• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

[Sylvaa] Reboot

10 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I got it and accepted!

Granted, I've only ever set up an account - not joined a group, so I'll have to figure out what the heck I am supposed to be doing/.

Yay!

That's alright. The best thing to do right now is to not make any dailies on the off chance that you're overhyped, make too many, forget to check them off, and your character loses all HP. Like mine has done... many many times. Habits and to-do lists are key. Or just go to the tavern and click rest/pause damage if you don't wanna lose HP.

Also, I learned that a habitica party can have up to 30 members in it. This may be new years hype talking, but it sounds tempting to round up all willing rebels here and make one big monster mashing mosh mania. 

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Korranation said:

Yay!

That's alright. The best thing to do right now is to not make any dailies on the off chance that you're overhyped, make too many, forget to check them off, and your character loses all HP. Like mine has done... many many times. Habits and to-do lists are key. Or just go to the tavern and click rest/pause damage if you don't wanna lose HP.

Also, I learned that a habitica party can have up to 30 members in it. This may be new years hype talking, but it sounds tempting to round up all willing rebels here and make one big monster mashing mosh mania. 

Totally how I'm rolling. I've got three dailies (water, brush / floss, and step goal) - the only one I find challenging at all is the step goal. The other pieces are all on habits. Depending on how well I do, I'll add a habit over to daily later on. 

A habitica party sounds like a great idea! 

I've been on vacation for over a week now. I probably should have done something, but to be honest, this has been a fantastic week. I haven't finished my puzzle yet, but I still have some time at home. I do have a lot of cooking planned for this evening - we are doing a bite sized spread for New Years. I got the caramel made last night (I promised my brother I would make a batch and I have cake balls freezing to dunk in vanilla candy melt. I will have pictures posted later.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Totally how I'm rolling. I've got three dailies (water, brush / floss, and step goal) - the only one I find challenging at all is the step goal. The other pieces are all on habits. Depending on how well I do, I'll add a habit over to daily later on. 

A habitica party sounds like a great idea! 

Those sound like some good dailies. 

I'll go get the party started. The more the merrier. 

latest?cb=20140815235655

4 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I've been on vacation for over a week now. I probably should have done something, but to be honest, this has been a fantastic week. I haven't finished my puzzle yet, but I still have some time at home. I do have a lot of cooking planned for this evening - we are doing a bite sized spread for New Years. I got the caramel made last night (I promised my brother I would make a batch and I have cake balls freezing to dunk in vanilla candy melt. I will have pictures posted later.

I'm guessing your pictures are going to look something like this 

Spoiler

I6kwlWz.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

@Tanktimus the Encourager I've spotted some traces of hype over here with the Adventurers. Maybe they can help us track down our hype thief??

Following, of course. :)

All are welcome in a Ranger Mini. Sylvaa herself won a spot on the podium in the last one.

• Like 7

I am a self-proclaimed non-yoga enthusiast, but I am definitely a fan of Adriene. 

I am a self-proclaimed hippy and yogi lover! Or was. I had a lot of amxiety as a kid, and this is the one thing I stuck to to help with it. I fell out of it 9 years ago for health reasons and never really picked it back up, but perfect opportunity to do so just did day 1 and I like Adriene! Thanks for the introduction she seems to have the soothy bits and not so much the far out, "listen to the bowl, become the bowl"

Or is that later on?

And if there's a habitica party, I have one of those lyin around somewheres . . . . Just sayin

• Like 5

And if there's a habitica party, I have one of those lyin around somewheres . . . . Just sayin

I am in the NF guild on Habitica and am currently in a party. I'm pretty sure the others wouldn't mind more company!
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

I am a self-proclaimed hippy and yogi lover! Or was. I had a lot of amxiety as a kid, and this is the one thing I stuck to to help with it. I fell out of it 9 years ago for health reasons and never really picked it back up, but perfect opportunity to do so emoji4.png just did day 1 and I like Adriene! Thanks for the introduction emoji4.png she seems to have the soothy bits and not so much the far out, "listen to the bowl, become the bowl"

Or is that later on?

I've never found Adriene to be overly "New Age'ish", which is one of the reasons I am a fan. She definitely does a good job of not alienating people with "I'm a tree" mantras or anything like that. Did you join the Accountability Group for this challenge? Link here! 

@Korranation! More people for our party!

• Like 7

Also: Update - 

I lied, there are no pictures of food for New Years. But it was all delicious. All the food was bite sized, which was really pretty fun to do (but not as appreciated by the family - clearly I need more nerds in my life). We stayed up as a family and watched Ryan Secrest ring in the new year. We also set boundaries by not inviting the in-laws over (even though they were angling for an invite). My brother also had a friend come up from Texas for a few days, so he hung out with her (in her hotel room). 

Yoga has happened daily, as has reading and writing. I'm back to work today, so there will also be journaling happening. I got a new planner for Christmas that I am going to start using for work related nonsense - so far, so good - but it's too early to tell for certain. 

It is also so cold here that walking outside with the puppy (and therefore my step goal) has not happened. Like, with the windchill, we haven't hit 0 degrees F. Forget that noise. I did make a halfhearted attempt to go to the gym yesterday (by asking my husband if he wanted to go), but his answer was no. We talked about his barriers to going through the week (which includes not having time with dinner needing to be made). We are in discussion around freezer meals a few days a week to offset this, which would include having a kid be responsible for starting dinner once every other week. 

Christmas vacation ended with me being super cranky with the kids. Apparently, being off school rolls over to not having to do anything, including not putting dishes in the dishwasher or taking out their own recycling. I also refused to do their laundry this weekend because no one had their laundry downstairs on Saturday, which is the expectation. We are in discussions around incentivizing the kids to be more responsible. We are looking at a few of our YNAB categories that we are not very good at sticking with (such as groceries and things I forgot to budget for) and using any leftover money as an allowance for the family (where each person gets a % of the leftover money). 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Also: Update - 

It is also so cold here that walking outside with the puppy (and therefore my step goal) has not happened. Like, with the windchill, we haven't hit 0 degrees F. Forget that noise. I did make a halfhearted attempt to go to the gym yesterday (by asking my husband if he wanted to go), but his answer was no. We talked about his barriers to going through the week (which includes not having time with dinner needing to be made). We are in discussion around freezer meals a few days a week to offset this, which would include having a kid be responsible for starting dinner once every other week. 

This is an issue. Our kids have stuff 4 out of 5 nights a week (and sometimes 3 things a night), so its seems to never end around here. I have found a few meals that are great if we make them the night before and then just reheat when we get home. This is one we have been doing a bit lately. Bahn Mi Bowls  Really almost anything with meatballs (we use Turkey instead of ground beef)  or like fajitas or tacos (again with turkey) can be made ahead and reheated.

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Christmas vacation ended with me being super cranky with the kids. Apparently, being off school rolls over to not having to do anything, including not putting dishes in the dishwasher or taking out their own recycling. I also refused to do their laundry this weekend because no one had their laundry downstairs on Saturday, which is the expectation. We are in discussions around incentivizing the kids to be more responsible. We are looking at a few of our YNAB categories that we are not very good at sticking with (such as groceries and things I forgot to budget for) and using any leftover money as an allowance for the family (where each person gets a % of the leftover money). 

I am in a similar boat. The agents don't go back for another week and I am fed up with the "Oh, you mean I need to get dressed and do my hair?" Some days they are great, some days, I can't seem to get them moving AT ALL. It is getting really frustrating. I will say we have the "pay chores" They have regular chores like empty dishwasher and collect laundry, but if they want some spending money, I have a list of extra chores and a amount. Like sweep a room, get 50 cents. Run a load of laundry is a $1. Clean a bathtub get $2, but their regular chores need done.  They are also welcome to come up with jobs for us to do, and we can discuss payment. Eldest tends to hit these pretty hard when hes looking for some extra spending cash.

Good luck coming up with something and hopefully things are smoother when you get back to school.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

This is an issue. Our kids have stuff 4 out of 5 nights a week (and sometimes 3 things a night), so its seems to never end around here. I have found a few meals that are great if we make them the night before and then just reheat when we get home. This is one we have been doing a bit lately. Bahn Mi Bowls  Really almost anything with meatballs (we use Turkey instead of ground beef)  or like fajitas or tacos (again with turkey) can be made ahead and reheated.

Thanks for the recipe link - I enjoy making new things! To be honest, in our house, I'm not sure that tacos would be any faster reheating versus making same day. I'm looking at casserole recipes I can make on the weekends occasionally, then take out in the am (or the night before) to chill in the fridge and pop in the oven that evening. Having our kids start things shouldn't be an issue. You and I have differing opinions on after school activities for kids. :) 

The only chore we pay the kids for is mowing the grass. My girls also have an additional chore (cleaning a bathroom) due to the phones they chose (their monthly phone payment was higher than our limit, so they are paying off the additional).  We decided to trial the YNAB for two reasons; 1. it helps the kids some more insight into how budgets work. 2. we are hoping it'll help us save money (one of the biggest things that happens is my husband doesn't feel like cooking through the week, so the kids are able to persuade him to get take out instead). 

