• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

J3NN

J3nn Submits that MS

The breathing exercises you do are really interesting! It could be that deep breathing is highing your metabolism as it's tricking your body to think you are running?
I would love to find something that makes me warm, after losing some weight I am so cold sensitive that I want to eat and gain weight again.

What exercises do you do?

• Like 4

Sorry I went poof, I had faminly coming in. I am glad the checking in is helping, however if you figure out the focus part, can you let me know how so I can do it to. focus is something I have been struggling with lately as well.

As far as food prep, I will say we do most of ours on Sunday. We make the weekly breakfasts and lunches and some dinner prep, so there is less to do later in the week. Hopefully getting the new prescription helps, but I understand the whole not getting as much done at night as you want. Good luck finding a way to make this work a bit better for you.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 11:21 AM, Diadhuit said:

The breathing exercises you do are really interesting! It could be that deep breathing is highing your metabolism as it's tricking your body to think you are running?
I would love to find something that makes me warm, after losing some weight I am so cold sensitive that I want to eat and gain weight again.

What exercises do you do?

Abdominal Breathing Exercises and here's the video:  VIdeo.

I keep forgetting to do them this week so I haven't had the same benefits, but I do see that I was colder this week, so there may be some correlation. I'll have to be better about it this week and see if my warmth comes back.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2018 at 5:44 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Sorry I went poof, I had faminly coming in. I am glad the checking in is helping, however if you figure out the focus part, can you let me know how so I can do it to. focus is something I have been struggling with lately as well.

No worries at all. I apparently disappeared all week... Oops. I was so busy with cooking since I didn't meal prep last weekend that as soon as I sat down as I was toast.

No help with the focus yet, obviously, since I haven't even remembered to do all the things I'm supposed to be doing.

On 1/16/2018 at 5:44 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

As far as food prep, I will say we do most of ours on Sunday. We make the weekly breakfasts and lunches and some dinner prep, so there is less to do later in the week. Hopefully getting the new prescription helps, but I understand the whole not getting as much done at night as you want. Good luck finding a way to make this work a bit better for you.

I did that, and spent at least half of my weekend this weekend, so I'm curious to see what weeknights will be like this week. The recipes I have are still time consuming, so we'll see. I wish they didn't taste so good and weren't so good for us. :/ Where are the QUICK , tasty and good for us recipes?

Hope you're doing well!

• Like 2

Check-in.

To date Committed Reached
Elimination diet 20 33 61%
Lymphedema Exercises 3 18 17%
Abdominal breathing 19 32 59%
Personas 7 11 64%
Baby Steps 8 31 26%
Submit to WOTA 4 30 13%
Bonus      
List of Doom 0 0  
PO Learning 0 0  
Idea to Draft class 0 0  
Healthy, Not Boring 8 0  
Hand Lettering 1 0  
Habit tracker      
Sole doing    
Meds doing    
Steps/Amerithon 4,511 avg steps /day 
Forum 11 18 61%
Write 0

Not so good. 

I've been doing some soul searching. I'm thinking about what went wrong with planning this challenge and what's missing so that I can plan better next time.

My year end planning was focused on some very good things, but all of them are work...nothing was fun. It was supposed to be, but for where I am in the process, it's just work. My balance is all out of whack and this isn't working for me.

I found some exercises, and while they were mostly geared towards finding your passion in your career, I tweaked them some. I made a list of things I love doing

Spoiler

Like to do
Creating
Crochet
Draw
Explore
Gishing
Learn
Make jewelry
Make videos
Read
Research
Share conversation
Take pictures
Target practice
Walk
Watch tv and movies
Write (maybe for self care, maybe for fun)

And then I thought through each one of them and tried to think how I could make these measurable and how I could work them into levels.  I brainstormed all kinds of ideas, I sort of went overboard even, but it was fun.

