Hunters Gonna Ranger: The Find-The-Bastard-Who-Stole-The-Hype Mini Challenge

Miaulin and Cheetah, there is no consensus on "too low" for squats. Also, she's not squatting for reps, she's resting in a squat. I don't think there is a too low for that.

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

@Tanktimus the Encourager, this will be my first time *gasp, I know* joining in a mini. Are these goals over and above our normal routines, or can we opt to do extra reps on a specific exercise from a normal routine, or should we try to do 15min. of a feat 4x/week?

The feats are whatever you want them to be. You set them, and then do them on the week it calls for that particular feat.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

This Mini was inspired by [mention=53735]jonfirestar[/mention] and myself so it seems fitting I lend my smoothbore to the cause [emoji6] 

giphy.webp

Strength: Find 3RM on Hip Thrust

Wolf

I trust there will be video?
  • Like 5

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Solstice Challenge

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

54 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I trust there will be video?

Only way to prove I'm doing it right :P 

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

"Are you telling me that I just managed to pass the initiation and someone already decided to mess things up?" *looks around* "Well, that thief didn't think things through did he? Remove the hype, but add a goal, and you get a bunch of skilled, cranky people wanting to wring your neck." 

Will add/modify my feats as I decide on them (I think I'm done with that now). Some of these will need to be just vaguely related to their title because I am starting this quest with low gear. :D 

Strength Feat: 3 body weight circuits 3 times;

Speed Feat: get under 20 min with three circuits on your bodyweight once;

Distance Feat: long trek - walk for over an hour once outside;

Combat Feat: high kick practice - stretch the back of your knees;

Outdoorsy Feat: get out of the house more ya hermit.

• Like 3

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

. Also, she's not squatting for reps, she's resting in a squat. I don't think there is a too low for that.

I know, that's what makes it so funny.  :-D

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

18 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

*shamefaced* i didn't know there is a 'too low' U_U

A common way for Bushmen to sit. Quicker to move into action on the hunt, although these kiddies are probably just playing, not hunting :P I've read a couple of Nerd's training to go into this very low squat, but I can't remember whether they tried for a number of reps or just wanted to get the movement/mobility right.

bushman-children-F1KC2Y.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

A common way for Bushmen to sit. Quicker to move into action on the hunt, although these kiddies are probably just playing, not hunting [emoji14] I've read a couple of Nerd's training to go into this very low squat, but I can't remember whether they tried for a number of reps or just wanted to get the movement/mobility right.
bushman-children-F1KC2Y.jpg

A few years ago the flavor of the month was the ten minute squat test. Inspired by the first Kelly Starrett MWOD. It’s harder than you would guess.

https://www.mobilitywod.com/propreview/the-first-of-many-beat-downs-10-minute-squat-test-mobility-project-episode-1/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Solstice Challenge

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I sit in low squats all the time - it's great for mobility and opening up the hips, and it's helped my tight ankles a lot too!  It's one of my favorite resting positions between barbell squat sets. :) (And at home while I'm waiting for water to heat up in the microwave...)  I think my longest squat-sit time is right around 3 minutes now?  I should check on that sometime.........

• Like 8

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

A few years ago the flavor of the month was the ten minute squat test. Inspired by the first Kelly Starrett MWOD. It’s harder than you would guess.

https://www.mobilitywod.com/propreview/the-first-of-many-beat-downs-10-minute-squat-test-mobility-project-episode-1/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good ole MobilityWOD. #SuppleLeopardFTW

4 hours ago, shaar said:

I think my longest squat-sit time is right around 3 minutes now?

I think mines around 3 min as well. And like Sloth said, its definitely harder than you would think.

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

On 27/12/2017 at 3:42 PM, Wild Wolf said:

This Mini was inspired by @jonfirestar and myself so it seems fitting I lend my smoothbore to the cause ;) 

Let's get the bastard!! 

Strength: 3 sets of 5 pull ups 4 days this week

Speed: Long tempo intervals 4x 1mile at threshold pace

Distance: 10+mile Run

Combat: Complete 2 Darebees combat workouts.

Ranger: Spend at least 30 minutes walking outside every day.

• Like 6

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Alrighty, I've had a think, and I've come up with some reasonable things that I reckon will fit into my challenge nicely.

Strength: Part of one of my goals is to do ten push ups in the morning and ten in the evening. During the week of the strength feat, I'll replace these with pike push ups (which I can do, just. Ten will take maybe an hour or so!).

Speed: During speed feat week I will do my runs (using the Zombies, Run! app) with chases enabled.

Distance: Each day off of work I will find somewhere to hike or take a walk that will last for over two hours.

Combat: Shadow boxing five times during combat week.

Ranger: TBD on the week.

• Like 7

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I'll give this one a go, but I'll have to ponder my feats....

Strength ~ add 2 pushups to each set instead of the usual 1 for each of this week's pushup sessions (unless it's week 1, in which case just do all the pushup sessions)

Speed ~ run at least 1 interval in each of my interval workouts at at least 7.2mph

Distance ~ figure out a running route that will add at least 1/2k to my current long route, then run it on my outdoor run day

Combat ~ don't skip any physio or stretching sessions this week and mush at least once ('cuz you need to be supple to excel at combat?)

Ranger ~ find a reason to use my new crampons

• Like 2
On 12/21/2017 at 8:58 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

one of the founders of the guild called it the hype. Someone must have discovered it last year when the Guild Hall was destroyed and came back for it sometime in the fall. We have to find the bastard who stole the hype. Prepare yourselves. We're going thief hunting!

Well, that would eXPLAIN A LOT

d849ee611a1798daf0afe6f9ba4c6435.jpg

My goals are gonna be mostly inside except for the specifically outside one because it's been cold lately >.>

Strength: bodyweight circuit x2

Speed: do 1 mile on the elliptical for time, & post the time, x2

Distance: do the elliptical for an hour, x2

Combat: evening yoga x3

Rangerly Outdoorsy: go walking with @Rinna & pupper(s), x3

• Like 6

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

The messenger was breathless when she arrived, cheeks aglow from the bitter weather. In the harsh winter months, most of the Elves preferred to remain inside, where the cheerful glow of firelight welcomed them in almost every room. The Dúnedain, however, trained in all weathers and Rhovaniel was out in the courtyard when the messenger arrived, trading blows with Callan. He was still a vastly superior swordsman to her, but in the three months since her arrival, both her strength and her skill had been steadily growing. Today, however, she was shivering, battling with numb hands, and Callan’s wooden training sword made it through her defences again and again. As the messenger rode in, her horse steaming in the cold air, Rhovaniel gratefully broke off the training and turned to the rider with curiosity.

Dark red hair was falling from the woman’s braid, and most of her face was hidden beneath a coarse brown scarf. The snow fell from her shoulders as she deftly dismounted and reached into the folds of her fur-lined clothes.

“I was sent with a message for you, Dúnedain,” she said, leaving it unclear as to which Ranger she was speaking to. But her high, clear voice identified her to them as an Elf, though her ears were hidden in the folds of her cloak. Rhovaniel hadn’t met her, but that was not surprising. This home she shared with the Dúnedain and the Elves who would dwell here was far larger than she had first imagined, and Elves from other parts were frequent visitors, and those of this place often out visiting their brethren, so that the Elves comprised a constantly shifting population. This Elf held out a letter, folded in thirds and sealed with green wax. Callan took it with a small bow, and the Elf quickly remounted.

“Where may I find the stables?”

“Just past this courtyard,” Rhovaniel told her, “and the kitchens just beyond always have something hot ready. Shall I show you the way?”

“No need, but you have my thanks, Dúnedain. I’m sure I can find them.”

She turned her horse and Rhovaniel went to Callan. His face was grave, and when she approached, he turned the letter so she could see who it was addressed to. ‘Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger’. The wax seal was unmistakable, and, thanks to the arts of the smiths, inimitable. A drawn bow with a sword in place of the arrow. The guild.

Forgetting their numbness for the time being, Rhovaniel tore open the letter. She read it and passed it wordlessly to Callan.

