Wild Wolf

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Disc Golf-does anyone on the boards Frolf/Disc Golf?

This one is on me. I have been wanting to find something we could do together for awhile. I started with Gaelic football, but it got hard to do that together with the pups and then me getting pregnant. We had so much fun playing disc golf together I know that encouraged this discussion, plus  @Wild Wolf knows "happy wife happy life" ;) 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Get your RangerBrain in line son!!!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor keep it together gif

I think someones a little jealous ;).  TBH, this is the best my RangerBrain's been since I ran my Spartan in 2015. Since I'm only climbing, lifting, and occasionally rucking/hiking, I'm taking the @Sloth the Enduring approach to 2018 and doing what feels like that week/day. And since I cut out Gaelic Football, I need another outdoorsy type thing to do that's cost effective and fun. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor well you know gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor kicking ass gif

Hell yeah!

whoopass.jpg

1 hour ago, Red1263 said:

I'm with Raxie! You guys are hilarious! 

A mini-threadjack from the Doodlies is bound to create some laughter ;) 

27 minutes ago, Terra said:

Big girl panties have been installed...

45728010000c9462d6769353f5a79e50--big-gi

Dang! I need to throw on mine too!

giphy.webp

8 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Chillin' B)

Tonight is the Feelgoods' 14th anniversary, so we're conscripting Bubbles to babysit while the progenitors sneak away to find a reasonable approximation of a "fancy" dinner here in Buttcrack, Oklahoma.  That marks the end of our annual 6-week holiday/birthday/anniversary madness (still a couple more in Feb, but those are easy), and I'm deferring my challenge start to next week.  I think I've got a way forward that you'll be proud of.

Nice man! That sounds like a great time waiting to happen!! You and MDFG will have a good time tonight. Do you need any of your virility back just in case???

giphy.gif

I wait in anticipation for your first challenge of 2018!! I'm already proud of you so now we're just adding to it :D 

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

Back into the Groove..Groovefeature.jpg

Hey TGP! Welcome! 

giphy.webp

8 minutes ago, PrincessMononoke said:

This one is on me. I have been wanting to find something we could do together for awhile. I started with Gaelic football, but it got hard to do that together with the pups and then me getting pregnant. We had so much fun playing disc golf together I know that encouraged this discussion, plus  @Wild Wolf knows "happy wife happy life" ;) 

I blame my wife!!!

....but for real. We had a blast. I'm excited about checking out that park near us this weekend :D 

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf

Class: Hero/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Triforce

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

5 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Nice man! That sounds like a great time waiting to happen!! You and MDFG will have a good time tonight. Do you need any of your virility back just in case???

Did you not catch that I've been married for 14 years?  Of course I don't need it back. :lol:  We're just going to end up eating too much dinner, deciding there's room for ice cream anyway, then falling asleep on the couch while watching Netflix. ;)

Plus the ceremony for returning virility requires some advance planning.  I mean I've got buckets and old shower curtains, and I can get most of what's needed at the grocery on short notice, but where am I going to find a komodo dragon in the next five hours?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Spreadsheets

6 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Did you not catch that I've been married for 14 years?  Of course I don't need it back. :lol:  We're just going to end up eating too much dinner, deciding there's room for ice cream anyway, then falling asleep on the couch while watching Netflix. ;)

This sounds like our anni last year!
Joey+and+Ross+nap.gif

7 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Plus the ceremony for returning virility requires some advance planning.  I mean I've got buckets and old shower curtains, and I can get most of what's needed at the grocery on short notice, but where am I going to find a komodo dragon in the next five hours?

And this explains the bite marks. ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, PrincessMononoke said:

Me too! Better start practicing!! 
tumblr_okjxdtRSom1vnq1cro1_400.gif

Yup!

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

IIRC,@Fonzico is a serious disc golfer.

giphy.webp

She's one I've never got to follow on the boards. Seems like 2018 is the best time to change that :D 

5 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

but where am I going to find a komodo dragon in the next five hours?

tumblr_mjd4rcDgjG1rec0w5o1_r1_400.gif

I see your point sir. Will a marine iguana do??

?u=%2f3o6ozArMKgO3979R9S.gif&h=https%3a%2f%2fi.giphy.com&c=2924287189

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

IIRC,@Fonzico is a serious disc golfer.

YAAAAAAY disc golf! I love it so much. My hubs and I play a ton - we try to hit up as many tournaments as we can, it's become quite the obsession. 

