• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Baxtan

Don't call it a comeback...?

2 hours ago, Baxtan said:

A1 - Bench Press, 10-10-10

135, 140, 145 (only 7 here, but that was one more than last week at the same weight!)

A2 - Barbell Bent Over Rows, 8-8-8

115, 135, 145 - BIG increases here from last week. Back gettin' strong!

Gainz already! 

?width=500&version=2030152

A sign of this is my CO uniforms fitting more loosely than before.

This is a clear indicator of body composition changing, you're doing well, keep at it :encouragement: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Endor said:

Gainz already! 

?width=500&version=2030152

This is a clear indicator of body composition changing, you're doing well, keep at it :encouragement: 

Thanks Endor!  Good vibes going your way as well, now time to relax this weekend and maybe play some video games hah!  Or perhaps even some movies with the lovely lady ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baxtan said:

Thanks Endor!  Good vibes going your way as well, now time to relax this weekend and maybe play some video games hah!  Or perhaps even some movies with the lovely lady ;) 

Thanks, Saturday eve here now and been a good day. If you're stuck for something to choose, last night I watched 'Battle of the sexes' with my wife, it's about Billie Jean-King the Women's tennis champ playing a male champ in the 70's when chauvinism was rife. Pretty good and easy watching with the Mrs ;)

• Like 2

Monday morning and we are off to the races with another workout!

A - Back Squat, 8-8-8

155, 165, 175

B - Strict Dips, 2 reps unbroken every 1:30 x 6 sets

All reps completed here, last couple sets were tough. 

C1 - Single Arm DB Bench Press, AMRAP unbroken @ 45lbs/arm x 4 sets, 1 min between arms

8R/9L, 8R/8L, 7R/7L, 8R/8L

C2 - Pendlay Rows, 6-8 reps x 4 sets

105, 115, 120, 125

C3 - FLR on Rings, 40 sec unbroken x 4 sets

40, 30, 40, 32

So overall a pretty decent workout this morning.  Weights are going up on Squats which is a good sign that my strength is starting to come back.  Starting to feel pretty solid again, minus the mid section lmao.  Speaking of which...

@Endor Weigh in time!  Stepped on the scale this morning and came in at 233.9, which is minus 1.9lbs this week.  Considering like I mentioned before, my eating wasn't on point, I am pretty happy with a minus 2 this week.  Heck I would be happy with that even if my eating were on point!  Bodyweight is going in the right direction, and weights lifted are doing the same.  Supper happy with all of this!

So total down so far is 4.1lbs in 2 weeks.  4.1lbs = 1.9kg, 5.1 more to go. 

Deadlift Wednesday up next! 

• Like 3

Stepped on the scale this morning and came in at 233.9, which is minus 1.9lbs this week

Another solid week, excellent! Looks like it's coming off in a consistent way, approx 1kg a week is a healthy way to lose it. The most sustainable weight loss is a change in lifestyle rather than a crash diet, seems like you are striking a balance which is the sensible thing to do and what I'm also aiming for. You'll need a new pants for your uniform in a few weeks! Great job :encouragement: 

• Like 1

Another Deadlift Wednesday in the books.  

Yesterday, Tuesday, I was feeling real shitty. It was just one of those days that you wake up and just feel "out of it", if you know what I mean.  Mentally I was gone.  Luckily enough I woke up today and felt way better.  So back to work it was. 

A - Deadlift, 8-8-8

225, 235, 245 

B - Barbell Forward Lunges

75, 85, 95 

Hate Lunges, lmao

C - EMOM x 10 mins

1st - 15 sec top of ring dip hold

2nd - 20 sec unbroken pronated hang from pull up bar

All rounds completed successfully at Rx times

D - 10 mins of:

20 sec L side bridge

10 sec rest

20 sec R side bridge

10 sec rest

20 sec FLR on Rings

10 sec rest

20 sec Front Bridge

10 sec rest

Completed the ten minutes here... however I am still having trouble getting into a stable side bridge, gotta work on this. 

All in all I felt pretty good during this workout.  My neck has been a bit stiff the past couple days but loosened up when I started working out.  Deadlifts are still going up, which is AWESOME!  Hah.  

On 1/22/2018 at 1:52 PM, Endor said:

You'll need a new pants for your uniform in a few weeks! Great job :encouragement: 

Funny thing is that I still have the pants I wore from the last time I lost weight.  

• Like 3

On 25/01/2018 at 4:24 AM, Baxtan said:

Hate Lunges, lmao

My favorite exercise is a mix between a lunge and a crunch.....it's called a lunch. :lol: 

On 25/01/2018 at 4:24 AM, Baxtan said:

Funny thing is that I still have the pants I wore from the last time I lost weight.  

Even better, nice!

I stupidly threw out all my "fat pants" and ended up having to buy 2 pairs again :rolleyes: 

How have you been going the last few days?

How's the nutrition doing?

• Like 3

Here with some updates once again.  

So I usually workout M/W/F right now, well my Friday workout turned into a Sunday workout this week.  I had Friday off from work this week and we are in the midst of painting the upstairs of our house.  Well the first coat of the bathroom ended up taking me 5 1/2 hours, which was unexpected.  So my Friday and Saturday were basically filled with painting.  Which was okay, but kind of annoying for the workout schedule... luckily enough I found some time this morning.  So here it is... also, the bathroom now looks fantastic! LMAO

A1 - Bench Press, 8-8-8

Considering last Bench Press day I only managed 145 for 7, Ill take 150 for 8! Woot woot, more strength gains. 

A2 - Barbell Bent Over Rows, 6-6-6

125, 135, 145

B1 - Seated Barbell Z Press, 5 reps x 4 sets

45, 65, 75, 80

First time I have ever really done this.  Did it sitting on the floor and rest the bar on the safeties of my rack when it was not in motion.  Worked well. 

B2 - Parellel Grip Ring Rows, 5-7 reps x 4 sets

C - 15 min @ EZ pace

25 cal row

10 burpees - no jump @ top

I totally zoned out on this and just moved for 15 mins, didn't exactly keep track of a score haha

So overall another good week of training in the books.  I believe this is my third week of training @ 3x a week consistently.  It is almost starting to feel like habit now and even this week when I couldn't get it in Friday I got kinda cranky lmao.  Weigh in is tomorrow for my challenge against @Endor and although my nutrition could probably be better at times I am crossing my fingers that the weight on the scale is still going down, it feels like it is.  

On 1/26/2018 at 8:33 PM, Endor said:

How have you been going the last few days?

How's the nutrition doing?

See above, lmao.  

See you all next time!  

• Like 2

On 29/01/2018 at 5:59 AM, Baxtan said:

when I couldn't get it in Friday I got kinda cranky

I know exactly what you mean! 

Well done getting the workout done, despite the painting. I'd rather eat slugs than do painting so that definitely counts as some extra effort this week too! 

On 29/01/2018 at 5:59 AM, Baxtan said:

Woot woot, more strength gains. 

gif-breaking-bad.gif

• Like 1

Well weigh in was done this morning and I came in at 233.5lbs, so that is a decrease of 0.4lbs lmao.  Progress if progress.  Tbh my week was real shitty in eating.  No weight gain tho so that is a good thing, onward and upwards!  

Workout today was; 

A - Back Squat, 6-6-6

165, 185, 205

This is the first time I have squatted over two hundred pounds for reps in a very long time and it felt great!  #pumped 

B - Strict Dips, 2 reps every 1:30 x 8-10 sets

Completed 10 sets here

C1 - Close Grip Bench Press, 10-6-4-2

95,105(x8 for some reason lol), 125, 145

C2 - Pendlay Rows, 5 reps x 4 sets

115, 125, 135, 155

C3 - FLR on Rings, 30 sec x 4 sets

And that's that.  Didn't feel like working out as soon as I got home today but put my head down and got it done this evening and even tho I wasn't exactly feeling my best today for working out, I accomplished a lot on my squats and felt pretty dang good during the whole workout.  So that's a win!  Let's go!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Baxtan said:

Well weigh in was done this morning and I came in at 233.5lbs, so that is a decrease of 0.4lbs lmao.  Progress if progress.  Tbh my week was real shitty in eating.  No weight gain tho so that is a good thing, onward and upwards!  

A drop is a drop and that's a win so well done. You know you can do better on the nutrition front, so that's something to work on this week. Don't forget as well that you are training again, probably some muscle gain to offset some fat loss.  Are you doing progress photos? You should do them once a week even if you don't want to look at them, thank me later ;) 

33 minutes ago, Baxtan said:

This is the first time I have squatted over two hundred pounds for reps in a very long time

Now we're talking! Starting to get heavy, awesome :encouragement: 

34 minutes ago, Baxtan said:

(x8 for some reason lol)

:lol: my brain would have done that too 

Getting those workouts done and getting the results, well done mate this has been a solid challenge for you :applause: 

• Like 2

Well Deadlift Wednesday came on a Friday this week haha. Soooo here it is!

A - Deadlift, 6-6-6

225, 245, 265

B - DB Front Rack Reverse Lunge, 10-10-10

25, 30, 35

C - EMOM x 20 mins

1st - 10-15 sec top of ring dip hold

2nd - 30 sec FLR on Rings

3rd - 20-30 sec hang from pullup bar

4th - 20-30 sec chest to ring hold

Deadlifts keep going up, up, and up.  265x6 was the highlight of my day and dont want to brag, but it felt easy!

On 1/29/2018 at 8:59 PM, Endor said:

Woah hold up...I got the dates wrong LOL we have a few days left :rolleyes: 

Wait.. what? LOL sorry I get confused easy, especially after deads hahaha. 

• Like 2

Wooooooo check out the fancy Rogue plates! B)

Looks like good form, getting heavy there too, nicely done :encouragement: 

• Like 2

Well I suppose I have to write a "wrap up" post to this challenge.  Alas good things do come to an end but I am excited for what the future brings.  

As of this morning I am sitting right around 232 LBS which is down 6 LBS from the start of this challenge, around 4 weeks ago... so that is a win!  And even tho I didn't follow a "paleo-ish diet" as I quoted in my original post, I feel good about what I have accomplished in this weight loss category and making better food choices overall. 

My big win here is in the workout department.  I have been steadily working out 3x a week now for four weeks and I am starting to feel like it is part of my life again, which is a very good thing!

So now the time has come, the time to leave the comforting confines of the "newbies thread" and time to venture out into the wild world of the Warriors guild.  That is where I will be posting challenges hence forth if anyone would like to follow a long. 

In closing I would like to thank everyone who encouraged and followed me this time around, special thanks of course goes out to my PVP battle buddy @Endor, and my fellow Powerlifter @Laghail.

See you all next time! 

PS: @Endor I'm guessing our challenge is still going to 7kg.  I will PM you tomorrow with my official Monday weigh in! 

• Like 3

Well done, you have got off to a really great start and graduate with honor.

You should be really proud, especially of those days you didn't feel like doing your workouts and used berserker mode  to get them done. You might not even have known that was an NF thing, it probably came to you naturally so it would seem the Warriors is the best fit for you, at least for the time being, good guild choice!

The even better news is we Rangers love to smoke Warriors in PvP's so get ready for total annihilation :P :lol: 

4 hours ago, Baxtan said:

PS: @Endor I'm guessing our challenge is still going to 7kg.  I will PM you tomorrow with my official Monday weigh in! 

Yep we'll roll it over into the next challenge. You can still drop it here if you like I'm following so I'll see it. 

• Like 2

Well I am going to use this thread, whether the challenge is over or not, just to keep my updates rolling this week. 

Workout today looked like this...

A - Press, work to a tough set of 6

B - Deadlift, 6 reps x 4 sets, start @245lbs + 20lbs per set

245, 265, 285, 305

Wow actually completed the 305x6 here. Super pumped about this.  First time I have been over 300# on Deadlift for reps in a very very long time!  

C - Sumo Stance Good Mornings, 5-6 reps x 5 sets

65, 70, 75, 80, 85

First time ever doing these.  Good way to stretch out hammies for sure.  I'm sure the more I do them the more the weight used will go up. 

D - 12 mins: 

30 sec row @ 85-90%

30 sec row @ 80%

30 sec row @ 75%

30 sec row @ 70%

60 sec row @ 50%

Completed this and got 2424 meters / 133 cals.

Workout felt good today.  Watched the documentary "Born Strong" this morning, which is awesome and I would recommend to anyone no matter what type of lifting you are into. 

@Endor Official weigh in this Monday morning was 233.2, which is -0.3 from last week.  Which means in the last four weeks I have lost 5.1lbs, which is equal to 2.3kgs... 4.7kg to go in this PvP battle.  You have quite the lead on me.  Either way, I'm happy with my progress.  And there is definitely more to come, be on your toes buddy! Haha.  

Also I didn't even know I was going into Beserker Mode.  Sick!  LOL. 

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

You been killing it man, it's inspiring to watch.

Thanks Lag!  I have more gas in the tank and there is definitely more to come.  Hope you won't be a stranger around the Warrior forums come the new challenge. Hah! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/02/2018 at 5:53 AM, Baxtan said:

Watched the documentary "Born Strong" this morning

I really enjoyed that one too, great entertainment and inspiration. 

On 06/02/2018 at 5:53 AM, Baxtan said:

@Endor Official weigh in this Monday morning was 233.2, which is -0.3 from last week.  Which means in the last four weeks I have lost 5.1lbs, which is equal to 2.3kgs... 4.7kg to go in this PvP battle.  You have quite the lead on me.  Either way, I'm happy with my progress.  And there is definitely more to come, be on your toes buddy! Haha.  

Well done, everything going in the right direction, momentum is powerful.  I'm not getting complacent, you remember the hare and the tortoise right?!  Steady consistency is what wins in the end ;) 

These are two of my all-time favorite NF articles, especially the second one. 

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/are-you-boring/

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/robots/

• Like 1

Wednesday workout in the books. And yet again more weight on the bar than Ive used in a long time. 

A - Back Squat, work to a max 6

Havent been at 215 for awhile, and definitely not for 6. 

B - Close Grip Bench Press, work to a max 6

Considering on Jan 29 I got 145x2, Ill take 155x6!

C - EMOM x 20 mins

1st - 6 tough push press @ 75lbs

2nd - 30 sec FLR on Rings

3rd - 6 bent over rows @ 135lbs

4th - 20-30 secs of hollow rocks

This was a spicy one towards the end.  But I enjoyed it in a weird way hah

In other news, two days in a row now that I have had my diet on point.  Going for day number three right meow!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baxtan said:

Going for day number three right meow!

You can do it, it's all about calorie control!

food-gifbaby-gifcat-gif.gif

• Like 1