“Of course,” he said quietly. “It makes sense now.”

“The Chaplain calls for my aid. I must go,” Rhovaniel told him. “How long should it take me to reach the Guildhall?”

“Are you sure you’re ready for another quest so soon? Your wounds are healed yes, but you are not at the same strength as you were.”

“I don’t know,” Rhovaniel admitted. “But I will not hide away when my Guild needs me.”

“Then I have a way to get you to the guildhall within a few days. Not on foot, or even on horse. Come.” He led the way across the courtyard, and Rhovaniel followed.

Not too sure of my Feats yet, but will edit to add them when I do.

Strength:

Speed: 

Distance:

Combat:

Rangerly Outdoorsy: Go for a hike at the weekend, for at least a few hours.

• Like 15

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

1 hour ago, Rhovaniel said:

The messenger was breathless when she arrived, cheeks aglow from the bitter weather. In the harsh winter months, most of the Elves preferred to remain inside, where the cheerful glow of firelight welcomed them in almost every room. The Dúnedain, however, trained in all weathers and Rhovaniel was out in the courtyard when the messenger arrived, trading blows with Callan. He was still a vastly superior swordsman to her, but in the three months since her arrival, both her strength and her skill had been steadily growing. Today, however, she was shivering, battling with numb hands, and Callan’s wooden training sword made it through her defences again and again. As the messenger rode in, her horse steaming in the cold air, Rhovaniel gratefully broke off the training and turned to the rider with curiosity.

Dark red hair was falling from the woman’s braid, and most of her face was hidden beneath a coarse brown scarf. The snow fell from her shoulders as she deftly dismounted and reached into the folds of her fur-lined clothes.

“I was sent with a message for you, Dúnedain,” she said, leaving it unclear as to which Ranger she was speaking to. But her high, clear voice identified her to them as an Elf, though her ears were hidden in the folds of her cloak. Rhovaniel hadn’t met her, but that was not surprising. This home she shared with the Dúnedain and the Elves who would dwell here was far larger than she had first imagined, and Elves from other parts were frequent visitors, and those of this place often out visiting their brethren, so that the Elves comprised a constantly shifting population. This Elf held out a letter, folded in thirds and sealed with green wax. Callan took it with a small bow, and the Elf quickly remounted.

“Where may I find the stables?”

“Just past this courtyard,” Rhovaniel told her, “and the kitchens just beyond always have something hot ready. Shall I show you the way?”

“No need, but you have my thanks, Dúnedain. I’m sure I can find them.”

She turned her horse and Rhovaniel went to Callan. His face was grave, and when she approached, he turned the letter so she could see who it was addressed to. ‘Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger’. The wax seal was unmistakable, and, thanks to the arts of the smiths, inimitable. A drawn bow with a sword in place of the arrow. The guild.

Forgetting their numbness for the time being, Rhovaniel tore open the letter. She read it and passed it wordlessly to Callan.

“Of course,” he said quietly. “It makes sense now.”

“The Chaplain calls for my aid. I must go,” Rhovaniel told him. “How long should it take me to reach the Guildhall?”

“Are you sure you’re ready for another quest so soon? Your wounds are healed yes, but you are not at the same strength as you were.”

“I don’t know,” Rhovaniel admitted. “But I will not hide away when my Guild needs me.”

“Then I have a way to get you to the guildhall within a few days. Not on foot, or even on horse. Come.” He led the way across the courtyard, and Rhovaniel followed.

Not too sure of my Feats yet, but will edit to add them when I do.

Strength:

Speed: 

Distance:

Combat:

Rangerly Outdoorsy: Go for a hike at the weekend, for at least a few hours.

I got chills reading this. Well done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I got chills reading this. Well done.

Seconded

• Like 4

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

1 hour ago, bker1370 said:

Seconded

Third-ed...

I'm here to assist with finding the hype as well...I can't stand a thief!

Strength: Check into Bodyrock beginner bootcamp

Speed: work on C25K program (again..)

Distance: 10,000 steps a day

Combat: Return to Kickboxing class

Rangerly/Outdoors: I have a polar plunge, a 5k, and 10k planned this month, something will fit that I'm sure :lol: 

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Strength week. 50 push ups a day ( I can break them up into smaller increments) 5 days that week.

Speed week.  This will envolve some interval sprints.  Not sure how I will goal but with two new titanium hips any sprints are a win.

Distance week.  20,000 steps all 7 days that week. 

Combat week.  Kickboxing workout 2x this week

Rangerly/Outdoors week.  Depends on the week.  Next week the temperature here will be in the negative digits and could reach -40 below wind chill.  Just going out in that weather I think should qualify for this.

• Like 6

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

16 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Just going out in that weather I think should qualify for this.

Amen, sister, amen!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

On 12/28/2017 at 8:05 AM, shaar said:

I sit in low squats all the time - it's great for mobility and opening up the hips, and it's helped my tight ankles a lot too!  It's one of my favorite resting positions between barbell squat sets. :) (And at home while I'm waiting for water to heat up in the microwave...)  I think my longest squat-sit time is right around 3 minutes now?  I should check on that sometime.........

my knees won't allow that position.......not if I wish to continue walking.

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

As the Rangers gather their gear for the hunting expedition the weather begins to turn cold. A few flakes of snow fall, cheering those who care for such things, but the flakes quickly turn to ice as the temperature drops even lower. An ice storm begins, smothering the ground in sleet that soon turns solid. The Rangers begin to layer up in the guild hall as they prepare to move out. Once they are assembled the Chaplain stands by the door.

"Rangers, as I look out on this group I am so proud of each and every one of you. Despite the adversity, you have returned home to reclaim the hype. When our time of need arrived you answered the call. It is an honor to lead you here today.

Our hype has been stolen. This will not stand. Ever we strive to better ourselves and help those around us, and ever the forces of evil work to stop us. Now they think that stealing our hype will stop us forever. All they have done is slow us down and made us stronger. For in the absence of the hype we have found and embraced the grind, and in the grind we have found grit and determination. Now that the nefarious actions of the thief have been discovered they have given us new tools, focus, anger and a clear goal. Anger will not sustain us in the long term, but it will get us out that door. I do not believe this ice storm is a coincidence, and the nature of the obstacle may give us a clue to the identity of the thief or thieves. Embrace the grind, summon your anger, and prepare to go out that door into the cold. For before we do justice upon the thieves and return the hype we must find them. We will walk out this door and pick up the trail of those who have taken the hype. If this storm is deliberate, it was probably sent to obscure that trail. While that might have stopped another guild, we are the Ranger Corps. We are the wild. We were born to it, molded by it. We do not stop, we do not quit. We will find the trail, hunt down the thief and return the hype!"

And with that, the chaplain turns, opens the door, and stalks out into the cold without turning to see who was following.

Let's find that trail. Do your outdoor feat and report your success here in the thread.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Let's find that trail. Do your outdoor feat and report your success here in the thread.

Ohhhhhhh fudgemuffins ... the air temperatures here aren't supposed to rise back to 20°F until next Saturday. The wind chill tomorrow could be -29°F.

SphericalHarshAlaskankleekai-size_restri 

I mean YASS FOR THE REBELLION LET'S GO FIND THAT LITTLE SNEAK THIEF I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU CAPTAIN CHAPLAIN SIR

giphy.webp 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 42

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Books in Progress:

Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (24%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%)  |  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0%) 
Books Finished:
Captivating (100%)  |  The Prodigal God (100%)  |  Not Yet Married (100%)  |  Gentle and Lowly (100%)

I am new here. I did not quite understand the importants of the hype. But ya'll have made it clear. And I thank you for that. So I am here to aid you however I can. This infiltration will not stand. The scent is fresh, lets hunt.

loup-neige.gif

FEATS

Strength: Yoga/stretch for 15min daily.
Speed: Fold and put away a basket of laundry everyday that week.
Distance: Make and put $100 in savings account.
Combat: Write a letter/prayer to God every morning.

Ranger: Spend 60-min barefoot outside that week. That's less than 10-min a day. #Grounding

• Like 9