Seabright's 2018 Battle Log of Awesomeness

Tues, April 17

Fail! Like, almost immediately! I do confess it, and do so loudly and spectacularly! I own it!

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - Veggie sandwich
  • Dinner - Green Thai curry frozen dinner.
  • Snacks - 2 cookies, early am and then late pm. Shot o' whiskey.

Daily exercise

• Yoga for 20 minutes. Trying to get my back working again.

Taking time

• Drove the long way home.

Bravery & Patience

• I went to visit Dad. All was well.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Too beat. (<- Excuse alert!!)

Act like a leader. 

• I didn't, but I felt it happening and recognized the non-leader-like behavior. This is going to take some practice.
  • Talked to my manager about the aspiration. He actually brought it up, asking what I saw my next career move to be with the company. 

Other stuff:

Run water to foxgloves, delphiniums, lupines and dianthus.

Sort shirts in closet. 

Finish path prep. In progress.

Finish The 4 Agreements. DONE! 

Read Just Listen. In progress. 

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Wed, April 18

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - chicken teriyaki bowl and an egg roll. 
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snacks - 2 small peanut butter cups, 2 small 3 musketeers (fun-sized). Also, 2 shots whiskey. Caved in to the stress. 

Daily exercise

• Warm up, BWW (logged in sheet), cool-down.
  • Worked on my form and brought back the lunges. WIN! Only did 3 each leg, but am feeling much better about these, now. I'm going to call this one leveled up.
  • Intentionally walked a mile. 

Taking time

• Nice walk around the neighborhood at lunchtime.

Bravery & Patience

• On deck: Visit the tax folks to resolve 2016 and any other stupid stupid issues.
  • Update: Tax stuff resolved, but was pretty stressful. Right in the middle of my appt, got a call from TL, with an emergency trouble report. Dad hit another resident. Oh my gawd. Calmed TL down, finished the tax appt, called the neurologist, went over to TL, calmed them down some more, strategized about what might be causing this stuff and what we might do about it. Deeply grateful that they are up for working with Dad, instead of just showing him the door. I think any other place would have kicked him out by now. Spent time with him, and he didn't remember a thing. Doubly challenging.
  • Bravely faced it all, but tears, chocolate, alcohol, and a sleepless night followed. 

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done! Played mando and sang with the spousal unit while he made dinner.

Act like a leader. 

• Really didn't. Fell asleep during a meeting. Luckily, it was a video call and my camera was turned off.  Oy. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Thur, April 19

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - Weird tofu sandwich.
  • Snacks - All good.
  • Dinner - Huge fail. 2 fish tacos with rice and beans, corn tortillas, and chips. And lots of salt.

Daily exercise

• Nothing intentional.

Taking time

• You know, I don't think I had one second to myself. 

Bravery & Patience

• On deck: Get through the day in one piece. 
  • Update: Done. I did cave and had a collossally non-paleo dinner, but not alcohol and no sugar, so it could have been worse.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Nope.

Act like a leader. 

• Nah.

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Fri - Sun, April 20-22

Eating paleo

• Crappy lunch on Friday.
  • All the rest of my meals were good!
  • Yay for me!

Daily exercise

• BWW on Friday (recorded in log)
  • Loooooooooong yoga session on Saturday.
  • Minimum yoging on Sunday. Just getting the ol' joints to move.

Taking time

• I did this, but very little of it was. you know, intentional.
  • Lots of sitting in the garden and reading.
  • Lots and LOTS of nap time with Emma Cat.

Bravery & Patience

• Took Dad to the audiologist on Friday. Spent time with him when I brought him back to Twin Lakes and answered questions he hasn't asked in months. (Why am I here? Why can't I move my left leg? How long will I be here? Will I be able to drive the van at some point?)
  • Had a GREAT conversation with the TL folks. They were actually kind to me for the first time, ever. ;-)
  • Feeling better about not being with Dad every day. The TL administrator actually said she'd like to see me drop the visits down to maybe 2 or 3 times a week.
  • Slept well.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• None. But I'm okay with that. In exchange, i didn't have any coffee on Sat and Sun.

Act like a leader. 

• Submitted names to put in the system for some peer feedback. Picked people that I knew might be a little negative. Hey, that's how we learn, right?

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Mon, April 23

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snacks - All good.

