Sloth's hype is at 11!!!!

OH NO THE PLAGUE >:[[[[[

I bet if you rolled around on the floor faster you could start burning some of those calories off!!!!  ROLL LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT, MAN!!!!!

some-kind-of-workout.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hopefully the plague leaves the sloth residence forthwith!

• Like 1

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Sorry about the plague. I don't need glases for far-away just reading. Which has me- old person like- constantly hunting for my glasses so I can read. And yeah, often I'm hunting for them when they are on my head. :redface-new: But, I can do pull -ups and the young whipper snappers can't, so that keeps the laughter down somewhat.:)

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sorry to hear about the plague getting it's claws in your family.

I love my bifocals because I can actually see with them, but if I can go back to contacts next year, I'm doing it!

LOL on the book's level. It was probably written by someone who appreciates simplistic explanations, instead of big words that you first have to figure out the meaning of. Mil was sad for I don't know how long after the Lance Armstrong debacle, and I read somewhere there was another top racer in the Tour de France caught or something? But don't want to make you even more sad.

Hope the waterpark is a good Pick-me-upper (health-wise) for the family.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

giphy.gif

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!

• Like 5

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Funny thing about it is it seems to be written at a simpler level (I'd guesstimate sixth grade level instead of ninth grade). As if they assumed mountain bikers weren't as bright or as educated as road racers.

It's because y'all are always falling and hitting your head on trees and whatnot [emoji14]
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about the plague. I don't need glases for far-away just reading. Which has me- old person like- constantly hunting for my glasses so I can read. And yeah, often I'm hunting for them when they are on my head. :redface-new: But, I can do pull -ups and the young whipper snappers can't, so that keeps the laughter down somewhat.:)

This is what I'm imagining right now:

Elastigirl: *exasperated sigh* Where the heck are my glasses?!? I need to read these challenge threads! I swear I had them this afternoon!!

Whipper-snapper: Uh.............. *points to Elastigirl's head and snickers a bit*

Elastigirl: *pulls glasses into place with the air of an X-Wing fighter pilot pulling down her helmet visor in preparation for a strafing run on the Death Star, climbs a nearby tree, does one slow and deliberate pullup, all while maintaining severe eye contact with Whipper-snapper*

Whipper-snapper: *blinks twice in a mix of awe and fear, then slinks off into the rainy night with his tail between his legs*

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

On January 2, 2018 at 6:19 AM, Cheetah said:

I still haven't seen the newest one, but I had high hopes when I heard about it.  Maybe I'll watch it this week.

If you do, let us know what you think.

On January 2, 2018 at 6:27 AM, doctorake said:

Besides needing to watch the first Conan, this reminded me I just saw "The Beastmaster" on amazon prime. Definitely an imitator but likely one of the better ones and it had time travel.

Heck, yeah Beastmaster!  Anything with Tanya Roberts is worth watching. 

On January 2, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Arnold wrote about the second movie in his autobiography. He said there was a lot of studio interference trying to make the movie more kid friendly so they could start selling action figures.

Totally makes sense. I guess he refused to period pieces after this experience. 

On January 2, 2018 at 7:42 PM, peelout said:

Glad to hear you are an "original" Conan fan.

I kind of look like him, in that we both have 2 arms and 2 legs.

Is this the two of you?

movieposter.jpg

On January 3, 2018 at 12:46 AM, LouCarJo said:

We had very similar New Years - I also went to bed early on New Year’s Eve and spent about 3 hours out of my pyjamas on New Year’s Day (which was clearly the right thing to do as when I was dressed and took the dog out, some ****hole laid into me and would not let it drop about having him off a lead in a (really muddy) woods).  Thankfully our dog doesn’t care about fireworks so slept through.  

Hope your plague passes for the last bit of your vacation.

Thanks. Low-key New Year's are the best New Year's. 

On January 3, 2018 at 12:31 PM, shaar said:

OH NO THE PLAGUE >:[[[[[

I bet if you rolled around on the floor faster you could start burning some of those calories off!!!!  ROLL LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT, MAN!!!!!

some-kind-of-workout.gif

Imma start doing that. 

On January 3, 2018 at 12:48 PM, jstanlick said:

Hopefully the plague leaves the sloth residence forthwith!

