• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos - Back to the path

Spoiler info on me for those who are interested.

Spoiler

I am a mom to 2 Agents of Chaos (Eldest and Youngest), and 3 fur agents (Agent Black (kitten), Agent Feline (older cat) and Agent K9 (dog)). I am married and I work part time. I also go to college while being that mom that helps at the school and is the first one teachers call when they need something. I garden and could almost call it homestead somewhat with canning food to last the year.

Things are not easy sometimes (most of the time). I am trying to balance everything while still maybe finding something for me in the process. I am learning to try and juggle all the things while still helping here at home. There is no "go to the gym" time with kids in activities 4 nights a week and my work and schoolwork. The semester is ending, and that brings a new level of chaos called finals that I must also master.

Long term goals: Get healthy, get control of the chaos so its less chaos, and either avoid or learn to handle the rocks being thrown at me better.

So the last year, like many rebels has been rougher than expected. While I don’t feel I have made as much progress as I like, a number of people here have reminded me that I have. As I leave the warmth and comfort of the library, I again strike out into the forest hopefully on the path to where I want to be. It is cold, and there is snow falling from the sky, which makes the walking harder and slower.

9a2f10f907c8c1e688d2fba955da5f08.gif

As I trudge down the path, I hope to take the things I learned in the library about how to continue forward, and that all magic comes at a price. There is no magic that will make me instantly reach my destination, but with the magic of technology and friendship from my fellow nerds, I hope to maybe make some real progress this challenge. While I know there will be hurdles and challenges in my path, all I can do is hope to stick to the path and go forward.

In the upcoming month is multiple things that can throw me off track, school restarting for me and the Agents. 3 more Christmas celebrations, a birthday party and a wedding to name a few. Things never slow down, but I need to adapt to the curve balls better and not just go “well that’s destroyed, scrap the day.”

Part of the focus of this month is to maintain what I already do while handling all the things that need done. But part of the focus is on making a bit more progress on moving forward. While I know the snow and cold outside will slow me down, hopefully it won’t stop me in my tracks completely

My Goals, broken down by category since that made sense to me from last challenge.

Life and Family

o   Spend time with Agents (1pt)I find this is helping remind me why I am doing all of this, and its helping them know it’s okay to come talk to mom since mom does spend a ton of time doing homework. More time with them now is important.

o   Plan (1pt) – Our lives need a plan for each day. I can’t just punt and say “we will figure it out” since we spend more time trying to plan on the fly then accomplishing things. Having a starting point is a huge step.

o   Be in bed by 11:30 each night(1pt) -  I can’t keep living without sleep or on 3 hours a night, so time to set a bedtime. Hopefully it doesn’t come down to be in bed on time or do the rest of my goals.

o   One Good Thing (1pt) – I am not going to lie. Some days this is easy, some days, I struggle to find a good thing. But it is reminding me that as hard as life can be, as many “one more things” that get thrown at us, I can still find something good each day.

o   Check Seedlings and plants (1/2 pt) -  In mid Jan, we will be starting the first sets of seedlings for the summer garden. This needs done since we do rely on that food produced to feed out family and it’s a good quality time for me and Youngest. On top of that, I need to remember to water the plants we brought in from outside (the pineapple and lemon tree look sad) and this is a good reminder to just check them once a day to see if they need something.

Walking

o   10,500 steps (1pt) – When I am working, this is easy, but I need to focus on doing it every day and not just some days.

o   Walk 15 minutes every day (1pt) – Either outside or on the treadmill. However, this cannot be just walk the longer short way to the school and back. This needs to be either the long long way or another route entirely. This will help with the extra steps each day.

o   Walk to Mordor (1/2 pt) – I am going to start walking to Mordor. I may try jumping into the NF one, but if not, I have my own spreadsheet I can track on. This will be using my daily steps. This will also be a bit of a long term goal since it will take me more than once challenge to get there.

