• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sounds like sleep was the answer. I'm glad you're home.

Thank you, sir.

And... OMG! Check...this...OUT!

A good friend saw that and said, "Hell yeah. Joe's giving you permission to take it slow, Spartan."

I freaking love Twitter.

• Like 6

Update:

• Maintaining the 10,000 steps/day goal
  • Been sleeping in since the accident, with a few early mornings; napping in the afternoons to help with rest.
  • Still going outside shirtless and shoeless with Minnie and working through some stretches and movements.
  • Lost track of my 100/100 because of my accident and hospital stay. I know I'm behind but don't know by how much; probably won't get caught up, but I'm still doing them.
  • Soulcon Warrior Elite started today; my test-in is as follows:
    • Height: 5'10.5"
    • Weight: 171
    • Push-ups (2 minutes): 35
    • Sit-ups (2 minutes): 45
    • 5K (to be posted later)
  • Been taking 30 minute mindful walks in the morning before work; I maintain a brisk pace while also using all my senses to absorb my surroundings.
  • Still eating mostly whole foods/Paleo. This even extends to my selection of protein bars when necessary (I have a box of Kind bars next to my desk).
  • Getting better at water consumption.
  • Meditations have been about every other day, usually partnered with my afternoon power nap.
  • Fizzled out with Fellowship (although I'm not abandoning it) because of school work.
  • Behind with Duolingo, as well. Need to get back into it; before my accident I was on a 15 day streak.
  • The good news about my accident is that it has opened up communication between my queen and I about getting rest; our usual bedtime is 10:30-11:00. Lately, though, we have gone to bed earlier, around 9:30-10:00. Princess Arabella was consistent with sleeping in her own bed until early this morning (around 3am); not sure what happened, but she came in crying and had a full panic attack when I asked her to crawl into bed with her sister rather than make Daddy get up. I conceded and let her spend the rest of the night in bed with my queen.
  • We have a new puppy. Her name is Luna, and she is a Yorkshire terrier/Jack Russel mix. She is black with white paws, a patch of white on her chest, and a tiny spot of white on the tip of her tail. We're trying to get her to sleep in her pen at night, but she cries and cries until we bring her to our bed, where she likes to nuzzle next to me or my queen and sleep. Probably starting a bad habit, but our other option is to deal with the crying (and it's loud).
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Wolfen said:

We have a new puppy. Her name is Luna, and she is a Yorkshire terrier/Jack Russel mix. She is black with white paws, a patch of white on her chest, and a tiny spot of white on the tip of her tail. We're trying to get her to sleep in her pen at night, but she cries and cries until we bring her to our bed, where she likes to nuzzle next to me or my queen and sleep.

Could the puppy and the princess sleep together? It might help soothe anxieties for them both. :) 

• Like 2

Just now, Bookish Badger said:

Could the puppy and the princess sleep together? It might help soothe anxieties for them both. :) 

Well...possibly, if the princess slept somewhere other than the top bunk. :P And we don't quite trust the puppy around the house yet (still training), so my other concern would be whether or not the princess would be aware if the puppy woke up and wandered off.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Wolfen said:

No apologies necessary. I've been in and out myself. And thank you.

Thanks

Its amazing how hard it can be to get back in the swing of things when classes restart after a break

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Its amazing how hard it can be to get back in the swing of things when classes restart after a break

Oh, trust me, I know. :)

• Like 1

Challenge Reflection:

giphy.gif

Well, I didn't reach 100% in every area of my challenge, but I am pleased with the results. I give myself an A-.

Some areas of reflection:

• Joining a physical challenge with a group of other men really motivates me to do the work, especially if I commit to it beforehand.
  • "Quality time" with the queen does not have to be lengthy because sometimes life gets in the way; enjoy each second and minute and hour with her, even if it's interrupted.
  • Drink more freaking water; coffee is great, but you need water.
  • Remember that great feeling you get after a good run? Why don't you do that more often?
  • Mornings really are the best time for scripture reading and prayer because you were blessed with a new day, and it's time to show your gratitude.
  • Don't be so hard on yourself about your erratic reading habits; you'll finish a book and feel great about it, even if there are four or five unfinished ones laying right next to you.
  • Slay those freaking dragons, whatever it takes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Excellent reflections as always, sir! Glad to see you getting back into something approaching a normal routine. Life is bumpy some times!

Thank you, ma'am. :)

• Like 1