• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grandkai_NL

Grandkai going Hybrid Assassin: Part I

Grandkai Going Hybrid Assassin: Part I

giphy.gif

In 2017 i used mostly bodyweight exercises and i mostly used the Start Bodyweight Program. Great program, i've seen great progress but doing only bodyweight has become a bit boring to me. So for 2018 i'm going to become a Hybrid Assassin.

Goal 1: 6-Week Hybrid "Athlete" program

I'm going to use two 6-week Hybrid "Athlete" programs which have Kettlebell training, running & bodyweight training. So i'm set for the next 3 challenges :D

Goal 2: Run faster

Upcoming Sunday (December 31st) i have my first 10K race and i'm aiming for a time under 1 hour. After that i want to train to be able to run a faster 10K, so that i can have a faster time for my next race that's in April. My goal is to run the 10K in 50 minutes in April.

giphy.gif

Goal 3: Handstand

Last challenge i got some good progress on a handstand and i want to continue that progress in this new year. So i'm going to train everyday switching between handstand & headstand.

tumblr_mt2hn3WPtb1su8hipo1_500.gif

Side-Goal: 100% Gaming Spiderman Shattered Dimensions

I still like playing games and trying to get them to 100%. This time its going to be Spiderman Shattered Dimensions

blog-0905164001419572389.jpg

• Like 5

Going hybrid sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun for you! :) What athlete program are you using? (And massive kudos for you for running in the winter! I can barely manage to convince myself it's worth trying when it's nice out! *shivers*)

• Like 1

On 28-12-2017 at 12:35 PM, UnquietBones said:

What athlete program are you using?

I'm going to use THIS program. Its a fat-loss program (not that i really need that, but its a good start) and with the circuits i'm doing ill also build strength (there are circuits where you're doing 3 exercises for 30 reps each, then 20 reps and then 10. Or 10 each, 9 each, 8 each so on till 1).

After 6-weeks of doing that program i'm going to the 2.0 version of it which has Bodyweight exercises implemented. And after that it's on to making my own mix of it. And perhaps join a local kettlebell gym (if i like this).

On 28-12-2017 at 12:35 PM, UnquietBones said:

And massive kudos for you for running in the winter! I can barely manage to convince myself it's worth trying when it's nice out! *shivers*)

Sometimes its hard, its raining or its cold and then i don't want to go. But a layer or 2 extra clothes help a lot. I just hope tomorrow (December 31st) its dry when i run. Wind i don't care but rain sucks :( 

On 28-12-2017 at 3:14 PM, Manarelle said:

Following. You've got this. 

You know it :D 

• Like 2

Last update of 2017

Had a race today to finish off 2017. The Brink tot Brinkloop from my homecity Deventer to another city called Bathmen 10 kilometers away. I had a goal to run the 10K within an hour. And i got it, its was pretty busy during this race and most of the time we had to run on the biking lane. Everyone was crammed which made it hard to pass people and get a nice pace. But i am happy with what i did.

Quest 1: Hybrid "Athlete" Workout

Hybrid Athlete Workout:  /// - /// - /// - ///

Quest 2: Run Faster

Running:  /// - /// - /// - ///

Quest 3: Handstand Training

Handstand/Headstand training///////- ///////- ///////- ///////

Side Goal: Spiderman Shattered Dimensions 100%

Percentage completed: 71% 

• Like 3

Week 1, Day 1

First day of the new year. I started it strong if i say so myself. Brought away a lot of old clothes, cleaned my apartment, clean up my workout room (it needed it, was filled with old boxes, now its clean and ready for workouts). 

Also had the first workout of my "Hybrid Athlete" program. And it was a tough one. Program down below.Screen-Shot-2014-01-03-at-3.44.20-AM.png

Warm-up was easy, no problems there. Until we get to the 1st circuit. This was hard, but that could been because of the weight i was using, 16KG per kettlebell. I check online and it was recommended to use 16KG for men. Maybe i should have started lighter. But i also haven't trained with weight for a good year and a half so i wasn't used to weights. Anyhow....

I decided to rest-pause my way through the first circuit and i was sweating like a sauna. The second circuit i decided to lower the difficulty by doing 3 rounds instead of 5.

The last circuit i only did sit-ups, i just didn't have any strength left in my arms for push-ups. Seriously, down went oke, but up? No way. 

This is just the start and i know when i'm done with the program ill be stronger. And i'll be able to do this circuit a bit easier.

• Like 2

Week 1, Day 2

Slower day 2, my running clothes were still in the washing machine and i don't have spare running clothes so no run today. But i did do my handstand training in the morning, did a few headstands and i could hold it longer than i had expected since i haven't done it since half December.

While looking on Instagram i happen to come across a nice post with "27 Fitness Goals for 2018". 

A lot of them are pretty fun to try out and can be a nice way to improve my nutrition (like 1 servering of fruit per meal). So i decided to try this stuff out, starting with "weigh yourself every morning". 

• Like 3

Week 1, Day 3 & Day 4

Was supposed to do a workout today but my legs were still sore from monday's workout. Its been a long time since i had sore legs from a workout and it felt...... nice. Made me remember about the first time i started working out and i had a lot of soreness in my shoulders & legs. So i did the workout on Day 4 and skipped that days running idea. Gonna run today (for me its Friday right now) and see how it goes with my new Nike+ coach program.

Screen-Shot-2014-01-03-at-3.44.43-AM.png 

Still have to get used to the KB weight so i did 3 rounds instead of 6. On the days that i don't have KB training i put one kettlebell in the hallway and when i pass by it i'm going to Greave the Groove with 3 one-arm KB Push Presses. To get used to the weight and build up my shoulder strength a bit.

Nothing today, need to get back into the groove of things

• Like 1

On 3-1-2018 at 10:37 PM, WhiteBeltBrowncoat said:

Wow. The Hybrid Athlete program looks to be intense.

It is quite intense. But fun and challenging.

2 hours ago, Manarelle said:

#21... /look at forecast, see only single digits.... That's a summer goal. :) Good list though, I may steal some.

Wear a winterjacket. Rain? Bring a umbrella. #21 can be done every single day. But summer is a much better time, perhaps then i'll maybe get a tan :D 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Still have to get used to the KB weight so i did 3 rounds instead of 6. On the days that i don't have KB training i put one kettlebell in the hallway and when i pass by it i'm going to Greave the Groove with 3 one-arm KB Push Presses. To get used to the weight and build up my shoulder strength a bit.

I like that idea a lot. I put a pullup bar in the doorway of my hallway leading from the living room back to the bedrooms and suddenly I'm doing 10 pullups a day (one at a time). 

Week 1, Day 5 till Day 7

No workouts, was really tired from work the last few days. And even worked overtime on Saturday. Saturday evening i was on the couch and napped a few hours on the couch and when i woke up i saw it was midnight. So i went to my actual bed. 

• Like 3

Reporting for duty!

I'm back, week 2 was hard. Starting week 2 i didn't enjoy my Hybrid Athlete program, the amount of reps i had to do were too hard for me. And i figured out that that was because of the weight of my kettlebells. I wasn't used to the weight (16kg) and it made every KB exercise tough and exhausting. This drained my motivation for everything else. 

So i used Week 3 to figure out how to do my workouts since the program was a too hard for me (right now). I made a 3 day Full Body workout with a Push, Pull, Legs & Accessory exercise. There is at least 1 KB exercise and the rest are bodyweight. And today i started with my new Full Body workout

Quest 1: Workout

4x5 KB Front Squat

4x10 Push-ups

4x5 Chin-ups

4x30 seconds Squat Sit

Did 2 sets of Headstands with straight legs. 1st set against the wall, 2nd set just off the wall. Didn't see the time but i estimate about 15-30 seconds on both sets.

And did a plank of 30 seconds.

Hopefully i can do enough the rest of the week and make this week a come-back week.

22 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

How's it going?

Made a comeback, check above :) 

• Like 4

Welcome back. Tha'ts frustrating when a planned workout doesn't... work out. Sounds like you've gotten an alternative sorted, though. Looking forward to hearing about the comeback. :)

• Like 1

Yesterday 23-1

Started the day with wall-stands for roughly 20 seconds and another 30 set of planks

Didn't really feel like running today, had a crappy day at work. Nothing but problems with the machines. But i still did a small 3km run.

Today 24-1

Started the day with Headstands, for a nice 30 seconds. 

Today was a better day at work, less problems. 

Got a workout in. Did 3x5 of One-arm KB Press, 3x10 lunges (each leg) and 3x12Bodyweight Rows & 30 seconds of resting squat as rest 

• Like 2