Spoiler

Like to do how can I measure it
Creating
Number of pieces created
Crochet
Number of pieces crocheted
Draw
Number of zentangle tiles, number of hand lettered signs, compete in drawing challenge, compete in hand lettering challenge, compete in zentangle challenge (follow # on Instagram)
Explore
scavenger hunt; using all trails and counting number of trails visited, setting challenge to visit all the parks in the area, start geocaching again and set a challenge for that
Gishing
Participate in official gish events; participate in events with KRC
Learn
Take classes; find a certificate and work towards that; see what's available in MOOC; See what's available at low cost; finish the writing class
Make jewelry
for any gifts for women, make them jewelry; make jewelry for every holiday, make jewelry for every vacation; participate in online challenge on Craftster
Make videos
Make videos for anything new that we do; make videos for every bike race; make videos for every recipe I make
Read
Read x books; read books off a specific list; read x chapters; read x number short stories; listen to x podcast stories; read every book by x author
Research
x projects based on research (ask Vibrantella)
Share conversation
Keep meeting with MMG; penpal with Dagger; connect with JS
Take pictures
participate in photography challenge; take photos of every recipe made; take photos on trips; start photo blog (free)
Target practice
learn to wink with left eye; find challenges to complete (https://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/rifles/shooting-tips/2013/08/gun-nut-shooting-challenge#page-3)
Walk
Download the zombie app, try Walkr, use the podcast;
Watch tv and movies
Use this as rewardsl or take it to another level by becoming fangirl; writing analysis posts; would get me writing and would help me with my writing
Write (maybe for self care, maybe for fun)
in addition to all the other things; commit to journaling in write your words; find another anthology and write for it; write guest posts; write fb posts for healthy not boring facebook group

So, now, I'm trying to think about what's important (balancing what I need to do and what I want to do), what's not as important (having a perfectly clean house, growing up to be like Steve and Staci) and planning out my next challenge. I know I need to be healthy, but I've realized walking is my gig, so I want to focus on that and see how I can level that up and see what it does for me. I'm not going to force myself to do workouts I do only because they're good for me. At some point I hope I'll find a better balance here and get some weight training in because I know that's good for me. But what's better is only walking as opposed to not doing any of them. 

I also kept thinking I had to have "something more" whether it was my blog, which was stopped by school and getting my degree, and then restarting my blog and then switching to writing fiction and now struggling with editing fiction. My job used to make me unhappy but in the last three months things have changed and I'm feeling like I'm getting to do what I'm good at it and I'm really enjoying my day job. So I don't find that some craving for something more, but I do miss something fun. So that's why I made the list and I'm starting to work on those things. The one that intrigues me the most is to participate in online challenge on Craftster. It's been many years since I've done this, and I did this twice in the past, one was a Supernatural themed swap and another was an earring swap. I loved those and I think that's what I really want to do the most right now.

So, I'm in a better place. I still want to finish the manuscript so I can say I finished it, but it's not good enough to submit. That's okay though. I may also write another story, but if I do, I'll do it in a different way that won't torture me with the editing at the end.

I'll finish out this challenge, but with a changed focus on the diet, the walking and the work goal.

• Like 2

*Hugs* I think you have a great plan going forward. Sometimes challenges don't work out and I think its good to be able to admit to yourself what isn't working. Yes working out is good for you, but if its not working and just a source of stress, then its not worth it.

Work on what you can do and go from there. Start looking ahead to next challenge and find that "fun" goal. When I was in college the first time, the best advice I got since I was going to be taking 16 hours a semester was to make sure I found 1 fun class a semester to take. Not just a "major" class but a class that would be fun to do and that I would enjoy the class and not go "Ugh, more class" Maybe your challenge needs the same thing. give yourself one fun goal per challenge and see if it makes the challenges more engaging and less like, well work.

Does that make sense?

And as for meal prep, that can be a pain. We spent most of last night doing all the meal prep since we lost most of the weekend and while we got a ton done (2 dozen muffins, triple batch of pancakes, my traveler noodles, fake Pho for dinner tonight, ect). the kitchen kinda got destroyed since we couldn't clean as we go. Hopefully all the prep work helps this week.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

*Hugs* I think you have a great plan going forward. Sometimes challenges don't work out and I think its good to be able to admit to yourself what isn't working. Yes working out is good for you, but if its not working and just a source of stress, then its not worth it.

Hugs back and thank you. There was a time when I enjoyed, I'm sure I'll get back to it once my diet stuff balances out.

Does that make sense?

Absolutely. It's one of those things that you know but you can't convince yourself to do. I'm just at that place right now.

So good news, bad news... Yes, today was easier with the prepping. Bad news is I reintroduce nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, potatoes) and I'm having a reaction, so I'm not happy about that. I also ate a ton of sunflower seeds today and it could be that. So we'll have to see.

