• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

Koaladle

21 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Double congrats on making good choices while totally out of it, AND the scale victory!

Look at you;
giphy.gif

Crushing it!

I've only seen this as ANGER GIF but I love the crushing it application. XD TAKE THAT, GOALS!

Friday was rough. I'm taking three different "may cause drowsiness"es, but managed to power through a very social day. My husband is part of the local longsword club and a member had a birthday. Having no kids but being made of Prime Minivan stock, I made both cupcakes and high protein muffins (chocolate and blueberry lemon), 48 in all, but only ate one! 

Husband's reaction to me resisting cupcake-apocalypse

MTI5ODQ2NDA4NTMzNTQ3NDg2.gif

And while everyone was hitting each other with swords, I walked/jogged around the parking lot to hit my step goal, at dinner only ate two pieces of pizza, and was just below the calorie goal for the day. I'm getting the hang of this! 

Saturday was another success story with steps and calories, plus I dragged myself to a basketball game to play with the pep band. I was totally in zombie mode and could barely focus on the music so I didn't last through the second game, but I did make the effort so I'll take it. Sunday is a lazy day, so between medically induced naps I'm going to do the step thing and knit that blanket. Bonus points for a kitchen deep clean! 

• Like 1

A story I want to tell you:

The other night I walked past my parents' tv room and they were watching something. It sounded too violent to be The Horsey Show, but I said 'Are you watching The Horsey Show?' anyway, and my dad immediately answered with 'No, Cardinal' as if that's what's it's always been called (we have never referred to it as that ever before). This made me laugh, and that's its official name now. A few days later, my parents were debating watching one of their programs, my mom was tired and didn't know if she could make it through an episode of Cardinal but didn't want to miss anything because I guess it's exciting. I suggested watching a Horsey Show because even if she fell asleep she could assume the outcome and move on. They were not convinced, so I said 'Conflict, the main characters survive and/or kiss and make up, and the old guy with the bushy mustache imparts some horse-related metaphor for life with tough-guy-with-a-heart-of-gold gruffness, roll credits'. Both parents shrugged and were like 'You have a point' and went and watched one. Now every time I hear the old guy's gruff voice I laugh a little, and for that I have you to thank. So thanks!

• Like 2

Holy smokes, what a knockout weekend!  That's amazing!   Great job sticking to moderation on all those fronts, and getting the steps in!  

Maaan.  You're like super gold star Ranger!  I love it!  Love it love it love it!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Holy smokes, what a knockout weekend!  That's amazing!   Great job sticking to moderation on all those fronts, and getting the steps in!  

Maaan.  You're like super gold star Ranger!  I love it!  Love it love it love it!

I keep saying, it's like this is the time that something clicked. :) As the year goes on I'm going to make things harder and shake things up, but for now I'm just doing what I know I can sustain. 

• Like 4

On 15/01/2018 at 4:35 PM, Koaladle said:

As the year goes on I'm going to make things harder and shake things up, but for now I'm just doing what I know I can sustain. 

And that is the trick to making long term changes. 

• Like 2

I AM ALL TIME BEST KOALADLE TODAY! My victories include:

1. Hitting an all time high step count (30,237) the day after hitting the previous all time high (20,176)
  2. Since I started this effort, I have earned all the Hogwarts Running Club medals in my posession 2.5 times
  3. I burnt more calories today (1,711) than I eat on a normal day (1,610)
  4. Calculating the trend of my weight loss against the caloric deficit logged on MFP, not only does marching have an equivalent calorie burn to walking, but I have a good eye for measurements and portions. Everything is lining up accurately
  5. The quality of my diet is vastly improved (though it could use more veggies) and I usually hit the provided macros okay. 
  6. I have found an easy food prep that is filling, fairly healthy, and since chicken goes on sale a lot here, it's not expensive, either
  7. I drank enough water today--and have successfully weaned off soda for seltzer, and now seltzer for still. 
  8. Came out to my brother today! I have two more family members to tell personally before I don't care about being outed.
  9. Made plans to see two different old friends within the next couple months
  10. Over the last two days, I washed, dried, folded, and put away six loads of laundry (took a week off for health reasons and came back like a champ) and our house looks like adults live there. 

My emotional health is doing really well! Focusing on two main changes and taking time for self care has made a huge difference in my day. I've made sure not to allow self care to be an excuse to miss step days or neglect logging my food and instead use it as a tool to ensure I can get those two goals done. 

Footage of my progress in the last year:

strength_by_doctorworm1987-d9palq1.gif

(Cable Car Chaos)

• Like 4

I'm off grid for a couple weeks and you're kicking all kinds of ass while I'm gone!!

• Like 2

End of challenge wrap up:

On steps and portion sizes, I have been consistently doing well. The quality of food has room for improvement, but the quantities are definitely controlled. I chose Super Bowl Sunday as a holiday (i.e. get pizza delivered and *gasp* have a single serving of soda) but even then I was marking time the entire first half and most of the second. By the time I went to bed I hit 30,000 steps and had burnt off my excess food. In fact, I've hit 30,000 steps a few times and during Zero Week of the next challenge I upped my goal to 12,000 in addition to yoga every night or using my weights. 

Anyway, this is my second challenge in a row that's gone super well. Here's to the third! Same topic name, as always.

• Like 1