Daily exercise

• Quick warm-up, BWW tracked in sheet, gentle cool-down. 
  • Hey, turns out, I sort of like lunges. Now that I've reset my form, I'm digging 'em. Only 3 x 3 each leg at the moment, but feeling much better about these bad boys.

Taking time

• Took the longer way home. Looked at all the roses growing in people's front yards. Spring!

Bravery & Patience

• Get that one thing done. You know the one.
  • Update: Did it. Turned out to be pretty straightforward.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Nada

Act like a leader. 

• On deck: don't dwell on the inappropriate ask last Friday. Shrug it off and smile. All is well.
  • Update: the other party was a teeny bit weird, but I asked him a question, and then brought to his attention something that we were overlooking. Both of these were well-received, and I feel like I put the relationship back on track. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Tues, April 24

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snacks - All good.

Daily exercise

• Teeny tiny bit of yoga while waiting for the water to boil.
  • Like, that was, like, totally it. 

Taking time

• Walked out in the morning with the gray kitty. She chirped al around me. 

Bravery & Patience

• Went to see Dad. It went well, although he did tell me about the Merlin (hawk) that landed on his bird feeder this morning. ;-)

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• I LEARNED 'WHEEL HOSS'!!!!!!!!!
  • Wow wow wow! Thank you so much, random guy who put this lesson on YouTube!!

Act like a leader. 

• Refrained from complaining about how tired I was. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Wed, April 25

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snacks - All good.

Daily exercise

• Warm-up, BWW logged in sheet, cool-down.
  • Special note: I really really didn't want to do my BWW this morning. I stayed in bed about an hour too long, and my left foot and outer shin were hurting from the shoes I wore the day before. So. I told myself that I would just do a little warm up and then quit. And then I told myself that I would just do the push-ups and then quit. Next thing you know, I did the whole thing!
  • Was late to work, but it didn't really matter. I think maybe I stress too much about getting here by 8am. 

Taking time

• Filled the feeders and strolled around the cool misty backyard. The graykins observed me from the back porch.  

Bravery & Patience

• Got a distressing call during a meeting. Made the doc appt for Friday.
  • Held myself together, and got through the rest of the day with a smile. 
  • Mentally made some plans and thought about things to think about. It's probably time to look at the nitty gritty.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Snuck in a few minutes before heading out for a bass gig. 

Act like a leader. 

• Changed clothes before leaving when I realized there was a stain on my jacket. This is a small thing, but sort of a big deal for me.

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Thur, April 26

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - Coffee.
  • Lunch - Chicken strips.
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snacks - Berry Upbeat from Jamba Juice

Daily exercise

• About 20 minutes of yoga - twisting and turning. 

Taking time

• None. Nada. Not even one iota.

Bravery & Patience

• Huge accident on Hwy 17. Took a look a the traffic I was in, took my pulse, and then bailed at the summit. Turned around, came back down the mountain and worked from home.
  • Just matter-of-factly took it all in, made a decision, and acted. Stress-free! (<- where did that come from?)

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Worked on Wheel Hoss some more, trying to smooth it out.

Act like a leader. 

• Asked for personal feedback from the contractors. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Fri, April 27

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - Horrible. Full-on combo plate - 2 fish tacos, rice and beans, corn tortillas and chips, and a beer.

Note: Felt reeeeaaaaallllly horrible all night long and had trouble sleeping from a truly roiling stomach. Argh.

Daily exercise

• Longer warm-up, BWW logged in sheet, longish cool-down.
  • Feeling pretty proud of myself right now.

Taking time

• I think I stood in the yard for a few minutes.

Bravery & Patience

• On deck: Taking Dad to the doc this afternoon.
  • Update: I did it. I had the tough talk with the doc, while Dad waited with the spousal unit out in the waiting room. The doc was nice, and very straightforward. He also said that he thought Dad was very lucky to be in the hands of someone who so obviously loves him, and wants to do right by him, at all the phases. I'm tearing up a little right now thinking about it. The upshot is, I now have some info, and some perspective, and feel better equipped to make the tough calls that I know are coming. 

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!

Act like a leader. 

• Nothing really. Laid pretty low today, and didn't go out of my way to do anything leader-like. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Sat & Sun, April 28-19

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good both days.
  • Lunch - All good both days.
  • Dinner - All good both days.
  • Snacks - All good both days. 

Trying to make up for the hideousness that was last Friday.