Another good news, I found a crafting challenge. I'm learning how it works but it looks like something fun I can work on, and the best part, all the projects are supposed to be 30 min to 2 hours so they're totally doable. I'm excited to learn more. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

Hugs back and thank you. There was a time when I enjoyed, I'm sure I'll get back to it once my diet stuff balances out.

The other thing to remember is that right now, you can't cook what you want. You can only cook certain things which can take the joy out too. But your looking for answers so hopefully you will get the answers your looking for and then get back to what you enjoy as well without whatever is making you not feel well.

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

So good news, bad news... Yes, today was easier with the prepping. Bad news is I reintroduce nightshades (tomatoes, peppers, potatoes) and I'm having a reaction, so I'm not happy about that. I also ate a ton of sunflower seeds today and it could be that. So we'll have to see.

So I have a sister that is like seriously allergic to tomatoes. She developed it recently and it has gotten to needing anti-histamine levels. The one thing she has found is she can eat them if they are cooked, but not raw. Maybe that will make a difference for you. Good luck figuring out which one of the foods it was.

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

Another good news, I found a crafting challenge. I'm learning how it works but it looks like something fun I can work on, and the best part, all the projects are supposed to be 30 min to 2 hours so they're totally doable. I'm excited to learn more. :)

This is great. I hope it works out for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, J3NN said:

I found a crafting challenge. I'm learning how it works but it looks like something fun I can work on, and the best part, all the projects are supposed to be 30 min to 2 hours so they're totally doable.

Wooooo crafting! Mind if I ask what it is?

• Like 1

Elimination Diet Day 27 update
It acted like a Monday today. Monthly cycle lining up with cooking days are bad things. I appear to have a two week cycle where I'm okay with cooking and then I DESPERATELY need a break. Again, I powered through. I actually learned something in one attempted shortcut though. Sprouts carries a rice noodle pad thai which I used in dinner instead of cooking the spaghetti squash that the recipe called for. I just couldn't wait an hour for that. I guess the good news is that having no strong reactions to anything means I'm ahead of the schedule so we've crossed the half way point for reintroducing the trouble/most missed items, and we've reintroduce 5 of 22.

Cons of this:
  1. Still the meal prep... this weekend wasn't even as bad because I'm starting to be able to reintroduce recipes we made regularly before, turns out we ate pretty healthy.
  2. This week I really wanted a beer.
  3. Still not feeling much different, and no difference in swelling.
  4. I had a nightmare that I ate a cookie and ruined everything.
  5. Not having any convenience foods.
  6. Not being able to run to a drive-thru and pick up dinner on a bad night or exhausting day.
Pros of this:
  1. In general, it seems to be saving us money.
  2. Also, it would make my cabinets much cleaner if I had gotten rid of all the taboo items before we started (but I didn't)  Using limited variety makes it much easier to store and find what you need.
  3. I've lost 13.2 pounds. I have pruny wrinkles on my fingertips and feet from the weight loss.
  4. Teff flour let us have pancakes this weekend and they were good
  5. Banana muffins later this week
  6. Rice and Bean chips (gluten free, no gmo products, vegan) will be good for super bowl snacks
  7. Getting sesame back and making hummus.
  8. As bad as all the meal prep is, I have breakfast and lunch made for two of us for every day this week. Dinners look easier this week, we'll see.
Everything else (yellow is what I boiled priorities down to):
Elimination diet 27 33 82%
Abdominal breathing 26 32 81%
Personas 11 11 100%
Baby Steps 8 31 26%
Submit to WOTA 4 30 13%
Bonus      
List of Doom 4 0  
PO Learning 0 0  
Idea to Draft class 0 0  
Healthy, Not Boring 9 0  
Hand Lettering 1 0  
Habit tracker      
Sole 33 0  
Meds 34 0  
Steps/Amerithon 4,256
Avg Steps
goal: avg 4500
Forum 14 18 78%
Write 0.00% 0.00%  

One week left, let us do this!

• Like 3

Elimination Diet Day 27 update It acted like a Monday today. Monthly cycle lining up with cooking days are bad things. I appear to have a two week cycle where I'm okay with cooking and then I DESPERATELY need a break. Again, I powered through. I actually learned something in one attempted shortcut though. Sprouts carries a rice noodle pad thai which I used in dinner instead of cooking the spaghetti squash that the recipe called for. I just couldn't wait an hour for that. I guess the good news is that having no strong reactions to anything means I'm ahead of the schedule so we've crossed the half way point for reintroducing the trouble/most missed items, and we've reintroduce 5 of 22.   Cons of this:
  1. Still the meal prep... this weekend wasn't even as bad because I'm starting to be able to reintroduce recipes we made regularly before, turns out we ate pretty healthy.
  6. Not being able to run to a drive-thru and pick up dinner on a bad night or exhausting day.
Pros of this:
  2. Also, it would make my cabinets much cleaner if I had gotten rid of all the taboo items before we started (but I didn't)  Using limited variety makes it much easier to store and find what you need.
  3. I've lost 13.2 pounds. I have pruny wrinkles on my fingertips and feet from the weight loss.
  6. Rice and Bean chips (gluten free, no gmo products, vegan) will be good for super bowl snacks
  8. As bad as all the meal prep is, I have breakfast and lunch made for two of us for every day this week. Dinners look easier this week, we'll see.
Personas 11 11 100%
Baby Steps 8 31 26%
Submit to WOTA 4 30 13%
Bonus      
List of Doom 4 0  
PO Learning 0 0  
Idea to Draft class 0 0  
Healthy, Not Boring 9 0  
Hand Lettering 1 0  
Habit tracker      
Sole 33 0  
Meds 34 0  
Steps/Amerithon 4,256 Avg Steps goal: avg 4500
Forum 14 18 78%
Write 0.00% 0.00%  

I don’t know if they would work for your elimination diet, but when I was on one, Applegate Farms hotdogs (I usually eat the turkey dogs out of taste preference, but the beef aren’t bad), were my go to “oh crap I don’t feel like cooking and don’t have anything premade left” go to food, with some microwaved frozen veggies on the side. I know they sell them at target and Wegmans, probably most places, and though they are like $5 for a 6 pack of hot dogs, they saved my but a few times. Also, my daughter thoroughly enjoyed them and I felt pretty good feeding them to her because there was almost none of the sugary, processed crummy stuff in regular hotdogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I don’t know if they would work for your elimination diet, but when I was on one, Applegate Farms hotdogs (I usually eat the turkey dogs out of taste preference, but the beef aren’t bad), were my go to “oh crap I don’t feel like cooking and don’t have anything premade left” go to food, with some microwaved frozen veggies on the side. I know they sell them at target and Wegmans, probably most places, and though they are like $5 for a 6 pack of hot dogs, they saved my but a few times. Also, my daughter thoroughly enjoyed them and I felt pretty good feeding them to her because there was almost none of the sugary, processed crummy stuff in regular hotdogs.

I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 10:03 PM, J3NN said:
Elimination Diet Day 27 update
It acted like a Monday today. Monthly cycle lining up with cooking days are bad things. I appear to have a two week cycle where I'm okay with cooking and then I DESPERATELY need a break. Again, I powered through. I actually learned something in one attempted shortcut though. Sprouts carries a rice noodle pad thai which I used in dinner instead of cooking the spaghetti squash that the recipe called for. I just couldn't wait an hour for that. I guess the good news is that having no strong reactions to anything means I'm ahead of the schedule so we've crossed the half way point for reintroducing the trouble/most missed items, and we've reintroduce 5 of 22.

Cons of this:
Pros of this:
Personas 11 11 100%
Baby Steps 8 31 26%
Submit to WOTA 4 30 13%
Bonus      
List of Doom 4 0  
PO Learning 0 0  
Idea to Draft class 0 0  
Healthy, Not Boring 9 0  
Hand Lettering 1 0  
Habit tracker      
Sole 33 0  
Meds 34 0  
Steps/Amerithon 4,256
Avg Steps
goal: avg 4500
Forum 14 18 78%
Write 0.00% 0.00%  

J3NN

It looks like your doing okay. I can see how the elimination diet thing could be a huge headache, but it sounds like your doing great considering all of it. Hopefully the week goes well for you. Keep on walking, your so close for your step goal.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 9:26 PM, Hypotheticalfox said:

I don’t know if they would work for your elimination diet, but when I was on one, Applegate Farms hotdogs

Thank you for sharing this, I checked them out and found where they sell them locally, it seems the selection is limited, but knowing these exist and knowing that a company cares to make a product like this gives me hope!

:)

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing this, I checked them out and found where they sell them locally, it seems the selection is limited, but knowing these exist and knowing that a company cares to make a product like this gives me hope!

No problem.

I’m not sure where you live, but if you’re near a Wegman’s there were a few different things that worked during my elimination diet for quick dinners/meals. Their organic sausages (not regular unfortunately) are easy to grill or pan fry quickly and serve with sides. I think their chicken apple sausages and chicken mushroom sausages were the ones with no dairy or anything, they were even sweetened with apple juice so there was no processed or added unnatural sugar.

Their organic deli turkey is just turkey and water, no dextrose/sugar, soy, etc. For a quick lunch or snack I’d take some deli turkey and mustard, roll it around a pickle or two, and have some veggies, fruits, nuts etc on the side.

There’s a lot of prep work to be sure. Your doing great though!

• Like 2

J3NN

It looks like your doing okay. I can see how the elimination diet thing could be a huge headache, but it sounds like your doing great considering all of it. Hopefully the week goes well for you. Keep on walking, your so close for your step goal.

I just did the math, I need 6300 steps each day for the next four days to make it. That's doable, challenging, but doable. Thanks for the encouragement to push me to get it!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

I just did the math, I need 6300 steps each day for the next four days to make it. That's doable, challenging, but doable. Thanks for the encouragement to push me to get it!

I think you can totally get that step count in. It maybe hard, but I know you can do it. And walking laps of the house at night when its too cold to walk is a completely okay. I do it sometimes.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 4:45 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

I think you can totally get that step count in. It maybe hard, but I know you can do it. And walking laps of the house at night when its too cold to walk is a completely okay. I do it sometimes.

I'm doing good, I'm so close! It's also inspiring me to move my goal for next challenge higher. I was thinking 5000 steps, but now I'm thinking 5500. I found a podcast called the Bright Sessions and I'm listening to it while I walk. That helps!

Walking laps inside because it's too hot is more like it... it was 90 today... Climate change makes me sad.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

I'm doing good, I'm so close! It's also inspiring me to move my goal for next challenge higher. I was thinking 5000 steps, but now I'm thinking 5500. I found a podcast called the Bright Sessions and I'm listening to it while I walk. That helps!

To be honest, I have been tracking steps for years and moving it by 500 to 1000 steps a time is helpful. So keep working on it. I started years ago at like 4000 and well, you have seen my step goals now.

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

Walking laps inside because it's too hot is more like it... it was 90 today... Climate change makes me sad.

Honestly,  I am seriously tempted to switch you. we are at 6 above this am with -9 after wind chill.  but yes, cimate change is sad.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2018 at 7:44 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Honestly,  I am seriously tempted to switch you. we are at 6 above this am with -9 after wind chill.  but yes, cimate change is sad.

It'd switch too. I do way better with the heat than the cold.

And yeah. Sometimes I can't tell what season it's supposed to be anymore. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Final update

Elimination diet 33 33 100%
Abdominal breathing 32 32 100%
Personas 11 11 100%
Baby Steps 8 31 26%
Submit to WOTA 12 31 39%
Bonus      
List of Doom 4 0  
PO Learning 0 0  
Idea to Draft class 0 0  
Healthy, Not Boring 9 0  
Hand Lettering 1 0  
Habit tracker      
Sole 39 0  
Meds 40 0  
Steps/Amerithon 4,503
Avg Steps (goal 4500)

Forum 15 18 83.33%
Write 0.00% 0.00%  

Once I simplified my challenge, it looks pretty good. I don't feel bad about skipping the things I crossed off, no guilt, so I know I did the right thing.

For the first time I made my step goal. To do so, I actually had to crank up my averages steps/day, this week my average was 5891. That makes me believe I can step up my goal. I was considering going to 5500 instead of 5000 but I'm experiencing quite a bit of foot and calf pain so I want to ease it up. I'm going to set the new goal at 5250 instead.

I did much better meal planning this week and had no food prep this weekend, so that helps too. I plan to make that a new goal in with the diet goals.

All in all, not what I expected, but progress nonetheless. 

Summaries:

Elimination Diet: seem to be sensitive to beef, pork, sesame, but only very mildly. I am going to test a probiotic and see if that is the real problem and retest those three while on the probiotic to see if I have continued reactions. I've lost 11 pounds. I had lost more, but this week I gained weight for some reason. 

Abdominal breathing: I find myself doing this now. Not 3-4 times a day, but at least once a day. I'm not seeing any physical benefit. But I am seeing a mental benefit. It helps me focus. So I'll keep doing this. But I think I won't track it anymore.