Strength

o   Continue other exercises (1pt) - I need to continue working on my previous strength exercises. I would like to be able to do 75 sit ups, 50 leg lifts, 25 reverse sit ups, 25 pushups.

o   Balance Ball pushups (1pt)  - I will be using this form. My goal is to do 25 by the end of the challenge

Flexibility

o   Continue other stretches (1pt)  - I need to do these stretches once daily. Butterfly, Toe touch, Ballet bar (with the half wall), Wrist extension, then the 2 Yoga (dog and child)

o   Mediating Groot (1pt) – Not this Groot  but more the Yoga Tree pose. Youngest called it Meditating Groot, so that is its name now.

groot_mandala_by_megmcmuffins-d86zzwz.jp

Fighting Chaos

o   At least 5 minutes in at least one room (1pt) – The battle rages here. I could do more each day, but if I get at least one of these, it’s a win. If I do more than one. Then gold stars for me.  Counts for Computer room, bedroom or basement

o   Keep current surfaces clean (1pt) – Half of why this works is keeping the current parts rolling, so I need to make sure that the table, Island and peninsula, bathroom up and down sink and my desk stay clear. If I stay on top of this, it shouldn’t be too bad.

o   Clean the half wall (1pt) – This has become a collector or stuff. I need to start moving stuff off it. Especially since Agent Black has decided to start knocking stuff off into the water bowl below.

Because I am crazy (or overachieving) – BONUS GOALS

Bonus Nutrition Goal

o   Eat at least one of each every day (all 3 items) – So I had decided on this one until @fleaball reminded me that I need sleep. I need to eat the dried apricots and bananas as much as I am not a fan for my potassium levels. I need to eat the yogurt for the probiotic bit. None of these things are my favorite foods, which is why it’s hard. A bonus point for each one achieved.

What does all this mean? Total points for the day is 15, with a possible 3 bonus points per day. Hopefully I see progress by the end of this challenge. Right now, it’s time to keep going forward.

• Like 8

PART B for this challenge, I am sure it will change as the month goes. Do note, this list was made a day or 2 ago, so some stuff is already done.

Challenge 1-4 Part B

o   Watch roof leak

o   Dentist apt #1

o   Dentist appointment #2

o   Mail Christmas letters that were suppose to go out before now

o   Christmas #2

o   Christmas #3

o   Chosen Family Christmas

o   Finish Christmas gifts for Chosen family

o   Set up kids gift exchange

o   Watch Youngest Friend day 1

o   Watch youngest friend day 2

o   Schedule dentist appointment #3

o   Gift for wedding

o   Kids Dentist apt

o   RETURNS All the returns

o   Kids return to school

o   Update list of doom

o   Tear down Christmas decorations

o   Outside

§  Roof

§  yard

o   Inside

§  Tree

§  Stockings

§  garland

o   Semester starts

o   Set up Binders for semester

o   Get books for semester

o   Girls weekend

o   Youngest Dr apt

o   Wedding

o   Find homes for Christmas gifts

o   Sign up for Youngest Party Valentines

o   Set up challenge

o   Figure out challenge

o   Set up Spreadsheet

o   Set up bullet Journal

o   Change signature

o   Decide what we are growing

o   Order last of seeds

o   Determine if we have seed starting supplies

o   Start seedlings

o   Start peppers

o   Start tomatoes

o   Start hydroponics

o   Youngest Birthday party

o   Find decorations

o   Arrange cake and things

o   Last of presents

o   Goodie bags

§  Fill goodie bags

• Like 5

What about just taking a probiotic pill if you don’t like yogurt?

eta: duh, also here to cheer you on because you are made of awesome sauce. 

• Like 3

I love your Fighting Chaos goals! I have been telling myself that I was going to come up with a schedule for the family to follow to simplify things since I live with some people that have trouble getting started. Usually if they get the ball rolling they find a lot can get done in 5 minutes. you have inspired me to work on that schedule this week. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, fleaball said:

What about just taking a probiotic pill if you don’t like yogurt?

I thought about that. However, I am currently trying to get to my long range unofficial goal of eating unprocessed stuff. It goes back to the homestead side of me that eventually  we won't be eating anything processed. I can bake bread, I can make crackers. Its a matter of doing it. And if I can find the thing I need in food as opposed to pills, then I am going to try that first.

