• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos - Back to the path

Since I didn't get a chance to get this up Yesterday. Sunday went well challenge wise. Hubby gave me part of an afternoon to just chill and told the kids to leave me alone to actually try playing a game. That worked fine until Eldest's friend came over and I couldn't concentrate since it was a puzzle game. Other than that, things went well. I didn't use the treadmill since my knee was misbehaving and sore. So no step goal and no 15 minute walk.

Anyway, we spend new years playing Sonic the hedgehog with the kids, and then after they went to bed, we drank mead and played Sonic 2 and Sonic spinball. So it was a good time.

Time with Agents was the annual Sonic time and my one good thing is I managed to finally clean off the tops of all the dressers in my bedroom. no more piles of T-shirts floating around.

Goal

Description

12/31/2017

Nutrition

120 oz water

y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

Y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Meditating Groot

y

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

y

One good thing

Y

Plan

y

Be in bed by 11:30

y

Check seedlings

Y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

At least 5 minutes per room (at least one)

Bedroom

Y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

n

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 13 /15

Total points for entire challenge 40/45

Bonus Goals

12/30/2017

Eat dried apricots

Y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

y

Total Bonus points for day 3/3   

Total bonus points for entire challenge 9/9

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Anyway, we spend new years playing Sonic the hedgehog with the kids, and then after they went to bed, we drank mead and played Sonic 2 and Sonic spinball. So it was a good time.

That sounds like a great way to celebrate New Years. We started watching Luke Cage on Netflix. :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

That sounds like a great way to celebrate New Years. We started watching Luke Cage on Netflix. :) 

We don't have netflix or any streaming service. Besides, its drives Eldest nuts we can beat him at sonic and he doesn't stay alive long.

• Like 4

The Sonic pinball game was my snow day tradition as a kid. I would literally play it all day.

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

We don't have netflix or any streaming service.

Same. And no cable or broadcast TV. So many times at work I've been asked "did you see this?" or "do you watch that?" Uh, no... and you should know by now I don't have access to those shows.... >_<

• Like 4

Here and following! The busy never ends for you, does it, Bean? 

44 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

So many times at work I've been asked "did you see this?" or "do you watch that?" Uh, no... and you should know by now I don't have access to those shows.... >_<

I have Netflix and Prime but I don't watch much TV anyway. But the one my coworkers come at me with most is "Did you see the latest Game of Thrones?" (Thank god it's over now so that's stopped.) They act so surprised when I tell them I don't have HBO, and then phase quickly from adamant that I get on top of it to angry that I tried and just was not at all impressed with the material. How could someone not like GoT?!?! (Idk, maybe because it's sick?) 

Anyway, disconnects with coworkers over TV shows will happen no matter what you have access to or actually watch. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

The Sonic pinball game was my snow day tradition as a kid. I would literally play it all day.

Snowdays around here usually mean PJ day. The kids get PJs I just go straight into comfy clothes and get things done.

52 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

Same. And no cable or broadcast TV. So many times at work I've been asked "did you see this?" or "do you watch that?" Uh, no... and you should know by now I don't have access to those shows.... >_<

*hugs* Hopefully you have better ways to entertain yourself anyway. I like having it sometimes, but since I grew up in a house that always has at least 2 on (Even when only one person is home, and they are on different channels). I kinda like the lack of it most times.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Here and following! The busy never ends for you, does it, Bean? 

I wish it would. I already at 3 "It never ends, just one more thing to do" today.  I am seriously ready to take a real break. THanks for following. Its good to have you around... Nope, while I was typing this, a 4th picked up

I have Netflix and Prime but I don't watch much TV anyway. But the one my coworkers come at me with most is "Did you see the latest Game of Thrones?" (Thank god it's over now so that's stopped.) They act so surprised when I tell them I don't have HBO, and then phase quickly from adamant that I get on top of it to angry that I tried and just was not at all impressed with the material. How could someone not like GoT?!?! (Idk, maybe because it's sick?) 

See no one bugs me with GoT. My mom got on my case about "Did you see the new Mutant show on FOX" Mom, Between school work and kids, I don't watch much of anything. "Well you need to. Mutants are your thing after all...." Then 20 minutes of why I should be watching it. I forgot to watch librarians 2 weeks ago and I am already invested there. She admits she has a "shrine to pop culture" in her house. The thing is, she has the time. and she never has a TV not on. (even during christmas dinner it was on, just in another room). So I don't know when she thinks I will magically have time for this.

Anyway, disconnects with coworkers over TV shows will happen no matter what you have access to or actually watch. 

And family, and people in general.

• Like 4

So yesterday was a mess. A complete and utter mess. IT started out okay (after a few surprises from Agent Feline), we had Youngest's friend for the day since her mom had to go back to work. So within 30 minutes of getting up, I had an extra kid. The day ran great, and we got everything we needed to do, then by 2 pm I had 5 kids running around my house ages 10 to 15. And that went smoothly, even if I did make 4 batches of popcorn. The last one left at 6 pm, so we are talking about 12 hours of kids.

But with all those kids, I was afraid to get into much. Because what if I was needed for anything, so I pushed my chores back. Then dinner had hiccups. Then I was trying to figure out what needs done, but I think I hit a point where I Just couldn't anymore. I was tired. I was worn out. I still haven't had a chance to breathe since last semester, and once I started to work through it, to get somewhere. I put he kids to bed, then Things just turned into a mess. And the whole day, Agent Feline seemed "off" again, so I was worrying about him too.

Now I am awake, yesterday was a giant fail, and now I am just grumpy. I don't want to do the things I Need to do. I made a plan this Am but its 10:30 and I am just now trying to really get moving. I have to clean for family on Sat and a birthday party on Sunday. So, I need to push through and do stuff. I just really really don't want to. I would much rather just not do it.

My one good thing was that both kids had friends over and had a blast. This seems silly, but for Eldest to have a friend who likes to come over and "hang" is a HUGE deal, and then add the 3 younger kids there was not a single issue with all of them being around, it was perfect. I was even happy at one point because we were the cool house to hang out at.

After all was said and done, I got some cuddles with Youngest. I really cherish this because I worry she is going to decide that sitting on mommy and cuddling and goofing around is not going to be "okay" anymore. So I am taking the chances when I can

Here is the day in review. I need to get back on track. I just don't want to today. I Just don't care, but that won't get me any farther on the path

Goal

Description

1/2/2018

Nutrition

120 oz water

Y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

n

Butterfly

n

Ballet/toe Touch

n

Meditating Groot

n

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

Y

One good thing

y

Plan

n

y

Check seedlings

y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

n

Bathroom down

n

Bedroom

Y

Computer room

y

Basement

n

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

n

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 8.6 /15

Total points for entire challenge 48.6/60

Bonus Goals

12/30/2017

Eat dried apricots

Y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

y

Total bonus points for entire challenge 12/12

• Like 3

Okay, so I am about done with people today. I sent out Invites for Youngest's birthday A MONTH AGO. 1 month. I asked for RSVP in the form of text or phone call. Not hard I thought. Before today I only had 3 RSVPs, (1 mom told me when we did a sleepover, one mom texted me YESTERDAY, and my MIL). My own parents never RSVP since they just assume we know they are coming. and MIL let me know about her mother  (so at this point, I had 2 kids plus my own RSVP and 6 adults TOTAL)

Yesterday, I asked a mom at pick up if her kid was coming (the mom was the one in the hospital last month with the baby, she's been busy, and I understand her not responding) she said yes now that Dad (their divorced) finally got back to her.  (so total 5 kids and 6 adults)

I spent today TEXTING People to find out if they are coming. I need to know number of goodie bags here. As it is, I bought stuff off amazon Guessing at number of kids.

1 family responded with no, (apparently, they are on a vacation and forgot to let me know before going).
1 family finally responded yes, their 2 kids will be here plus the adults (which also means I need to have their Christmas presents ready)

1 mom got all upset saying "I was going to text you today. You couldn't wait till I was off work" that half of us will be there. (this is the same mom gave us 3 days notice for her kids party that we were the only ones at).