We may have started a (very small) disc golf apparel line... 

• Like 5

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

4 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Disc Golf-does anyone on the boards Frolf/Disc Golf? So, I kinda got into this a couple weeks before Christmas. I went out with Heather, her cousin Paden and her other cousin, Maegan (and her BF Addison). We had a blast at the course over near their house and Heather and I were hooked.

I didn't know this was a thing that was worldwide! A friend of mine used to work at a place up north that has a disc golf course and I thought that was something they just made up for shits and giggles... Oops. I have since done my googling, and now consider that ignorance corrected! I've only been up there and played the once, but it was great fun (despite my abysmal aim!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

12 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

YAAAAAAY disc golf! I love it so much. My hubs and I play a ton - we try to hit up as many tournaments as we can, it's become quite the obsession. 

We may have started a (very small) disc golf apparel line... 

YUS!!!! A couple that throws together... :D 

That's so cool you and the hubs do tourney's together! How long have you guys been at it, Fonz? Eventually I would love for Heather and I rock a tourney together one day. Small-schmall, do you guys have a website?? Heather and I are all about supporting small businesses ;) 

When I go to buy more disc, I'll make sure and give ya a shout out so you can help me make the RIGHT decision, haha. I've been reading and studying up on some things and maybe I won't go with the Wizard as my next putter...it sounds like Latitude 64's Pure is the way to go. 

1 minute ago, iatetheyeti said:

I didn't know this was a thing that was worldwide! A friend of mine used to work at a place up north that has a disc golf course and I thought that was something they just made up for shits and giggles... Oops. I have since done my googling, and now consider that ignorance corrected! I've only been up there and played the once, but it was great fun (despite my abysmal aim!).

LOL! Well don't feel bad, Yeti, I doubt you're the only one :) It's pretty big over here in the States with countless of courses in any given area. My first time a few weeks back was enough to hook me. And because I had shite aim right off the first tee it helped hook me even more. I dislike when I'm terrible at something I feel I should be good at so it pushes me to try harder. One of the last holes we did, I ended with my best throw of the day. Even Paden, our disc golf guru (and Heather's cousin) was impressed. ;).

2 minutes ago, PrincessMononoke said:

Hello new friend! YAY for couples playing disc golf!! Website for apperel? Or name?

LOL! We are of one mind!

tumblr_ms945tDEvk1qbh26io1_500.gif

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

Hello new friend! YAY for couples playing disc golf!! Website for apperel? Or name?

LOL! We are of one mind!

tumblr_ms945tDEvk1qbh26io1_500.gif

Wolf
Haha I was moreso quantifying the depth of our nerdiness, rather than self-promoting....
We're absolute worst at this whole marketing thing... Although we do have a Facebook page - Treeline Disc Golf Apparel. Mostly we just sell directly at tournaments :)
Also we're in Canada, so international shipping is likely prohibitive. [emoji14] But if you're genuinely interested, (or ever up north!) We could probably work something out :D

Putters are such a individual preference thing, more so than other discs.. you just have to find what feels good for you. Personally, I use Judges (I know Wizards are popular, but I can't stand em!) Hubs only uses Prodigy putters though. Just gotta try some out!
It's also good to have a putting putter and a approach putter (for when you need something nice and straight but not too long) and rarely does one disc do both. I love love love Axiom's Envy for an approach putter, she's a beaut.

What what are ya throwing?!
(You've got me started now...)
  • Like 3

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

29 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

LOL! Well don't feel bad, Yeti, I doubt you're the only one :) It's pretty big over here in the States with countless of courses in any given area. My first time a few weeks back was enough to hook me. And because I had shite aim right off the first tee it helped hook me even more. I dislike when I'm terrible at something I feel I should be good at so it pushes me to try harder. One of the last holes we did, I ended with my best throw of the day. Even Paden, our disc golf guru (and Heather's cousin) was impressed. ;).

I don't really. I mean, at the end of the day there are far more things that I don't know than things that I do, and I do enjoy learning new things :D Heh, I'm mostly the same way when I'm bad at something, and I was with disc golf. Didn't get any impressive throws, though I did get a cheer when I manage to stay out of the trees and bushes for the last three holes! Small victories, right?!

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Disc golf sounds like an outside activity you can do with shoes on ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Putters are such a individual preference thing, more so than other discs.. you just have to find what feels good for you. Personally, I use Judges (I know Wizards are popular, but I can't stand em!) Hubs only uses Prodigy putters though. Just gotta try some out!
It's also good to have a putting putter and a approach putter (for when you need something nice and straight but not too long) and rarely does one disc do both. I love love love Axiom's Envy for an approach putter, she's a beaut.

Yeah....this is my one complaint with getting a new disc: It's ALL gonna depend on how it feels/flies. I should find a local shop I can visit and actually get the "feel" for them. I've heard good things about the Judge and I'll have to look at the Prodigy and Envy. :) 

I get what you mean about having 2 different putters. Just from reading more about the sport and watching videos I see the warranted use of 2 putters. Are you more for softer putters or harder, more durable ones? I keep seeing that the softer putters grab the chains well and rarely bounce after it hits the ground, which makes sense.

15 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

What what are ya throwing?!
(You've got me started now...)

Bear in mind, I just got my first little set at Christmas, but all mine are Innova brand:

Driver is a pink Leopard

2x mid-range, a (blue) Wolf and a (light purple) Manta 

Putter is a (orange) Aviar

I'll take some pics when I get home :) 

13 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Small victories, right?!

Heck yeah! The first throw I had "through some trees" was horrible. I was the only one that hit the tree lol. So, kuddos! I bet the course up near you is pretty :) 

2 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Disc golf sounds like an outside activity you can do with shoes on ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fo sho! Or sans shoes to get in some "grounding" work for the mini-challenge lol. But shoes....they are needed. With our next check I'm getting some new hiking shoes that can double over as solid disc golf shoes :) 

adidas-terrex-swift-r-gtx-black-dark-grey-power-red-mens-b0vg-2c6-600.jpg

3 minutes ago, Myrik said:

Hmm disk Golf you say,

Might have to look into this, might be something good for the family.

Very much so, brother. If you've ever enjoyed frisbee or ultimate, then you'll like this. And you're in Houston right? Dude! We could meet up one day/weekend and play a round of disc golf and fellowship :D 

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Very much so, brother. If you've ever enjoyed frisbee or ultimate, then you'll like this. And you're in Houston right? Dude! We could meet up one day/weekend and play a round of disc golf and fellowship :D 

Wolf

I love the sound of this.  I am so down.  I'm sure our packs would get along great as well.  I'll find out where some Disk golf parks are in the area and hit you up.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I've been married 15 years, and yup, that's totally the way it works in my household, too. :) 

22 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Triplets would be insane!! And even though I'm fine on my own, a little extra virility never hurt no one. But for real...if there's more than one I'm 100% blaming DFG ;) 

You're even considering the idea of triplets without shrieking in terror and hiding in a dark room?  My dad is a triplet, so I was legitimately worried about triplets or twins, almost to a point where I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with pregnancy at all.  I bet Heather would be less thrilled with the notion of triplets. ;) 

22 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Disc Golf-does anyone on the boards Frolf/Disc Golf? So, I kinda got into this a couple weeks before Christmas. I went out with Heather, her cousin Paden and her other cousin, Maegan (and her BF Addison). We had a blast at the course over near their house and Heather and I were hooked.

I don't play, but that sounds awesome for both of you!  Maybe take my advice with a grain of salt, since I'm a fairly co-dependent exerciser, but activities that you can do with your spouse or as a family are the ones that you are more likely to stick with.  Are the kids going to try playing, too?

• Like 4

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Bear in mind, I just got my first little set at Christmas, but all mine are Innova brand:

Driver is a pink Leopard
2x mid-range, a (blue) Wolf and a (light purple) Manta 
Putter is a (orange) Aviar

I'll take some pics when I get home [emoji4] 

The Leopard is a great beginners disc - nice! I've never thrown a wolf or Manta though. I think my first putter was an Aviar as well!

I get the logic behind soft putters, but I loathe how they feel. I want my putters to feel like I'm throwing a rock. (Not to be confused with a Roc!) Lol.

FWIW, if you can get your hands on a Sling (West side), it's an awesome, understable mid range.
And I LOVE my diamond, it's another great beginners driver (Latitude 64) - if your wife is playing, she might like that, it works well with the lesser power in our weak wimin's arms [emoji14]
  • Like 2

Level 20

I forget that your threads are like @deftonas.  You can't just pop in and out.  Lots of reading, but I'm all caught up!  Really glad you're enjoying the hell out of your writing.  I love it (though thankfully I learned last challenge not to be drinking anything while reading your stuff) and can't wait to read more!!

• Like 2

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Disc golf sounds awesome!! I never played though ;)
Glad to hear you found another something to be passionate about.
(You give me energy just reading about it lol)

I still need to read all of the story, but gah I haven't made the time or energy for it :(
Reading is something I really need to be in the mood for.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

20 hours ago, Myrik said:

I love the sound of this.  I am so down.  I'm sure our packs would get along great as well.  I'll find out where some Disk golf parks are in the area and hit you up.

Yessir, I think everyone would get along great! I bet there's quite a few courses near you, too :) 

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Wolfpool would read the shit outta that fanfic tho. Just sayin'

Congrats!

No only would Wolfpool read it, he would direct and produce the "made-for-TV" movie! :P 

deadpool2-wraps.jpg

Thanks for the congratz, D_R!

10 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I guess this was bound to happen, 2 people in the RangerCorps™ in one house both with RangerBrain™...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor implode gif

Have all the fun!!!

LOL! We shall my good sir! We'll have ALL the fun and throw ALL the discs ;) 

m-f7ul.gif

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

The Leopard is a great beginners disc - nice! I've never thrown a wolf or Manta though. I think my first putter was an Aviar as well!

I get the logic behind soft putters, but I loathe how they feel. I want my putters to feel like I'm throwing a rock. (Not to be confused with a Roc!) Lol.

FWIW, if you can get your hands on a Sling (West side), it's an awesome, understable mid range.
And I LOVE my diamond, it's another great beginners driver (Latitude 64) - if your wife is playing, she might like that, it works well with the lesser power in our weak wimin's arms emoji14.png

Yay for having the same first putter! Woot woot!

I guess I'll need to feel a softer disc to see what I think. (<--- You're welcome, @Mr_Willes) I hear what you're saying. though. I've read reviews on some that are so soft they can be folded up and placed in your back pocket. WTF? I'm like..."Am I throwing a baseball cap or what?" #FlimsyThrowsFTW

I've heard good things from both West Side and Latitude 64 so I'll give both of those a look. I think there's 2-3 discs I'm looking at getting among both companies :)  And I told Heather I wanted to grow here collection so I'll definitely look into the Diamond. Thanks for the suggestions!!

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

I forget that your threads are like @deftonas.  You can't just pop in and out.  Lots of reading, but I'm all caught up!  Really glad you're enjoying the hell out of your writing.  I love it (though thankfully I learned last challenge not to be drinking anything while reading your stuff) and can't wait to read more!!

Awww, thank you for the compliment, Stribs!! Writing has always been a long-term passion of mine :). The next chapter should make everyone excited ;).

And thank you for taking the time to catch up-you rock! 

41 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

Disc golf sounds awesome!! I never played though ;)
Glad to hear you found another something to be passionate about.
(You give me energy just reading about it lol)

I still need to read all of the story, but gah I haven't made the time or energy for it :(
Reading is something I really need to be in the mood for.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

LOL! I've been told my energy and passion can be infectious once or twice before ;). If you get a chance to try it, you should, Sif.

No worries on the story, you have all the time in the world to read it. Maybe wait for the next chapter and read them both in succession?? Either or, no worries :D  

Noteworthy Items for Week 1, Day 4:

• PT tonight
  • Completed about 15-20 min of Supple Leopard work yesterday. I foam rolled my hamstrings and worked on hip capsule movement and external/internal hip stuff. 
  • No workout this morning-going tomorrow
  • No writing done because we were busy last night. Shoot for 30 min tonight.

Deadlift DOMS are REAL! It's funny when you take some time off and then do something like DL's or heavy squats and feel ALL the DOMS. I miss climbing and I'm ready to go back on the wall but according to my PT, Paul, he wants me to get about 5 more sessions under my belt before I go back. I'm anxious to see how tonight's session goes. Maybe more cupping?? It would probably help the little kink I have in my upper shoulder/neck area.

Heather made a bombass dinner last night: Cajun Goolosh. It's got coconut milk, chickpea pasta, ground turkey, red bell peppers, onions and some yummy spices. MAN! SOOOOO good. In fact, I'm about to eat some for leftovers. Woot woot! Thanks @PrincessMononoke!! You are my love :D

Wolf

• Like 8

Wild Wolf

Spoiler