• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hypotheticalfox

Hypotheticalfox Hits the Reset Button (Hypothetically)

Oh man, I am completely like that too when I eat something off diet or plan. Much easier for my brain to be like "Well, you already messed up today by eating that one thing. Might as well grab those candies now"

As far as push ups, holy smokes, you are the golden god at them  At least compared to me haha

Great job

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy smokes dude! Your really smashing this challenge! 

Thanks! For me this challenge is trying to get myself at least partially back to where I was over the summer. I spent pretty much all of July and the first week in August eating suuuuuper strict paleo, running 3-5x/week, and going to 3-4 exercise classes to get me prepped for my first obstacle race (it was only 4 miles, and I was so much slower than the “competitive” people, but I was so proud to complete all the obstacles and finish). I had the goal to train toward, and because both my husband and I are both teachers, I had the time because it was summer and he was home too to pick up parenting slack when I wanted to get an extra workout in.

Cut to the beginning of the school year, I got sloppy again. No real goal, went to 2-3 exercise classes/week out of habit, no time for running, not unlimited time for food prep, and the time I am home I want to spend with Bee and my husband. So I won’t make it all the way back to where I was anytime soon, but I’m taking baby steps to getting somewhere.

• Like 1

Daily update: Monday #4

1. Diet- Back on track! Made some awesome Chivetta’s chicken breasts and turkey legs to eat for a few days, and packed myself a bun less chicken sandwich for lunch. It was sooo good. +1
a1b2785bbe16d48c60c6eaa2e2c1f513.jpg
2. Sleep- by 10:15, with only one wake up because of Bee. Her teeth must be almost through. +1

3. Exercise class- None on Mondays +0

4. Push-ups- 28 push-ups. 2 sets of 10 and 1 set of 8. I’ll probably carry this challenge over to the next one so I don’t lose momentum. +1

5. Mommy Adventures- None today, though we did get some of those holiday window stick up decorations (the jelly kind) for Valentine’s Day, and we put them up in our living room. They aren’t straight, and the letters don’t exactly spell out what they should, but she enjoyed it. +0

• Like 1

Update Log: Tuesday #4

1. Diet: still on track. My breakfast was a big bowl of pumpkin apple sloppy deluxe (our family’s name for pumpkin apple sauce with toppings- in this case almond butter, almond milk, fruit, and a few actual almonds... were almond people). My lunch made me feel like a caveman in a good way: a Chivetta’s marinated turkey leg with veggies and fruit. I honestly don’t remember what I had for dinner, but I know it was on plan.+1

7469a683c000eb7727b54ddafe886341.jpg

2. Sleep- 10:15, with a wake up at 4:45 because my stupid body had to pee. Not bad, but it makes me feel old. I (rightfully) blame Bee indirectly for this. +1

3. Exercise class- None today +0

4. Push-ups: 33 push-ups total. (10,10,8,5) all on the floor. Note to self: don’t watch Impractical Jokers while doing push-ups laughter is not good for form. +1

5. Mommy Adventures- None. I think we’ll go to the library or the pool on Friday. +0

• Like 2

Daily update: Wednesday #4

1. Diet- on track: lunch was great. Tuesday night I discovered my new favorite way of cooking venison: marinading them in balsamic vinegar and oli, adding a touch of salt, then pan searing them with a little bit of coconut oil. I packed the leftovers, a salad with homemade ranch dressing, and fruit for lunch. I also threw a bunch of chicken breasts in the crockpot for meals for the week. +1
0485ef092674587a08cdf5096fcfda94.jpg
2. Sleep- on track. Bed by 10:20 and a solid night sleep until 5:30, when Bee stirred hen fell back to sleep but I couldn’t. +1

3. Exercise class- I ended up skipping/missing Wednesday night class, which I really didn’t want to do, but I got a migraine and couldn’t really do much besides lay in a dark room and sleep it off. I plan on trying to do a run at the Y on Friday to make up for it (no classes available on Friday). +0

4. Push-ups- When my migraine finally subsided, I made sure to get my pushups in. I did 30 in sets of (10, 8, 8, 8). Maybe next challenge I’ll shoot to follow the pull-up workout to be able to do one of those, too.+1

5. Mommy Adventures- None, but I told Bee we’d have one Friday so she won’t let me out of that now that she knows. +0

• Like 1

Daily Update: Thursday #4

1. Diet- Noooooooo. Again, not in a big way, but enough that I couldn’t count it a fully successful day. I was making a pb&j for Bee’s lunch, and I had to cut the crusts off for it to fit the bento box. Without realizing until it was too late, as I was cutting the crusts, I was popping them into my mouth and eating them. Old habits die hard. I know in the grand scheme of things some crusts aren’t a huge deal, but it brings out my completionist/perfectionist streak. It’s syrup strawberry and bacon all over again. Other than that though, solid. +0