Daily exercise

• Very little. Long drives on Sat, gig on Sun, followed by TV-watching and napping. 
  • Just sad.

Taking time

• Volunteered to go to the grocery store.
  • Took the long way through the yacht harbor over to Dad's.
  • Breathed deeply and consciously let go of my shoulders. 

Bravery & Patience

• Visited the maternal parental unit in skilled nursing in Oakland. Encouraged her to eat (just 12 more bites! you can do it! yes!). 
  • Had the tough talk with the sibling unit. Brought up the what-ifs, whys and wherefores. Encouraged him to do some reading. I think we're now on the same page. It all comes down to just doing it when the time comes. 
  • Feeling more like I've got back-up, and a partner in this. It's good to talk!

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done one day, not the other.

Act like a leader. 

• Didn't get mad.
  • Listened. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Mon, April 30

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Snacks - All good.
  • Dinner - Weird. Blueberry protein smoothie, a couple bites of baked chicken, a couple bites of some sort of tomato dish that was too hot. 

Daily exercise

• Good warm-up, BWW logged in sheet, short-ish cool down, focusing on hip openers.
  • Add 1 rep to everything! Woo hoo!
  • I'm up to 3x8 kneeling push-ups!
  • Yay!

Taking time

• Absolutely none. At all. I mean, like, not for one second.
  • Got up at 4:45am, did my BWW, took a shower, had breakfast, left the house at 6:30am, worked all day without a break, left the office at 4pm, battled traffic to get over to Dad's, stopped to pick up his prescription on the way, got there at 5:30pm, visited until his dinnertime at 6:00pm, drove to store to get some pre-cooked grub, got home, changed as fast as I could, took down a load of laundry, started the double-batch cook-up, got everything simmering by 7:30pm, got in the car and went back to the store for the broccoli that I forgot to get earlier, came back, squeezed in some mando picking until 8:15pm, went to the basement to get the laundry and hung it up, heated up my now-ice-cold dinner, sat down to eat at 8:25pm, watched 1/2 an episode of Orange is the New Black and played with the graykins, cleaned up the kitchen, put the cook-up into the 10 containers, labeled, put in freezer, brushed teeth, hit the hay around 10:00pm, woke up around 1am when the spousal unit got home from his gig, fell back asleep, woke up at 4:45am when the alarm went off, ready to do it all again.
  • And that was my Monday. :-)

Bravery & Patience

• On deck today: Cookup when I get home. The bravery part? Ask the spousal unit to help. ;-)
  • Update: Forgot the spousal unit had a gig. Did it all on my ownsome. 
  • But I got it done!! We're now set with 10 healthy meals in the freezer, ready to go!

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• On deck today: subscribe to the new lesson channel. List tunes I want to learn, make a schedule, and then mark calendar to unsubscribe.
  • Update: practiced Wheel Hoss and Lonesome Wind Blues. Tried to pick out a little baby break on LWB. I sing it in Bb, though, so, you know, it was hard.
  • Subscribed to that new mando lesson site. Excited!! As soon as I got access to the premium area, i saw lessons for all my bluegrass favorites. Shuckin' the Corn, here I come!!!
  • Now I just need to find some freakin' time. 

Act like a leader. 

• On deck today: Start writing peer feedback. 
  • Update: Wrote 2 of the easiest ones, for people that are awesome. Took my time, though, and tried to give meaningful feedback that would help them progress in their careers somehow. I'm very lucky in that I really love working with my team. Giving feedback is a pleasure, the only challenging part is finding stuff for people to work on for next time. 

Brainstorm 10 ideas:

10 ideas of how to get a few minutes of 'Taking time' in a busy day.

1. Hop into a focus room and breathe deeply for 5 minutes.
  2. Take a walk around the building.
  3. Get off the freeway at the bottom of the hill and take the back road to the summit.
  4. Get off the freeway at the summit and take the back road down to Hwy 1. 
  5. Fill the feeders with the gray kitty.
  6. Take a nap with Emma Cat.
  7. Go sit in the very back of the garden and breathe deeply for 5 minutes.
  8. Pull some weeds for a few minutes after work.
  9. Drive through the yacht harbor, and then down along the water to 41st and back, on the way to or from Dad's.
  10. Stop at the mall for a 15 minute massage in one of those magical massage chairs.