18 hours ago, fleaball said:

eta: duh, also here to cheer you on because you are made of awesome sauce. 

Thank you, and I may not be made of awesome sauce yet, but I am trying. That's all I can do and I appreciate the support.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WantMy$2 said:

I love your Fighting Chaos goals! I have been telling myself that I was going to come up with a schedule for the family to follow to simplify things since I live with some people that have trouble getting started. Usually if they get the ball rolling they find a lot can get done in 5 minutes. you have inspired me to work on that schedule this week. 

I have been doing some of these goals for awhile now. It originally started when I couldn't walk in my basement anymore. It had collected so much stuff that there was a tiny path to the washer and dryer and a tiny path down the pantry shelves. That was it. I went down and started doing 5 minutes a day. Sometimes it was 2 minutes (aka, I moved 3 things, I am done today) and sometimes it was 20. But after about a year to 18 months, It was so empty we bought a treadmill and had an exercise area down there. I am using the same technique in other rooms and its helped so much. I didn't use to have a space for my legs at my desk. After a month or so of it being a challenge goal ot work in this room, I have nothing under my desk.

The clean spaces one was born of necessity. I was waking up and making lunches every morning. Only I had to clear space to make a lunch. It was horrible. So I started by cleaning just the island (its really small, its actually a console table) before bed. before I knew it, I was never angry in the mornings making lunch. Next was the table so we could eat meals. Then my desk so I could find my homework.  Sometimes there is a pile of other peoples stuff. I have places where I put it for them to deal with (Hubby's goes on his desk chair, Eldest on his desk, Youngest.. wherever I can find that its clean enough to hold it). But before I go to bed, I know I can start the day with at least a few clean spots. The overall plan here is to make everyone see the junk they leave laying around and maybe even have a cleanish home more days than not, which is why I just add one more space each challenge. Yeah some days it gets missed, and it takes a bit longer to clean, but if I stay on top, its maybe 3 minutes a spot before bed.

• Like 3

It really does make a world of difference to have a clean counter. I'm the main cook in the house and we were just discussing the other day about how we eat out sometimes just because I don't want to have to clean off some counter space and do dishes so that I can then cook. It would save our pockets too.

I have thought of getting a box to put ll the laying around stuff in. Maybe I will get a couple. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WantMy$2 said:

It really does make a world of difference to have a clean counter. I'm the main cook in the house and we were just discussing the other day about how we eat out sometimes just because I don't want to have to clean off some counter space and do dishes so that I can then cook. It would save our pockets too.

This really does happen here too. And the mornings are much smoother without me knocking things over to get the sandwiches made. Honestly, I started with one section. Then another. I still have some that collect things (Christmas cookies anyone) but those are another challenge. Right now, it was about making as much simpler a day than anything. And my desk is the cleanest one in the house, even with Agents dropping papers or pictures or notes on it every 5 minutes.

3 minutes ago, WantMy$2 said:

I have thought of getting a box to put ll the laying around stuff in. Maybe I will get a couple. 

I would say get one per person. Or get some nice baskets that you don't mind having sitting out, so when you find something that person X left laying around, it goes there. Unless its shoes or lego men. Shoes get hidden in this house (the ceiling fans and tops of cabinets are great for that) and lego men hang from the pull chain on the ceiling fan. They don't get left laying around anymore. And the Agents have a fun time trying to catch me or Hubby with our shoes laying around, so they can hide them too.

• Like 3

So I decided to start the challenge yesterday because well, I had no reason not to. waiting a few more days isn't going to make things easier. And it meant I got to cross a few more things off the Part B list since it got it rolling. My Bullet journal isn't set up yet, but I printed off the list of things in my bullet Journal (I typed it up so its easier to reproduce for each month, since I got tired of flipping pages back and forth), and I wrote everything down there. All told, yesterday went okay. My walking wasn't great and we had a lovely snow storm with like 5 inches of snow, but I got everything else done.

