Juice Bar (Guild Chat)

zeroh13

My challenge is going so-so. I need to revise my to-do list part of it. And look into why I'm not doing well at the goals I have low points in. 

6 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

I was just thinking about Infinite earlier today. Good of you to send out the call, Flea, thanks! 

I was too, actually.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Hi guys, I'm Taoin, I've done two challenges that were OK but the last one bombed and I lost progress. I'm hoping to respawn in this one.

And here's a gif (if it works!). My reaction to 2017, summed up...

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to in 2018. I guess to get some traction on my goals, so I progress instead of falling back? I have a year and about 25kg to lose, I want to see myself at least 10-15kg lighter and see what a difference that can make?

For what I fear, my toddler is more progressing to preschool at the end of the month and he has Down Syndrome so there are a lot of issues. Not sure how we'll be able to cope and if I have the energy to work on my health goals when there is so much going on with him. Also I've had some issues with depression last year, and I'm worried I'll slide back into it. But I have to start somewhere though, so here I am...

On the plus side, I'm here! Yay me! 

• Like 7

So there's 4 weeks left in the challenge now. If you started early, how's it going? If you're just getting started, woohoo!

It's going so-so.
IF is going quite alright, better than expected.
Other goals are not going as well.
I'm currently working on organizing all my "wants".
Hopefully to not feel as overwhelmed in my free time.
I need systems, because of my autism, I don't do well with "just winging it".

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 4

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

So there's 4 weeks left in the challenge now. If you started early, how's it going? If you're just getting started, woohoo! 

To be honest, I am not sure how my challenge is going. Overall I feel okay, however, I have had a number of days that just didn't happen due to family commitments. Either I called the day a non -challenge day (Jan 1st) or I called it a challenge day and I didn't do like anything. So that is frustrating. But at the same time, those were days (basically this weekend) where we had all day family commitments (the weekend). So I think the big thing here will be trying to find ways to do stuff over the very very busy weekends (which should be a known issue by now).  Overall score is a 77%

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

Also, because we haven't heard from you in a while, paging @IAmInfinite! I hope you didn't get lost in the wilderness somewhere!

Okay, I was thinking about Infinite too the other day. Creepy

• Like 3

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

14 hours ago, fleaball said:

So there's 4 weeks left in the challenge now. If you started early, how's it going? 

True to form, nursing a brand new injury.  I don't think I've made it through a challenge without one!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

You're a ghost driving a meat coated skeleton made from stardust.  What do you have to be afraid of?

Current Challenge - Starting Anew

Wait - so the challenge officially started this weekend?  HEY - I'm on track! WOOT!!!!!

Now to stay on target!

• Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

18 hours ago, Taoin Sisu said:

Not sure how we'll be able to cope and if I have the energy to work on my health goals when there is so much going on with him. Also I've had some issues with depression last year

As they say on the plane, put your oxygen mask to breathe on first, so you can help others breathe (or something like that). It is hard to hear when there are big needs, but still true.

And on the plus side YOU'RE HERE! YAY YOU!

giphy.gif

• Like 5

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

Hey, Happy NF Anniversary to me! One year in!

I want to reflect on what it's meant, but for now, time just to celebrate being with some great folks, and making  some important changes in my life.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

18 minutes ago, Mahalak said:

I want to reflect on what it's meant, but for now, time just to celebrate being with some great folks, and making  some important changes in my life.

giphy.gif

Hey!! Happy anniversary!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

38 minutes ago, Mahalak said:

giphy.gif

Happy anniversary!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

giphy.gif
Happy anniversary!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Does anyone have a flamethrower I can borrow indefinitely? We're getting more snow this week and I'm already tired of it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Does anyone have a flamethrower I can borrow indefinitely? We're getting more snow this week and I'm already tired of it. 

All you need is hairspray and a match or lighter! (And maybe a fire extinguisher just in case.) 

• Like 2

Not sure how this helps? Can I just annoy the snow away?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I am kinda with you. We got snow last night. On the upside we had like a day where it was all sunny and nice that melted the stuff from the last snowfall away. Right now, I would be happy if it would warm up.  Feeling like I am on Hoth is not something I want to deal with.

• Like 3

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

All you poor people :(

We just have rain and it's chilly.
(~5-10 degrees Celsius)

Spam from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Siferiax said:

All you poor people :(

We just have rain and it's chilly.
(~5-10 degrees Celsius)

I'm the same except it only rains sometimes and it's not even that chilly. ~7-14°C (44-58°F)

We've been getting some intense fog for the past week or so though. It's usually only this foggy in summer and only in the morning, so that's a little surprising I guess? It does make for anxious driving conditions. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

We had the most intense fog here the other day. Silent Hill levels of intense. And it lasted all day. So, I had to walk home in the dark, and the fog, past some mansions that are already spooky enough on a normal night!

There's not an appropriate horrified reaction face for this but I'm sorry. I was on vacation once and walking back to my place through a dense fog and all the trees had that intense Spanish moss and it was very creepy, so I feel you. I felt like something was going to jump out at me. No thanks. 

"Silent Hill levels" sounds about accurate though, and ours is camping out all day too. :/ 

This is what Spanish moss looks like in a tree for anyone who has never had the dubious pleasure* of encountering it: 

spanish_moss.jpg

*It's actually quite pretty and often cultivated on purpose, but some people consider it a pest. And it's super creepy on really foggy nights. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

This is what Spanish moss looks like in a tree for anyone who has never had the dubious pleasure* of encountering it: 

spanish_moss.jpg

Reminds me of home..... (I'm originally from right outside of Charleston, SC and there's TONS of Spanish Moss in the Oak trees just like that)

• Like 4

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

Things I learned today while looking at pictures of Spanish moss: 

1. It's neither a moss nor a parasite at all. It's closer to a pineapple and doesn't set roots in the tree. It feeds on moisture (primarily from fog) and dirt particles in the air. 

2. It's not from Spain. It's actually native to the Southern US as far west as Texas, as well as Mexico and parts of Central America. French explorers originally named it "Spanish Beards" after the scraggly beards of Spanish explorers. The Spanish tried to get back at them by calling it "French Hair" but it didn't catch on. 

3. You can make cloth out of it. You can also use it as kindling for a fire, decoration, and roofing. 

4. It is useless as livestock feed because it has basically no nutritional value (which seems odd because some livestock can eat hay which also has basically no nutritional value but ok). 

5. There are a lot of myths about it, including one about some asshole who bought a young Native American for a wife and when she ran away he chased her and got caught in a tree, leaving his beard behind. (He died in the tree and she got away.) 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Things I learned today while looking at pictures of Spanish moss: 

1. It's neither a moss nor a parasite at all. It's closer to a pineapple and doesn't set roots in the tree. It feeds on moisture (primarily from fog) and dirt particles in the air. 

2. It's not from Spain. It's actually native to the Southern US as far west as Texas, as well as Mexico and parts of Central America. French explorers originally named it "Spanish Beards" after the scraggly beards of Spanish explorers. The Spanish tried to get back at them by calling it "French Hair" but it didn't catch on. 

3. You can make cloth out of it. You can also use it as kindling for a fire, decoration, and roofing. 

4. It is useless as livestock feed because it has basically no nutritional value (which seems odd because some livestock can eat hay which also has basically no nutritional value but ok). 

5. There are a lot of myths about it, including one about some asshole who bought a young Native American for a wife and when she ran away he chased her and got caught in a tree, leaving his beard behind. (He died in the tree and she got away.) 

Oh, I had no idea this stuff was called Spanish moss and that it grew elsewhere from Hawaii!  I thought it was a native Hawaiian plant because in Hawaii we call it Pele's (the volcano goddess) hair and there was some legend about it that I can't remember anymore.  We used to have a bunch of it in our mango tree.  I don't know how if got there or where it ran off to.  I think the birds are largely responsible for moving it around. 

• Like 3

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!