• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anim07734

Super Smash Assassins

Super Smash Assassins

Let the battle begin!

A new tournament has begun and everyone's got their eye on the prize.  But they'll need your help to claim it!

For each match, you’ll have the option to pick a fighter and work to support them.  To do so, perform an exercise that meets that match’s criteria (each match is different, so be sure to check them all!) and log your contribution.  The winner for each match will be the fighter with the most points logged at the end of the week!

Basic Rules:

- This mini-challenge is open to any who wish to participate.  No sign-ups necessary, just add your name to the match you want to participate in, pick your side and start logging your reps!

- This mini-challenge will run through Feb 1st, when the champion will be declared!

- Modifications for injuries or other physical issues will be provided on a case by case basis whenever possible.

- Each match will last for one week, but there may be more than one match running at a time.  Be sure to check all of them!

-Points will be awarded to each fighter based on their final rank in the match.

-For each match, you personal AMRAP (as many reps as possible) or AMSAP (as many seconds as possible) will be used to determine what exercise variants are appropriate. 

-Please test your AMRAP/AMSAP when you begin the match if you’re unsure what difficulty is appropriate for you.

-Once an appropriate exercise variant is chosen, you may perform as many or as few reps/sec per set as you’d like and rest as long between sets as you desire.  Your final contribution is the total reps/sec performed that week.

-Suggestions for exercise variants can be found here, but you’re free to use any exercise that meets the match criteria (type of exercise and AMRAP/AMSAP range).

- If you have any questions, just ask!

efy8iekw8qvzatyjyay6.png

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate.  

- Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

• Like 4

Match 1 (pushups):

Ganondorf

Ice Climbers

Peach

Wario

Match 2 (squats):

Kirby

Olimar

Pikachu

Pit

Match 3 (pull-ups):

Diddy Kong

Pokemon Trainer

R.O.B.

Snake

Match 4 (wall sit):

Fox

Jigglypuff

Marth

Ness

Match 5 (leg lifts):

Donkey Kong

King Dedede

Luigi

Meta Knight

Match 6 (planks):

Captain Falcon

Mario

Mr. Game & Watch

Zelda

Match 7 (dips):

Bowser

Falco

Link

Sonic

Match 8 (rows):

Ike

Lucario

Samus

Yoshi

All matches end Saturday January 7th at 11:59PM Eastern!

• Like 4

Match 1 (pushups):

Kirby

Mario

Marth

Samus

Match 2 (squats):

Bowser

Ganondorf

Meta Knight

Pokemon Trainer

Match 3 (pull-ups):

Fox

Lucario

Olimar

Zelda

Match 4 (wall sit):

Donkey Kong

Snake

Sonic

Wario

Match 5 (leg lifts):

Captain Falcon

Ness

Pikachu

Yoshi

Match 6 (planks):

Diddy Kong

Ice Climbers

King Dedede

Link

Match 7 (dips):

Ike

Jigglypuff

Mr. Game & Watch

Pit

Match 8 (rows):

Falco

Luigi

Peach

R.O.B.

All matches end Sunday January 14th at 11:59PM Eastern!

Only the top 16 fighters will move on to the next match!

• Like 1

I'm a little confused.... do we pick new fighters to support each week? For instance if I stay with the Meta Knight and the Pokemon Trainer, I'd have to do a LOT of squats now :o Or can I just pick new fighters for this week as I'd like to keep training my pull ups / push ups and leg lifts anyway? Thanks for helping out here :)

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

I'm a little confused.... do we pick new fighters to support each week? For instance if I stay with the Meta Knight and the Pokemon Trainer, I'd have to do a LOT of squats now :o Or can I just pick new fighters for this week as I'd like to keep training my pull ups / push ups and leg lifts anyway? Thanks for helping out here :)

You aren't tied to anyone from week to week.  You can only support one fighter per match each week, but you can pick the same fighter as the previous week, a different fighter, or none, at your preference.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anim07734 said:

You aren't tied to anyone from week to week.  You can only support one fighter per match each week, but you can pick the same fighter as the previous week, a different fighter, or none, at your preference.

thanks for clarifying. I'm just so used to being loyal to the same "house" that it threw me ;) so it's like a whole new game each week then. Nice!

44 minutes ago, Mister_X said:

Wait I'm not sure what to do. I want to back up Meta Knight but I don't know what to do after the l

ink 

On the current week's tab (8-14Jan) you should find Meta Knight under Match 2 - Squats.  Add your username to the Player column and select Meta Knight from the dropdown under the Fighter column. To add points to the score you need to perform some type of Squats where your AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible) is less than 20.

