• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manarelle

Slow and steady... [Manarelle]

On 2/4/2018 at 8:37 AM, Manarelle said:

I suspected this last challenge, and confirmed it in this one: sewing and thermoplastics need to share a line, I cannot have open projects in both or else I revert to having a craft swamp. 

The craft swamp definitely makes me think of the fire swamp from Princess Bride, except instead of fire shooting out, it's like, unused fabric and yarn flying out of the ground. No good!

Anyway, glad you sorted it out and now you know how you want to move forward! Death to the craft swamp!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, traaki said:

The craft swamp definitely makes me think of the fire swamp from Princess Bride, except instead of fire shooting out, it's like, unused fabric and yarn flying out of the ground. No good!

Anyway, glad you sorted it out and now you know how you want to move forward! Death to the craft swamp!

Heh, yup, that's exactly what happens whenever you try to look for something. :D You move one thing, put one foot out of places and are attacked by half-finished pieces that you will never find that other part to. 

4 hours ago, raptron said:

Yay for the habits. :D Nuts and good, dark chocolate are my favorite "healthier" calorie dense goodies. Especially when combined. Avocados, shakes/smoothies with lots of fruit and maybe added protein, sweet potatoes, tahini, etc. are all good things that could maybe help bulk up your meals on those days you want to eat more. Though all of them are very satiating, so it may not be super easy.

It's such a good insight to have and great step to take for yourself and your own mental health/emotional productivity. I think even when we make these changes or aren't drawn to the drama in the first place, it's impossible not to slip occasionally! Especially if it is something your friends really need you for emotional support and all that. It sounds like you were able to engage/help them without it dragging you under. :) 

Nothing we want is ever easy, eh? :) All those suggestions sound great - I need to get back into making shakes. A lot of calorie dense foods are high in fat, though - even good ones - and MFP keeps yelling at me for going over in fats, but it's all from eggs, nuts, and (not lean) meat, so not sure how to balance that just yet. I do see more muscle and less jiggle, though, so I guess I'm doing something right and there's no need for a major overhaul just yet. 

Yes, personal attitude has made a huge difference in my life. Wish I could have sorted that out earlier, but better late than never. 

• Like 3