Oh, and my good thing, I automated the crap out of my spreadsheet. Now I add if I did it or not, and it adds the points up for me, including the (if I did one, then I get all the points), it tracks multiple days and adds all that up. It took like an hour and a half to learn to use SUMIF and OR in Excel, but it is done and now I add in as I go, it adds the points automagically and I can just copy from that spreadsheet ot my daily update form and BOOM. Then its just type a blurb for the day and DONE.

The down side, I think my body is finally done. I am just tired and crabby and I need a day off. Too bad I have family coming in a week and then a birthday and then another 2 day Christmas thing. I need time off is what I need. Anyone want to come clean the house for me?

Here's the day in a nutshell (and yes I am type A, why do you ask?)

Goal

Description

12/29/2017

Nutrition

120 oz water

y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Meditating Groot

y

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

y

One good thing

y

Plan

y

Be in bed by 11:30

y

Check seedlings

y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

At least 5 minutes per room (at least one)

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

N

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 13 /15

Total points for entire challenge 13/15

Bonus Goals

12/29/2017

Eat dried apricots

y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

Y

Total Bonus points for day 3/3   

Total bonus points for entire challenge 3/3

• Like 2

So I have been dragging my feet the last 2 days about setting up my bullet Journal. I need to track my stuff for challenges. However, it is fairly small (A little over 4x6) and it was getting hard to fit everything into it (which I guess is a win in itself). However it did say "Trust your Crazy ideas"

Tonight, we got our Christmas presents from my SIL in the mail. My presents the new Bullet Journal I saw online and wanted. Its 8x11 so its so much larger. And they are adorable. Because well, This is what they look like:

41tQ979Zm+L._SX398_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg               410mOC8I6YL._SX398_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Now the ultimate question. which to use first. Dragon or Unicorn? Dragon to burn through my goals or Unicorn to magic my way through them.

And no more writing in chicken scratch to use it.

Back to normal challenge stuff and figuring out which one to use.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

Those are the best and I do not envy your decision.

So I woke up saying "Okay< I got this, Lets make a journal..." I cam down and they are sitting on top of each other on my desk. Still no idea which to use. Ugh.

I guess I will be using the paper Day 3 until I figure this out. Youngest said I am the dragon who will burn all these things up so I should use it first. But I have a unicorn collection that started when I was like 3 so I kinda lean to unicorn (What, in my family, everyone is given an animal at birth as their thing. I never outgrew mine"

• Like 3

On 12/29/2017 at 12:46 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Thank you, and I may not be made of awesome sauce yet, but I am trying. That's all I can do and I appreciate the support.

You're already made of awesome sauce. You just can't see it yet. :)

On 12/29/2017 at 1:19 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Unless its shoes or lego men. Shoes get hidden in this house (the ceiling fans and tops of cabinets are great for that) and lego men hang from the pull chain on the ceiling fan. They don't get left laying around anymore. And the Agents have a fun time trying to catch me or Hubby with our shoes laying around, so they can hide them too.

I love this!

22 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Now the ultimate question. which to use first. Dragon or Unicorn? Dragon to burn through my goals or Unicorn to magic my way through them.

Good luck on that decision. 

unicorn_and_dragon_by_interpol_p.png

• Like 2

So Yesterday was a good day overall. I was actually on the treadmill and going to make my goal. Then my foot freaked out. Which made me paranoid since it was the foot I tore a tendon in before in the same place it hurt. I stopped walking at that point and called it a night.

Overall, I feel yesterday went better for a weekend than usual. We are still fighting some random bits, but I got Hubby to be the jerk to make me hit the treadmill. So more of that or something. I will say I was doing enough on the treadmill my fitbit called it aerobic exercise.  And since its snowing and "Don't go outside due to cold and frostbite" warnings. Yeah, I will use the treadmill.

My one good thing of the day was to wake up to find Eldest Agent got all productive while we slept. Apparently my discussion with him the night before about people coming and house a mess had an effect since not only were his chores done, but the floor was swept, he loaded the dishwasher and was picking up random stuff. I am so proud.