2. Sleep- 10:15 bed, no wake ups until my alarm, but I had an oddly disturbing dream about there being a fire drill at the school my school and my students pretty much telling me to f*** off and that they weren’t leaving the classroom, and they knew there was nothing I could do about it, because honestly what could I do? It shouldn’t have been a scary dream, but I was glad to wake up from it, though I woke up feeling not well rested.+1

3. Exercise class- yep. Mary’s suspension class focused on arms. My arms and shoulders are killing me as a result. +1

4.Pushups- completes 28 floor push-ups in addition to Mary’s class. Had to do them in sets of 8,5,5,5 because I was tired and sore. +1

5. Mommy Adventures- None today +0

• Like 1

Daily Update: Friday #4

1. Diet: On track. +1

2. Sleep: 10:45, so no. I went for a run after Bee went to bed, then picked up some groceries, got home, and hung out with the husband/did push-ups on commercial breaks. All that took longer than I planned.+0

3. Exercise class- there was no class available to make up for Wednesday, so I ran a 5k on the treadmill at 10 mins/mile (which I was psyched about because I haven’t been running at all since summer), so I’ll count it. +1

4. Push-ups- yep. 30 on the floor (8,8,10)+1

5. Mommy Adventures- I took Bee to the library after work. We had a good time, but I’m pretty sure her favorite part is pressing the buttons on the elevator. +1

• Like 1

Well, you might not have gotten to bed on time, but it sounds like you have a pretty productive time. Nice job getting that run in, and doing pushups during commercials. 

Update Log: Saturday #4

1. Diet: on track, though I am knowingly going to eat pizza and possibly a chocolate chip cookie or two tomorrow at a party. I’m not sure if it’s better that I’m doing it knowingly and am ok with it or not, but I’ve eaten pretty much no grains, dairy, soy, legumes, or added sugar for four weeks, so some junk food at a party and then finishing out the challenge back on plan won’t be the worst thing. +1

2. Sleep: 10:15. +1

3. Exercise class- Yes, and I felt great afterwards! I was sore from running the night before, but I guess activity begets activity, that I actually kind of felt less sore after class than before. +1

4. Push-ups: 34 over the course of a tv show . Commercial breaks during my end of the evening tv time seem to be becoming my push-up time. +1

5. Mommy Adventure- None today. We went to go visit the grandparents (and their cat). Bee had a great time but it’s not an adventure. +0

• Like 1

Daily Update: Sunday #5

I’ll start by declaring it. Sunday went way off the rails for achieving goals. Not for a bad reason, like horrible emotional trauma or unexpected stress, but because of a 14 year tradition (20 years maybe longer for my husband and his friends).
Last night was the WWE Royal Rumble (don’t worry, we know it’s fake and mostly lame, that’s part of the fun), and every year since they were about 12 years old and wrestling was still “real” and “cool” they’ve all gotten together to watch it. What started as convincing their parents to pony up for pizza and the pay per view event has morphed into a bit of an extravaganza with a bingo ball roller, betting, pick trading, smack talking, generally good time had by all viewing event. Also, there’s still pizza and snacks, but now the guys, the girlfriends, and the wives make them not the mothers.
I knew going in that I was going to be up past 10:30, just because of the length of the show. I knew I would be eating crap food, because of the nature of the event and I chose not to abide by my challenge diet for it (and am ok with that), but I’m really disappointed that I didn’t remember to do my pushups during the day and was too exhausted to do them when we got home at like midnight.
Still, we had a great time and I won $20. I’ll have to make double sure to get back on track for the last week of the challenge.

1. Diet: Nope. +0
2. Sleep: Nope. +0
3. Exercise class: None available on Sundays +0
4. Push-ups: Nope. +0
5. Mommy Adventures: Nope. +0

Damn, I hate seeing all those zeroes.

• Like 2

Daily update: Monday #5

1. Diet- Almost yes, but not quite. Everything was on plan except for brownies from my students. I could’ve said no, but when a student specifically makes you a brownie in Home etc and brings it down because they know you like chocolate, you take a bite of the brownie and say thank you. I know I could’ve said no or stashed it in a drawer “to eat later” and thrown it out when they weren’t around, but I didn’t. +0

2. Sleep: Yes! 10:05, and I had a weird dream about buying a minivan. +1

3. Exercise class- No class on mondays +0

4. Push-ups- 48 push-ups throughout the night. Biggest set was 10, smallest was 5. Mostly i did them in 8s. +1

5. Mommy Adventures- None +0

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 8:08 AM, Hypotheticalfox said:

Daily Update: Sunday #5

I’ll start by declaring it. Sunday went way off the rails for achieving goals. Not for a bad reason, like horrible emotional trauma or unexpected stress, but because of a 14 year tradition (20 years maybe longer for my husband and his friends).
Last night was the WWE Royal Rumble (don’t worry, we know it’s fake and mostly lame, that’s part of the fun), and every year since they were about 12 years old and wrestling was still “real” and “cool” they’ve all gotten together to watch it. What started as convincing their parents to pony up for pizza and the pay per view event has morphed into a bit of an extravaganza with a bingo ball roller, betting, pick trading, smack talking, generally good time had by all viewing event. Also, there’s still pizza and snacks, but now the guys, the girlfriends, and the wives make them not the mothers.
I knew going in that I was going to be up past 10:30, just because of the length of the show. I knew I would be eating crap food, because of the nature of the event and I chose not to abide by my challenge diet for it (and am ok with that), but I’m really disappointed that I didn’t remember to do my pushups during the day and was too exhausted to do them when we got home at like midnight.
Still, we had a great time and I won $20. I’ll have to make double sure to get back on track for the last week of the challenge.

1. Diet: Nope. +0
2. Sleep: Nope. +0
3. Exercise class: None available on Sundays +0
4. Push-ups: Nope. +0
5. Mommy Adventures: Nope. +0

Damn, I hate seeing all those zeroes.

Royal Rumble has always been one of my favorite events to watch. Scripted wins, sure, but that action is pretty real. You don't do those massive jumps and feel nothing :) 

• Like 1

Update for Tuesday and Wednesday #5

1. Diet: I’ve haven’t been sticking to it because I’ve been adding back some of the cut food groups from the previous 4 weeks , specifically some dairy and wheat. I intended on doing the full 5 weeks before adding back foods, but decided to make the 5the week a reintroduction week. So no points, but also, I knew going into it that I wasn’t going to maintain that level of strictness forever. +0

2. Sleep: yes. By 10:15 both days. +2

3. Exercise class: class on Wednesday, no class on Tuesday as per the plan +1

4. Push-ups: yes both days. 38 Tuesday and 40 on Wednesday. +2

5. Mommy Adventure- not yet. Probably Friday or Saturday. +0

• Like 1

Daily update: Thursday #5

Why is it so freakin’ cold again!? Last week it teased two or three days of 40s and 50s, and now we’re back to single digits. Get your s*** together weather and make up your mind!

1. Diet: no points. I made tacos and had it on a wheat wrap (I only had one), but when I packed it as a lunch I made it into a taco salad with the salsa as dressing. I’m trying to find a happy and sustainable medium between having to cut and say hard no to everything and eating everything all the time whenever the mood strikes, and it’s surprisingly hard. +0
c812d9f4144d4e0939121d375f2e996e.jpg

2. Sleep: yep. 10:15 +1

3. Exercise class: yes. Mary came up with a new thing in suspension where we set up the rig handles higher than usual and essentially bent arm hang from them for as long as we can with a goal of 20-30 seconds. It was hard, but I enjoyed it, and it’s probably good muscle building for if I ever want to be able to do a pull-up. +1

4. Push-ups: yep, 40, but I feel like I’m starting to plateau and adding additional ones in each set is getting supremely difficult. +1

5. Mommy Adventure: not yet, but I think tomorrow we are going to the library or to see some live music at the grocery store cafe for dinner (yah, that sounds weird to me too, don’t worry) and I think the husband is planning on joining us rather than getting his workout in while we’re out. +1

• Like 2

Yeah, I find it very difficult to stick to a food system if my mind isn't on board. Once I can hit that switch though, I am usually golden.

For push-ups, have you ever tried the 100 pushup program? http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

I was doing it a long time ago. I was just modifying it to leaning push-ups, or kneeling. I couldn't do many more. I never did finish it.

• Like 2

Yeah, I find it very difficult to stick to a food system if my mind isn't on board. Once I can hit that switch though, I am usually golden.

For push-ups, have you ever tried the 100 pushup program? http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

I was doing it a long time ago. I was just modifying it to leaning push-ups, or kneeling. I couldn't do many more. I never did finish it.

I might try that. Having a plan premade would be handy. I looked at it and it seems to make sense, but there are so many ads on the site it’ll drive me crazy to keep going there. Maybe I’ll just copy it out onto a sheet. Thanks for the resource.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hypotheticalfox said:

I might try that. Having a plan premade would be handy. I looked at it and it seems to make sense, but there are so many ads on the site it’ll drive me crazy to keep going there. Maybe I’ll just copy it out onto a sheet. Thanks for the resource.

Yeah, I ended up printing off some sheets so I didn't have to see whatever garbage ads :)

• Like 1