Personas:

Definitely accomplished that work goal and feel very good about it. As does the rest of the work group so that's a nice bonus. Looking forward to the road map next.

Steps:

I made it, but I had to work hard this last week to do so. Lesson learned, start early and meet your goal as close as possible as often as possible so you don't have to dig yourself out of the hole. Nicer weather and lighter evenings are helping, as is the podcast. So this is good. I'm going to notch it up next time. I see my trend was pretty bad, so my goal next time will be to break it down by the week too so I keep on track.

Week Avg Steps
1 4031
2 4567
3 3880
4 4107
5 4408
6 5891

Forum:

83% it's better, but I still don't feel as connected as I used to. I think I need to tweak this goal to connect with other people in addition to my own status updates. I've found this hard with all the cooking, so I'll make it an easy goal. Maybe just pick one or two people to really try to connect with. Or do the mini challenge and my own... Something. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Mansucript/Submit to WOTA:

It looks bad at only 39%, but I feel like I had a breakthrough and made really good progress, so I am going to count this as a win, even though I haven't submitted it for critique yet.

Lastly, I did some soul searching and realized I need to add in that fun element, so my next challenge will have a balance element to add in some fun things at least once a week. I will have a list of things that count and track to see which ones I really do so that I can find out what I make time for and what works best for me.

Onward and upward my friends!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, J3NN said:

For the first time I made my step goal. To do so, I actually had to crank up my averages steps/day, this week my average was 5891. That makes me believe I can step up my goal. I was considering going to 5500 instead of 5000 but I'm experiencing quite a bit of foot and calf pain so I want to ease it up. I'm going to set the new goal at 5250 instead.

I would make one suggest and instead of going to 5250, I would say since you admit that you had to crack up your goal, going to 4750 or 5000 would be a better idea, especially early in the challege. A) you don't want to hurt yourself, and b ) you want to make it attainable so you are not getting discouraged early. This way its an easier transition and you can really give yourself a boost that you do have this and that you can do it.  Does that make sense.

16 hours ago, J3NN said:

Summaries:

Elimination Diet: seem to be sensitive to beef, pork, sesame, but only very mildly. I am going to test a probiotic and see if that is the real problem and retest those three while on the probiotic to see if I have continued reactions. I've lost 11 pounds. I had lost more, but this week I gained weight for some reason. 

Oh yes, the hidden issue with sesame. I have tree nuts, peanuts, sesame and ginger. Sadly, sesame is not on any allergen labels. Good luck with the continued testing.

16 hours ago, J3NN said:

Abdominal breathing: I find myself doing this now. Not 3-4 times a day, but at least once a day. I'm not seeing any physical benefit. But I am seeing a mental benefit. It helps me focus. So I'll keep doing this. But I think I won't track it anymore.

Sometimes, its just as matter of getting one benefit and then the others sneak in when your not looking. Great job

16 hours ago, J3NN said:

Personas:

Steps:

I made it, but I had to work hard this last week to do so. Lesson learned, start early and meet your goal as close as possible as often as possible so you don't have to dig yourself out of the hole. Nicer weather and lighter evenings are helping, as is the podcast. So this is good. I'm going to notch it up next time. I see my trend was pretty bad, so my goal next time will be to break it down by the week too so I keep on track.

Week Avg Steps
1 4031
2 4567
3 3880
4 4107
5 4408
6 5891

I say keep up what your doing, and keep trying to go farther. And the weather getting better be really helpful here.

16 hours ago, J3NN said:

Forum:

83% it's better, but I still don't feel as connected as I used to. I think I need to tweak this goal to connect with other people in addition to my own status updates. I've found this hard with all the cooking, so I'll make it an easy goal. Maybe just pick one or two people to really try to connect with. Or do the mini challenge and my own... Something. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I would say, just pick a couple to really try and stay on top of. While we all enjoy you here, don't make it another "chore" to come visit. Come and spend time and enjoy it, maybe make sure you have a couple of people you are really trying to be connected to, and then see where it leads. Some challenges I am all over, some pull back and regroup a bit. Does that make sense?

16 hours ago, J3NN said:

Lastly, I did some soul searching and realized I need to add in that fun element, so my next challenge will have a balance element to add in some fun things at least once a week. I will have a list of things that count and track to see which ones I really do so that I can find out what I make time for and what works best for me.

This sounds like a great idea. I may steal it for a later challenge

• Like 2