of a wobble today- my cat was really sick, so I paid for a taxi to take him to the vet and I will have to pay for the vet tomorrow. Those expenses by themselves would have been ok, but I spent $5 on soft drink and chips when I left the vets' office. I try not to emotional eat, so this was definitely a wobble on the strength feat. Pushing on, see how I go for the remainder of the week.

• Like 4

Gonna try and salvage this. I'm gonna try and not be negative this week, though it's hard because I want to yell at myself that I suck. Not sure what exactly to do, but maybe doing elevated push ups three times this week. Will advance my mission and stop me from feeling crappy about this seemly fail of a week. 

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

9 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Had a bit of a wobble today- my cat was really sick, so I paid for a taxi to take him to the vet and I will have to pay for the vet tomorrow. Those expenses by themselves would have been ok, but I spent $5 on soft drink and chips when I left the vets' office. I try not to emotional eat, so this was definitely a wobble on the strength feat. Pushing on, see how I go for the remainder of the week.

Hope your cat is alright. We all wobble sometimes, it's ok, you got the rest of the week.

11 minutes ago, Echocheanic said:

Gonna try and salvage this. I'm gonna try and not be negative this week, though it's hard because I want to yell at myself that I suck. Not sure what exactly to do, but maybe doing elevated push ups three times this week. Will advance my mission and stop me from feeling crappy about this seemly fail of a week. 

Sorry the week has been tough. When you are tempted to yell at yourself, talk like you would to a friend, and remind yourself that yesterday is gone, today is a new day, and you are taking a step in the right direction

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

36 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry the week has been tough. When you are tempted to yell at yourself, talk like you would to a friend, and remind yourself that yesterday is gone, today is a new day, and you are taking a step in the right direction

Thanks. I try, but I tend to revert to 'being harsh to myself' as a habit. 

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Not getting my strength feat done.  Wasn't able to get in a workout last night because I had to help work on the house so we could get the last of the rooms looking semi-presentable before the first real estate agent arrives this afternoon.  I did help coach Little Bug's practice, but we were late so only there for half of it, and I did not do close to enough skating for it to count for the challenge.

Well, on I go.  We'll see how close to completing it I can get.  Not planning to have more than one missed day!

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

5 hours ago, Echocheanic said:

Thanks. I try, but I tend to revert to 'being harsh to myself' as a habit. 

It's a hard habit to break, I agree I still struggle with it.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Well, I am changing my feat to something I can actually do - elevated push ups as much as I can every day for the rest of the week, starting yesterday.

Wednesday - 5 x 10

Today - 3 x 10

I expected a slump since doing them in a row is not something I have done, but I am determined to at least do one set a day through to Sunday (I feel like that is all I will be able to do at the end of this). Then I need to find some extra exercises because just doing one thing is lame and I don't do it often enough. I can't cardio outside, so I need something at home with little to no gear. Online videos I have found are either way too hard (so I can barely do them) or easy and boring. So I need to find my threshold.

• Like 3

Hope your cat is alright...

Thanks EG, he seems much better today. Mr collected him from the vet this afternoon and we have had two successful uses of the litter box (one of each). This is a positive. I also managed to bathe him (kinda) and only got one scratch on my armpit, so counting that as a win!

Spending-wise, the vets wasn’t tooo bad, but we bought a plug-in anti-stress thing and cat shampoo and special food etc. it totaled less than $300, so I’m glad I did the overtime just before Christmas so we were able to just throw money at the problem. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

I spent $3 on an iced coffee and $2 on a library fine.

I paid for PT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I love making cameos in others folks' stories. One fine return deserves another!

• Like 5

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, Yasha92 said:

Sorry to hear, I hope your kitty is ok.

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Eek! Recommitting after the plague derailed my plans for a week and a half. Very pleased to see it's Strength week,because that means I can succeed if I get out my sledgehammer tonight and tomorrow for two shovelglove sessions.

latest?cb=20151106160112     58d2d1c83a3612cdda3232bed8ea3337--sledge      girlpink.jpg?w=500     Sledgehammer.jpg   maxresdefault.jpg

Who knew there were so many Sledgehammer songs?