Also, I spent some quality time with Youngest. I was trying to get to bed earlier, so she and I did most of my chores together. Oh, and she did the exercises. And may I say, I held a plank longer than her so I was a tad proud (granted, hers was her elbows, mine was on my hands).

Other than that, things went well aside from one of my new filling starting to hurt for no reason. That was annoying.

Goal

Description

12/30/2017

Nutrition

120 oz water

y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Meditating Groot

y

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

y

One good thing

y

Plan

y

Be in bed by 11:30

y

Check seedlings

y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

At least 5 minutes per room (at least one)

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 14 /15

Total points for entire challenge 27/30

Bonus Goals

12/30/2017

Eat dried apricots

Y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

y

Total Bonus points for day 3/3   

Total bonus points for entire challenge 6/6

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

You're already made of awesome sauce. You just can't see it yet. :)

You are sweet. Thank you. I hope to see it one day.

I love this!

Not going to lie. I was tired of finding shoes in the middle of the floor or lego men I stepped on. As a result, we got creative with them. And now I get to have fun trolling them a bit about things. We also yell "cave troll" when someone doesn't open their curtains in the mornings because I got tired of doing it. The kids take it in stride telling me "They will slay it. CHARGE" and then its fixed.

Good luck on that decision. 

unicorn_and_dragon_by_interpol_p.png

Not going to lie. I love that picture. At our wedding, Hubby had a goblet with Dragons on it, mine had Unicorns. so this is kinda us.  Youngest made the decision by saying I should burn through my challenges. Dragon it is.

grees_by_allagar-daw6rk6.jpg

• Like 3

Hello! Really happy to come back and find you here and waging battle against the chaos in such a stalwart fashion. The number of things you have going on simultaneously is mind-boggling and I think your endurance and resilience are really admirable. You've also got some really great systems in place (fantastic spreadsheet, bullet journal, breaking things into little chunks, etc.) and a lot of your approaches to problem solving show insight into human nature: like how you use humour to get your kids to cooperate with keeping their shoes tidy, or using cleaning or exercising together as a way to efficiently spend time with your littlest one while also showing her good habits. In summary: you're doing a lot of fantastic, well-thought-out, badass stuff.

Your talk of starting seeds got me so excited! I've still got part of my seed starting setup from when I was farming (sold some, but kept enough for my personal gardening) and I'm excited about getting back into the dirt. I'm in Boston, so I don't seed any veggies until March, but I'll start my snapdragons, stock, sweet william, and sweet peas in February. If you ever want to nerd out about gardening/growing in general, let me know  :)   And it'd be great to see pictures of your seedlings and garden if you're ever so inclined.

I'm super excited about your challenge and I hope it starts off the year magnificently for you. It's what you deserve.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Excellent choice. Dragons are awesome.

I love dragons and Unicorns. But yeah, this one works well.

29 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Where online did you see those journals? I want the dragon book!

https://www.amazon.com/Get-Shit-Done-Professionally-Designed/dp/1546506586/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514768871&sr=8-1&keywords=Dragon+Get+shit+done+Bullet+Journal

Because Amazon has everything. They have a whole series with other things on the cover. I just thought these 2 were the best. They also have the dragon one that says "Slay all Day" but I though the Get Shit done made more sense in my case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Severine said:

Hello! Really happy to come back and find you here and waging battle against the chaos in such a stalwart fashion. The number of things you have going on simultaneously is mind-boggling and I think your endurance and resilience are really admirable. You've also got some really great systems in place (fantastic spreadsheet, bullet journal, breaking things into little chunks, etc.) and a lot of your approaches to problem solving show insight into human nature: like how you use humour to get your kids to cooperate with keeping their shoes tidy, or using cleaning or exercising together as a way to efficiently spend time with your littlest one while also showing her good habits. In summary: you're doing a lot of fantastic, well-thought-out, badass stuff.

