• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Oh!  How lovely!   Of course, we don't blame you!  That all you can eat sushi sounds wonderful~.  ...and I now want pancakes.   It's good to hear you had such a nice weekend.  

The all you can eat is usually lesser quality, but still omnomnom.
It's surprising how much I think I can eat and how little I can actually eat... ;)
It's part of my trouble with IF, I can't seem to get a large enough fill at one meal. But I'm not sure how much of my morning hunger is mind tricks/thirst/habit. Oh well. Working to consistently do 14 hour fasts ^^

But have you actually had Dutch pancakes?! ^^

Traditionele%20pannekoeken%20WEB_MR.jpg

rogge-pannenkoeken-spek-kaas-04.jpg

pannenkoeken-cra-pes-restaurant-de-hop-2-0-suggestie-e8aeb.jpg

pannenkoeken-saam.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have ideas about how to do the next challenge.

I actually have 8 habits I wish to work on.

But I realize I can't do all of them equally.

So I gave each a passing grade. What I need to get to count as succes.

Here's what I have for next challenge

Diet

No snacking (every weekday / 50%)

Intermittent fasting (14 hours / every day / 100%)

Drink 2 bottles of water (every weekday / 100%)

Exercise

Therapy (every day / 25%)

Walking (every week / 100%)

Cycling / Spinning (every week / 50%)

Life

Take medication (every day / 25%)

Creativity (every week / 0%)

Maybe it's weird to have creativity at 0%, but it's not a focus point right now.

Main focus is IF, drinking water and walking.

No snacking and cycling are most important to me next and at the end is the rest of them.

I was thinking if I make the habit goal I can up the pass percentage. If the percentage is at 100% I can make the habit more difficult (if necessary).

These are the 8 habits that are important to me and that I need to work on.

• Like 3

Yesterday I actually took period medication. I was forced to by my BF ^^;
He's sweet and looking out for me and trying to get me to do things I should, but don't want to.

Fasting is still a thing, and drinking water too.
Therapy/PT is very meh.

I barely fit into one of my jeans though.
So I need to make slimming down more of an immediate goal. (I don't say losing weight on purpose here!)
But I know it's probably the hardest thing ever.
I hope the diet habits I mentioned are going to help. I do not look forward to having to actually change my diet :|

• Like 3

On 1/22/2018 at 2:10 PM, Siferiax said:

But have you actually had Dutch pancakes?! ^^

Ohhhh!  I need to have these right nooooooooooow~!  They look SO GOOD.  :D

19 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I have ideas about how to do the next challenge.

I actually have 8 habits I wish to work on.

But I realize I can't do all of them equally.

So I gave each a passing grade. What I need to get to count as succes.

Here's what I have for next challenge

Nice!  I like the list with the percentages.  It's good to know what you want to focus on, so you know where to spend your energy. :)

So I need to make slimming down more of an immediate goal. (I don't say losing weight on purpose here!)

Exactly!  You could actually gain weight from muscle, but your body could slim down to a different shape.  I remember I was a bit discouraged in the beginning because the scale just wouldn't change even though the weight was actually redistributing.

But I know it's probably the hardest thing ever.
I hope the diet habits I mentioned are going to help. I do not look forward to having to actually change my diet :|

You can do it, Sif!  :D   Every little step and habit building process will help you get there! 

• Like 1

Ohhhh!  I need to have these right nooooooooooow~!  They look SO GOOD. 

Yes they are

Ingredients

2 eggs

0.5 liters milk

242 grams flowers

16 grams baking powder

Pinch of salt

(Optional some cinnamon powder)

Slowly mix the solid stuffs with the liquid stuff. Careful to not get clumps

Heat a bit of butter in a flat pan.

Pour in some of the mixture that the pan has a thin layer in it.

Bake on both sides (medium heat, do experiment) till brown. And there you go. Basic pancake

Cheese variation

First pour grated cheese in the pan and then pour the mixture on top of it. Then bake as normal.

Other things.

You can put bacon in while baking as well.

Toppings for after baking

Any probably?!

I usually use powdered sugar and/or "stroop" which is a little like syrup only thicker.

The toppings added at the baking process can get as diverse as the toppings for a pizza XD

And there even pancake varieties that have ice cream on it after baking.

Nutella is also a favorite topping to add ^^

Have fun

Nice!  I like the list with the percentages.  It's good to know what you want to focus on, so you know where to spend your energy.

Thank you! I'll try my best.

You can do it, Sif!     Every little step and habit building process will help you get there! 

Thanks I'm still excited to do these challenges!

• Like 2

Did all the spinning at the gym :o
First did 20 min of actual lesson, it was a beginner lesson and I went all for it and totally worked up a sweat :)

Then did 30 more minutes but lower intensity.
Partly trying to see how I could influence my toe problem.

My BF put the clips of my shoes all the way back to hopefully relieve pressure from the front of my foot. This helped, but next time I have to tune my bike better and/or try to go for longer at higher intensity to see how it goes.

Either way it was fun and I did a lot.

We didn't finish dinner until 20:30...
So I have to also hang on till 10:30 with fasting instead of the usual 9:00.
But I had a good dinner and chomped down a little extra compared to normal.

• Like 3

Fasting has happened for enough time, little more actually, 14.5 hours.

Also went to the store today to buy new shoes.

1. I couldn't find the store at first, it wasn't on the floor plan and I plainly walked past it as it's on a corner just out of view when you walk 1 way. On the way back I saw it though! So relieved as I was disappointed I wouldn't be able to get new shoes today (I go to a specific brand for specific reasons)

2. I tried numerous shoes, but as all failed, I was getting again kinda troubled I wouldn't be able to buy better shoes ;-; but then we just went to the men shoes and I found the perfect one there!!

3. Yes men shoes. I have a size of shoe that's hard to get in women's sizing. So men's it is.
I'm really happy with them though. They feel so good :)

Hopefully walking the little bits to/from/at work will feel better now and don't cause me so much trouble anymore.
(I first was just wearing my walking shoes, but they're now covered in mud XD)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Yes they are emoji4.png

Ingredients

2 eggs

0.5 liters milk

242 grams flowers

16 grams baking powder

Pinch of salt

(Optional some cinnamon powder)

Slowly mix the solid stuffs with the liquid stuff. Careful to not get clumps

Heat a bit of butter in a flat pan.

Pour in some of the mixture that the pan has a thin layer in it.

Bake on both sides (medium heat, do experiment) till brown. And there you go. Basic pancake emoji4.png

Cheese variation

First pour grated cheese in the pan and then pour the mixture on top of it. Then bake as normal.

Other things.

You can put bacon in while baking as well.

Toppings for after baking

Any probably?!

I usually use powdered sugar and/or "stroop" which is a little like syrup only thicker.

The toppings added at the baking process can get as diverse as the toppings for a pizza XD

And there even pancake varieties that have ice cream on it after baking.

Nutella is also a favorite topping to add ^^

Have fun emoji6.png

Ohh!  Thank you! :D I think I might make these tonight... (but I might try dividing it in half since there's just me and my cat, and my cat doesn't really count because he shouldn't be eating my pancakes anyways :P ) I have a huge box of strawberries that I think would be lovely with  these.  :D  Ice cream sounds amazing too~!

3 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Fasting has happened for enough time, little more actually, 14.5 hours.

Awesome job!  Go, Sif! :D  

3 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I'm really happy with them though. They feel so good :)

Yay!  I'm happy you got your new shoes!  Good new shoes really are so important.  Hoping these work for you and let you do all the fun things! :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Ohh!  Thank you! :D I think I might make these tonight... (but I might try dividing it in half since there's just me and my cat, and my cat doesn't really count because he shouldn't be eating my pancakes anyways :P ) I have a huge box of strawberries that I think would be lovely with  these.  :D  Ice cream sounds amazing too~!

Welcome :D Yeah this is what me and my BF would eat for dinner.

Also yup strawberries are an excellent topping!

7 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Awesome job!  Go, Sif! :D  

Yay!  I'm happy you got your new shoes!  Good new shoes really are so important.  Hoping these work for you and let you do all the fun things! :D 

Thank you :D I mainly hope they will make sure my feet don't hurt in my daily life :P

Walking/Hiking/etc will be done on my excellent (also new!) walking shoes :D

I really hope I'm set for the next couple of years.

• Like 2

Woohoo!!! Was kinda what I was feeling last night.
I did a pretty intense spinning session and my body decided to not suck for at least the first 20 mins.
First 10 mins was building, but second 10 mins managed an average heart rate of 85%.
After that my legs kind of died and I couldn't keep doing the lesson itself, but I did keep cycling the rest of the way :)

It was funny because it was at my parents and mom has a subscription to virtual spinning lessons (the same as we have in the gym, so yay!) And a sort of but not quite spinning bike (as in a spinning bike will keep spinning the peddles even when you stop and this one doesn't, which makes standing on it a bit of a hassle)
So mom and BF came back from their run (main reason we go there weekly) and they and my dad all came up to the attic to see how I was doing XD

So I was like "guys I'm kinda feeling pressure right now" and we all had a good laugh and they pulled me through the remaining lesson. I gave just a little bit more thanks to them ^^

I know I trained hard as I just COULDN'T get out of bed or work fast. So I'm late right now! In the train that's 15 mins later than my usual one. Gah.
But it's ok. It's Friday and I worked hard yesterday!!

Let's see how fasting goes...
Ended eating at about 20:30 + trained hard.

• Like 3

Woohoo!!! Was kinda what I was feeling last night.
I did a pretty intense spinning session and my body decided to not suck for at least the first 20 mins.
First 10 mins was building, but second 10 mins managed an average heart rate of 85%.
After that my legs kind of died and I couldn't keep doing the lesson itself, but I did keep cycling the rest of the way

It was funny because it was at my parents and mom has a subscription to virtual spinning lessons (the same as we have in the gym, so yay!) And a sort of but not quite spinning bike (as in a spinning bike will keep spinning the peddles even when you stop and this one doesn't, which makes standing on it a bit of a hassle)
So mom and BF came back from their run (main reason we go there weekly) and they and my dad all came up to the attic to see how I was doing XD

So I was like "guys I'm kinda feeling pressure right now" and we all had a good laugh and they pulled me through the remaining lesson. I gave just a little bit more thanks to them ^^

I know I trained hard as I just COULDN'T get out of bed or work fast. So I'm late right now! In the train that's 15 mins later than my usual one. Gah.
But it's ok. It's Friday and I worked hard yesterday!!

Let's see how fasting goes...
Ended eating at about 20:30 + trained hard.

It's lovely to have such supportive people around :)
Well done with thee session!
What do you mean with spinning subscription? Is it like a video to follow?
  • Like 1

It's lovely to have such supportive people around
Well done with thee session!
What do you mean with spinning subscription? Is it like a video to follow?

I know I love my family :D

Thank you!

Yes they are video lessons with a person on a spinning bike and a video behind them of some beautiful landscape route they filmed :)
The instructor will also comment on the video sometimes which is funny.

• Like 3

Alone again and I had to hurry out the door this morning so no proper good byes :(

Anyway...
I didn't get French fries this time. But did get all the bread stuff :3

Work was fun, as half the day was an ICT introduction program.
It was interesting!

Wednesday I am expected in the hospital again.
I should prep questions for it, but meh.

• Like 2

Progress report. Now already on all habits. But I didn't really have specific targets like I will next challenge. Decided that get everything at 100% isn't very realistic.

No snacking: 31%

Intermittent fasting: 68% (proving to be useful for not snacking)

Drink 2 bottles of water: 69%

Physical Therapy: 9%

Walking: 100%

Cycling / Spinning: 60%

Take medication: 14%

Creativity: 20%

• Like 2

I think I must really like spinning.
Because I went through an idiotic amount of trouble to do it.
And then only lasted for nearly nothing thanks to my foot >->

But I thought to check out the gym close to home as they would get spinning bike in January and the site said they had them.
Well NOPE. They didn't, not until March...
So I complained the site said they did and they would contact their supervisor to tell them this.

Also they redirected me to the other gym somewhere else that I hadn't been to before.
(It's a branch and they have many gyms around the country you can use)
It was at least closer than my regular gym (consider from where I was at the moment)

So I resolved to go there. Checked public transport and there I went.

Except I didn't notice I would have to walk 10 minutes through a park in the dark. And it kinda has a bad rep.
So very disheartened I wanted to turn back, take the bus home.

But then I noticed the tram stopped like closer to the gym. Sure one stop, but fuck it I'm not giving up and I'll be "lazy" but not scared.