As an example, Manarella has selected Ganondorf and has logged a total of 30 reps of squats.

Also, you can back one fighter in each of the 8 matches.  Currently, Manarella has also chosen Peach in Match 8 and has logged 30 reps of Rows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Plitog said:

Manarella has also chosen Peach in Match 8 and has logged 30 reps of Rows.

But I thought you said it had to be less then 20? Or are you saying they did more later??

1 hour ago, Mister_X said:

But I thought you said it had to be less then 20? Or are you saying they did more later??

Correct. You can't pick an exercise that you can do 30 reps in one set, but you can do as many sets during the week as you want. 

• Like 2

Just now, Plitog said:

Correct. You can't pick an exercise that you can do 30 reps in one set, but you can do as many sets during the week as you want. 

Thanks so much

Manarella sounds like a Disney princess..... or maybe a villain. I'm good with either. Of course, the original Manarelle was a tauren druid, so now I'm thinking of an evil, cow-based sorcerer cackling over her herbs and potions. 

And yes, all of my stuff are 3 sets of 10, with the occasional 11 thrown in for a challenge.

• Like 2

Match 1 (push):

Fox

Luigi

Pikachu

Snake

Match 2 (Leg):

Ice Climbers

Jigglypuff

Meta Knight

Samus

Match 3 (pull):

Ganondorf

Mario

Pit

Sonic

Match 4 (core):

Kirby

Link

Pokemon Trainer

Zelda

All matches end Sunday January 21th at 11:59PM Eastern!

Only the top 8 fighters, overall, will move on to the next match!

• Like 3

The Semi-Finals Have Begun!

Match 1 (rep based):

Fox

Kirby

Samus

Sonic

Match 2 (timed):

Ganondorf

Link

Meta Knight

Pikachu

All matches end Sunday January 28th at 11:59PM Eastern!

Only the top 4 fighters, overall, will move on to the final match!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cataleya said:

Quick question: How did Kirby get through but Zelda didn't? No one even repped for Kirby last round as far as I can see.

Fighters move on based on their overall score, not just the most recent match results.

Kirby was first place in his first two matches, giving him a total of 6 victory points.  Zelda was second place in three matches, also earning a total of 6 victory points.  Luigi had a total of 6 victory points, as well, for first, second, and third place in his three matches.

All ties are being broken by a modified point differential formula.  Fighters with the same victory point total are ranked based on how their final score in each match compared to the match average.  (So landslide victories are ranked higher than those who squeaked by.)  The formula uses percentages to normalize the results from each match, so I hid it to keep from confusing everyone.  The final result is shown in the visible rank, which placed Kirby in 8th place (just above the cut off), while Zelda and Luigi were at 9th and 10th, respectively.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

Fighters move on based on their overall score, not just the most recent match results.

Kirby was first place in his first two matches, giving him a total of 6 victory points.  Zelda was second place in three matches, also earning a total of 6 victory points.  Luigi had a total of 6 victory points, as well, for first, second, and third place in his three matches.

All ties are being broken by a modified point differential formula.  Fighters with the same victory point total are ranked based on how their final score in each match compared to the match average.  (So landslide victories are ranked higher than those who squeaked by.)  The formula uses percentages to normalize the results from each match, so I hid it to keep from confusing everyone.  The final result is shown in the visible rank, which placed Kirby in 8th place (just above the cut off), while Zelda and Luigi were at 9th and 10th, respectively.

Cool beans. I just was kind of confused when Kirby got by and Zelda didn't; I noticed they had both gotten through, but I would have prioritized more recent wins, so I wasn't sure what the logic was. All good!

Personal opinion, I go with the above-the-neck rule. If it's just your head that's icky, work out. If it's body aches, chills, fever, stomach issues, anything that affects below-the-neck... probably better to rest and let your body heal. Obviously, you know your body best, but if you're already overheated before starting workout, might not be the best thing to do. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mister_X said:

Hey guys I was wondering if I can/should workout and finish the challenge. The problem is I caught a fever and have a temperature of 102.3 Should I finish or not?

Personally, I don't workout when I'm sick.  But that's mostly because I don't feel like doing anything when I'm sick.  I do try to get back to my workouts as soon as I start to feel better, however.  Also, while your fever isn't currently a problem, working out can elevate your temperature even more.

However, keep in mind that none of us are medical professionals.  So consult your doctor if you're worried.  Guidance I'm getting from Google says you should see a doctor if a fever of 102F lasts more than 48hrs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1