Hunters Gonna Ranger: The Find-The-Bastard-Who-Stole-The-Hype Mini Challenge

On 1/27/2018 at 1:32 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Do your distance feat. We'll get the hype home and fix it next challenge.

Oh hell yeah I am SO READY TO ROW*

*she screams from a small pocket of post-gym hype

• Like 4

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

I did it (the distance feat)! I walked for an hour! Granted I counted the standing in line bits too, but hey I took the scenic route. I need to get sneakers, then I can do it more often.

• Like 5

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Elize had fallen way behind her Ranger-friends, as she had stopped to donate blood, and assist the medics back at the hall. Trying to track them with her strength down, and head swimming a bit, she stepped right into a heavy trap, falling from above, knocking the wind right out of her. It took her a while to struggle out from underneath the heavy, ungrippable (sp?) mass, which kept slipping and sliding around, but with the last of her strength she pushed the object up and over, and moved it out of her way.

But she isn't the kind of ranger to give up easily. She rested a bit, then got up and started tracking the other rangers again. Where she could she got a slow jog up, otherwise had to walk. By nightfall on the last week she could finally see the last of the group of rangers in the distance. Tired and a little out of breath, she turned her head to try and find the source of the rustling just off the path... Elize sighed heavily, she really wasn't up to a fight right then, but if that four legged creature looking at her wanted one, then she will just have to accommodate it, won't she?

To be continued...

In other words, yes I've fallen behind on my feats. I'm trying to make up, and have adjusted some of them, like strength became a wrestling match in flipping over our king size mattress - singlehandedly (yesterday) after donating blood for real. And distance feat was done today where I tried to get the furthest distance in that I've walked this month (ok, ever since I started training). Did 4.16km in 40min+-, and I managed to jog in three places, without my heart jumping out my throat. I have two more days to do combat with whatever creature sneaked up on me :D:P

• Like 4

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Checking in after a quiet week.  

I did this one last week! : 

On 12/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, EaseActivate said:

Combat: take the Long Walk route for every dog walk, and be willing to brave the cats, squirrels, and dogs that will bring out my companion’s fight response. Practice aikido-leash skills.

I also got this one in over the weekend: 

On 12/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, EaseActivate said:

Distance: 15k steps in one day

I got 25k steps on Saturday (a new record between me and my fitbit!) and 23k steps on Sunday!  It helped that I was at Disney World. :) 

Ranger on!! 

• Like 5

"First you decide what you've gotta do, and then you go out and do it. And maybe the most that we can do is just to see each other through it." -Ani Difranco

Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This feat, unlike several of the others, actually aligns with my life this week! I have gotten so much stuff to get ready for the move done, and it's only Wednesday. I have more I'm going to do the rest of the week, but I don't know how much time I'll have to post, so I will take the opportunity to call it done. :D

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

I have walked my 63000 steps solemnly with the rest of the rangers with our broken hype.

though I have not conquered all, I'm happy to report I have battled each week on recovering our hype through the various challenges that have been posed.

I only quailed during a feat of combat; where my efforts were sincere and significant but not enough to put down the mighty giants.

I'm proud to have been part of the campagne and I offer a toast to all those that took part within the guild.

you-are-incredible.gif

there are  a few rangers in the trail behind us, and as the Ranger I am- I will not forget them.  I shall voyage back a few thousand steps to see if I can help.

I hope to see you all at the victory celebrations that shall surely occur when the guild is all safe and sound

• Like 4

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 12/25/2017 at 12:34 AM, SkyGirl said:

Distance:  Walk on the treadmill at moderate elevation for 30+ minutes, twice

I'm only going to get half of my feat in because I have to spend most of tomorrow working on homework, but I'm headed to the gym this afternoon to hike up that treadmill!

tumblr_oegsnlOO221vnq1cro2_400.gif 

• Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

Going for a nice walk through my neighborhood was my distance feat.  I have been super low energy this week and really busy so I'm comboing this with being out and about for other reasons.  I will walk where I've gotta go tonight instead of taking a cab.  Rangering in a cocktail dress like a boss.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you've never seen Enter the Dragon I recommend tracking down a copy.

I saw it as a kid, so can't remember anything other than Bruce Lee is in it. But just remembered that I bought Brandt that dvd for Christmas!

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I'm calling my distance feat a win, I was aiming for over 6500 steps per day and I got there 5/7 days this week. Not bad considering how low my steps have been on "rest" days

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Got my distance feat earlier in the week but forgot to post whoops.

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

29 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Got my distance feat earlier in the week but forgot to post whoops.

Same here :D

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Well done everyone.

The Rangers brought the hype back to the village. Tired, but not defeated, they prepared themselves for the.....................

TO BE CONTINUED!

The next Ranger mini is ready to go, you'll see it as soon as the new forums go live.

• Like 8

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Got in my 20 miles for the week!

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.