HI Severine. Thank you for saying such nice things. This seems dumb, but I remember when I joined NF, you and Flea were the cool kids and I was just happy you guys didn't tell me to go away. So yeah, this means a ton. Thank you.

I am trying to juggle it all. It doesn't go well all teh time, but I keep trying. THe humor is more how Hubby and I deal with stress. If you can't laugh about it in some way, then the stress wins. I mean we were in the hospital room before my dad went in for a triple bypass making jokes of they would never get through the chest hair. (what, doesn't everyone say that?)

Your talk of starting seeds got me so excited! I've still got part of my seed starting setup from when I was farming (sold some, but kept enough for my personal gardening) and I'm excited about getting back into the dirt. I'm in Boston, so I don't seed any veggies until March, but I'll start my snapdragons, stock, sweet william, and sweet peas in February. If you ever want to nerd out about gardening/growing in general, let me know  :)   And it'd be great to see pictures of your seedlings and garden if you're ever so inclined.

I didn't use to like to garden. but Youngest fell in love and has taught me to love it. Its something we can do together. While nothing will be out before Mothers day (I am in IL). I can start seeds for tomatoes and peppers that will take FOREVER before they are ready to go outside. Nothing we have is real professional grade, but rather hobbled together things we made up as we go along. we will definitely have to geek plants as things get started soon. Youngest loves planting things that are the wrong color. Like we have purple sparkle sweet peppers she ADORES and blue snow peas. So yeah, We have had years with 150 lbs of tomatoes coming in so it goes a long way in helping with the grocery bill.

I'm super excited about your challenge and I hope it starts off the year magnificently for you. It's what you deserve.

Thank you, I know I should feel a bit more excited, but I think I just want to get moving to things I can get started. School won't start for a few more weeks. I Can't hurry up the last few Christmases, so lets work on things I can make progress on. I am hoping this year will be the year I finally see real progress. Right now, I am shooting for about 11 lbs to my first goal. Then I can look at the next 25..

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I love dragons and Unicorns. But yeah, this one works well.

https://www.amazon.com/Get-Shit-Done-Professionally-Designed/dp/1546506586/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514768871&sr=8-1&keywords=Dragon+Get+shit+done+Bullet+Journal

Because Amazon has everything. They have a whole series with other things on the cover. I just thought these 2 were the best. They also have the dragon one that says "Slay all Day" but I though the Get Shit done made more sense in my case.

HA! I think I'm going to get the one with T-Rex on it :) Smash shit!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

HI Severine. Thank you for saying such nice things. This seems dumb, but I remember when I joined NF, you and Flea were the cool kids and I was just happy you guys didn't tell me to go away. So yeah, this means a ton. Thank you.

This is definitely not how I see myself! We're all the cool kids together, or there are no cool kids. I'm happy we're all here.

I am trying to juggle it all. It doesn't go well all teh time, but I keep trying. THe humor is more how Hubby and I deal with stress. If you can't laugh about it in some way, then the stress wins. I mean we were in the hospital room before my dad went in for a triple bypass making jokes of they would never get through the chest hair. (what, doesn't everyone say that?)

My grandparents have a similar sense of humour and I love it  :)  I do it too when I am mostly sure the people around me won't be offended.

I didn't use to like to garden. but Youngest fell in love and has taught me to love it. Its something we can do together. While nothing will be out before Mothers day (I am in IL). I can start seeds for tomatoes and peppers that will take FOREVER before they are ready to go outside. Nothing we have is real professional grade, but rather hobbled together things we made up as we go along. we will definitely have to geek plants as things get started soon. Youngest loves planting things that are the wrong color. Like we have purple sparkle sweet peppers she ADORES and blue snow peas. So yeah, We have had years with 150 lbs of tomatoes coming in so it goes a long way in helping with the grocery bill.

Maybe we should trade seeds at some point. I have purple striped string beans, green tomatoes (they're green when ripe!), purple tomatoes, white pumpkins, purple and yellow carrots, beets with stripes on the inside, yellow and purple cauliflower, white eggplants, etc. I like growing unusual things :)

Good luck with your gauntlet of multiple christmasses!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Severine said:

I have purple striped string beans, green tomatoes (they're green when ripe!), purple tomatoes, white pumpkins, purple and yellow carrots, beets with stripes on the inside, yellow and purple cauliflower, white eggplants, etc. I like growing unusual things :)

Those all sound so cool!!!

