• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WolfDreamer

The Trading Post

canstockphoto0723540.jpg

This is the place where Adventurers and guests can gather for general chat and for trading ideas, motivation, music, and stories of your adventures.

If you're new to the Adventurers or here as a guest, welcome to our guild and please introduce yourself. The guild leaders are myself, @Sylvaa, and @Teros so please feel free to message one of us if you have questions about the guild and the forum.

• Like 3

3b6.png

Trading post you say?

I'm more than happy to open my store of weblinks for health, nutrition, motivation, entertainment, discounts/deals...

In exchange for more links. I'm always happy to add to my collection. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Korranation said:

I'm always happy to add to my collection.

Well, these sites are the ones responsible for transforming how I view fitness and health:

MOVEMENT:

MovNat

Exuberant Animal

Mark's Daily Apple

Uncaged Man

Evolve Move Play

Ido Portal

HEALTHY LIFESTYLE:

Revolutionary Act (this is a really cool "portal" that lists 101 Revolutionary Ways to be Healthy; if you click on "Read More" under each one it takes you to some sources).

Wim Hof Method

Spartan

MEDITATION/BREATHING:

Stop, Breathe & Think

Insight Timer

The Oxygen Advantage

Wim Hof Method (again)

And of course THIS is the video that started it all for me.

Those are just a few. I didn't mention some of the ones that are specifically for men (such as Soulcon), and I'm sure I left some things out.

• Like 3

I've strayed regularly from the NF path but seem to keep coming back and considering doing a quest. And just, y'know. Improving my life.

I've been reading about minimalism and budgeting quite a bit lately because my life's been feeling a bit...missing.

I've been struggling with depression (and I had a lot of awesome stuff happen in 2017) and needing to do something about it.

Part of that something is mental. Part of that something is physical.

I'll see if I can knock together a quest to start before the 1st.

• Like 6

On 12/28/2017 at 7:32 PM, pureleeawesome said:

I'll see if I can knock together a quest to start before the 1st.

Welcome! You will find plenty of awesome and helpful people in this guild. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 1

So, for those of you who use multiple interfaces for your goals, how do you maintain those without computer/social media burnout? 

For example, I use MFP, Habitica, NF Academy, NF forums, and occasionally create my own spreadsheets. In the past I have also used other tools such as Duolingo and Headspace. Each tool has different uses, but I get burned out of, ok, before I bed I need to update (MFP, Habitica, NF, etc). It's especially annoying when I'm clicking off the same or a similar box on multiple sites, but at the same time, if I make a task exclusive to one tool, that can cause other tools to lose effectiveness, and if I have too many tools to check off I eventually forget one.  I am sure there has to be a way to integrate the tools and their different uses in a less obtrusive and less repetitive way.  I've tried a few different methods but haven't settled on one I'm truly happy with yet. This is something I'll be tinkering with perfecting going into the new year.

I am curious how you guys manage it? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CallunaTook said:

I am curious how you guys manage it? 

Okay, so first of all, how did I not realize you were part of the Academy? Off to stalk until I figure out who you are!

Secondly, I'm not very good at this either, but I'm working on it. I get what you are talking about though. For me, what seem to work best is picking one main tool to use and use the others as supplemental. For example, I'll choose Academy quests and check them off daily on another tool. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Okay, so first of all, how did I not realize you were part of the Academy? Off to stalk until I figure out who you are!

Wait... is there a social aspect to the Academy? I'm not in Rising Heroes... Oh right. The Facebook. I don't do FB at all... I come here instead.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CallunaTook said:

Wait... is there a social aspect to the Academy? I'm not in Rising Heroes... Oh right. The Facebook. I don't do FB at all... I come here instead.

Yeah, I am a member of the FB group, but I don't like it. But no FB = no stalking. Boo!

BUT you can join Korra and I in a Habitica group if you need one!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CallunaTook said:

Habitica, NF Academy,

4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Yeah, I am a member of the FB group, but I don't like it. But no FB = no stalking. Boo!

BUT you can join Korra and I in a Habitica group if you need one!

And I was looking forward to FB stalking you @CallunaTook

Just send me your habitica profile code and I'll add you to the coolest NF party this side of the forum ;) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

But no FB = no stalking. Boo!

6 hours ago, Korranation said:

And I was looking forward to FB stalking you

@Sylvaa totally FB stalked me. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greetings from the Scouts Guild!!

ALERT: Are you writing in a journal in general, or as part of your goals? I have started a new thread in the Accountabilibuddies just for you. If you are inclined to check it out, head right this way. Hope to see you there!

500% in agreement with there being back to work blues :P

I've been going in the last few days (and will today) for short periods while we are on leave but Monday everyone is back and I'm honestly dreading it.

• Like 1