Poppy Sledgehammer

Trekkie Sledgehammer

80's Sledgehammer

50's 80's Sledgehammer

• Like 3

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

Darn.  Missed 2 workouts now.  However, I went to the doctor yesterday and (finally) got my flu shot, and that coupled with already feeling pretty tired and a bit run down made me think adding another stressor (did I spell that right?  My computer thinks not, but isn't offering any helpful suggestions...) probably wasn't a good idea.

• Like 3

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

6 minutes ago, Elennare said:

Darn.  Missed 2 workouts now.  However, I went to the doctor yesterday and (finally) got my flu shot, and that coupled with already feeling pretty tired and a bit run down made me think adding another stressor (did I spell that right?  My computer thinks not, but isn't offering any helpful suggestions...) probably wasn't a good idea.

It always sucks when doing something proactive makes something else fall, but just think how more derailed your plans would get if you get a real bout of flu. Take care.

And yeah, it's "stressor". As far as I can tell, "stresser" is just used for things that are stress testers, like for your IP.  

• Like 3

On 12/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, EaseActivate said:

Strength: add dumbbell bicep curls to each workout

Completed for all three workouts this week! 

3 sets per workout, 10 reps per set, 5lb dumbbells (cuz I've never done it before)

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"First you decide what you've gotta do, and then you go out and do it. And maybe the most that we can do is just to see each other through it." -Ani Difranco

Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Did my elevated push ups for today - one set cause cramps. Now I'm gonna go curl up and sit.

• Like 2

Did my strength feat! 15 (elevated) push ups 

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

I've only got sone strength session in this week, but the mini was part of the motivation to get my butt to the gym yesterday. It was a completely awesome session with a massive squat PB so I'm totally counting it as a victory :D 

• Like 4

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Completed both my lifting workouts this week with extra accessory work for the strength feat! I added in pull ups and barbell curls to the first workout, and calf raises and hollow body holds to the second.  They really didn't take too much extra time so I might end up leaving them in my workout as do-most-of-the-time-options :)

• Like 4

B'ker has spent the week pulling himself up among the trees looking for good positions for the archers to ambush the giants from.  Having found several, he reports their locations to his leaders, allowing them to choose the best combinations of archer and vantage point.

Strength Feat accomplished!  Double pull-up workouts each of the 3 days for a grand total of 114 pull-ups this week.  Kind of a shame it wasn't actually climbing trees though LOL.

• Like 4

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:( I'm just not getting any extra strength training in this week :( Sorry to let you down.

That's okay, your fellow Rangers are here to help with the load. You're not letting us down.  Rest up and you'll be ready to kick Frost Giant ass next week.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

15 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

I've only got sone strength session in this week, but the mini was part of the motivation to get my butt to the gym yesterday. It was a completely awesome session with a massive squat PB so I'm totally counting it as a victory :D 

Woo! Congrats on the PB!

Strength Feat done. I've even managed 2 sets of 6 push ups most days, as well as the bar hangs. Slow and steady progress :D 

• Like 3

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

4 X 10 sets of elevated push ups done today. I should be able to do them tomorrow too and then I'm done. 

As the Ranger surveyed the clearing, a plan began to form. Some got to work digging a pit, some got to work gathering fallen wood and then chopping trees. Their experienced Range eyes selected older, dying, or diseased trees that needed to be cleared anyway. They may be on a mission, but they were still Rangers. As the pit began to take shape, the Rangers placed wood and kindling in strategic places in the pit. Others gathered stones above the entrance to the pit so it could cut off the Jotun's escape routes with a pull of a rope. None of what they prepared would be enough to stop the Jotun's on their own, but in combination it would stop them long enough for the Rangers to engage them in combat. Other Rangers worked on a covering for the pit that they covered with dirt and leaves.

As the Jotuns approached the Rangers melted into the forest and the canyon walls. Within ten seconds even a trained eye would have difficulty telling the Rangers had ever been there at all. Rounding the corner, the group made it right over the pit when the cover gave way. As they fell a rope was pulled and the rocks fell, cutting off the clearing. Rangers with bows popped up and shot lit arrows into the piles of wood, which burst into flame. The Jotuns would not go down easily, however, Even as they began to fall, they fired shots at the Rangers. There would be no negotiation, no demands the hype be Returned. The fall had disoriented them, the heat from the flames weakened them. Rangers began to descend into the pit and take the Jotuns on and the fight was joined.

Combat feat this week, Get that Hype Back!

• Like 9

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath