Hunters Gonna Ranger: The Find-The-Bastard-Who-Stole-The-Hype Mini Challenge

6 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Those timed sessions are not to be taken lightly!

I'm not actually doing the timed sessions. Too scary! :P

I'm just doing a high volume of regular lessons, trying to get everything I've done so far to gold status and adding a few new lessons on top of it over the course of the week. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

WOOT!  I did good!

sprintingmuscularathlete.jpg

Bear in Mind the goal was to Hold a Pace of 9minute mile ( 6.7 mpH ) for more than 2minutes...

the idea then was to build a interval program to warm me up to the feat and give me the chance to go as fast as I could.  I choose the YMCA- cuz' although I've already been there today, their elevated track is perfectly flat and relatively quiet during Lunch hour on a weekeday.

the program was to run

3laps to warm up

1lap fast (interval 1) and 2 slow....  Repeat! (interval 2)

2lap fast (interval 3) and 2 slow...  Repeat (interval 4)

.... My Feat!  a 3 lap done at top speed (interval 5).... 2 slow

1 lap fast (interval 6) and 2 slow to cool down

Every lap was tracked by my watch cuz athough it can do a crude job of estimating speeds , without GPS, I don't trust it

Intervals

------------------------------------------------------------------------

seconds distance mph   Pace
1 59.5 0.095238 5.762305   10:25
2 56.5 0.095238 6.068268   9:53
3 112.9 0.190476 6.073643   9:53
4 102.6 0.190476 6.683375   8:59
5 114.6 0.285714 8.975318   6:41
6 62.5 0.095238 5.485714   10:56

WOOT!  I didn't Just Beat the 10 MINUTE Barrior - I Beat the 10-9-8-7 minute Barrior.  (BTW; my clock insists I should be just about dead for my age, HR max was 190

Now I know What your going to say...

"You Said You were going to HOLD a 9MINUTE pace for 2 minutes... and NONE of the intervals were 2 minutes long

:(

I didn't think of that when I set it up. ?

... ok wise acres,  interval 4 and 5 were both entirely faster than 9minute/mile and for all of a combined 3:30  :applouse:

Feat accomplished!  

anyways when you put it all in my system its less spectacular.  cause it was intervals all the recovery laps Count (and slow me up) & for a run it was short, with no typography.  but it was a good Tabata-like exercise; if I correctly understand what kind of system Dr Tabata pioneered...

• Like 6

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

23 hours ago, TGP said:

Pics! from my outdoor trek near the Yeti...

First the Dutchmen Run Wilderness-... but don't pick on my pic skills; it was flippin cold when I took these pictures

r8gpjd.jpg

Now First I don't Expect anyone to BELIEVE me without Proof... I got proof right here!  Genuine Yeti Tracks Leaping into the pines

301lfno.jpg

The KEY to finding BigFeet seems to be BIg boulders- They LOVE that stuff!

2sb0e2x.jpg

THE next two pics are from my Adventure.   as I said;  I was mighty confused for a while but then I got on a road and finally oriented.  i mention a Natural Gas line with thick hemlock on both sides.  Voila!  you can still see some of my tracks.  THIS is where to hunt for Bigfoot IMHO

2rm1p9w.jpg

The NEXT Pic is taken during the WORST possible light and won't like that nice under a dull grey day.  Instead Picture- walking forever in the gloom of hemlock and the branches of the empty wood.  THEN i burst out into a huge band of snowcovered grass and a 360 vista from the rim of one hill to the rim of another.... About this the Gibbous Supermoon rises over the mists of a wintry coastal storm into a clearer patch of sky; and all the white covered snow Glows...

The Wide open Electric line-Beautiful in the right light!

Did I say that this is an arduous 3mile walk that I made Four times in a little more than a week?

Great efforts made grand vistas So much grander.  

vxddnr.jpg

THAT is Pennsylvania in the winter!  beautiful. brutal. and definitely "Big" enough for bigfoot too hide out in.

I guess though we're chasing giants now.

hmmm.  I'll wait longer: I want to race to them JUST as you guys are beating the Giant Juice out of him.

The Yeti could be in leagie with the Frost Giants,. I'd keep a watch for him again

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I had to beat up a massive pack of dunwannas (in league with the Frost Giants, they don't want us to get our Hype back either), but I got in my first speed feat.  0.2 MPH added to my run session on Tuesday.

• Like 4

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

2 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I had to beat up a massive pack of dunwannas (in league with the Frost Giants, they don't want us to get our Hype back either), but I got in my first speed feat.  0.2 MPH added to my run session on Tuesday.

Good job -those Dunwannas can be ferocious beasts

• Like 1

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Second impromtu intervals session of the week done! Since I want to go to BMF on saturday and make up for my missed class, instead of a steady run tonight, I did sprint intervals until I could feel myself slowing despite myself, then jogged recovery till I could breathe again. Did maybe 5 sprints. 

