• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cold.jpg.JPG.d0dda68dab10a5a29a00f871e74a8965.JPG   

So this was what it was this morning before I went to the gym. Yesterday I didn't do anything, had a great New Years party with my wife and great friends, so yesterday I just lounged around, no errands to run, no work to do, nothing. Today I got to the gym, had a great workout, did some things around the house. I also did my meditation for today. There is a little modification to my challenge. The salad and oatmeal will be on my work days, I'm hoping to do this every day, but some days they don't have oatmeal or the salad is terrible. I usually eat scrambled eggs for breakfast, but sometimes eat a biscuit sandwich. No energy drinks, actually it's been a week since I have had an energy drink. I will be glad when this cold weather is over and by that I mean when the temperature gets back to double digits without a minus before that.

• Like 2

Long day today, up at 3:40 am home around 5:30pm, no gym today but did have my oatmeal for breakfast and a salad for lunch. I also got my meditation done. Should be a shorter day tomorrow so I'm going to the gym. Hope everyone is doing well, will try to read posts tomorrow. Time for some shut eye

• Like 1

Hit the gym today, good workout. Had my oatmeal for breakfast and for lunch a salad and soup. The oatmeal at work is so watery, but it's free, so I add honey and east it. Will meditate again before bed. Another day almost in the books.

• Like 1

Oatmeal was watery today and no honey, was rough, almost got scrambled eggs instead, will probably do that tomorrow if there is no honey or bring my own. I know, rough life. LoL

• Like 1

I love your list! Small and doable is the way to go. I started mediating about 3 years ago with only 2 minutes a day and now I can't imagine life without it. Have you tried any apps? I use Insight Timer now, which is free. I love it because you can see people meditating from all over the world! When I was a newbie, I really liked HeadSpace. I think there is a free trial for that one and then it is $12-13 a month after that. Good luck! I luck forward to tracking your progress!
Headspace is a good place to start. They have an intro course of 10 guided meditations 10 min apiece, which is free.
  • Like 2

Well didn't have a salad today, has some fish and chips with broccoli. Dinner was chicken and rice with chopped peppers and sesame seed, very good. Hit the gym today, heavy bag, rowing, Will do my meditating again. Every morning I've had to deal with some issue, it is amazing some people's behavior and what they think is acceptable. Working the weekend and off for a few days, can't wait.

• Like 2

Oatmeal today, no salad, but had sausage and pasta with Brussel sprouts, no energy drinks, so overall a good day. Will get on the scale Monday. No gym tonight. Last day before I'm off for a couple,  can't wait. Hope everyone is having a good weekend 

• Like 3

Well the end of week one was good, oatmeal 4/5 days and a salad 2/5 days. I did meditate every day and went to the gym 3x a week. Got to the gym today, skipped breakfast and am having lunch. The weather has warmed up a little which is nice. Short work week and off this weekend, can't wait for that. Starting on the long-term goal of getting rid of credit card and car debt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Enforcer25 said:

Well the end of week one was good, oatmeal 4/5 days and a salad 2/5 days. I did meditate every day and went to the gym 3x a week. Got to the gym today, skipped breakfast and am having lunch. The weather has warmed up a little which is nice. Short work week and off this weekend, can't wait for that. Starting on the long-term goal of getting rid of credit card and car debt.

Sounds like a very productive week!

• Like 1

Went to the gym today, a picture of me and one of my favorite training tools. Today was a great workout. I'm going to go out and get some Christmas lights down while there is a break in the weather. We are supposed to have rain and 50's and the next day 20's and snow, figure if I don't get them down it may be February before they come down. LoL

I really wanted an energy drink today, but resisted, made it home, had lunch and now outside. Hope everyone is having a good week. Below is a picture of me with one of my favorite training tools. I don't smile in pics, so it's not that I'm not happy. People usually ask why don't you smile, and my answer is "I don't know, I just don't. LoL

IMG_0224.thumb.JPG.c209ff66b14e6c0b419c6804e2684793.JPG

• Like 1

Long day today, had a guy out with the flu, so had to work late, so no gym tonight. Did have oatmeal and salad today and will meditate again. Shoulders were knotted up last night, meditated and thought of them being loose and when I woke up, I felt a lot better. Dinner, relax and back up at 3:40am. Giving a speech about my job tomorrow, will see how that goes. Hope everyone is doing great.

• Like 2

Great workout today, didn't have to give my speech, but thanks for the awesome gif Koaladle. I'm off this weekend, hoping to hit the gym Saturday, have several things to do, so we will see. Had my oatmeal and a salad today, so feeling good about that. One more day and a few days off. Cooking dinner and relaxing before bed.

• Like 3

Left work early, was over my hours, so hit the gym early. Did rowing last and was spent 8 minutes in, just wanted to make it to 10 minutes, those last two minutes seemed to take forever, lol. I finished and did some stretching, so overall a great workout. Will be giving a speech for new hires in two weeks, gives me time to prepare. Tomorrow my daughter will be a driver in a robot competition. This is not battle bots. :( so long day tomorrow, they will be stacking cones in different areas of a field, ill try to post some pictures tomorrow, so probably will not hit the gym tomorrow. 

• Like 2

5a5a7ee46df7a_Roboticscomp1.thumb.jpg.8a49ec532042f37d855ac6edbb3f06ea.jpg

This is the field for a robotic competition my daughter was in. They stack cones using the different robots, there is a time limit and various points for stacking and placing cones in different areas, there are a lot of rounds, over 60 usually, it's an all-day event. They weren't doing so well so our daughter said we could leave. We did get to see here drive a robot which was neat. I got to go to the gym so today was a great day. Going to relax and do get some cleaning done around the house and relax with a homebrewed peanut butter stout.

• Like 3

Super cool! Thanks for posting the pic. I was just wondering what it looked like and if you would get a chance to post a pic. AND you got to hit the gym? Sounds like a great day for sure. Peanut butter stout?! That. Sounds. Amazing. How does that even work? Does it actually taste like peanut butter??

• Like 1

Just now, The Real Syl Mil said:

Super cool! Thanks for posting the pic. I was just wondering what it looked like and if you would get a chance to post a pic. AND you got to hit the gym? Sounds like a great day for sure. Peanut butter stout?! That. Sounds. Amazing. How does that even work? Does it actually taste like peanut butter??

We use a peanut butter powder to give the stout its flavor, it is very good. Today was a very productive day, also got a haircut. :)  Now some cleaning and laundry :(  Hope your weekend is going well.

• Like 2

Took yesterday off from the gym. Managed to go to the gym 4x last week, had oatmeal and salad 2/3 days. Meditated every day so far. Had a great workout today. Did 1x305 for deadlift, didn't have the grip strength for any more reps. I did 3x205 on the bench press and was not sore after that so happy about that. Stretching afterward is a big help I feel, I used to never do that, however as I get older, 49 tomorrow, stretching is becoming necessary. I said I wasn't going to go heavy due to my shoulder, however, some days I just feel I want to so I do. Hoping to eat better in the later part of this month. 

• Like 2

This was the weather today

Snow.thumb.JPG.b2b6042f09631883e96976cccbaac425.JPG

Few inches of snow today, but still hit the gym. I had another great workout. Did lite punching on the heavy bag and some other cardio, was an interesting ride home with the weather, few periods of whiteout conditions. Hope everyone had a great day.

• Like 1

So,

Haven't been doing as well with eating oatmeal and salad while at work, I did have oatmeal on Wednesday, but not yesterday and I haven't had a salad this week, however, I'm not eating bad foods at work so I've got that going for me. I have been meditating every night and have been getting to the gym 3-4x a week. I used to get anxious if I missed a day, but have realized life gets in the way and I usually can go the next day. I usually do well for awhile and then miss a day and then a few more, and pretty soon it's several days or a few weeks. NF has helped to keep me accountable and as I get older, I want to be able to move around and stay active. Yesterday's workout was long, but felt good, went with lighter weights and 10 sets of 10 reps. Need to do better at eating better foods at home. I haven't had an energy drink since starting the challenge, which can be challenging when you wake up at 3:40am for work :( That is all for now. Hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 1

Was able to get a workout in :)  Love training on the heavy bag, no rowing today. I have a love/hate relationship with that machine. Lunch was a sandwich and some fries with brussel sprouts. Tonight will be leftovers, probably some pasta. Looking forward to meditating tonight. Work was busy but good. Dropping daughter off for band and then dinner, shower, relax bed. two more days till I'm off :) Hope everyone is doing great.

• Like 1

Not having good luck with the salad and oatmeal, will try to do better this week. did make it to the gym 4x, meditated every day, and no energy drinks. I have to give a presentation to new hires about what I and my guys do, thought I would be nervous, but I'm actually not, it's only in front of about 15 people so not a huge crowd. Workouts have been really good, not too much soreness. I'm going to change my bench press technique to help protect my shoulders and lift heavy weights. A short week of work this week, the weather is 50 with rain today, crazy weather, finally get the rest of the Christmas decorations done. Need to work better on my eating choices, not terrible, but could be better. Like seeing how everyone is doing well on the challenges, keep up the great work.

• Like 1