Sloth's hype is at 11!!!!

On 1/6/2018 at 4:29 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

How does someone with asthma become the the best at the most aerobicly-demanding sport in the first place.  That never made sense to me. You won't convince me that there are any clean sports anymore.

That is about word for word what Brandt asked his mom last year July when we visited her and they watched TdF. I forgot about that until you mentioned it now. She again pushed us to get DsTV so Brandt can start watching sports, and he said there is hardly any sport except maybe motor racing where the "professional" participant is clean. He isn't interested in watching what enhanced guys can do, neither watch them do their day job. It would be like him selling tickets for someone to come watch him programme, except he won't be taking drugs to do it. He wants to watch regular guys who really want to do the sport, and enjoy taking part for the fun of it.

• Like 5

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I was going to ask whether you kicked azz and exercised today or dusted the couch with your azz today, but then I remembered you have the plague so I'll give you a pass if you sat on it all day.  But only if....

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Mostly been dusting the couch with my ass. I put in the attempt the last three days. I got through the warm up/mobility junk and started lifting and called it a day. On Sunday I got through the hex bar deadlifts before calling it.

I retested my hex bar deadlifts, it's early, but I wanted the kettlebells, deadlifts, and cardio to be on the same cycle. I moved my max from 225# (102 kg) X 3 to 261# (118 kg) X 1. A theoretical gain of 20#. I think my back would appreciate if I stuck to tracking my 3 rep max from here on out.

I've got seven more weeks of base building planned. So more Zone 2 Riding, S&S, and daily deadlifts.

The junk cleared out of my lungs and the minor fever broke today. I think I'll be back at it tomorrow. I can't believe how long this plague hung on.

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The junk cleared out of my lungs and the minor fever broke today. I think I'll be back at it tomorrow. I can't believe how long this plague hung on.

giphy.webp

• Like 3

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 07/01/2018 at 10:48 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

That is about word for word what Brandt asked his mom last year July when we visited her and they watched TdF. I forgot about that until you mentioned it now. She again pushed us to get DsTV so Brandt can start watching sports, and he said there is hardly any sport except maybe motor racing where the "professional" participant is clean. He isn't interested in watching what enhanced guys can do, neither watch them do their day job. It would be like him selling tickets for someone to come watch him programme, except he won't be taking drugs to do it. He wants to watch regular guys who really want to do the sport, and enjoy taking part for the fun of it.

Same thoughts here.  I don’t get how they can talk about taking stuff to “level the playing field” because where does that stop - should someone with insufficient athletic ability to compete at a high level be entitled to enhance artificially their level so that they are then an athletic outlier and able to compete?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mostly been dusting the couch with my ass. I put in the attempt the last three days. I got through the warm up/mobility junk and started lifting and called it a day. On Sunday I got through the hex bar deadlifts before calling it.

I retested my hex bar deadlifts, it's early, but I wanted the kettlebells, deadlifts, and cardio to be on the same cycle. I moved my max from 225# (102 kg) X 3 to 261# (118 kg) X 1. A theoretical gain of 20#. I think my back would appreciate if I stuck to tracking my 3 rep max from here on out.

I've got seven more weeks of base building planned. So more Zone 2 Riding, S&S, and daily deadlifts.

It is said that 1RM is woolly anyway so tracking 2 or 3RMs better.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:42 PM, Xena said:

ok, it's probably sacrilege to mention this in the same breath, but I recently got sucked into the 2011 version...on Telemundo.  Because barbarians appear to be men of few words and the plot isn't too complicated (or even important to enjoying the movie), it's a pretty good movie for language learners (could keep up with it reasonably well).

I swear I surfed into that on Spanish TV too!

Here for Slothing, obvs. All of us who turn 50 this year should get together and RAGE

(in a safe way, that doesn't throw anyone's back or knees out, and allows us to go to bed at nine and not lose our reading glasses and... you know what let's just get tacos.)

• Like 8

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Hey Sloth - I'm late to the party but following along now. :) 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 1/5/2018 at 9:29 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I I was never a fan of Lance. Even as a new-pro I knew he was dirty. Yeah, Froome, the recent winner, was caught with too much asthma meds in his system.  He's allowed to use it, but... How does someone with asthma become the the best at the most aerobicly-demanding sport in the first place.  That never made sense to me. You won't convince me that there are any clean sports anymore.

I have no opinions one way or the other on this Froome guy, but fwiw at one point like half of my rugby team had asthma, including someone who played for Canada in the last rugby league world cup, so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah, we were talking about this at home around the time the Russians got banned from the Olympics, and I'm convinced that it's a matter of being good enough at it to not get caught - they wouldn't have known about the Russians but for a whistleblower, there's no way they're the only ones

9 hours ago, maegs said:

I have no opinions one way or the other on this Froome guy, but fwiw at one point like half of my rugby team had asthma, including someone who played for Canada in the last rugby league world cup, so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

According to my training partner half the peloton has "asthma". He has a friend (female, about 50) who's a serious triathlete who deliberately went to her doctor complaining of asthma symptoms so she could get an inhaler to use before races. And she's just doing regular triathalons, she's not a pro. But she wanted to make Kona this year and that's what she was willing to do to get an edge.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

On 1/8/2018 at 10:04 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

The junk cleared out of my lungs and the minor fever broke today. I think I'll be back at it tomorrow.

tumblr_m5ts7bCMv61r4zr2vo1_500.gif

• Like 1

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Hey Nerds, life's a little busy right now.  Mrs. Sloth went to Mexico with her sisters and mother. Running the family solo is kind of a hassle.  Mrs. Sloth is more the logistics and details person, I'm just the brawn.  Look for a full update and replys this weekend .

Somewhere along the way  I finished reading the Training Bible (both versions).  When I was a new racer an old guy took me under his wing and told me to ride easy for 1,000 miles for endurance, then add in hills to build strength, then do sprint workouts to get fast.  That could be the tl;dr of the book.  Although I haven't adhered to this since I started my comeback.  I'm too anxious to get in shape and ride hard right away and never really take any easy days. It'll be interesting to see what happens if I train smarter. 

@DJtrippyT if you want the road cyclist's version I'll send it to you.  I got it used in like-new shape, but I crossed out that douche bag's name wherever I saw it and wrote my zone levels in the margin.  Otherwise it's in good shape.  

I trained today, but won't ride the trainer because I'm about to shovel 8 miles of sidewalk. Yesterday I did about half my workout and rode the trainer for half an hour.  I started watching Red Sonja, but it's terribad so far. 

#lifegoals

• Like 15

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Red Sonja, but it's terribad so far. 

The "No Arnold, this totally isn't a third Conan Movie, it's something else entirely" Movie.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens if I train smarter. 

I think it's true that we tend to go too hard on our easy days and too easy on our hard days. 

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I can't believe I forgot to send you this at christmas

• Like 12

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

With Mrs. Sloth in Mexico the kids and I have been taking a vacation from people and from doing something every minute. It's been glorious, but it's all about to come to an end.  My dad just called.  I didn't have a whole lot of friends in high school, now I have one less.  Mike died a few days ago and the funeral is tomorrow.  In high school we used to sit in his basement, drink beer, and watch sword & sorcery or sci-fi movies.

Condolences arent necessary. I've only talked to him once or twice a year for the past couple of decades. He was actually the only of them that I talked to at all, even via the Internet. The ones that were on FB unfriended me, I assume because our political views are so different. Anyway...

i started the stove on fire tonight :) no harm, no foul.  Apparently I'm the old-fashioned-type of husband that can't manage himself in the kitchen. I could be the hapless sitcom dad.  

Since Peelout doesn't like content that doesn't discuss challenge goals and habit building, Since I've posted last I've thrown the kettlebell around, but I haven't ridden the trainer (Red Sonja has scared me off) or pulled the hex bar. I'll let you know tomorrow if I break this losing streak. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 7

Even if you didn't keep in touch, it's still hard to lose someone who was once a friend.

Glad you didn't burn the house down.

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27