Hunters Gonna Ranger: The Find-The-Bastard-Who-Stole-The-Hype Mini Challenge

Stribs reporting in from the coast!  Unfortunately nothing, not a trail or a thief, was found.  Some seagulls told me that they saw someone loitering by the pier, so that's where I went.

Ready to go trail hunting

beach1.thumb.jpg.6470abdc542bf04d258fe15b155986b6.jpg

My destination (thanks seagulls)

beach9.thumb.jpg.6ab422aa0fb58f2c618f927d8b7c5b94.jpg

Nothing to see here :( 

beach7.thumb.jpg.c07ab413fd21ca21a6c2a4afc9a265e7.jpg

Hope you guys have better luck!

• Like 14

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

On 1/1/2018 at 2:24 PM, iatetheyeti said:

Ranger/outdoor: Outdoor meditation, no matter the weather. Twice this week, each time in a different location.

Feat complete!

First outdoor meditation was Monday, taking place in a surprisingly busy little wooded area I'd been wanting to explore for a while. Second was today, in the midst of the pouring rain, sitting on a bench in the wilder side of my favourite park. Despite the clarity of mind it brought me, I couldn't find any sign of the thief or the trail they might have left in either location.

• Like 9

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Third of the way through my feat this week, but there's no sign of that damned thief yet. He or she is running. They know what'll happen when we get our hands on them!

homer-choking-bart.jpg

• Like 9

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

Second 'get out of the house' complete. About an hour walk through the streets. Didn't tire at all, but I need to go further for that to happen, and for me to go further I actually need to leave the city. And no way that is happening unless I get up at 7am or something and leave the house right away. Two more and we might have a trail. 

• Like 6

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Haven't taken down the tree yet, went out yesterday to investigate if I might be able to save it before cutting it down and digging it out.  No such luck the borer beetles have done to much damage to the tree.  I kicked the base of the tree to check the root depth and see if it is something I could pull it out without to much digging and several branches snapped off from the force.  Plan is to dig it out Friday or Saturday afternoon.

• Like 7

Rangerly Outdoorsy Feat: ACHIEVED!1/3/18 - Went to the Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve instead. Didn't do the hill because of slippery ice and packed snow - a ranger must be bold, but discretion is the better part of valor when carrying a squishable 3 and a half month old baby. Weestockings loved the fresh air, and I got 20 minutes of careful walking around the marshes, watching the little birds that stay over winter. Looking forward to seeing the ducks and geese when they return in spring, and the whole reserve is green again. 

• Like 8

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

8 hours ago, Stribs said:

Stribs reporting in from the coast!  Unfortunately nothing, not a trail or a thief, was found.  Some seagulls told me that they saw someone loitering by the pier, so that's where I went.

Ready to go trail hunting

beach1.thumb.jpg.6470abdc542bf04d258fe15b155986b6.jpg

My destination (thanks seagulls)

beach9.thumb.jpg.6ab422aa0fb58f2c618f927d8b7c5b94.jpg

Nothing to see here :( 

beach7.thumb.jpg.c07ab413fd21ca21a6c2a4afc9a265e7.jpg

Hope you guys have better luck!

Looks like not only didn't you see the thief, but you had the whole beach to yourself.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

5 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Looks like not only didn't you see the thief, but you had the whole beach to yourself.

Yup.  Its like a unicorn sighting.  There was one dude metal detecting and that was it.

• Like 3

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

I'd completed my superhero training for the day, and was relaxing at home. Took off my shoes, so I could stretch my feet. Suddenly, my villain alert detector watch beeped. The thief was nearby! Without taking the time to put on my shoes, I raced outside, hoping to catch the thief. I saw footprints in the dirt, but in the frozen ground, the rest of his trail disappeared, and I was not able to locate him. As I stood there in the cold, thinking of how hard the other Rangers were working to find him,  I swear I could feel that the hype was close by and soon would be returned to the land

Took out the compost in my barefeet and walked around. Set the timer at 5 minutes, by about 4 minutes, my feet were questioning my sanity. I just told them I was a Ranger, and cold didn't bother me anyway;) This mini is having a double purpose. In the winter I hate taking out the compost. It is always dark by the time I remember, and I just put it off. But it's the perfect task to do barefoot

• Like 8

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I've walked outside for each of the last three days ... yesterday I found some huge pawprints in my courtyard that seemed almost too big to be an earthly hound. Could the hype thief have some otherworldly help? A demon dogsled, perhaps?

