Brogo gonna bro

Stronkey Kong

Damn. 2018 is almost here. 

I just survived a third Amazon.com holiday peak season at the warehouse. 

I am not doing another. I plan to be out by June at the latest. To do this,  I'm going back to school. With my class schedule,  I can kick back to 30 hours of work,  and I get an extra day "off." I have classes Mon and Tuesday morning,  and Thursday afternoon,  and Sunday off with the full days of ten hours of work. 

THIS MEANS I CAN RUN AN ACTUAL 4 DAY POWERLIFTING PROGRAM AGAIN!!!

Goal 1, POWERLIFTING:

I had an idea for another overly elaborate and thought out POWERLIFTING program a couple of months ago. I'm gonna do that. I'll explain later. It's very taoist. 

Goal 2, CARDIO:

What? Don't we hates that? Yes we does. But we musts.

Yeah. Fuck cardio. But I really do believe that if you can't run, 5k... slowly is fine,  you're not in great shape. 

I'm going to include some HIIT on workout days. Then try for at least one long endurance run each week with the goal of making it to 5k with no breaks. 

Goal 3, ABZ!

Abz every workout. Nuff said.

Goal 4, STOP FUCKING SNACKING

Granted I recently set a new 4 year weight PR recently,  but I'd have done it in September had it not been for the Twix bar I typically have on my second break at work, or the other stupid food choices I make frequently. 

LUYL_1: LEARN FUCKING SPANISH ALREADY

Gonna get a Spanish language course and practice it. Seriously,  I'm an American. Why don't I know Spanish yet?

LUYL_2: COMPLETE THE FUCKING TFA APPLICATION

If I'm a couple months into my machine tool program and not loving it to fucking death, I'm joining up with Teach for America, and I'm gonna teach science in the ghetto or the sticks somewhere. 

• Like 8

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Welcome back to the Ranger Corps. Following along of course.

And especially welcome back to a powerlifting program. Ferrotherapy is good for the soul.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the New year Vincent.

Interesting.  I don't know too much about Powerlifting.  it will be nice to follow along and see you do it.

about the 5k program.  I just did the c25k... those are runs/walks that build you stamina and end in running 30mins and most of 5k.

I ended that Program at week 6 with a solid 5k run.  like you say, not fast.

and...we still hates cardio. too! ... but.... it gets better in time- its like enduring a bit of misery for the satisfaction of newfound strength.  "Grinding"- strait up- as they say here in the ranger corps.  so, take a peek online about that program and see if its for you?

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

Oh!

Sometimes my art gets posted to my threads via IG...

• Like 5

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

yay! lifting!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

So many decisions and deadlines for what were once ideas.  So cool.  I wish you the best with all of it.  Call out if the little voice of doubt starts because I whole-heartedly support people who made their plan and are trying to follow it.  

Loving the new name, too, and can't wait to see the complicated tao-ist lifting routine.

Big Photo is Big

Related image

• Like 3

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Following for the lifting of heavy objects.

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

The Tao of Gainz

5 lifts: Squat, Bench,  Deadlift,  Press, Pull-ups/rows

Elemental Workouts:

Water: rest/recovery

Wood: Hypertrophy (HT) (5 sets,  10-15 reps @ 50 - 70 % TM )

Fire: Max Intensity (MI) (1 RM test or 3 sets, 1-3 reps @ 90 - 100 % TM)

Earth: Strength (ST) (3 sets, 3-6 reps @ 75-85% TM)

Metal: Intensity, speed, endurance (V5) (5 min AMRAP, fixed weight or BW eq. depending on lift)

Four lift days each week:

Sunday: Wood,  hypertrophy

Monday: Fire,  Max intensity

Tuesday: Earth,  Strength

Wed: work, active rest

Thursday: Metal, V5

Friday: work,  active rest

Saturday: work,  active rest

One lift for each day. Each week, each lift lands on a certain day and workout. The fifth lift will be the water,  rest day and will not be done that week except maybe very light weights or some exercise to warm and stretch the muscles. The next week,  each lift moves to the next element,  that order being:

Water --> Wood --> Fire --> Earth --> Metal --> Water

• Like 10

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

What a Druidy way to warrior, which fits you in perfectly here in the Ranger Corps.

• Like 6

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I love your set up for your workouts

• Like 1

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Couple things...

My new roommate is moving in tomorrow. I'm scrambling lately to get the place ready. It's gonna be awesome paying half as much rent. But also new challenges on the home front... half as much space in the fridge,  etc.

So,  remember how I was in grad school like forever,  then left because it made me depressed,  and I was working on a paper way after I left... and it's been two years since I left. Well,  my advisor submitted said paper, and the journal is likely to publish it once I update a few issues with the program I wrote to do the experiments (write a manual, ensure github code is compilable and executable). So I gotta do that and way preferably before I'm back in school. 

I so loathe my current job. 

I probably won't touch the above program until mid challenge. It's not until mid January that I return to school and will have schedule change I need to hit the gym 4 days a week. I will however be going on new years day to get started. Squat,  Bench,  and see how fast I die on a treadmill. 

Lol. 

Two weeks ago: 244.4 lbs.

Yesterday: 258.something lbs.

Fuck you Christmas. 

• Like 9

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

12 hours ago, Vincent Van Bro said:

Two weeks ago: 244.4 lbs.

Yesterday: 258.something lbs.

Some of that has to be water weight or haven't-pooped-in-a-while weight, right?

I feel like it'd be difficult, mathematically, to put on 7 pounds in a week. That's 24,500 calories. (49,000 over both weeks.) That's like a full-time job. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Super Starling! said:

Some of that has to be water weight or haven't-pooped-in-a-while weight, right?

I feel like it'd be difficult, mathematically, to put on 7 pounds in a week. That's 24,500 calories. (49,000 over both weeks.) That's like a full-time job. 

Yeah. After a couple poops I'm back down to 250. 

244.4 was after a couple days I barely ate or drank anything. I feel best just below 250 and at 258 I just feel bloated. 

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

23 hours ago, Super Starling! said:

I feel like it'd be difficult, mathematically, to put on 7 pounds in a week.

Alcohol can lower the weight through dehydration, salt can raise it. Maybe he drank a bunch weighed himself at a dehydrated state then gorged on salty food and failed to poop. That is my hypothesis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OCEAN RANGER

Current Challenge

YOUTUBE ADVENTURES

2 X IRONMAN, 3 X half IRONMAN, 3 X GORUCK Challenge, 2 X GORUCK back to back, Way too many GORUCK lights

Eating is so destructive. This is the next thing of beauty I'll be turning to shit. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

On 25/12/2017 at 4:02 AM, Vincent Van Bro said:

If I'm a couple months into my machine tool program and not loving it to fucking death, I'm joining up with Teach for America, and I'm gonna teach science in the ghetto or the sticks somewhere. 

Following just in case this thread turns into Dangerous Minds. 

tumblr_mmjyok2G1R1sqt0t5o1_400.gif

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Following just in case this thread turns into Dangerous Minds. 

tumblr_mmjyok2G1R1sqt0t5o1_400.gif

I often spontaneously find myself rapping to "Gangsta's paradise" or "Fantastic Voyage" wondering, "What's Coolio up to these days?"

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

So I know I said I'd go work out early this morning, but:

1) Hangover.  I woke up at 5am but feeling sweaty, headaching, and dehydrated AF. So I drank a bunch of water and went back to sleep. Who'd a thought drinking most of a fifth of vodka (Moscow mules) and a couple pints of beer would do that. 

2) Gym clothes: where the fuck have they been the last 6 months? I thought I'd go early afternoon,  but then I found them in the corner next to the hamper covered in dust. Thusly,  today was made to be a laundry day. 

Tomorrow tho.

I did make some other progress yesterday between cocktails. I ordered a Spanish language course. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge