Hunters Gonna Ranger: The Find-The-Bastard-Who-Stole-The-Hype Mini Challenge

oh

well its a great idea.  my only prob is that normally its dark when I get a chance to walk...
even in summer.

we'll see what happens.

perhaps I can photo a place during a lunch walk and then do the longer more rigorous walk later that night.
I half thought of photos a few times last challenge...

I'm kind of a shutter bug, I enjoy posting pictures ^_^

And yeah, this is our outdoor week. Brr!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

On 12/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, EaseActivate said:

Outdoors: drive to the waterfront park and do the fitness trail, attempting each marked exercise along the way.

Feat Completed! Yesterday I did the waterfront fitness trail!* I did all of the available** exercise stations, and enjoyed the beautiful view around me.

IMG_0638.thumb.jpg.1d5d95706dfe433f23ca6a3333157e3b.jpgIMG_0635.thumb.jpg.aba3d2ee01c76616c20ebef74cc8d27e.jpgIMG_0640.thumb.jpg.8a173dd9deab733c69a4d6218c0ecbb5.jpg

Then I got home and realized I lost my driver's license somewhere on the trail, so I went BACK*** and walked the whole trail again to retrace my steps... cuz I'm... all about the bonus rounds! (Yeah, that's it.) And this time it included a jaw-dropping sunset. So I'll take that as a signal that I was on the right track. 

IMG_0650.thumb.jpg.be54fd0405e4053401351905a90a5abb.jpg

* I live in California and it was 55F. Sorry to everyone who is freezing right now. 
** Two of the stations were swarmed with children treating it as a jungle gym, so I skipped those, but I made up for it with a few extra rounds of push-ups. 
*** I did not find my ID. DMV appt has been made. I'll survive. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

"First you decide what you've gotta do, and then you go out and do it. And maybe the most that we can do is just to see each other through it." -Ani Difranco

Current Challenge | Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

FEAT COMPLETED!

I didn't want to expose my dog to the potentially problematic temperatures, so I walked my butt to the Costco and bought the last of my weekly groceries, then walked back. It was more outdoors and movement than I usually have so I count that as a 100% win :)

• Like 8

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Chronicles: Ep. 9: Beginnings and Healing

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

- Danika Fendyr, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42

Pictures pictures pictures!!!! YEAH!!!!  Now I'm even more motivated to show you guys the ice-cold frozen wasteland of the beach......

(hmm yeah that sounds great huh???)

• Like 7

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Feat Completed! Yesterday I did the waterfront fitness trail!* I did all of the available** exercise stations, and enjoyed the beautiful view around me.

IMG_0638.thumb.jpg.1d5d95706dfe433f23ca6a3333157e3b.jpgIMG_0635.thumb.jpg.aba3d2ee01c76616c20ebef74cc8d27e.jpgIMG_0640.thumb.jpg.8a173dd9deab733c69a4d6218c0ecbb5.jpg

Then I got home and realized I lost my driver's license somewhere on the trail, so I went BACK*** and walked the whole trail again to retrace my steps... cuz I'm... all about the bonus rounds! (Yeah, that's it.) And this time it included a jaw-dropping sunset. So I'll take that as a signal that I was on the right track. 

IMG_0650.thumb.jpg.be54fd0405e4053401351905a90a5abb.jpg

* I live in California and it was 55F. Sorry to everyone who is freezing right now.  ** Two of the stations were swarmed with children treating it as a jungle gym, so I skipped those, but I made up for it with a few extra rounds of push-ups.  *** I did not find my ID. DMV appt has been made. I'll survive.   
The thief stole your ID! Don't let them get away with the Hype and your license! [emoji44]

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

3 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

FEAT COMPLETED!

I didn't want to expose my dog to the potentially problematic temperatures, so I walked my butt to the Costco and bought the last of my weekly groceries, then walked back. It was more outdoors and movement than I usually have so I count that as a 100% win :)

GJ!

definitely no easy thing to get outside in the cold!

I was just wondering the other day, how much more energy it takes to haul 5-10-15#'s of groceries.

technically your not moving it Much; but like an isometric hold- it takes real strength to hold up the weight... IOW I can really feel it if I haul something heavy through walmart (cuz grabbing a cart is just too inconvenient!)

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

30 minutes ago, TGP said:

GJ!

definitely no easy thing to get outside in the cold!

I was just wondering the other day, how much more energy it takes to haul 5-10-15#'s of groceries.

technically your not moving it Much; but like an isometric hold- it takes real strength to hold up the weight... IOW I can really feel it if I haul something heavy through walmart (cuz grabbing a cart is just too inconvenient!)

I'm not sure. Between the 7.5lbs of chicken and the massive box of Kraft slices, I think I had around 10lbs. It didn't feel all that hard, but I was lifting weights a month or so ago *shrug*

• Like 3

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Chronicles: Ep. 9: Beginnings and Healing

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

- Danika Fendyr, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I love pics! I live/travel vicariously through other Nerds' photos :D

Me too. And I  whine less about how cold it is when I see what real cold places are like.:)

• Like 3

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

18 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I am blessing my past self for the wisdom to choose a warm Rangerly feat!

Image result for bowline knot

Bowline knot mastered.

Nice! The Scout Leader in me wants to ask if you can tie it one-handed? (If you're stuck somewhere and you need to hold on people can throw you a rope andyou an tie it with one hand around your waist so they can pull you up. Survival skills FTW!)

• Like 3

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

I am in! I'm going to make small, achievable goals and actually complete a mini for once.

a Strength Feat: 2 days Shovelglove

a Speed Feat: 30 minutes intense shimmy and isolations practice, 2x

a Distance Feat: One time at the gym, some sort of cardio (as much to try out taking Weestockings to the drop-off childcare at the gym. Gulp.)

a Combat Feat: Prepare a curry, stew, chili, or other multi-meal dish. (Veg chopping = combat, right?)

and a Rangerly Outdoorsy Feat: take the baby on a short hike in the foothills. No time or distance, just get bundled, get him strapped on, and get outside.(ACHIEVED 1/3/18 - Went to the Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve instead. Didn't do the hill because of slippery ice and packed snow - a ranger must be bold, but discretion is the better part of valor when carrying a squishable 3 and a half month old baby. Weestockings loved the fresh air, and I got 20 minutes of careful walking around the marshes, watching the little birds that stay over winter. Looking forward to seeing the ducks and geese when they return in spring, and the whole reserve is green again. 

• Like 4

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, PrincessMononoke said:

Thank you Rinna! I like to think of myself as a Domestic Ranger. 

My Combat feat is chopping vegetables for a big dish to be eaten over many meals, so I'm right there with you.

• Like 3

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

Outdoor/Ranger Feat = Do something (anything!) outside despite the cold...  the longer the better LOL  Take a walk in the morning at least 3x this week (length to be determined by temperature).

fitbitshare_956464406.thumb.JPEG.9c6a12de47aed2ff7c823e539446f835.JPEG

Ranger Walk #1 done.  Wasn't in the morning but got it done.  Temp 21°F (-6.1°C) at start, 20°F (-6.6°C) at finish.

• Like 10

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, shaar said:

I sit in low squats all the time - it's great for mobility and opening up the hips, and it's helped my tight ankles a lot too!  It's one of my favorite resting positions between barbell squat sets. :) (And at home while I'm waiting for water to heat up in the microwave...)  I think my longest squat-sit time is right around 3 minutes now?  I should check on that sometime.........

I was so good at this when I loved in Japan and the . . . um . . . bathroom situation encouraged strong and flexible legs. Amazing how fast they tightened up again back in the States. 

• Like 7

Outdoor feat #1 done.  @Shadri and I took puppers on a 4.4 mile walk (1h 36m).

• Like 4

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

15 minutes ago, Tzippi Longstockings said:

I am in! I'm going to make small, achievable goals and actually complete a mini for once.

a Strength Feat: 2 days Shovelglove

a Speed Feat: 30 minutes intense shimmy and isolations practice, 2x

a Distance Feat: One time at the gym, some sort of cardio (as much to try out taking Weestockings to the drop-off childcare at the gym. Gulp.)

a Combat Feat: Prepare a curry, stew, chili, or other multi-meal dish. (Veg chopping = combat, right?)

and a Rangerly Outdoorsy Feat: take the baby on a short hike in the foothills. No time or distance, just get bundled, get him strapped on, and get outside.

Welcome back!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

Nice! The Scout Leader in me wants to ask if you can tie it one-handed? (If you're stuck somewhere and you need to hold on people can throw you a rope andyou an tie it with one hand around your waist so they can pull you up. Survival skills FTW!)

I can figure it out if I have something to lay it on, not so much hanging in the air.  I guess that means more practise this week!  And scouts have mad skills. :)  We only had brownies/girl guides here for girls and they had us do dumb things like string art.  No wilderness adventures at all.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

I can figure it out if I have something to lay it on, not so much hanging in the air.  I guess that means more practise this week!  And scouts have mad skills. [emoji4]  We only had brownies/girl guides here for girls and they had us do dumb things like string art.  No wilderness adventures at all.
*tucks away string art with innocent whistle*5e6a6a6f45a56b753ed43890114568ea.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

7 minutes ago, Aminarra said:

*tucks away string art with innocent whistle*

That is gorgeous! I meant more things like sitting in a school gym making this:

Image result for toddler art string

When the boys got to be outdoors doing this:

Image result for wild scouting adventure

• Like 6

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTriRCajNtbaLvrQ3ArX-siO4-HvkKosLZ2X1xYODLPIC-SzHh0

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOvOsLyuUQYlPydDpFoMhhTf6NBlnqxomHv-TYkaSPmeEZvATS
I'd chop off my hair and go incognito if necessary.. I'm so glad things are changing! Girls are allowed in scouts and transgender girls are allowed in girl scouts. Little by little progress is coming

• Like 4

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

10 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Image result for toddler art string

Image result for wild scouting adventure

I guess I was lucky in my Girl Scout leaders.  We did all the outdoor adventure things!!

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Outdoor/Ranger Feat = Do something (anything!) outside despite the cold...  the longer the better LOL  Take a walk in the morning at least 3x this week (length to be determined by temperature).

Ranger Walk #2 Complete

20:19 min, 1.19 miles, 17'50" pace.   Starting temp 24°F (-4.4°C), wind chill 16°F (-8.9°C).  Ending temp 26°F (-3.3°C), wind chill 19°F (-7.2°C).

No sign of the hype thief's trail...  no snow to track in and the ground is too frozen to hold tracks.

• Like 5

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |