• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Update (gotta make this quick, lots to do):

• Woke up...early enough; took Minnie outside while shirtless and shoeless and worked through some stretches and movements.
  • Total combined steps for Wednesday and Thursday: 26,988
  • Took a mindful walk both days around campus because the weather has been unseasonably warm (for now). Watched a band of blue jays gathering in a tree next to Ferrell Hall. They argued with me and bounced on the branches of the tree. I also had a fox squirrel skitter down a tree and walk right up to me, then change direction at the last moment. It was the closest I have ever been to a wild squirrel.
  • Sticking to my whole foods/Paleo, except for a few pieces of chocolate.
  • Staying on task for the 100/100, which means I hit 1,100 pushups and 1,100 squats since January 1st yesterday.
  • Still a little off with water intake; I know I drank a big cup in the morning, but after that I think I just hit the water fountain a few times, but not enough.
  • Found a quiet place on campus a few times both days and meditated, even if it was just closing my eyes for about five minutes.
  • Read scripture and devotional; also still reading Fellowship and D=F.
  • 9 day streak on Duolingo
  • Arabella is staying good on her end of the "bargain" and earning her Jojo Siwa doll; she slept in her own room without my wife both nights, which meant the queen and I could snuggle and sleep soundly next to each other all night.
  • Like 6

True story: yesterday I fell down some steps and a toilet fell on me.

Let me explain. I was helping my mentor at the new house, and he needed a couple of brand new toilets (still in the box) carried upstairs. The safest way to do this is with two people, but he is just not able to lift anything that heavy anymore, and there was no one else there to help. I was actually doing okay until my foot caught on the lip of one of the steps and I fell backwards down to my left shoulder and the toilet followed. I managed to stop it with my legs.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Are you alright??

I'm grand, thank you. It was actually really funny.

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Dang!  Hope everything's okay.

What model toilet? :D

Darn it, I forgot to check.

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Ouch. :\ Hope you're still alive.

Still kickin'. 

• Like 6

I am glad you were not crushed by a toilet. Can you imagine the headstone??

I joined the Spanish club! My username on Duolingo is somewhatunlikely. Thanks for the invite!

• Like 3

The mental image about you and the fall and the toliet... I just sat there with the "HOW" look on my face.

I am glad you are okay. But I can see it being funny once you know everyone is okay. Not going to lie, I am giggling a bit

• Like 2

Update:

• Continued to take Minnie outside while shirtless and shoeless and run through some movements and stretches.
  • Friday I got restless and drove to Wine Cellar Park during my break, changed into shorts, and ran the 1/4 mile trail. It was raining slightly, and I waded through the stream, which actually runs from the lake that is at the top of the hill at the end of the trail. The water was very cool because there was still a layer of ice on the top of the lake. It was refreshing.
  • Total steps Friday-Monday (yesterday): 55,301

tumblr_n7v3vyOje61tf9agmo1_500.gif 

• Took a mindful walk around campus and listened to a variety of birds singing.
  • Went for my first run in a while yesterday. Managed 5k in 29:04.
  • Reading scripture, Fellowship, and finally finished The Sun Also Rises. I'm thinking about starting Band of Brothers next.
  • Worked with my mentor moving materials out of the new house (trash mostly); yesterday there were some large boards laying in the yard that he said I could work on carrying to his truck "later, maybe tomorrow." I said, "Why wait?" and picked them both up one at a time and placed them on the truck. He seemed surprised.

4811058-1800204541-7c41f.jpg

• Sticking to the 100/100, although I slacked Saturday, so I am playing catch-up.
  • Consistent with the "mostly" whole foods/Paleo; been eating skyr for breakfast most mornings, vegetable soup for lunch, a kale salad at work the other day instead of popcorn and pizza.
  • Water in the morning, in the afternoon, and before bed

Aragorn-Fan-Art-aragorn-34236411-500-250

• Been meditating a total of 20 minutes/day even if those minutes are spread among several sessions/day.
  • My Duolingo streak continues.
  • Princess Arabella continues her streak of sleeping in her own room, so the queen and I continue to get full night's rest together.

beren_and_luthien_in_tol_galen_by_ladyof

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Wolfen said:
  • Princess Arabella continues her streak of sleeping in her own room, so the queen and I continue to get full night's rest together.

Congrats on this, I know its hard to do. I am glad you are all getting a better nights rest.

• Like 3

I promise I'm still here. My graduate classes are a little more demanding this semester. I'll give a quick summary.

• Still taking Minnie outside in the morning while shirtless and shoeless no matter what the weather; continuing with Primal Body Reboot stretches.
  • Mostly maintaining the 10,000 steps/day (weekends are tough since I spend most Saturdays and Sundays at home with queen and princesses).
  • Still taking mindful walks around campus, but our office was closed due to weather two days this week.
  • Braved the ice and snow and went to work Thursday even though our office was closed because some of our students were still on campus for college courses.
  • Sticking with the 100/100, although I've had to play catch-up and will probably continue to do so on some days. My arms are sore.
  • Been working with my mentor finishing up the new house and taking care of the chickens.
  • Helped a high school friend who is starting his own contract business. He does odd-jobs, mostly remodeling and repairs and small construction jobs. He hired me to assist him with helping a man move. We lifted a couch, a refrigerator, a love-seat, cabinets, shelves, dressers, tables, and too many boxes to count. Two full trailers of stuff. He gave me half of what the man was paying him.
  • Still eating mostly whole foods with some Paleo-faithful foods, as well. Fasted a couple of days until 11:00.
  • Water intake getting better; building the habit.
  • Meditating every day for a total of 20 minutes, even if it is spread out throughout the day.
  • Princess Arabella is still sleeping in her own bed, although she recently came down with a stomach virus and the queen and I allowed her one night to sleep with the queen; she still felt miserable the next night so we allowed one more. She is back to her own bed now.
  • Doing dishes and helping with laundry; also trying to keep the kitchen cleaned up.
  • Like 9

Well, I am currently laying in a hospital bed because I passed out while driving home and crashed through a fence. I really think I just fell asleep because since the stomach bug has been running its rounds in our home, I haven't slept much because I've been up and down because of someone vomiting through the night. I averaged about 3 hours last night, four Saturday night, and maybe 4-5 Friday. I'm one of those people who will get a night's sleep,  wake up feeling great regardless of how brief the sleep was, and if I'm going to crash I crash hard (sorry, bad choice of words since I literally crashed).

So the hospital is running some tests to be sure there was no other cause of passing out. I just want to go home, and I'm hungry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

37 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad you're not injured (you're not injured, are you?) and I hope the cause is something minor.

No, I'm not injured. And I really think I'm just exhausted. As soon as they have me settled in a room, I'm getting some sleep.

14 minutes ago, CallunaTook said:

oh no! I hope you're ok!!!!!!

Thank you. You're a doll. I'll keep you posted. 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2018 at 7:55 AM, Bookish Badger said:

I hope by now you've gotten some sleep and the drs have confirmed that you're uninjured. And that you've gone home and have continued to sleep some more.

23 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Saw your FB post - glad you are okay and hope you are already on your way (or close!) to getting to go home. 

16 hours ago, annyshay said:

I'm glad you're not hurt. Hospitals aren't known for being good for sleeping, but fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

Glad you're okay! Hope you've caught up on sleep.

Thank you all. They did some tests because my heart rhythm was a little off on my EKG. They consulted cardiology because they were concerned about syncope, which is basically fainting because of a heart problem. I tried to tell them I was just exhausted and was pretty sure I nodded off behind the wheel. No head injuries or anything from the crash. Head CT looked good (I have a brain and it works). They did an echocardiogram yesterday, which was clear, and I was discharged yesterday evening around 6:00. My queen took me to this wonderfully retro root beer drive-in place in Huntington called Frostop:

the-frostop-drivein-restaurant-stands-in

I had a root beer (they brew it on-site), which was so creamy and delicious. On the way home, we listened to 90's on 9 and sang Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do" loudly and exuberantly.

When I got home, I hugged and kissed my daughters and my pets, took a long, hot bath in Epsom salts, and then the queen and I turned in early (around 8:30), snuggled close and slept deeply and happily until my alarm went off this morning at 4:30.

I'll share more stories of my hospital adventures later.

• Like 6