I have 2 more kids that I don't know about. Their parents I don't know well enough to poke and ask flat out.  (new totals 8 kids and 9 adults with 2 more kids as maybes).

Seriously, is Planning becoming a superpower. I don't know how much easier I can make this. I mean the party is SUNDAY and your just now thinking about telling me. Ordering cupcakes and things isn't a 1 day thing. at least not when you have food allergies to consider.  

I mean I always have extra food and things to feed an army, but Idon't need enough to feed 2 armies. And I blame things like Facebook where you just click "going" and don't have to think about actually responding.

I am done now. /endRant.

• Like 3

Well, we just found ice IN Youngest's room.  Everyone please hope it was all the stuff animals in a pile there that caused it and not a leak in the side of the house.

This is no longer funny.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Well, we just found ice IN Youngest's room.  Everyone please hope it was all the stuff animals in a pile there that caused it and not a leak in the side of the house.

This is no longer funny.

Yikes! Hopefully no leaks anywhere!

Fingers crossed for you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Seriously, is Planning becoming a superpower. I don't know how much easier I can make this. I mean the party is SUNDAY and your just now thinking about telling me. Ordering cupcakes and things isn't a 1 day thing. at least not when you have food allergies to consider.  

My birthday was like that. One person got back to me right away. The rest I had to poke a day or two before. And I ended up with one maybe. Who in the end didn't show up.

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

This is no longer funny.

That's not good. And I had no idea that could happen...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Yikes! Hopefully no leaks anywhere!

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks. I think we may of dodged a bullet, it looks like it is the cold air. However, we do not think this has anything to do with the leak in the kitchen. (that one still needs investigated.

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

My birthday was like that. One person got back to me right away. The rest I had to poke a day or two before. And I ended up with one maybe. Who in the end didn't show up.

I swear people don't respond anymore. Its frustrating since I am getting goody bags for the kids and I had to get a few things blindly. That means now I have too many of a few things, but its better than if I had gone with the 5 that were coming when I was starting this.

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

That's not good. And I had no idea that could happen...

So it really shouldn't happen. However, when our house was built in the early 90s, it in a development neighborhood. We have found a few places over the years where insulation was an afterthought or no thought.

We think we figure out what happened:

So the spot that got ice in it is the corner of Youngest's room. She had piled her stuffed animals in this corner (So they acted as insulation and blocked warm air from moving that way). the part that made this an issue is that corner is 2 exterior walls, and sticks out over the side of the house, so there is cold air effectively below it and on both sides. We THINK that what happened was the warm hit the cold wall and condensed some moisture. From there, the moisture traveled down the wall to this hidden cold spot and then froze. The warm air couldn't get to it due to the pile of stuff animals. Because once I removed all of those and found the issue, it eventually melted away last night. So the good news is that it didn't seem to come in from outside. At the same point, this is still a bit of an issue and once the spring comes up, we will need to figure out of we can add some extra insulation to that area. So yeah, hopefully we don't have to pull the siding or anything to do this, but that may be a thing.

• Like 3

Just now, scalyfreak said:

That is still not as bad as it could have been though. Phew!

Exactly, I was afraid the leak in the kitchen moved to the bedroom. Then we are taking so much more damage since we have wood floors in that room and possible mold issues.

Finding a new home for the stuffed ones isn't that hard.

• Like 3

So it really shouldn't happen. However, when our house was built in the early 90s, it in a development neighborhood. We have found a few places over the years where insulation was an afterthought or no thought.

We think we figure out what happened:
So the spot that got ice in it is the corner of Youngest's room. She had piled her stuffed animals in this corner (So they acted as insulation and blocked warm air from moving that way). the part that made this an issue is that corner is 2 exterior walls, and sticks out over the side of the house, so there is cold air effectively below it and on both sides. We THINK that what happened was the warm hit the cold wall and condensed some moisture. From there, the moisture traveled down the wall to this hidden cold spot and then froze. The warm air couldn't get to it due to the pile of stuff animals. Because once I removed all of those and found the issue, it eventually melted away last night. So the good news is that it didn't seem to come in from outside. At the same point, this is still a bit of an issue and once the spring comes up, we will need to figure out of we can add some extra insulation to that area. So yeah, hopefully we don't have to pull the siding or anything to do this, but that may be a thing.