Speaking of budgets - update on the whole clothing budget. If you all remember, my step-daughter decided to spend her entire budget (plus some) on her Homecoming outfit. WELL, she had a zipper completely break on a pair of jeans, so according to her, she's down to two pairs of jeans. So after Christmas, we went shopping - she bought two more pair, but decided to return one for a pair of Converse to wear with some yoga pants she got for Christmas. So now she's down to three pair of jeans and an unknown amount of yoga pants to get her through until at least May (her birthday). I'm torn between hoping they last (because she's definitely a drama queen about things) and hoping they don't (we had a discussion about what was actually the priority - jeans that fit or shoes, particularly because my daughter has the exact same pair and said she could borrow them). #thestruggleisreal

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Thanks for the recipe link - I enjoy making new things! To be honest, in our house, I'm not sure that tacos would be any faster reheating versus making same day. I'm looking at casserole recipes I can make on the weekends occasionally, then take out in the am (or the night before) to chill in the fridge and pop in the oven that evening. Having our kids start things shouldn't be an issue. You and I have differing opinions on after school activities for kids. :) 

Honestly, the tacos we make, we make the taco seasoning ourselves, make the meat, then cut everything the night before (Lettuce, tomato, onion, black olive). Then its reheat the meat and eat dinner.

The school activities, I wish we could cut back. But my eldest is on the spectrum, so the fact that he actually asked to join clubs and make friends is HUGE. I have been told since he was little to get him into social things to work on those muscles. So, in a way, they are kinda like extra school for him. And when he asked to do them, all of them, I was more than a bit taken aback. This is the first year he has asked to be so busy. usually, he would rather be home alone reading and not dealing with anyone. And Youngest is actually cutting back on activities, which is strange since she is generally my social butterfly.

The only chore we pay the kids for is mowing the grass. My girls also have an additional chore (cleaning a bathroom) due to the phones they chose (their monthly phone payment was higher than our limit, so they are paying off the additional).  We decided to trial the YNAB for two reasons; 1. it helps the kids some more insight into how budgets work. 2. we are hoping it'll help us save money (one of the biggest things that happens is my husband doesn't feel like cooking through the week, so the kids are able to persuade him to get take out instead). 

The take out is a monster here too. There are days it just seems so much easier, but its really not.

Speaking of budgets - update on the whole clothing budget. If you all remember, my step-daughter decided to spend her entire budget (plus some) on her Homecoming outfit. WELL, she had a zipper completely break on a pair of jeans, so according to her, she's down to two pairs of jeans. So after Christmas, we went shopping - she bought two more pair, but decided to return one for a pair of Converse to wear with some yoga pants she got for Christmas. So now she's down to three pair of jeans and an unknown amount of yoga pants to get her through until at least May (her birthday). I'm torn between hoping they last (because she's definitely a drama queen about things) and hoping they don't (we had a discussion about what was actually the priority - jeans that fit or shoes, particularly because my daughter has the exact same pair and said she could borrow them). #thestruggleisreal

Oh they joy of kids.Good luck.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

The take out is a monster here too. There are days it just seems so much easier, but its really not.

Yeah, truthfully, a lot of this is my husband. He's truly not one for cooking anyway and with our kids' attitude towards dinners, it is really hard to stay motivated to do so. So if he's had a bad day, is tired, had to run errands after work, etc... it's truly just a matter of making a suggestion. The hope is if the kids have a financial incentive to not eat out, they won't encourage him. Yes, one could correctly argue that my husband has no willpower, or needs to be the adult in this situation, or any number of accurate statements. Truly though, that is a whole other issue. 

28 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Oh they joy of kids.Good luck.

Sometimes being a parent is hard! I want them to make their own decisions, but I want them to make good decisions lol! This is one of the reasons we chose to set up their clothing budget the way we did. No, I don't mean so that we could tell them, "I told you so" when they screw up :D. Actually, to let them have the freedom to screw up before it matters. But it's also frustrating. Although, with my brother currently living with us, I have hope that what we are doing will make a bigger difference in the long run. Because dear lord, he has zero concept of budgeting and responsible money management. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Actually, to let them have the freedom to screw up before it matters.

Totally.  Learning from mistakes is easier to do when the consequences are relatively small.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I've never found Adriene to be overly "New Age'ish", which is one of the reasons I am a fan. She definitely does a good job of not alienating people with "I'm a tree" mantras or anything like that. Did you join the Accountability Group for this challenge? Link here! 

@Korranation! More people for our party!

I have now! Thanks :)

No comment on the parenting.  I have none, but sounds like you're doing it right ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2