Celebrate a small forming-a-habit win:

• Flossed my teeth consistently for a week.

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Tues, May 1

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - Almost all good. Shot of whiskey.
  • Snacks - All good

Daily exercise

• Nice 15 min yoga session, working out some kinks.

Taking time

• Sat in the garden for a few minutes and breathed.

Bravery & Patience

• Told someone I was working 'at capacity' and couldn't help with his side project until late next week. Did this nicely and patiently---but firmly. Offered to lend a hand late next week, and showed a way forward until I was able to sink my teeth into things.
  • This was a big step forward me in learning how to protect my time at work and not get crazy-stressed out trying to meet other people's arbitrary deadlines. 

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!
  • Worked on Wheel Hoss and started learning Temperance Reel.

Act like a leader. 

• Took the time to put on a nice outfit today. Makeup and everything.
  • On deck today: more peer feedback.
  • Update: only had time for 1 review. 14 to go! Ack!

Brainstorm 10 ideas:

10 ideas of how to get a few minutes of 'Taking time' in a busy day.

1. Hop into a focus room and breathe deeply for 5 minutes.
  2. Take a walk around the building.
  3. Get off the freeway at the bottom of the hill and take the back road to the summit.
  4. Get off the freeway at the summit and take the back road down to Hwy 1. 
  5. Fill the feeders with the gray kitty.
  6. Take a nap with Emma Cat.
  7. Go sit in the very back of the garden and breathe deeply for 5 minutes.
  8. Pull some weeds for a few minutes after work.
  9. Drive through the yacht harbor, and then down along the water to 41st and back, on the way to or from Dad's.
  10. Stop at the mall for a 15 minute massage in one of those magical massage chairs.

• Flossed my teeth consistently for a week.

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Wed, May 2

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - Had a HUGE sugar cookie as a 'reward' for keeping it together at the eye appt this morning. I know a real reward would have been something positive and not self-destructive, but the cookie seemed like a good idea at the time. Also had 2 eggs scrambled, a side of bacon, and 2 cups coffee.
  • Lunch - all beef chili with broccoli.
  • Dinner - at the old folks home and a little odd. Deep-fried fish, homemade potato fries with salt, cole slaw, and a piece of chocolate cake (Dad's birthday). 
  • Snacks - 2 apples

Daily exercise

• Solid warm-up, BWW recorded in sheet, long cool-down.

Taking time

• Strolled through the garden with the little gray gnome at my side.

Bravery & Patience

• On deck: Dad's birthday today! Hoping sibling unit will show up for dinner at the old folks home.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Not done. Was having extremely weird ice-pick-like stabbing headache bursts in my right temple.

Act like a leader. 

• On deck: catch up with the little stuff, then make major inroads on the peer feedback list.

Brainstorm 10 ideas:

10 ideas to save $$

1. Stop ordering plants for the year. You're done.
  2. Stick to your budget.
  3. Before ordering clothes, have a clear idea of both how you'll wear it and when you'll wear it, keeping in mind that you're only in the office 3 or 4 days a week.
  4. Get the cheaper water.
  5. Skip the take-out lunches.
  6. Skip the take-out dinners.
  7. Skip the smoothies ($12.50!!), eat an apple instead.
  8. Eat broccoli instead of asparagus.
  9. Go to the library instead of buying books.
  10. Turn off your computer when not in use, instead of 'sleep mode'.

• Am consistent with my efforts to look a little nicer at work. So easy to just grab  whatever I left on the floor the night before. I've noticed that I always double-check in the mirror before I go, and have frequently done a quick change-up if the verdict comes back that I read 'sloppy' or 'overly casual'. 
  • Side note: I think I might have to up my game a bit and purchase blouses in patterns. I notice that when I see someone at work wearing a bright color or a print, it automatically reads more pulled-together. Shoes, too.

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Thur, May 3

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good, except for 1/3 of a chocolate chip cookie.
  • Dinner - Fail. Carnitas tacos w/rice and beans, beer.
  • Snacks - 2 apples, Berry Upbeat.

Daily exercise

• Nice simple yoga session for about 20 mins. 

Taking time

• Took the long way home - got off at the summit and drove the back way into town. Lovey afternoon.

Bravery & Patience

• Got it all done. All of it.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!

Act like a leader. 

• Was a good sport and played kickball with the team. Hilarity ensued.