Thanks.  The plague left when we did and came right back with us. 

On January 3, 2018 at 12:54 PM, PrincessMononoke said:

Merp. So sorry about the plague. Being sicky sucks.

giphy.webp

:) 

On January 3, 2018 at 6:26 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Plague bad. Plague evil. NOOOO plague, NOOOOO!

You our should up here; I think I need an exorcism. 

On January 3, 2018 at 7:49 PM, Sylvaa said:

Your pictures look so fun! Hope the plague is walking out the door and the chlorine kills everything!

Thanks :) I made that joke when we hit the pool.  I read your comment just before we left.  In the elevator up to our room a girl turned green, faced the corner and started vomiting everything she had ever eaten. Luckily our plague was easier on me than that and Slothboy already worked through his.  The parents looked seriously bummed. 

On January 3, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Elastigirl said:

:) dang-nabbed whippersnappers. 95% of the time my glasses were either on my head or on the end of my nose which is what convinced me to try bi-focals.  You're lucky you only need readers. I'm picturing you flexing on the whippersnappers when they get mouthy and scaring them off. 

On January 3, 2018 at 8:57 PM, maegs said:

I feel like showing up here a week late is right on theme ;) 

Sloth-1.jpg

Hope you're feeling better soon!

A a week late is right on time with me. 

On January 4, 2018 at 8:01 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Sorry to hear about the plague getting it's claws in your family.

I love my bifocals because I can actually see with them, but if I can go back to contacts next year, I'm doing it!

LOL on the book's level. It was probably written by someone who appreciates simplistic explanations, instead of big words that you first have to figure out the meaning of. Mil was sad for I don't know how long after the Lance Armstrong debacle, and I read somewhere there was another top racer in the Tour de France caught or something? But don't want to make you even more sad.

Hope the waterpark is a good Pick-me-upper (health-wise) for the family.

Thanks.  

Both books have the same author, same subject matter and chapters.  They're just tailored to their audience. 

I I was never a fan of Lance. Even as a new-pro I knew he was dirty. Yeah, Froome, the recent winner, was caught with too much asthma meds in his system.  He's allowed to use it, but... How does someone with asthma become the the best at the most aerobicly-demanding sport in the first place.  That never made sense to me. You won't convince me that there are any clean sports anymore.

On January 4, 2018 at 11:42 AM, Stribs said:

giphy.gif

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!

Thanks. The crud is still hanging on. Maybe I'll get better just in time to go back to work. 

On January 4, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Fonzico said:

It's because y'all are always falling and hitting your head on trees and whatnot emoji14.png

Hahaha.  You're not wrong about that. 

3 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Stay warm and get well!!!

:) 

31 minutes ago, peelout said:

The plague?  How does that compare to the dreaded "man cold"?

Image result for during labor the pain is so great

They're really quite similar. At least with a baby it's over in nine months.  I don't think I'm ever going to lose this man-flu.

• Like 10

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

The water park was great.  The kids, especially SlothBoy, who is somehow the middle child despite being the baby, had a blast. I've never really learned how to have fun in the water, but I could live on an inner tube on a lazy river if someone would throw me the occasional beer and bag of salty snacks. 

Instead I lived on RX bars, apples, and La Croix. The place had a few different restaurants, but the only thing slothbelly compliant was wings. We went out to eat dinner one night and brought food to eat around the pool for lunches. 

The first day the splash pad was closed down for a long time because of poop.  I also saw poop in the lazy river, but I didn't say anything because I paid too much to be have the pool shut down on me.  Also, I used to take care of the Y's pool and I know that nothing can live in that water.  They really only shut down the pool so you feel like it is safer and cleaner when they let you back in.

While the pad was shut down all the little kids went into the lazy river.  Which had a super-fast current.  I saw one little guy (3 or 4 y.o.) getting thrown around, pushed under, and thrashing.  He was really scared.  (He was wearing water wings; I didn't think he was gonna drown.) I quickly scanned and I didn't see an adult paying attention to him so I grabbed him by armpit and cleaned him up onto the deck.  His dad ran up shouting, "What are you doing!?!" I thought, shit I'm gonna get in a fight or get arrested.  But he was worried the kid was bothering me.  Whew. I floated on as quickly as I could. 

The giant water slides scared the living shit out of the slothlings. Which is weird, they love roller coasters. 

We paid extra for the suite, but their definition of a suite doesn't include a separate room for the kids. So no hotel room "yoga".

I told myself I would go to the 8:15 yoga class every night when I went to bed. Which isn't the same as actually going to the yoga class. 

I worked through the training bible. It had a couple of guided exercises to assess yourself.  Based on those I'm aerobicly strong, but not strong-strong, my technical skills are a limiter, and my mental game is weak. I'm working on the first two, but I don't know what to do about the mental side of racing. I might hire a coach in the spring to help me with my technical skills. 

I'm excited to get back to training tomorrow.  My hype is ooching back up. :) 

• Like 13

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Following! Waterpark sounds fun... but I thought you were in a winter country?

SA6nl14381252752.gif

• Like 1
Following! Waterpark sounds fun... but I thought you were in a winter country?

SA6nl14381252752.gif

It was. We are. The weather hasn't been above 0F (that's like -1,000 C) in a couple weeks. The water park is a giant enclosed place with an attached hotel.

That gif is great. Sloth's are way better swimmers than I am.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The weather hasn't been above 0F (that's like -1,000 C) in a couple weeks.

0F?! *horror*

I tried to find a gif of a sloth shivering... and accidentally learned that they can't shiver?!

Please accept this sneaky gif of you relaxing instead~

b9976a93c61b636f8770b3a9b0b95af3.gif

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The first day the splash pad was closed down for a long time because of poop.  I also saw poop in the lazy river, but I didn't say anything because I paid too much to be have the pool shut down on me.  

I have been chuckling for like a minute straight over this.  TURN A BLIND EYE MAN WE NEED OUR MONEY'S WORTH

Near my mom's place in Massachusetts there is one of those big ol' indoor waterpark/hotel dealies!  I think it's called Great Wolf Lodge?  ???  If I remember correctly the employees have to wear wolf ears?  Did you have this experience or perhaps this is A DIFFERENT animal-themed indoor waterpark/hotel or perhaps it's not animal themed at all.....

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

My hype is ooching back up.

I wonder if we can speed that up at all...

V87xUAo.gif

• Like 3

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

0F?! *horror*

I tried to find a gif of a sloth shivering... and accidentally learned that they can't shiver?!

Please accept this sneaky gif of you relaxing instead~

b9976a93c61b636f8770b3a9b0b95af3.gif

That is my happy place. It's about -20C right now.  I really don't know why I live here. 

Can an they not shiver because they're 100% slow twitch muscle?  I don't think I shiver either. At least I can't recall shivering...

Hi Sloth. Looks like things are going well. Following along.

Welcome back Roxy.  Yeah, things are good here. 

I have been chuckling for like a minute straight over this.  TURN A BLIND EYE MAN WE NEED OUR MONEY'S WORTH

Near my mom's place in Massachusetts there is one of those big ol' indoor waterpark/hotel dealies!  I think it's called Great Wolf Lodge?  ???  If I remember correctly the employees have to wear wolf ears?  Did you have this experience or perhaps this is A DIFFERENT animal-themed indoor waterpark/hotel or perhaps it's not animal themed at all.....

Same one. They bought out one near us and are in the middle of renovations, hence the Groupon.  Most of the employees seem to hate life. They all need a raise for having to put up vacationing families all day long. 

781c74e221f3c174e20a06f93a634f86.jpg

I wonder if we can speed that up at all...

V87xUAo.gif

I hope that'll clear out the phlegm in my lungs. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I I was never a fan of Lance. Even as a new-pro I knew he was dirty. Yeah, Froome, the recent winner, was caught with too much asthma meds in his system.  He's allowed to use it, but... How does someone with asthma become the the best at the most aerobicly-demanding sport in the first place.  That never made sense to me. You won't convince me that there are any clean sports anymore.

Fish slapping has stayed controversy free since it's inception.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

20 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I'm excited to get back to training tomorrow.  My hype is ooching back up. :) 

Follow through?  If not, your punishment should be no posting emoji's or gifs or whatever else they are called until you do.  And you know how much I love those. lol

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.