• Like 5

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

Strength Feat - go to a yoga class

Speed Feat - ?

Distance Feat - extra cardio sesh

Combat Feet - go to an exercise class

Rangerly Outdoorsy Feat - go outside! Details dependent upon whether I'm in the city or at my parents'

Did my Outdoorsy Feat on New Years Day - I went snowshoeing with my dad and brother in the woods by my parents' place! The wind was a bit cold on my face, but the snowshowing kept me nice and warm.

• Like 6
On 1/3/2018 at 2:00 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

That is gorgeous! I meant more things like sitting in a school gym making this:

Image result for toddler art string

When the boys got to be outdoors doing this:

Image result for wild scouting adventure

14 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

I guess I was lucky in my Girl Scout leaders.  We did all the outdoor adventure things!!

I was a Girl Guide growing up before switching to Scouts. We did both craft and outdoor adventures. In Australia Scouting is a lot bigger so there are more opportunities to do cool things but I love both organisations :)

• Like 3

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Scout Leader @EmeraldEagle, I am happy to report I can now tie a bowline knot with one hand, in case I need the other hand to hold onto the thief when we find it.

• Like 7

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Scout Leader @EmeraldEagle, I am happy to report I can now tie a bowline knot with one hand, in case I need the other hand to hold onto the thief when we find it.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

My trip to the park got rescheduled.  By the time we could have made it, it would have been getting dark and we wouldn't have had time to walk at all.  Saturday we shall go!  I even decided where we are going - there's a wetland trail kinda near my house that I've been wanting to go explore for years and have never made it.  Well, we're going to go check it out before we leave!

I also finally did something for my regular challenge yesterday, so there's that, too. :)

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

I went hiking in the woods.  Temps still hovering around zero Fahrenheit, but at least there was no wind!!!

Tracks, tracks everywhere, but they were so muddled it was hard to read anything useful from them .... 

• Like 4

Some kind of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

So my outdoorsy feat needed a little rescheduling since I'm stuck at home today and will be working tomorrow!

I went outside in the snow last night AND This morning AND made a snow-cat in the backyard today.  Maybe he stole the hype??? >:[[[

Last night's snow footprints were completely gone this morning.  Something something coverup.  (Snow?  Hype thief?  You decide.........)

• Like 5

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

So here is a picture of the stone fruit tree that will be removed tomorrow. 

As you  can see sticks are falling off super easy.  All I did was kick the base and the impact caused them all to snap off. 

• Like 5

Trail hunt complete! I've searched the hills along the coast. While I was out there, I witnessed someone being rescued in the distance via helicopter. Could it be related to our thief??

6IhsYMhl.jpgzSSrAYwl.jpg

• Like 5

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

As usual, I forgot this was a thing......... And now I've remembered just in time for the extra deep freeze to move in.... I may have to redefine my outdoor feat, since my crampons are really made for ice and not snow, and it hasn't gotten warm enough yet for ice to form. They might be useful in packed snow, but I'm just going to make my feat get outside for non-work related reasons once (though I did spend about 30 mins in -40°C (with windchill) looking for an injured deer in the dark. It was work-related, so doesn't count, but I'm tempted to change that because it's COLD cold...) And going from the house to the car doesn't count...

tumblr_onfkvieu1p1v1u56ko6_400.gif

(Actual footage of me looking for the deer)

• Like 7

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, obax said:

As usual, I forgot this was a thing......... And now I've remembered just in time for the extra deep freeze to move in.... I may have to redefine my outdoor feat, since my crampons are really made for ice and not snow, and it hasn't gotten warm enough yet for ice to form. They might be useful in packed snow, but I'm just going to make my feat get outside for non-work related reasons once (though I did spend about 30 mins in -40°C (with windchill) looking for an injured deer in the dark. It was work-related, so doesn't count, but I'm tempted to change that because it's COLD cold...) And going from the house to the car doesn't count...

tumblr_onfkvieu1p1v1u56ko6_400.gif

(Actual footage of me looking for the deer)

Did you find it after all that?

And snowshoeing is always a fun option when you have deep snow. :) 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman