• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grandkai_NL

Grandkai going Hybrid Assassin: Part I

Missed a few days again with posting. I thought the challenge ended last sunday. Anyway....

Monday i woke up at a reasonable time after my nightshift. Got up, had a nice cup of coffee and read my Spice & Wolf novel.  After that did my Handstand training, did my wall-stand for about 30 seconds and felt pretty good. Immediately after that my Bodyweight workouts, did 3x7 of KB Front Squat, 12 Push-ups and 6 Chin-ups with again 30+ seconds of resting squat as rest

Tuesday didn't go running, woke up groggy as h#ll. So i put some extra effort in my Headstand training and i got a solid 45 seconds. Pretty sure i can hit a minute on Thursday :D 

Today (Wednesday) i woke up early because some dumb idiot in my apartment building decided to drill in the wall and it made so much noise i think even people 3 building over heard it. Did my workout of 3x7 One-arm KB Press, 10 Lunges & 12 BW Rows. After that my wall-stand and i got roughyl 35-40 seconds. Hopefully tomorrow my mood & the weather is better so i can get a nice run in so i am prepared for my 10K run in April

• Like 3

On 4-2-2018 at 5:11 PM, Manarelle said:

How'd it go? Did you hit your minute headstand? 

it went pretty good, to be honest i forgot what my time was with my headstand. I think it was a minute.

• Like 1

Challenge Review

This challenge didn't go that great, it was fine. It sort of felt like a "Test-challenge" since its anew year with a new way to workout. So quick over the goals and what went well/bad

Goal 1: 6-Week Hybrid "Athlete" program

BAD: This was too hard for me, the big amount of reps, the new movements with Kettlebells & the weight of my KB. 

GOOD: When i figured the weight was too heavy i started doing just some strength training with the kettlebells and now i feel a bit more comfortable with the weight

NEXT: Next challenge (don't know a name or theme yet, but will come soon) i'm going to use a Double KB Simple Strength Endurance program from Onnit Academy.

Goal 2: Run faster

BAD: Didn't run enough, normally i recharge in the weekends but i had something every saturday and sunday and that depleted my energy a lot, luckily the busy weekends are over and i can recharge. So i'm expecting to run more frequently again next week.

GOOD: When i figured the weight was too heavy i started doing just some strength training with the kettlebells and now i feel a bit more comfortable with the weight

NEXT: Use Runkeeper instead of Nike+ and get back into good running shape.

Goal 3: Handstand

BAD: A bit the same as with running, not enough. 

GOOD: Got close to a minute on a headstand, just need to keep that flow for the rest.

NEXT: Focus a bit more on wall-stands for my shoulders strength and practice jumping up & bailing.

Side-Goal: 100% Gaming Spiderman Shattered Dimensions

BAD: While playing didn't enjoy the grind for all the achievements the whole month.

GOOD: When i stopped playing Spiderman i played a game i haven't finished yet and really enjoyed just playing the game.

NEXT: Focus less finishing a game on 100% a month and just play games i haven't finished yet and if i REALLY enjoy it ill get it to 100% just out of fun.

Verdict

So a lot of bad, good & next stuff. I'm going to try and post my next challenge tomorrow/this week so it won't be lost in the forums :D 

Thank you for joining me (even tough not a lot has happend) and hopefully i'll see you in my next challenge and hopefully i can be a better SUPPORTER to your challenge next time

• Like 2

Good way to view the first challenge of the year, and looks like you took a lot away from it, so I'm going with "grats on a successful challenge!" Sorry to hear about the busy weekends, that can really take it out of you when they're back to back. Here's to a better rest of the year. 

• Like 1