(I have no where to grow plants, sadly. T_T)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WantMy$2 said:

HA! I think I'm going to get the one with T-Rex on it :) Smash shit!

I love that one too.

9 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Those all sound so cool!!!

(I have no where to grow plants, sadly. T_T)

Its fun growing things. The last 2 years, Youngest grows these Cucumbers that are actually called "dragon Eggs." Every year we have to pickle some so she can say she is eating a pickled dragon egg. Its nice having the ability to grow and venture outside the grocery store foods. But its also a ton of work.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Severine said:

This is definitely not how I see myself! We're all the cool kids together, or there are no cool kids. I'm happy we're all here.

But see, as a new kid, you guys all meshed already and I didn't realize it wasn't like that. So I am just happy you all accepted me as one of you.

My grandparents have a similar sense of humour and I love it  :)  I do it too when I am mostly sure the people around me won't be offended.

This is how my family works. Its not how Hubby's family works, so I have to make a point to not do it there. My chosen family does it more than my family, so I tend to default there.

Maybe we should trade seeds at some point. I have purple striped string beans, green tomatoes (they're green when ripe!), purple tomatoes, white pumpkins, purple and yellow carrots, beets with stripes on the inside, yellow and purple cauliflower, white eggplants, etc. I like growing unusual things :)

This could be fun. We have some that we call our hybrid variety that are a roma that we never planted, they are kinda a gray tomato. We have some that are tie dyed striped with green and red tomatoes, The violet sparkle peppers, purple tomatillos, carrots that are purple ont he outside and orange on the inside (Or tie dye) . We even have a hot pepper that starts out a purple then goes cream, yellow orange and red.  We even have a cherry tomato that looks black where the sun it hit and red or yellow where it didn't. Now I may add inventory seeds to the list to make sure have everything (its on my list for the month, but maybe not today).

Good luck with your gauntlet of multiple christmasses!

Christmas 2 wasn't so good. out of the 5 non gift card presents, 4 are being returned and 1 goes to a store we never go to. So no idea what I am going to use that money for.  The second Christmas this year that feels phoned in, but if nothing else, my chosen family christmas will make up for it.

• Like 4

I took Monday off the challenge since I knew we would be traveling all day for a Christmas and didn't have like any control over anything. Then we got there and it just proved yet again that MIL does not understand us. She likes to think she can, but she is way off the mark and either gets something off the list that someone else is marked as getting or doesn't us the list at all and misses terribly.  Comes down to she thinks we should be like the Brady bunch and we are closer to the Addams family. (the woman once got me a pink shirt (I can't stand pink, never have and she knew that) that spelled mom out in laundry. None of that was me.).

I take that back, I had a pink shirt once that had Ozzy Osborn saying "Yes I love you now shut the #@$^ up".

Not going to lie, I am frustrated at the extra work from her, at her refusal to admit we are not who she wants us to be, and that she doesn't understand or even admit she will never understand us. And then when all she got us was gift cards, she got mad at Youngest when she pulled out her big bin of dice and started making up games with them. She wanted her playing with dolls.  (Do lego guys count?) (She got us 5 non gift card presents, but 4 are getting returned).

Anyway, the kids had a good time, and I put on a brave face until I got home and then I was tired and frustrated at all the work we now need to do from that Christmas.

Oh, and Agent Feline seems to be having digestive issues again. In the first 30 minutes I was up, we found poop in the kids bathroom rug and poop on Youngest's bed. I hoping he is just not taking to the cheap wet food I picked up for him. So we need to get to vet today to get the stomach one and see if it helps. I don't want to think of the other reason it could be.

(yep, another job to do, and I have an extra kid all day, and a 2nd extra kid this afternoon). I got this... I have to.

• Like 4