• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

27 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

One of the most important skills anyone will ever learn.

Thanks bro!

Tonight I shall attempt my new speed feat of 1800 m rowing in 10 minutes (we all know i'm going to try and round it to 2k lol!) ;)

• Like 1

image.png.4b0f3cb2a4efd00b3711dcf646383a37.png

Ranger's speed feat completed! The original goal was 500 m in 10 minutes which changed to 1800 m in 10 minutes. The actual feat completed was 2047 m in 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png.fb88fac8bda54f35a99eab169bd24fda.png

Furthermore, my workouts have been fantastic this week! I've even started to notice budding abs! ;)

My mood has also been incredible these last few days, which I believe in part is due to my new playlist I created on spotify (mainly a lot of dance/pop but hey I like it ;)  )!

• Like 6

I've also been on an emotional high from making and meeting new feats of athleticism.

its very motivating, isn't it?

GJ!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2018 at 1:06 PM, Jedediah The Wolf said:

On another note, I’ve learned that music can help depression and because of this I’m considering listening to less metal and more classic rock as it is generally a more cheerful music. Any opinions? It may be time to finally get Spotify lol

I love classic rock, but I've found that it takes a variety of music to help pull me out of a bad slump. Plus, there's only so much classic rock out there and I spent a decade listening to is exclusively. Anyway, here's a sampling of my go-tos:

The entire "Rainbow" album by Kesha, but particularly Learn to Let Go (music starts at 0:35)

Almost everything from Carly Rae Jepsen (oddly, I like everything but her big hits, and am particularly fond of "Cut to the Feeling")

Any type of Latin or Hispanic dance music

The new Cardi B and Bruno Mars song, Finesse

Grace Vanderwaal So Much More Than This

Lizzo Good as Hell

Sofia Jannok Irene

For me at least, the good stuff makes me want to get up and dance. It's uplifting, getting my soul out of the pits of despair and my butt out reclining chairs. Whatever you can't help but turn up is perfect. <3

• Like 2

On 10/01/2018 at 7:59 PM, Jedediah The Wolf said:

My mood has also been incredible these last few days, which I believe in part is due to my new playlist I created on spotify (mainly a lot of dance/pop but hey I like it ;)  )!

I'm glad to hear it! If the play list helps your mood more power to it! 

• Like 5

On 10/01/2018 at 8:59 PM, Jedediah The Wolf said:

Hey dude whatever works. Music is music.

• Like 2

Following! As far as spotify recommendations go, check out "Pirate Music" - it's a fun mix of sea shanties, some pirate- and Irish-style punk, and the occasional ballad or pirate themed metal. We've listened to it every Sunday for the last six months for Pathfinder (Skull and Shackles, welcome to Puerto Muerto!) night, and I'm still not bored of it. Pretty bouncy and energetic, which is what gets me going while working.

• Like 3

Thank you so much, everyone, for posting and checking up on me and sharing your awesome music suggestions! I plan on listening to all the music :congratulatory:

It has been an extremely busy week as class has started up and the loads of free time I had has now quickly dissipated lol. Despite this, I have been very proactive in battling my depression. Some new things I tried this week was: Moar Meditation, An adjustment to my workout days, and natural antidepressants until my insurance kicks in.

image.png.9eb41a15e453f9a462bfd3db3976ea2a.png

Instead of just focusing on a specific schedule to meditate, I've found that meditating twice a day can actually be quite enjoyable. There are some days where I only meditate once, but I don't sweat it because ultimately the goal is mindfulness and peace :)

Cf7QeFGUEAUIHL6.jpg

(^if that picture is legit then bravo lol) I decided to see how I liked 6 days in the gym compared to 4. Now I know it sounds like a lot and some may wonder about rest and recovery, but what I did was adjust the length and intensity to make my workouts shorter and to where I work different groups with at least a day's rest in between. However, my main reason for 6 days a week is that for once it is something that is doable for me and the fact that it significantly helps to reduce depression. Combined with all the other tools at my desposal my mood has definitely improved this week!

On another note because of my increased days, my Strength feat is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 20/01/2018 at 6:47 PM, Jedediah The Wolf said:

I decided to see how I liked 6 days in the gym compared to 4. Now I know it sounds like a lot and some may wonder about rest and recovery, but what I did was adjust the length and intensity to make my workouts shorter and to where I work different groups with at least a day's rest in between.

I like doing six days too but I'll just mention that if you are doing it then it makes things like deload weeks much more important to manage fatigue. 

• Like 1