• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

@mu

Assassin level up

Thanks!

Week-end was too busy with work stuff creeping up all over the place... And the cat broke the sink in the bathroom. It was not very stable to start with, she jumped on it, the upper section detached itself and broke in thousand pieces. The cat was fine though. Until she stuck herself into a plastic bag and started panicking... she ran the whole flat up and down sending everything flying about... She got a scare but she was fine again (I was afraid she would strangle herself or something).

She is now back to her normal relaxed state but the flat is just a big mess.

20180202-lay.jpg.0fdafea6e0a59f39ab1bfde67f41f6a7.jpg

So.. this week should be a fun prep week for the next challenge. I have to check a few things, what's feasible or not, how long it takes etc...

This morning I got some bent press, linking reps, the usual, did not beat my best. Some straddling up from long arms. That was a bit brutal early on like this. I think I will move it after the main aerial section.

Then I worked on a ball drill for bent arm press (cf video). When I hold, I tend to relax / drop my core. If I'm holding the ball, I have to hold much more consciously and really focus on what I am doing. I still almost killed the cat when coming down... But I think I might well use that drill for a wee while.

Then I did a set of inverted pikes from dead hang, without silks and with a catcher wrap (some bits in the vid also). With a wrap, I have a weakness at the top, I have to help myself with a foot... something to work on.

The other thing I worked on was a puzzle (end of video):  get a helicopter turn on my apparatus... quite a challenge on its own...

I haven't found yet a way to s-wrap high enough. I ended up with half the height of the apparatus already gone before I could start turning. Tough :~ Not to mention the bars, and the floor so close, making it difficult to keep straight legs etc... I need to find a way to wrap a little bit higher. I've tried alternative s-wrap entries: catcher, flamenco grip, same problem. Maybe from back balance... 

• Like 2

Prep week continued...

This morning:

Warm-up – general/prep stretching

Standing back drop to support / Elevated Jefferson curls

Camel bend back drop / Pancake

Elbow stand hold to bridge on sofa back to front / Legs behind shoulders/neck

=> 3 sets each

Ball drills to straighten legs

I think I will have a back/front bend goal for the next challenge. I do those every so often, but not very regularly and not always at the same intensity level. Let's see what happens in a month time with a bit more focus.

• Like 3

Today, still investigating what to do next:

Bent arm press linked reps on parallettes x2+ set 1 & 2

1+link failed / 1-link-1; 1-link-1

Dead hang to inverted pike x3 from bars (no silks / wrapping to catcher Left / Right)

1-1-1(foot help on last)

1-arm hold progression LR

from bar 1-arm hold: 2s R 3s L

Meat hook progression on silks x2 on each side

split silks – from floor - 2 wrapped hands – bent arms - tuck extend to straight legs back to tuck and floor 1L 1R 1L 1R

Improv / flow check => checking out flows to see which one to pick for movement quality practice

Split hip lock flow R L

S-wrap hock and roll to pseudo back lever flow R L

Climb to Francesca to twistey descent R L(err, brain got confused and couldn't twist :lol: ) L
=> Left side is really a bummer :wacko: I absolutely have to keep practicing it.
Most likely candidate is split hip lock.  Could try also a thigh hitch flow, forgot about it.

Dead hang long arms straddle up x2+ - LR

Long arms bent legs 2L 2R

This took 1h30 with warmup and cool down. I had to rest a bit more between flows. I woke up 1/2h earlier because I thought it might indeed take a bit longer. Question is: do I want to wake up 1/2h earlier 3x a week? is this really sustainable :D

On 2/3/2018 at 12:16 PM, @mu said:

Week-end was too busy with work stuff creeping up all over the place... And the cat broke the sink in the bathroom. It was not very stable to start with, she jumped on it, the upper section detached itself and broke in thousand pieces. The cat was fine though. Until she stuck herself into a plastic bag and started panicking... she ran the whole flat up and down sending everything flying about... She got a scare but she was fine again (I was afraid she would strangle herself or something).

She is now back to her normal relaxed state but the flat is just a big mess.

Oh dear me draaaaaama!

Your pike presses look SO strong!

:D proper feline drama... and then I love how she just stretches herself with this self-entitled look....

Pressing  with the ball is a real killer. I hadn't expected it to raise the bar so much.

• Like 1

finally caught up and wow, there is so much WIN in your challenge.

I love how assassiny your assassin level up performance is! With all the teleportation stealth and creative story to it and all in black of course :D brilliant! Also I am hugely impressed with how much you manage to do in that small space :o wow

Reading about smog and regulations and all really makes me aware of the things we take for granted here in Germany. Glad you have such a creative bunch of artists to make the best of it, so courageous and inspiring.

Your cat is hilarious :lol: don't you love how they assume you are just there to pick up after them, feed them and play with them  when they want to...

cath_tate_cards032_1024x1024.png?v=14580

excited to see what you are cooking up for your next challenge

• Like 1

Oh thank you very much for your lovely message!  Are you joining the new challenge, I haven't seen your thread yet! Hope to see you there!