Brainstorm 10 ideas:

10 ideas for quick walks

1. Building 1 to building 6 and back for lunch.
  2. Out to the Google stoplight and back.
  3. Around the block at home.
  4. Down to the water and back at home.
  5. Stop in Los Gatos and walk down University Ave for a bit.
  6. Walk to Frederick park and back.
  7. Walk to Ocean View park and back.
  8. Walk along West Cliff.
  9. Walk along cliffs by 41st street.
  10. Walk along bluffs at Wilder Ranch.

• Starting to feel a change in my outlook, now that I"m going to Dad's every other day. This is a big deal for me, as it's not easy for me to skip a day. I think I need to be proud of myself, and recognize that this new habit is going to be better for me overall.

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Fri, May 4

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - Crispy chicken sandwich.
  • Dinner - Warm spinach salad, flan, beer.

Daily exercise

• Warm-up, BWW, cool down, logged in sheet.
  • Up to 10 regular squats, now!

Taking time

• None so far. Might be tough this weekend. 

Bravery & Patience

• Went to the doc and looked into that ice-pick in the head head-ache thing that's happening.
  • Turns out it's stress-related.
  • Nerve pain.
  • Boo.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Nada

Act like a leader. 

• Day off.

Brainstorm 10 ideas:

10 ideas for stuff to do on our little overnight trip:

1. Drive up Hwy 1.
  2. Stop at the San Gregorio general store.
  3. Stop at one of the little beaches along the way.
  4. Walk in the Golden Gate park.
  5. Go to the California native meadow in the arboretum.
  6. Cruise the gift shop.
  7. Walk around the hotel neighborhood.
  8. Stop in a music shop and look at guitars.
  9. Sleep in.
  10. Drive back Hwy 1.

• Went to the doc when it seemed that something was wrong--right away. This was something that I told myself I was going to do from now on, and I did it. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Sat, May 5

Happy Wedding Anniversary!

All bets are off. :-)

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - Fail.
  • Lunch - Skipped.
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snack - Fail.

Daily exercise

• Walked about 5 miles through the Golden Gate Park Arboretum.

Taking time

• None.

Bravery & Patience

• Went with the flow.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!

Act like a leader. 

• Day off.

Human Adventurer

Sun, May 6

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - Clif bar. Pathetic.

Daily exercise

• Easy yoga session in front of the fireplace with the kitties.

Taking time

• Tons of garden time.

Bravery & Patience

• Was patient with myself as I finally (finally!) got the water on the plants. It meant moving some plants, trimming others, tying up a gigantic rose, and an extra trip back to the hardware store, but I powered through and didn't freak out.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• None.

Act like a leader. 

• Day off.

Brainstorm 10 ideas:

10 ideas for ways to reduce stress.

1. Quit coffee.
  2. Get the water on the plants.
  3. Finish the path.
  4. Do the chores as they come up...don't delay.
  5. Fix the rusty pipe.
  6. Get a new bathtub fixture that doesn't leak.
  7. See about either WFH or leaving by 3:30pm on Thursdays--at least on non-MM days (every other week). 
  8. Finish up the 'round the house projects by end of May, and then start riding bikes.
  9. Go horseback riding, at least one lesson. You think about it all the time.
  10. Figure out easy overnight camping scenarios. Cheaper than hotels, and you need to get away. These can be leave early on Sat, or leave late on Fri.

• I do regular updates in this log. Yay for me!

Other stuff:

Run water to foxgloves, delphiniums, lupines and dianthus. DONE! DONE, i tell you!

Sort shirts in closet. 

Human Adventurer

Mon, May 7

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - Embarrassing. This was going to be my let's-start-a-new-week-and-really-rock-it day, but instead I ate 1 bear claw and 1/2 of some weird sort of caramel cinnamon role thing. And too much coffee. Fail. 
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - Well, the food was 'all good', but the whiskey-drinking was most definitely not.

Daily exercise

• Light yoga for 20 mins.

Taking time

• Did the shirts in the closet! Threw in the skirts, dresses, and jackets while I was at it.
  • Next up: the pants drawer.

Bravery & Patience

• Lost it. Royally. 
  • Huge, major, lying-on-the-floor sobbing crying jag. Brought on by...oh, wait. Stress? Could that be it?
  • It all came crashing down at once. My little daddy. My poor little daddy.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!

Act like a leader. 

