• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Juice Bar (Guild Chat)

These GIFs just made my day (and have now also filled my phone XD)

Hi! I'm Blethan, and you'll see me here hanging around like a bad smell...

I'm most excited for a big career change, and a big move this year... cogs are turning, fingers are crossed!

But I'm also scared these changes will go the other way and I could end up worse off. But like they said, comfort is the enemy of progression... or something like that?

Also, The Greatest Showman has filled me full of “I can do anything” kinda hope XD

tenor.gif?itemid=10296339

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

I think the birds are largely responsible for moving it around.

The birds are largely responsible for moving it around. They make nests out of it and then it just starts growing in the new place. It also seeds dandelion style with little tufted seeds that float around on the wind, apparently. But it propagates more readily the first way. Seeds can be hit-and-miss. 

• Like 4

On 08/01/2018 at 12:57 PM, fleaball said:

Also, because we haven't heard from you in a while, paging @IAmInfinite! I hope you didn't get lost in the wilderness somewhere!

On 08/01/2018 at 4:33 PM, Wobbegong said:

I was just thinking about Infinite earlier today. Good of you to send out the call, Flea, thanks! 

Awww you guys  :D

I've been travelling (sometimes quite literally lost in the wilderness) for the past seven months, and still have another month and a half left before I get back home. I jump back in to monitor ever month or so but I do miss yall so much. 

Do you want my insta or something so you know I'm alive? (Actually temporarily on hold as I'm going through some sketchy countries)

But I have plans! And habits are being built even as my diet falls apart and I put on weight. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, IAmInfinite said:

I've been travelling (sometimes quite literally lost in the wilderness) for the past seven months, and still have another month and a half left before I get back home. I jump back in to monitor ever month or so but I do miss yall so much. 

Do you want my insta or something so you know I'm alive? (Actually temporarily on hold as I'm going through some sketchy countries)

But I have plans! And habits are being built even as my diet falls apart and I put on weight. 

Yay I'm glad you're alive! =P Be safe and continue to be alive! I'm awful at checking instagram so I'll let someone else follow you there.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

We'll be here when you come back, but you better have some great stories about all of your adventures!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, fleaball said:

Yay I'm glad you're alive! =P Be safe and continue to be alive! I'm awful at checking instagram so I'll let someone else follow you there.

4 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

We'll be here when you come back, but you better have some great stories about all of your adventures!

I shall indeed! I'll be back soon with some new lessons and tales and photos :D

But yall doing such a great job with running the challenges and minis and keeping everything so energetic!

• Like 4

On 1/28/2018 at 11:07 AM, IAmInfinite said:

I shall indeed! I'll be back soon with some new lessons and tales and photos :D

But yall doing such a great job with running the challenges and minis and keeping everything so energetic!

Glad you are alive. And I am so excited to hear all the things you learned and the stories when you get back. Have fun, we are here when your adventures end.

• Like 3

The challenge is almost over! (Or may already be over depending on when you started!)

How's everyone feeling about 2018? About their challenge?

Are you planning on sticking around or venturing out into the other guilds? Or maybe taking a break from the challenges?

If anyone needs help figuring out goals, you can post your ideas here and we can brainstorm together!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

The challenge is almost over! (Or may already be over depending on when you started!)

Are you planning on sticking around or venturing out into the other guilds? Or maybe taking a break from the challenges?

If anyone needs help figuring out goals, you can post your ideas here and we can brainstorm together!

I'm staying! 

But I just started a Daily Battle because I'm just itching for a new challenge!

I've been focusing on leg workouts at the gym all month (including arm workouts like push ups and dips) but I'm almost getting bored doing squats.  So I've always wanted to do chin ups, hanging chin ups.  I found this online and I'm going to do some drills to get me to hanging chin ups baby! It takes some time and practice, but if you follow the right steps, you'll be able to do one of the most badass exercises of all time.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Butternut said:

I've been focusing on leg workouts at the gym all month (including arm workouts like push ups and dips) but I'm almost getting bored doing squats.  So I've always wanted to do chin ups, hanging chin ups.  I found this online and I'm going to do some drills to get me to hanging chin ups baby! It takes some time and practice, but if you follow the right steps, you'll be able to do one of the most badass exercises of all time.

Pull ups and chin ups are great and you should totally go for it! (She says, not being able to perform either herself.) 

Re: "getting bored with squats" --> there are lots of ways to make your squats more intense if you feel like squats are great but just not challenging enough. I'm working my way toward pistol squats right now, currently doing shrimp squats. They're a lot of fun and a great party trick. 

Re: "step 1" on your Darebee image --> idk if there's a more thorough debrief that goes with this image but don't forget to "pack" your shoulders* as shown in the picture! That is to say, in the dead hang phase, don't let your arms be fully extended, because it puts too much pressure on your joints. Try reaching your arms above your head as high as they'll go, and then pulling your shoulders back down a bit with your arms still extended to get a feel for the pose you should be in. 

*packed shoulder knowledge courtesy of @zeroh13

• Like 3

Was it a roaring success? No. Did I make progress? Yes. So maybe THAT is a roaring success! Once I survive the frozen tundra next week, I'll continue building for the next challenge!

• Like 3

I'm feeling great ^^

I feel like maybe this year I can finally make the progress I had planned last year!

I look forward to road cycling season the most.

Already experienced improved upper leg strength thanks to spinning! (I can now stand up (from crouched position) using just my legs )

I'm gonna up the focus on my diet next challenge. Really going for it.

I am thinking about joining scouts, BUT I don't want to leave you lovely people behind

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I am thinking about joining scouts, BUT I don't want to leave you lovely people behind emoji4.png

You can always come visit Rebel challenges even if you're hanging out in the Scout guild, and I'm sure some of your friends from here will follow you where ever you go, especially if you provide links to your new challenge (which I notice you do in your signature! ;)). Go explore and have fun trying something new! Or, y'know, stay here if you feel more comfortable. Not like anyone's gonna kick you out. 

• Like 3

HEY EVERYBODY!!!

@zeroh13 and I are trying to be responsible guild leaders and put together some Mini challenges for you fabulous guild members, and it occurs to us that feedback is always super duper helpful. So I threw this survey together to get some intel on what kind of content you want. It's just nine quick questions and only the first one is required, so it shouldn't take too much of your time.

Here it is! 

Thanks for your help!!!

(Since a new challenge will be opening up shortly, I also put this link in our new Juice Bar, which you may or may not be able to see by the time you see this message. It's the exact same quiz, you don't have to take it twice.) 

• Like 2

Okay, so this challenge was.... broken..

I guess thats the only way to say it. I do great most of the week, then weekend comes and between holidays and then school starting, the weekend throws everything off and then Monday I was restarting just about every week. Looking back now, its a bit frustrating, but it wasn't too bad overall.

Biggest trouble with my goals for next challenge. finding some way to feel less offbalance and

rbAGX.gif

Problem is, I have never been very good at the whole "listen to yourself/body thing." My body is a jerk and says dumb things. But I think its more, I need to find a way to not just be school, work, mom, be healthy. I think I need to find a way to find time for something to recharge. How who knows.

• Like 4