• Like 6

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

First bootcamp done!  Praying for baby DOMS tomorrow so I can continue stronglifts tomorrow and get my last HIIT class in on Friday.  Last Thursday was painful :P 

• Like 3

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Forgot I was working from home today and tomorrow. Those giants are throwing rocks at me, trying to make me trip! I out smarted them, though. Dodged the rocks by walking in place watching cartoons with my husband this evening to reach my goal. Tomorrow I shall take a different path to avoid the rocks entirely. 4 days down, 3 more to go.

Friday should be easy, since I'll be at my new office where the parking is far away from the building. Tomorrow and Saturday I'll have to really work to hit my goal. I got this, though.

• Like 6

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Well, got some intervals done on the treadmill at the gym today, although realized in the middle of them that I had not set it fast enough to really be high-intensity...  calling the feat done, although will try to repeat it with faster intervals next time.

1:30 at 4.0 mph, 0:30 at 4.5 mph x 3

1:30 at 4.0 mph, 0:30 at 5.0 mph x 2

• Like 3

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

1 hour ago, Jedediah The Wolf said:

Impressive! I've never liked jump roping lol, especially in CrossFit!

Spent many a school lunch break (pouse) jumping with the other girls. We had our own mini-competitions, both for short rope, that you hold yourself, and for long rope, held by two other girls, and then you have to come in from the side jumping in, singing a rhyme or song or some such thing. Loved it then. Like it now, but my boys think I'm daft :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Spent many a school lunch break (pouse) jumping with the other girls. We had our own mini-competitions, both for short rope, that you hold yourself, and for long rope, held by two other girls, and then you have to come in from the side jumping in, singing a rhyme or song or some such thing. Loved it then. Like it now, but my boys think I'm daft :D

I used to love long jumping. I don't really enjoy jump roping now. I should try some of the rhymes and make it a game:)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I liked jumping rope until I hit puberty. Now I need a really good sports bra before I'll consider it :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

I did my speed feat! I did AMRAP 2 mins jumping jacks. Spoiler: I ran out of steam before I ran out of time >_> But I got 80 jumping jacks in 2 minutes, so that's kinda nice. 2 minutes is a much longer time than I expected x_x but 'tis done!

• Like 5

Grey Jedi Ranger

Current Challenge: Jedi Becomes a Hero Vol. 2 - Jedi Gets Some Tutoring

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53

3 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

I liked jumping rope until I hit puberty. Now I need a really good sports bra before I'll consider it :P 

A good sports bra is priceless.   Under Armour has some really good high impact ones that are sized, and have a back clasp so you don't have to either not have it fit snug around your ribs or not be able to get it over your shoulders.  You need those girls secure if you are going to be battling giants.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

5 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

The one part of my body that never "grew up". I'm still waiting, but every time I loose weight, it comes off here first. I'm too scared to loose more weight :P So I'll just jump instead :)

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I've now maxed out 20 lessons I'd already done on duolingo. I've just got to do a few new ones and I'll be all set on the speed mini. Maybe I'll be able to speak Giant by the end of this. :P

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

11 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

The one part of my body that never "grew up". I'm still waiting, but every time I loose weight, it comes off here first. I'm too scared to loose more weight :P So I'll just jump instead :)

Having a small chest  has its' advatages- we don't haveto pay $$$ for a super supportive sports bras 

• Like 2

Elastigirl sits in the Guild Hall, sipping on lemon water, with a scowl on her face. The bartender asks if she'd like something stronger. Looking up at him she sighs, " No, I'm on plague protocol so it's just water and broth for me. What I want is to be out there with the other Rangers, searching for the Hype and getting those Frost Giants responsible for this mess.

The bartender looks at her and asks "Are you feeling up to it, remember he said, I can tell if people are telling the truth or not"

Elastigirl knows it's is no use pretending "I'm feeling better, but the effects of the plague are slowing me down" I just feel so helpless sitting in the guildhall while everybody else is searching"

" I think I know a way you can help" the bartender disappears for a moment and comes back carrying a book

Elastigirl takes the book, looking at the cover she spots the title Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman " How is reading this supposed to help? I need to be doing something. Not sitting in the guildhall reading"

Pointing at the book the bartender explains, "This is just a book, it's contains information about the frost giants. Reading it will give us vital information we need to take back our hype that they have stolen'

"Alright then, I'll research"

Translation:

I've been fighting the stomach plague so sprints are out. I have ,however spent time reading Norse Mythology and watching the Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix, so I am ready to fight the frost giants and return the Hype to its' home.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I love the Translation-

I think you captured it perfectly!

------

I think I just sit next to you and in an interested sort of way; ask you what you think the major weaknesses these beasts have?

cuz' surely... this will come to combat!

oh and barkeeper, I say, I'm not sure what I want, but it can't cloud my mind- me and my friend have to strategize

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

I'm calling my Speed feat done. Sprint intervals earlier in the week, and yesterday's BMF class involved more sprinting to and fro than normal. I DO however, need to create a more solid workout plan.

• Like 4

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27