• Put names to faces. Made a point of remembering. 

Other stuff:

Sort shirts in closet. DONE!

Human Adventurer

So, a little visit. Just a few minutes to give him a smile, a hug and a kiss. Trim the fingernails, and just be.

And talk about the weather. Which brought up weather on other days, from the long ago. Weather from an after-school job in the begonia nursery in Carmel Valley long, long ago, and another day, with someone who was dear. And then that day became this day, and that someone-who-was-dear was someone he had just spoken to about an hour earlier. And that memory of that happy time, and that happy day, became today, and brought smiles and delight.

A moment of joy, pulled from the past into the present, on a lovely spring afternoon.

Human Adventurer

Tues, May 8

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - All good.

Why do I feel so crappy then? Too much coffee.

Daily exercise

• Quick warm-up, BWW, easy cool-down.

Taking time

• Strolled through the garden when I got home. Petted my little girl kitties.

Bravery & Patience

• None. Felt a little weepy all day.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!

Act like a leader. 

• Finished off all the peer evaluations after work. Took me until 8pm, but they're all done!

Other stuff:

Sort pants drawer. 

Human Adventurer

Wed, May 9

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  •  

Daily exercise

• None. So very very tired this morning.

Taking time

•  

Bravery & Patience

•  

Mando - 15 minutes a day

•  

Act like a leader. 

•  

Other stuff:

Sort pants drawer. 

Human Adventurer

Mon, May 14

Hanging by a thread. More later.

Human Adventurer

Here's some self-validation, so I can feel validated, you know, self-ly. Sunday night now and gearing up for tomorrow.

1. I can laugh at myself.
  2. I'm reliable.
  3. I'm creative.
  4. I make a great ranch breakfast.
  5. I know how to make a plan, and then execute on that plan.
  6. I'm a good gardener.
  7. I'm a good daughter, and good at taking care of my Dad.
  8. I do what's right.
  9. I eschew the dark side.
  10. I'm a good bluegrass musician.

Human Adventurer

Mon, May 21

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snacks - All good. I think. I ate something called 'fruit leather' made from flattened apricots. Probably concentrated sugar, but it seemed harmless. Hmmm. The very fact that I'm questioning it means I should probably stay away.

Daily exercise

• BWW Workout, logged in sheet.
  • LEVELED UP TO REAL PUSH-UPS!!!!! WOOoooooOOOOOoooo hoooOOOOOOOOooooo!
  • I did 2 in a row, 3 times.
  • Yay for me!

Taking time

• Took a walk around my new work building in the am. Pretty gardens and lovely water features! Saw a black phoebe swooping over the little pond, and a chickadee foraging in an oak.

Bravery & Patience

• Cleaned out my underwear drawer, KonMari style. Do I have a relationship with my socks? Sort of. 
  • It was AMAZING how much stuff was crammed in there! No wonder I couldn't open or close the drawer anymore. 
  • Tossed stuff that's been lurking unworn for 15 years. Ditched the chones that have never brought me joy. I'll either do laundry more frequently or replace with some that I actually like.
  • Persevered right through the folding-it-all-up-and-putting-it-back phase. Slowly and patiently. 
  • It all fit!
  • And I can now open my drawer!
  • STOKED!

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!
  • Nailed the first A part of Big Sandy River. Finally.

Act like a leader. 

• Upleveled my garb this morning. 

Other stuff:

• Try a new spice blend 3 times this week.

Human Adventurer

Tue, May 22

Eating paleo

• Breakfast - All good.
  • Lunch - All good.
  • Dinner - All good.
  • Snacks - All good.

Daily exercise

• Gentle movement to warm up.
  • Sun salutations - first time in weeks!
  • Only did one round, but it felt really good. Will work up to 3 rounds.

Taking time

• Stepped out in the cool dawn and walked the garden with the little graykins. She chirped and made her tail puff and pounced on little leaves, all to show me how happy she was. 

Bravery & Patience

• Attacked the pants drawer! Then followed it up with the miscellaneous-workout-and-bike-clothes-and-other-crap drawer!
  • Next up: shoes.

Mando - 15 minutes a day

• Done!
  • Learning the B part.

Act like a leader. 

• Forwarded along a report to senior management, and complimented my awesome design partners.

Other stuff:

• Try a new spice blend 3 times this week.
    • Mexican spices in my turkey burger.

Human Adventurer