• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

[Sylvaa] Reboot

Reminds everyone of Sylvaa's Title under her username.

Can't see the title, will need an actual reminder.

I'm here for you, ofc. Biggest piece of advice I can give you, get used to your bike seat early :) where is it and how far are you going?
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Can't see the title, will need an actual reminder.

Totally NOT the Queen of Persuasive Authority 

18 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I'm here for you, ofc. Biggest piece of advice I can give you, get used to your bike seat early :) where is it and how far are you going?

Go Big or Go Home? https://thesmartride.org/

• Like 4

Cat person on cats: “I love cats, they’re the best!”
Cat person on dogs: “Dogs are cool too I guess.”

Dog person on dogs: “I love dogs, they’re the best!”
Dog person on cats: “GODDAMN CATS ARE THE SPAWN OF SATAN.”
DOG PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL THEM THIS HAPPENS
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Cataleya said:
On 1/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, Plazmotic said:
Cat person on cats: “I love cats, they’re the best!”
Cat person on dogs: “Dogs are cool too I guess.”

Dog person on dogs: “I love dogs, they’re the best!”
Dog person on cats: “GODDAMN CATS ARE THE SPAWN OF SATAN.”

DOG PEOPLE DO NOT BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL THEM THIS HAPPENS

Give it a day or so, then ask them their honest opinion on cats. ;) 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Can confirm. In my defense, I've lived with dogs all my life and I've never had one pee on my head while I slept.

I've never had a cat do that to me either, and I've had those for nearly three decades now.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

That looks like a great ride. No hills to worry about, beautiful scenery.
@DJTrippyT rode that route a year or two ago. She loved it IIRC.

It was fabulous. I did it South to North and would do it again tomorrow.

• Like 3

I've never had a cat do that to me either, and I've had those for nearly three decades now.

I was told the sleeping on my head and the peeing was a dominance thing. We were cat people for exactly one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

It was fabulous. I did it South to North and would do it again tomorrow.

This is awesome and now I hope it happens!

15 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

double post, disregard

Sorry I missed it. Now I will imagine all kinds of shenanigans that would have happened in this post.

26 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was told the sleeping on my head and the peeing was a dominance thing. We were cat people for exactly one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I had to reread your original comment, because I was pretty sure it said the cat peed on your head while you were sleeping and it didn't make sense with this comment. 

But yes, being a cat person is much more difficult than being a dog person. 

0uyBX7p.jpg

funny-cats-vs-dogs-comics-44-59c8e729c80

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

I am totally a cat person, but I do agree with the quote "a dog is your best friend. A cat is a tiny furry alien who lives in your house"

And I totally thought the cat peed on Sloth's head too

• Like 5

The cat did pee on my head. It slept on my head, which I found irritating enough, and when it decided to wake up it peed on my head. Showing its contempt and dominance over me. That was it's first and last night with us. I decided to stick with dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The cat did pee on my head. It slept on my head, which I found irritating enough, and when it decided to wake up it peed on my head. Showing its contempt and dominance over me. That was it's first and last night with us. I decided to stick with dogs.

Cat's know if you are a cat person or a dog person.  I believe they only do these sorts of things to dog people.  One of my cats used to pee on my husband's laundry and only his clothes.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Cat's know if you are a cat person or a dog person. 

This is the only explanation for why when I meet someone’s so-called jerkface cat, it curls up into my lap purring and waiting for scritches.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

This is the only explanation for why when I meet someone’s so-called jerkface cat, it curls up into my lap purring and waiting for scritches.

I alwals said my so-called jerkface cat was really just misunderstood.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Sylvaa's inappropriate thought for the day:

26904645_1671624219554078_62352217486429

I'll see myself out

Do I have an update? I can probably figure out one if I tried. 

We are truly enjoying Eat This Much. It's been really nice to not have to meal plan AND the food has been really tasty. One thing that has been difficult is that dinners are based on my husband, so sometimes meals won't include sides (based on what he's eaten through the day) or will have unconventional sides (he eats a TON of carrots with peanut butter). So I've been adjusting to include additional sides for the kids (for example, last night was beef burritos. I only made enough for everyone to have one (the true recipe size) and then made rice on the side for the kids. I think we are going to pay for the ongoing weekly planning (you can get daily planning for free, but to meal plan, you have to pay).

I'm not totally sure whether it is helping or hurting our grocery budget. This month was difficult due to me being out of town and the outdoor hockey game. The other piece is that as you try new foods, you can set them to recurring. We are still too new to the app to have many recurring foods so there are a ton of new recipes with new ingredients. Going forward, we'll be setting breakfast and lunch to be more repeating to keep some costs down. 

We've also made it to the gym twice this week - the first time in about a month. We're using the Nike + Run app, so we'll see how it goes moving forward. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

On 1/25/2018 at 6:43 AM, LadyShello said:

Cat's know if you are a cat person or a dog person.  I believe they only do these sorts of things to dog people. 

Not entirely correct. It is possible to be anti-cat without being a dog person, and people like those seem to bring out the worst in Her Divine Majesty (the older of my two cats), and any other cat I have ever known.

A dog person at least is a person who likes some kind of animal. Anti-cat people on the other hand, are the ones who really believe cats to be evil spawns of Satan... and cats are intelligent animals who take offense at being hated on sight. To paraphrase Her Divine Majesty, "if you're going to hate me no matter what I do, I might as well take advantage of that". Besides, this is her home. If you are going to come into Her Divine Majesty's domain and treat her with anything less than the respect and deference that is her due, she is well within her rights to punish you.

• Like 6

On 1/25/2018 at 7:43 AM, LadyShello said:

Cat's know if you are a cat person or a dog person.

I actually wish I could be a cat person. I've had dogs all my life and you can't beat their ever present excitement to see you each day. But cats that like to curl up in your lap just seem to be so cool. But, alas, allergies keep me away from the cats, and my dog loves being a lap dog...she just weighs a lot!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, jstanlick said:

my dog loves being a lap dog...she just weighs a lot!

This is my 60 lb puppers. To be honest though, we probably won't own another dog. We've discussed doing something similar to @Sloth the Enduring, but we aren't sure how my husband would do letting them go. We've figured out that we enjoy freedom and being able to go places a little too much to have any more full time dogs (note: currently, the boys don't like to go anywhere, so they offer to stay home with the puppy - she is not suffering because we like to do things).

I may have talked myself into training for a triathlon. More to follow.

• Like 6

I can't see the picture, but I bet she's a great doggo. I'd be happy if we only fostered. We'd have dogs in our life and we'd have more flexibility. Failed fosters (meaning you keep the dog) are a big hazard, that's how we ended up with ours.

I love how you're expanding your racing.

• Like 1

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

I can't see the picture, but I bet she's a great doggo. I'd be happy if we only fostered. We'd have dogs in our life and we'd have more flexibility. Failed fosters (meaning you keep the dog) are a big hazard, that's how we ended up with ours.

I love how you're expanding your racing.

You didn't miss anything! I didn't actually post a picture above :D. You can potentially see them on FB though - she's the really happy GSD. 

Doing a triathlon has been one of my goals for a long time, but I've always got a reason to not do one. I've got about two weeks worth of workouts planned and we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 3