Maigs Does the Unthinkable

Maigs

On 1/10/2018 at 2:20 PM, Maigahane said:

I have a theory of what part of my problem is. I'm effing bored at work but have no motivation to find something to do. Right now the "minimum I need to do to get by" takes up maybe 5 hours a week. I have enough in my backlog of projects I want to do that would seriously improve processes that it could easily fill up the rest of my hours for a long time. But idunwanna :( So I sit at my desk, bored and unmotivated which puts me in a bad state of mind by the time I get home. I almost ordered pizza last night because of it (even asked Hubs if he was okay with it) then forced myself to actually cook.

So I need to start making myself work on these projects again. I typically enjoy doing this stuff once I get going and I think it will help my overall state of mind. Plus it will make it easier to leave when I'm ready to semi-retire in a few years because things will be running so smoothly they won't need me

I'm more convinced that ever that you are me from the Mirror Universe (but not evil). This is exactly the position I'm in at work too. I've got a stack of procedure docs I need to update and could be doing right now - I literally have one in front of me as we speak - but I'm procrastinating like crazy. If I get these docs done, it will (hopefully) stop people asking me dumbass questions on how to do things. Once I get started on a doc, I get on a roll and it gets done in no time, but I've just got no drive to start it.

Maybe we should start a little work project PvP!

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

46 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Lol, my first thought was we could totally do this and rewards ourselves with peanutbutter cups :P But with my current "no sweets" goal that doesn't work as well

Maybe I can get a peanut butter cup when you finish a project? Oh wait, that doesn't work with my goals either!

After writing my post, I threw in some headphones and re-wrote an email template that's been annoying me for a while. It's not one of the big docs I need to do, but it's a start. Can I have a peanut butter cup now? :D

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

6 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Maybe I can get a peanut butter cup when you finish a project? Oh wait, that doesn't work with my goals either!

After writing my post, I threw in some headphones and re-wrote an email template that's been annoying me for a while. It's not one of the big docs I need to do, but it's a start. Can I have a peanut butter cup now? :D

Hehe. Maybe we both have to finish a project before we can get peanut butter cups

You can have a mini-peanut butter cup since it was a small thing :P

• Haha 1

Current Challenge:  Maigs Does a Montage

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

All I know is if I ever have a son no way is Kevin gonna be the name.

I don't know how to feel about all this anti-Kevin business... My husband's name is Kevin... LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Y'all remind me of one of my son's favorite books.  It's a Clifford the Dog book.  In the book, Clifford's owner leaves out several large boxes of dog treats, and then goes out for the day.  Clifford's two dog-friends come over.  Clifford shows them the trick he was doing to get treats, and one of them likes it so much, she throws him a treat.  Then the other friend says, "Nice throw!  You should get a treat!"  Then he gets a treat for being such a thoughtful friend.  You can see where this is headed.  In no time, they've made themselves sick eating all of the treats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

16 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Y'all remind me of one of my son's favorite books.  It's a Clifford the Dog book.  In the book, Clifford's owner leaves out several large boxes of dog treats, and then goes out for the day.  Clifford's two dog-friends come over.  Clifford shows them the trick he was doing to get treats, and one of them likes it so much, she throws him a treat.  Then the other friend says, "Nice throw!  You should get a treat!"  Then he gets a treat for being such a thoughtful friend.  You can see where this is headed.  In no time, they've made themselves sick eating all of the treats.

I think the author was spying on my one day, this sounds familiar :P

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

*Throws Cheetah a treat*

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Week 1 - Thursday

A pretty decent day. I ate according to plan and got my daily dare in. I had packed a bag to hit the gym and get some running in after work but I wimped out. Temps dropped rapidly and so yesterday was cold with an even colder windchill and walking back to my car after work (a 3 block walk) all I wanted to do was get home and stay there. I really need to get back to going to the gym regularly. I haven't been in almost a month now which is not how I want to be.

Dinner was a crockpot experiment which was okay but not something I'm likely to make again. I'm not going to calculate the calories but it's probably pretty low since it mostly consisted of yellow split peas, carrots, tomatoes, and broth. I had two bowls but was still craving....something. Not something sweet, but something. I looked through the cabinets repeatedly but didn't find anything that seemed to fit the craving so I didn't eat anything. Then later Hubs and I were playing card games and he got out the last sleeve of Thin Mints from last year. I kinda wanted one but didn't want to go against my "no sweets" goal so I held off. Hubs offered me half of the very last cookie so I couldn't give in to the addiction and eat more :)

I'm reading a book called "The Skeptical Vegan" which is a book about a guy who went from eating tons of meat to vegan overnight on a dare. It's really funny, he pokes fun of himself a lot, both in how much meat he used to eat, and now with the vegan stereotypes. Anyway, I was reading it before gaming so of course I checked the ingredients on Thin Mints....and they're vegan! Apparently they changed the recipe in 2015 and removed the whey. This warmed my girl -scout-turned-hippy heart :D

Breakfast - PB&J Oatmeal; Lunch - leftover chili, apple; Dinner - Tomato Dal, snack - 1/2 a thin mint; Total Calories - good question, 770cals before dinner so probably well within my goal

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maigahane said:

Anyway, I was reading it before gaming so of course I checked the ingredients on Thin Mints....and they're vegan! Apparently they changed the recipe in 2015 and removed the whey. This warmed my girl -scout-turned-hippy heart :D

Yay to happy little accidents :P 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On 1/12/2018 at 9:36 AM, Maigahane said:

Hubs offered me half of the very last cookie so I couldn't give in to the addiction and eat more :)

What a great guy.  My husband will do things like that too.  I ask him to "save me from myself" occasionally, ha.

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Week TWO (not one.....oops) - Friday

Just realized I kept calling it Week One. I think I just mentally wrote off Week One since I was out of state for most of it.

I narrowly avoided going to prison for the murder of Kevin, instead I resorted to rage eating. Does anyone else rage eat? I've never heard of anyone else doing that. Is it just me? Anyway, I actually kept it much better than I could have, though obviously I could still have done better. At one point I went for a short walk in -3F windchill to cool off (pun not intended but very apt) and stopped by the gas station on my way back and instead of buying all sorts of non-sweets compliant crap I bought blueberry almonds (which were delicious). I did the daily dare but am holding off of the pushups for a few days. Occasionally where the delt meets the bicep on my right arm will hurt for no obvious reason and it's starting to do that so I'm giving it a rest.

Spoiler

The biggest thing Kevin has been driving me crazy with is getting our financial statements done and I got the final draft of our sent to our auditors yesterday so hopefully I can quit complaining about him soon. Boss was out yesterday but I will likely be telling her that I'm done trying to train Kevin when he's not getting it and not listening and next year either I'm training Trevor (our newer, much better accountant) on the financial statements or I'm doing them by myself. It's just not worth the effort and agitation anymore

Breakfast - PB&J Oatmeal; Lunch - leftover tomato dal; Snack - blueberry almonds, potato chips, veggie patty with bbq sauce; Dinner - 3 pieces of pizza and two breadsticks; Total calories - no clue. Probably high but not outrageously high

I've also been thinking about my goals a bit

Spoiler

I have never wanted to be a runner but found a love of OCRs. So I've been trying to get to be a competent runner for them. But I just cannot seem to like running. I enjoy biking, walking, kickboxing, and lifting. But not running. I'm not sure how things will change yet but I'll probably reduce my running goals and focus on the other stuff instead. I'm thinking short, faster runs when I do run, like trying to decrease my mile time or short interval sessions

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stribs said:

What a great guy.  My husband will do things like that too.  I ask him to "save me from myself" occasionally, ha.

He is a pretty great guy. Though he doesn't quite understand my frustration, he is finally learning that I'm serious when I say I need saved from myself.

Now he didn't save me from myself with the pizza last night but I think he also realized I was still fuming about Kevin and did the equivalent of throwing chocolate at me from a distance without the chocolate :)

3 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

I narrowly avoided going to prison for the murder of Kevin, instead I resorted to rage eating. 

There needs to be an award for not murdering coworkers/students who are really just being annoying on purpose.

• Like 1

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

3 minutes ago, Stribs said:

There needs to be an award for not murdering coworkers/students who are really just being annoying on purpose.

He's not doing it on purpose though. He's just that bad at the job. I have had to explain basic accounting stuff to him too many times while his eyes just glaze over because he doesn't get it. He's 50 and has supposedly been doing accounting for years. I'm curious what he actually did before this job (not curious enough to ask him, mind you) because it obviously wasn't full accounting. All I know is he got "laid off" from his last job and I can now guess why.

He does also think he's funny/clever sometimes when it's really just being annoying, but that's minor compared to the incompetence.

I'll graciously accept an award for not murdering him. Hang it right up next to my diplomas because I think it probably took more dedication and self control than those did :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

He's 50 

All this time I thought he was in his 20s like immature first job kind of shit

2 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

I'll graciously accept an award for not murdering him. Hang it right up next to my diplomas because I think it probably took more dedication and self control than those did :P

Image result for you didn't murder anyone, award

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stribs said:

All this time I thought he was in his 20s like immature first job kind of shit

Nope, I'm the young pup at work at 32. Trevor is 35 and Kevin turned 50 last year. I'm not sure if the age difference bothers him or not. I do think that he uses his lower education (I have my masters) as an excuse to why he doesn't get something which is usually crap because he's screwing up basic Accounting 101 level stuff. We don't do anything you need an advanced degree for.

I'm gonna print out that medal and hang it up next to the "Bang head here to reduce stress" sign :P

• Like 3

I think your plan about switching up the running makes a ton of sense. You don't love running, so make it more interesting for yourself. I think intervals would be really useful for you. You might also try mixing in some other exercises during the run.

The name Kevin always makes me think of this dog. The dog is just kind of helpless...sounds like your co-worker

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

1 hour ago, Xena said:

think your plan about switching up the running makes a ton of sense. You don't love running, so make it more interesting for yourself. I think intervals would be really useful for you. You might also try mixing in some other exercises during the run.

Thanks. I want to like running but so far it's just not happening. I'm much more likely to get myself out for a quick mile run with a two mile walk than a slow three mile run.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

The name Kevin always makes me think of this dog. The dog is just kind of helpless...sounds like your co-worker

That Kevin is adorable! I want that Kevin :)

• Like 1

Week 2 - Saturday

I slept badly due to minor plague symptoms and decided it make it a mostly lazy day. I did some cleaning (I feel like I say that a lot, I swear my house is not always messy nor am I a compulsive neat freak), some reading, and went grocery shopping. When I left for shopping at 3pm I had a whopping 2700 steps. When I got back I decided I was tired of such dismal step counts so I took Floof for a walk. Unfortunately it got cold quick and my ears and face weren't adequately covered, so we only did a mile. Still tired of being a lump I decided to march in place while watching Ultimate Beastmaster and made it to 10k steps. Then I decided to do some bodyweight work so I did the BBWW, modified so I only did 1/2 of most of the exercises but I did all three sets. Amazingly my pushups seem to have improved a lot lately. I expected to struggle with knee pushups when I started doing them at the beginning of the year and I didn't really. The last night I did negatives and they went really well. Last time I tried those I sagged and my middle would hit the floor first, not any more! Now I can go down in proper form and even hold it at the bottom for a bit, just can't quite push back up without going to knees. I did not do the daily dare since it was more pushups

Food was not great but not horrible. I ate some leftover pizza for lunch and dinner was haphazard since I was home alone. Still no sweets though.

Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal; Lunch - 3 pieces of pizza a breadstick; Dinner - PB&J oatmeal and Sweet Chili Doritos. Total calories - about 1650

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Maigahane said:

I ate some leftover pizza for lunch and dinner was haphazard since I was home alone.

I think we are more than birthday twins, ha.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stribs said:

I think we are more than birthday twins, ha.  

Lol, tomorrow's lunch might be haphazard too since I get the day off and Hubs doesn't

Actually, today's dinner was haphazard too and Hubs was home plus we had some friends over. Hubs requested we make something that I won't eat so I munched on random stuff. Mostly healthy but probably too much of all of it

• Like 1

Week 2 Wrap up

Food - I'm doing great with the no sweets goal. I had half of a Thin Mint and no other sweets this week. The giant Ferrero Rocher is still sitting on top of my fridge. It's not even mocking me, it's just sad that no one wants it :) But I'm not doing so well with the rest of my nutrition. Anxiety seems to be trying to sneak back in and I think it might be causing me to eat my feelings. That and fucking Kevin (okay, I can laugh now instead of shaking in rage, still, fucking Kevin...). I need to work on reigning this in. I have the day off work and I might play around with my meal plan a bit.

Running - Nope. This cold is making me wimp out on even going to the gym to run. I have a 5k (I got it officially downgraded from a 10k) Saturday and it's gonna be pathetic. I am reevaluation my running goals in general but regardless I should get some running in, even if it's just short intervals or a mile run. I don't want to die between the obstacles at OCRs

Lifting - Still avoiding the gym partially because of the cold, partially because of the resolutioners, and partially because I've been lazy. I did get in a BBWW workout Saturday and felt surprisingly good about it. And I've been somewhat keeping up with the daily dares (as long as they're not pushup related)

• Like 2

Week 3 - Sunday

I was still dealing with my baby plague. It's not bad, just excess mucus production which makes life kinda uncomfortable and involves a lot of coughing to clear the crap out of my throat. So I had a lazy morning of reading my book then took a 2 hour nap on the couch. Hubs is trying to kill me by excessive socialization and had a couple of friends over for a new gaming session. Because a weekly Saturday, bi-weekly Wednesday, and once-a-month Sunday sessions aren't enough. Hubs asked to make Chicken n Dumplings which I won't eat. I didn't really plan for what my dinner would be other than roasting some veggies. Of course the guys brought snacks which I mostly avoided but I ended up eating too much trail mix. Oh yeah, and my breakfast was amazingly delicious but....um....not low calorie :) No exercise and I forgot about the Daily Dare

Breakfast - PB&J....PANCAKES!; Lunch - last two pieces of pizza; Dinner/Snacks - Sweet Chili doritos, trail mix, roasted veggies, banana....I think that's it; Total Calories - no freaking clue

• Like 2

I hope you feel better soon! Plague protocols are a good reason to rest up for a while instead of pushing through it and being sick longer.

Death by gaming actually sounds like a fun way to go...

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman