• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Baxtan

Don't call it a comeback...?

Recommended Posts

It's Monday Down Under....will post a pic in a little while once I figure out an image hosting site...but my weigh-in is 93kg so I'll be aiming for 86kg,

 

Crossfit vs Powerlifting, a classic Ranger vs Warrior showdown! 

 

I'm in training, get ready, super-saiyan is coming soon! 

 

latest?cb=20161125235143

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imgur is compatible with the boards and is pretty easy to use...use the direct link though, not the BB code if you go with it :) 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RES said:

Imgur is compatible with the boards and is pretty easy to use...use the direct link though, not the BB code if you go with it :) 

 

 

 

Thanks, I sorted one a while back, it might have been imgur, just need to find the deets as I forgot which one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go! 

 

Official weigh in @Endor is: 238lbs which is 107kg, so my goal will be 223lbs.

 

Had a workout today, first workout under my new programming focusing on Powerlifting.  Gotta say, I loved it.  It... just... felt... right. LOL. 

 

**As always weights are in pounds, not kilos**

Monday, Jan 8/18

A) Back Squat @20X1, 10-10-10, 3 min b/t sets

115/135/155

 

B ) Strict Dips@20X0

1 rep every min x 5 mins

**all reps completed successfully here, coach asked me how they felt afterwards and I showed him a vid of one and said easy, think reps will be going up next time haha**

 

**DISCLAIMER: When you see workouts labelled as C1,C2,C3 etc, that means that I am moving from station to station, so Floor Press, to Ring Rows, to FLR and then back to Floor Press if that makes sense**

C1) DB Floor Press @40X0  AMRAP unbroken @ 50lbs/arm x 3 sets, 1:30 b/t

4,6,5

*Didn't know what to think about using 50# Dumbbells as I haven't went that high in awhile, it was good tho! 

 

C2) Parellel Grip Ring Rows @ 40X0, 8-10 tough reps x 3 sets, 1:30 b/t

8,10,10

 

C3) FLR on Rings, 45-60 sec x 3 sets, 1:30 b/t

25 sec, 27, 28

**Didnt manage 45-60 secs here, but it is one of the first times doing this movement and I am sure it will get better with practice.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Endor said:

It's Monday Down Under....will post a pic in a little while once I figure out an image hosting site...but my weigh-in is 93kg so I'll be aiming for 86kg,

 

Crossfit vs Powerlifting, a classic Ranger vs Warrior showdown! 

 

I'm in training, get ready, super-saiyan is coming soon! 

 

Nice, as noted about I did my weigh in as well.  Totally forgot that we were taking a pic of the scale, can do again tomorrow morning if need be.  It's all good on my end tho, I trust ya! 

 

And yes, Ranger vs Warrior showdown, let the games begin haha!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baxtan said:

20X0

What does this mean?

 

Strict dips are a good indicator of a baseline level of strength, you look pretty comfortable so clearly pretty strong already :encouragement: I do them on rings, bit different, harder and easier at the same time as you need extra stabiliser muscles but at the same time they're not static so you can get into a comfortable position. Same goes for pullups, I find ring pullups a bit easier than bar for mobility but you  can't pull as hard if that makes sense. 

 

2 hours ago, Baxtan said:

C1,C2,C3 etc, that means that I am moving from station to station

Yep I get it, I call these supersets, no rest between.

 

2 hours ago, Baxtan said:

Totally forgot that we were taking a pic of the scale, can do again tomorrow morning if need be.  It's all good on my end tho, I trust ya! 

ok pics are a pain in the ass on the forum these days so let's just save 1 pic for final weigh-in as a motivator ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Endor said:

What does this mean?

 

Strict dips are a good indicator of a baseline level of strength, you look pretty comfortable so clearly pretty strong already :encouragement: I do them on rings, bit different, harder and easier at the same time as you need extra stabiliser muscles but at the same time they're not static so you can get into a comfortable position. Same goes for pullups, I find ring pullups a bit easier than bar for mobility but you  can't pull as hard if that makes sense. 

 

Yep I get it, I call these supersets, no rest between.

 

ok pics are a pain in the ass on the forum these days so let's just save 1 pic for final weigh-in as a motivator ;) 

 

20X0 is the temp that you are doing the lift in. So in that example, dips... it would be from the top of the dip, 2 seconds lower, 0 pause at bottom, X means accelerate to top as fast as you can, and then 0 pause at top.

 

Theyre kind of like supersets, but there is 1:30 in between all movements for this particular one. 

 

So with weigh ins, we doing that once a week? On Monday? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Baxtan said:

 

20X0 is the temp that you are doing the lift in. So in that example, dips... it would be from the top of the dip, 2 seconds lower, 0 pause at bottom, X means accelerate to top as fast as you can, and then 0 pause at top.

 

Theyre kind of like supersets, but there is 1:30 in between all movements for this particular one. 

 

So with weigh ins, we doing that once a week? On Monday? 

Ah ok I get it now. 

 

Yeah once a week, no peeking mid-week! :P 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well got my workout in today.  This morning was one of those mornings where motivation wasnt crazy high but I knew in my head that I still needed to put in the work.  So the workout when ahead and looked like this. 

 

A- Deadlift @ 11x1, 10-10-10, 3 min b/t sets, start @ 185lbs and add 10lbs every set, no touch n go reps, reset every rep and keep back tight. 

185/195/205 - All reps complete, felt like all the reps were good to. 

 

B- Barbell Split Squats @ 40x0, 6/leg x 4 sets, 45 sec b/t legs

65/75/80lbs

**This was my first time doing Split Squats believe it or not.  So just getting used to the movement, but they suck! LMAO

 

C- EMOM x 10 mins

1st- 10 sec top of ring dip hold

2nd- 30 sec double DB OH Hold @ 35lbs per arm

Completed successfully!

 

D- EMOMx 6 mins

1st- 30 sec weighted left side bridge

2nd- 30 sec weighted right side bridge

**Not great at these yet, used a 10lb plate and just tried to chip away at em. Gotta get that work in. 

 

Overall not a bad workout, as always, happy to Deadlift and the first EMOM actually went pretty well!  Gotta keep truckin' along folks even when you maybe don't feel your best. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another workout in the books today despite the -35C temperatures. LOL

 

A1 - Bench Press @ 20x1, 10-10-10, 1:30 b/t

115,135,145

 

A2 - Barbell Bent Over Rows @20x1, 10-10-10, 1:30 b/t

95,115,125

 

B1 - Tall Kneeling Anti Rotational DB Press @40x0, 6-9 reps/arm x 3 sets, 1:30 b/t

22.5,25,30

 

B2 - Single Arm DB Rows @40x0, 6-10 reps/arm x 3 sets, 1:30 b/t

35,40,45

 

C - 12 min @ EZ Pace

1 min rowing 

30 sec FLR on Rings

1 min rowing

30 sec Front Bridge

 

Completed 2 rounds and a half in the 12 mins, EZ Pace means you should be able to hold a conversation during the workout. 

 

Overall this workout felt pretty good today, the 12 min conditioning WOD we will call it felt kind of mindless, not in a bad way, just in a way that you could kind of zone out and just get the work done... which is nice every now and then. 

 

Weigh in coming Monday!  Let's go!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2018 at 10:00 AM, Baxtan said:

**This was my first time doing Split Squats believe it or not.  So just getting used to the movement, but they suck!

Supposed to be really good for you, these are on my list of stuff I need to do more of. 

 

On 11/01/2018 at 10:00 AM, Baxtan said:

This morning was one of those mornings where motivation wasnt crazy high but I knew in my head that I still needed to put in the work

Well done, those are the toughest days especially at the start, great job getting it done :encouragement: 

 

6 hours ago, Baxtan said:

-35C temperatures

You're kidding right?! That's ridiculous!

 

6 hours ago, Baxtan said:

FLR

what's this?

6 hours ago, Baxtan said:

Weigh in coming Monday!  Let's go!

Looks like you had a good week on the training front. How's your nutrition going?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Endor Yeah sometimes the day that you dont feel like working out but still get in the work regardless are the days that you grow the most. 

 

And the -35C?  I wish I was kidding lmao. 

 

FLR = Front Lean on Rings, basically set a pair of rings close to the floor and hold the top of a push up.  Great for balance, core stability, etc. 

 

Training this week was excellent.  Nutrition this was has been spot on for the last five days, since Monday, but I think it may be a cheat evening tonight.  Just for some mental rest. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday workout comin' your way!

 

A - Back Squat @20x1, 10-10-10, 3 min b/t

135,155,165

 

B - Strict Dips @ 20x0, 2-3 reps every minute for five minutes

3,3,2,2 (this set was hard), 1

 

C1 - Flat DB Bench Press @ 40x0, AMRAP unbroken reps @ 45# per arm x 3 sets, 1:30

10,8,9

 

C2 - Pendlay Row @ 40x0, 8-10 reps x 3 sets, 1:30

95x10, 105x8, 115x8

 

C3 - FLR on Rings, 45-60 sec x 3 sets, 1:30

30,35,31

 

Overall felt good about todays workout.  This will be the first workout I have done immediately following a day shift at work (7am-3pm) and I actually got home, got changed and got right to it... which Im proud of hah.  All lifts are progressing nicely and weight is going down, what more could I ask for haha. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Baxtan said:

Official weigh in this Monday morning at 6 am was 235.8, down 2.2lbs. Woohoo!

Excellent, well done mate, that's a perfect healthy drop. You're off the mark now, more to come I'm sure, stick at it this week  :encouragement: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Baxtan said:

DB Bench Press @ 40x0, AMRAP unbroken reps

hmmm interesting, I've never tried this I might mention it to my coach. How far into the 1:30 did you get? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Baxtan said:

actually got home, got changed and got right to it... which Im proud of

You should be proud o that, it's not easy. I think powerlifting is the tonic you needed ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Endor said:

hmmm interesting, I've never tried this I might mention it to my coach. How far into the 1:30 did you get? 

 

It's not for 1:30, 1:30 is the time between C1 exercise and C2.  It's just as many as you can get, unbroken, until failure.  Sorry for the confusion.  But yeah, it was awesome. 

 

11 hours ago, Endor said:

You should be proud o that, it's not easy. I think powerlifting is the tonic you needed ;) 

 

Agreed, its definitely rejuvenated me a bit.  

 

And to top it all off, I am getting these workouts in and then not just sitting on the couch in the evening, I'm painting our house as well! LMAO. No rest for the wicked. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Wednesday workout in the books. And yet another Wednesday where I really didn't feel mentally in the game when I first got home from work, but knew it had to get done.  So I just shut off my brain and did it.  Feel decent about it.  

 

A - Deadlift, 10-10-10, 3 min between sets, start at 205lbs and +10lbs every set, no touch n go reps. 

205, 215, 225... all reps completed. Strength is slowly coming back.  

 

B - Barbell Reverse Lunge, 1 min AMRAP @75lbs x 3 sets, 2 min between sets - each rep alternate legs. 

16,17,18 - This was a bit of a burner, definitely felt it. 

 

C - EMOM x 10 mins

1st - 10 sec top of ring dip hold

2nd - 20-30 sec hang from pull up bar

Completed this EMOM, got 10 sec every go around on the ring dip hold but could only muster between 12-15 seconds on hang from pull up bar. 

 

D - EMOM x 8 mins

1st - 30 sec weighted l side bridge

2nd - 30 sec weighted r side bridge

Used 10lbs again, getting somewhere in the mid 20s every round.  Still working on this position, sometimes I am finding it difficult to get into, dang old age, haha jokes... but really, not just joking... maybe... kinda. 

 

Eating hasnt been that great most of the week, I'm hoping it doesn't take a toll this week.  I can name every excuse in the book but at the end of the day I just haven't been finding time to prep properly.  Will work on it ASAP. 

 

Next workout, Friday!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Baxtan said:

another Wednesday where I really didn't feel mentally in the game when I first got home from work

Hump day! Good strategy to get straight into it when you get home, good job getting it done :encouragement: 

 

12 hours ago, Baxtan said:

dang old age

I know all about his!

 

12 hours ago, Baxtan said:

Eating hasnt been that great most of the week

Do you take food to work with you normally? I would imagine the food available at your work is not that great?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Endor said:

Do you take food to work with you normally? I would imagine the food available at your work is not that great?

 

Yes I do usually take food to work, its been the evenings and some cravings.  It has probably been worse than I think, but it could be better.  All in time.  :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Friiiday, Friiiday, Gotta get down on Friiiday!

 

Another workout in...

 

A1 - Bench Press, 10-10-10

135, 140, 145 (only 7 here, but that was one more than last week at the same weight!)

 

A2 - Barbell Bent Over Rows, 8-8-8

115, 135, 145 - BIG increases here from last week. Back gettin' strong!

 

B1 - Seated Single Arm Z Press w/DBs, 6-9 reps/arm x 3 sets

25(9), 30(6), 30(6R/4L)

 

B2 - Parellel Grip Ring Rows, 5-7 reps x 3 sets

7,7,7

 

C - 15 mins @ EZ Pace

1 min rowing

30 sec Front Bridge

30 sec FLR on Hands

1 min burpees

 

Like I said another workout in the books and I am feeling like my metabolism is starting to kick in due to the regular workouts again.  I don't know how to explain it but it just seems like my body is handling calories much easier and burning through them like a furnace.  A sign of this is my CO uniforms fitting more loosely than before.  

 

Next weigh in Monday, let's go!  Hopefully I still went down in weight despite eating not being that perfect this week.  Haha. 

 

tumblr_oieed927aG1sbjzoso1_1280.jpg

 

DEADLIFTS ALL DAY! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now