Hunters Gonna Ranger: The Find-The-Bastard-Who-Stole-The-Hype Mini Challenge

8 hours ago, RES said:

Can I come visit you? I love the heat!!

All NF rebels are welcome any time :) 

• Like 4

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

I'm in!! Let's track this bastard down.

Strength Feat: Do an extra set of accessory work with my Stronglifts

Speed Feat: Add in agility work to my barre workout

Distance Feat: Go for a hike, ruck or long walk around the city depending on what I'm able to do schedule and weather-wise that week.

Combat Feet: Do a kickboxing workout OR do a really intimidating dance class I've been eyeballing (mental combat...)

Outdoors Rangerly Feat: Go for a hike.  Even if it's 10F out.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

All NF rebels are welcome any time :) 

Yay!! :D 

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE adjusts

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 68

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I am blessing my past self for the wisdom to choose a warm Rangerly feat!

Image result for bowline knot

Bowline knot mastered.

• Like 11

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

My Ranger outdoor challenge is 30 minutes of barefoot walking. Today I did 2 minutes. :redface-new: Not sure what I have committed to. I kind of figured, how hard can it be? This morning it was about 35 degrees, but the ground still felt frozen. I walked out to the garbage bins and back.  

Tomorrow I shall go on the track again, even if it means walking barefoot across the icy hills, I will continue the quest for the hype.

• Like 8

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

It's painfully obvious who is living in the NE and who is in warmer climates, based on the outdoors feat. ;)  

Strength Feat: Dig out the weights and actually use them for two different workouts.  I'm generally too lazy to dig out and build out my BBs and DBs, so I just stick to bodyweight stuff.  

Speed Feat:  Piano practice for at least 3 hours over the week (hey... my fingers move very fast, so it counts ;) ).  I've fallen out of the habit of playing, and I need to fall back into it.

Distance Feat: Actually finish my workouts for the week, and don't just bail out when I get bored or tired.  If I set out to do a 60 minute yoga video, then do the whole damn thing.  If I set out to do darebee, then do all of the sets.  

Combat Feet: Cardio kickboxing workouts 2x.  I need more cardio in my life, anyway.

Rangerly Outdoorsy Feat: Take down the outdoor xmas decorations.  Also, bundle up and willingly subject myself to the freezing cold for a 10 minute walk every day.  If I end up having to shovel snow (which looks likely), that can count in place of a walk.  

Since we're already on the outdoors feat, looks like I'll be bundling up and walking today.  It should be up to 20 degrees F by noon.  :cold:

• Like 7

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

It's painfully obvious who is living in the NE and who is in warmer climates, based on the outdoors feat. [emoji6]  

Strength Feat: Dig out the weights and actually use them for two different workouts.  I'm generally too lazy to dig out and build out my BBs and DBs, so I just stick to bodyweight stuff.  
Speed Feat:  Piano practice for at least 3 hours over the week (hey... my fingers move very fast, so it counts [emoji6] ).  I've fallen out of the habit of playing, and I need to fall back into it.
Distance Feat: Actually finish my workouts for the week, and don't just bail out when I get bored or tired.  If I set out to do a 60 minute yoga video, then do the whole damn thing.  If I set out to do darebee, then do all of the sets.  
Combat Feet: Cardio kickboxing workouts 2x.  I need more cardio in my life, anyway.
Rangerly Outdoorsy Feat: Take down the outdoor xmas decorations.  Also, bundle up and willingly subject myself to the freezing cold for a 10 minute walk every day.  If I end up having to shovel snow (which looks likely), that can count in place of a walk.  

Since we're already on the outdoors feat, looks like I'll be bundling up and walking today.  It should be up to 20 degrees F by noon.  :cold:
Combat feet :-P

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Went out with the boys this morning, and alone this afternoon:

We found a trail.... which lead to a marshy area with indistinguishable, dangerously sharp pointy things sticking up from the soil (I think it is hard fern fronds, but did not want to diminish the boys' curiosity..... and the trail ended in a beautiful field with some flowers. As we lost that trail, we decided to have some muffins at a nearby picnic table. Hope someone else picked up the Hype-Thieves' trail.

The walk was a bit short, so I went for my planned Tuesday afternoon walk down the street in front of our house. As it is outside, it could probably count as well. That was a bit longer (3+km) in 39min. And longer than I previously did.

• Like 10

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

:(

I feel almost too late to post.  but I'm going to be stubborn.  my current exercise routine neatly hits all these attributes

[EDIT: i just relized that this is to individual feats]

Strength;  5 deadlifts of 185.  which would be a PR

Speed;  on a run this week;  2 minute at 9minute mile.  complete during a 30minute run.

Distance: hmm.  my watch tracks steps- and 9000*7=63000 steps a week.

Combat: Easy- my bodyweight class just begins tomarrow.  2 classes a week

Outdoorsy:  go outside for one hour (min) and walk Off trail while there is snow on the ground.

• Like 5

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

35 minutes ago, Aminarra said:

Combat feet :-P

Hahaha. :)  Blame Tank for that one, since I just copied and pasted the OP.  It's a rather lovely play on words, though. ;) 

pVowv_s-200x150.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

24 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Do you have a new challenge up? I don't see your name under the new challenge dates.

I am working on a narrative

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/105562-skip-the-unprepared-begins-his-quest/

Skip my alterego... prolly isn't much different than myself.  except he is an an imaginary land modeled off of Tolkein's MiddleEarth (which I absolutely adore)

and he prolly isn't going to have a fun time for 5 weeks.

the idea is that the better the week (fitness wise) the easier better time he shall have.

my whole background narrative still needs a little free time to complete

• Like 4

Echo watched as everyone else left for their designated locations. I guess it was time to go. Other rangers had snowy roads and tall peaks to deal with. Not Echo. She would have wanted a mountain at this point, but she had to go and check her area, the city. After all a thief might have belonged to a thief guild, and they might know who put them up to stealing the hype.

Echo hated the city. It didn't matter that she spent most of her life there. It was cold, but the damp kind of cold, with no snow, and it was always dark. People bumped into each other too, so she had to be careful and hide her purse. At least she made the effort to blend in and she was tall enough to look over or around most crowds. 

She spent half an hour looking for a trail, but found nothing. Eh, she thought, maybe the city wasn't where he left. Or maybe she'd have better luck tomorrow. She got back to the campfire talking about spitting people and crowds, welcoming the warmth of the fire.

Might sound a bit negative, but wow do I wish I had enough time+money to go somewhere that was both safe and had a bit of nature. But hey, I got myself out of the house, though it took a reward of fuzzy pez candy (because I am a baby inside). :D 

• Like 8

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Aminarra ventured from the ranger compound, seeking any sign of the thief. Wind stung her eyes and tore at her garb, so she had to seek shelter relatively quickly. She hoped the other rangers were having better luck in pursuit of the Hype.5a04552fdd62018e59c8b3ad476b3b52.jpga0d2a78bbade30098f1584d9e0f13c1e.jpg

• Like 7

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

so is THIS week the week of doing something outside?  and do you have to provide a pic?

The pic was just something I mentioned. I thought it might be fun to see what others are doing, but no requirement for it. 

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

oh

well its a great idea.  my only prob is that normally its dark when I get a chance to walk...

even in summer.

we'll see what happens.

perhaps I can photo a place during a lunch walk and then do the longer more rigorous walk later that night.

I half thought of photos a few times last challenge...

• Like 3