So I took that one stop, walked the rest of the way, and arrived at the gym!
Where I promptly couldn't enter.....
Took the miss behind the glass..... Glass.... Why the.... Right I'm in the best neighborhood it seems. As my regular and close to home gyms don't have glass.
Anyway. It took her awhile to understand I had checked out at the other gym and could enter this one -sigh-. The auto system was blocking my entry and I was confused.

I basically confronted her that the system must've registered me leaving the other place. It had. So I don't understand the block, but oh well.
(She was literally like "someone else is sporting on your pass at that other location"... I was a little dumbfounded...)

So I was quite impressed at the size of the gym... On my way to the change rooms I passed the cycling room and got a little excited. They had a dedicated room for it!
So I got changed went in... It was awesome!!!
I had to wait a little bit for the next lesson to start.

By then it was 19:00... I had left work on the train of 16:30.... Shit...

Anyway the lesson went well, until the moment my foot decided to be annoying. I tried to remedy it, but it wouldn't let me and eventually I had to quit.

Still I was on that bike moving for the better part of 30 mins.

I was home past 20:00... And I'm actually gonna prep for bed now. It's been a long day and in the evening I only really did get to the gym and back...........

Tomorrow is hospital day. I hope to get some help for my foot then. Some real and useful help. We'll see.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

Tomorrow is hospital day. I hope to get some help for my foot then. Some real and useful help. We'll see.

*Fingers crossed* Good luck!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

Hope they can do something for your foot!  

46 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

I think I must really like spinning.
Because I went through an idiotic amount of trouble to do it.
And then only lasted for nearly nothing thanks to my foot >->

Haha, yay!  I'm glad you've found something you love that much.  Exercise doesn't seem like work when it's fun. :D  ...just don't injure yourself, please!  We like you whole and healthy, Sif! :P 

• Like 2

Haha, yay!  I'm glad you've found something you love that much.  Exercise doesn't seem like work when it's fun.   ...just don't injure yourself, please!  We like you whole and healthy, Sif!  
True enough. I love road cycling too, else I wouldn't go through my trauma every season to get back on that bike ^^;

I hope not to injure myself. I'm actually pretty good at listening to my body in regards to pain. Other areas not so much lol.
So long as it's just my foot acting up it's fine.

I'm currently on my way to the hospital! Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Guys I wanna do stats again!
So after this challenge I will give myself the following starting stats:

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 1 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Reminder of what's what:

Strength (STR) - physical strength
Dexterity (DEX) - agility and speed
Stamina (STA) - Endurance and Energy
Constitution (CON) - ability to resist damage and disease
Wisdom (WIS) - intuition and sense of things around himself
Charisma (CHA) - force of personality and physical attractiveness

I'm excited for life and exercise and it feels good ^^

• Like 2

Hospital was a really short visit hihi.
But they will do something for biking and I will get a call for an appointment. Best part? They'll do it for free :o and I don't have to leave my shoes there. They do it on the spot.
And them being the company who did my shoe soles as well.

Seems that my foot bones get shifted due to pressure on my forefoot and they press on my toe nerves and bam everything starts going downhill.
It's because my forefoot is sagged. So there's no support there. And the solution is to give it support :)

So that's good news and I really hope it's gonna help. If not they had some other ideas as well.
And between now and a year I can just call for an appointment without needing a new referral.
Which is great!

• Like 2

Past got flung in my face this morning and it was super painful and not the thing I wanted to wake up to.
I'm not going into details for my own sanity.

BF gave me all the cuddles and love though. And helped me by prepping food for me.
Because on top of having half a breakdown I had to also hurry out the door.

Shitty start of the day. Bleh.
Hopefully tonight I can get it all out with spinning.

Last progress report for this challenge!

No snacking: 27%
Intermittent fasting: 62%
Drink 2 bottles of water: 73%
Physical Therapy: 7%
Cycling / Spinning: 83%
Take medication: 12%
Creativity: 17%

• Like 1

Last progress report for this challenge!

No snacking: 27%
Intermittent fasting: 62%
Drink 2 bottles of water: 73%
Physical Therapy: 7%
Cycling / Spinning: 83%
Take medication: 12%
Creativity: 17%

• Like 1