• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

UnquietBones

UnquietBones is off to a good start!

It's been a bad week. The new senior IT leadership had an initial meet and greet and it looks like our worst case scenario guesses may come true. So I took a little bit, recentered myself, and am trying to focus on the good things now and not worry about hypothetical bad things. I am quite proud that I've been able to keep on bringing lunches (and breakfasts) to work on a 4/5+ win ratio. I also badslid a little on the 'drink things that are not Diet Coke', but I'm crawling back of that ditch as well.

I got two happy bits of art done-- the custom horse made it safely through the USPS and was much loved by the new owner and the custom base & fence were approved and got out on time. I got out for two doggie walks while the weather was nice and I've made some good progress in starting to cook dinners again instead of eating out.

So it was a bad time, but I didn't give up! :D:D *has a small happy cheering section* Normally this sort of stress/forecasting/fore-guessing? would have kicked me into a turtle-mode where I did nothing but work, sleep, and surf the interwebs. So I'm getting better, little by little... I can't wait to see where I am at the end of 2018! *dance*

Speaking to the actual challenge, I am finding being mindful is much easier to remember to do now. When I pick up a Diet Coke, I think about what I am doing. When I eat food, I think about what I am eating. All of it is done at the time of the action or as pre-action and very little of it is coming after the fact now. I think part of this might be the fact I stopped the allergy meds and my brain is my own again... but it's a nice feeling either way! :lol:;)

• Like 2

On 1/24/2018 at 3:44 PM, UnquietBones said:

Speaking to the actual challenge, I am finding being mindful is much easier to remember to do now. When I pick up a Diet Coke, I think about what I am doing. When I eat food, I think about what I am eating. All of it is done at the time of the action or as pre-action and very little of it is coming after the fact now. I think part of this might be the fact I stopped the allergy meds and my brain is my own again... but it's a nice feeling either way! :lol:;)

Part of it might be, but don't forget the hard work and effort that you put into making that happen, too. Grats on not giving up and even making progress through a bad week. Keeping fingers crossed that this one improves. 

• Like 1