Ugh, does it mean that you made it snow inside your house?!? do you have a wizard agent living with you? Maybe a young one who is still practicing?
Seriously, *hugs*
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Ugh, does it mean that you made it snow inside your house?!? do you have a wizard agent living with you? Maybe a young one who is still practicing?
Seriously, *hugs*

This explains it. for about a month, Youngest Agent has been trying to summon snow (it worked, we have plenty). Not only that, but this the same child whose invites to her birthday party look like Hogwarts letters and she got her own letter to Hogwarts this year. I just asked her and she said "Okay, you caught me. I was trying to practice "lumos" before I went to bed and I got the arm flip wrong. "

It all comes down to Young Wizards are not suppose to practice outside of school grounds. At least I got it cleaned up.

Now back to trying to write thank you for coming to the party letters so Youngest can seal them closed with wax.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

This explains it. for about a month, Youngest Agent has been trying to summon snow (it worked, we have plenty). Not only that, but this the same child whose invites to her birthday party look like Hogwarts letters and she got her own letter to Hogwarts this year. I just asked her and she said "Okay, you caught me. I was trying to practice "lumos" before I went to bed and I got the arm flip wrong. "

It all comes down to Young Wizards are not suppose to practice outside of school grounds. At least I got it cleaned up.

Now back to trying to write thank you for coming to the party letters so Youngest can seal them closed with wax.

All of this is too cute. Youngest is a sweetheart. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

All of this is too cute. Youngest is a sweetheart. 

She  is adorable, but I am bias. She just enjoys being herself, which I am trying to foster.

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Dear Bean's house: no more shenanigans. You are officially on notice. Love, NF.

I love this. I hope the house listens (I just read it out loud to the house). I really can't take much more of it.

• Like 4

So yeah, I am doing this really late. I should of done more yesterday, but I really didn't I didn't get up, I couldn't really get moving. Hubby came home and made us all leave the house for the first time in like 3 days. I was really going for a down cycle day, but getting me out got me woken up and ready to do things. I finally felt better, but I wish it hadn't been at 7 pm and I got everything done.

Also in the saga of Youngest summoning ice in her room, it looks like somehow her vent got closed. I opened it tonight and its already warming up.

Good news is that I did get on the treadmill last night. I got a solid 1.004 miles in 20:04 minutes. The interesting part about this was more the fact I did it on a 8.0 to 6.0 incline the entire walk. Not my fastest time, but it made it a bit harder. I am still a bit wheezy when I get off. Not like "I can't breathe" wheezy but as in "If i take too deep a breath, you hear a small wheeze"

The good thing for the day was that my BIL who I adore maybe put on  a med that will help control some stuff and make him feel better than he already does. He feels pretty good now, but the dr thinks this may work better and help with some of the pain.

I also got to cuddle a Youngest when she woke up and we mocked watched the really little kids cartoons. We would tell the character the wrong answer and giggle about how that would look  (Oh no, Mr. Elephant has a cut, what should we use. The thermometer).  There were lots of giggles.

So here is the output for the day.

Goal

Description

1/3/2018

Nutrition

120 oz water

y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

Y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Meditating Groot

y

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

y

One good thing

y

Plan

y

y

Check seedlings

y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 14 /15

Total points for entire challenge 62.6/75

Bonus Goals

1/3/2018

Eat dried apricots

y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

n

Total Bonus points for day 2/3   

Total bonus points for entire challenge 14/15

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Also in the saga of Youngest summoning ice in her room, it looks like somehow her vent got closed. I opened it tonight and its already warming up.

I'm picturing a little Elsa and Olaf dancing around Youngest's room... let's be honest, she's dancing with them... painting the room with ice... How fun would that be!

Glad you got up and moving. The Blerch (long but worth the read) is real. Seriously. For the beginning of the year it really doesn't feel like much of a fresh start with lots of motivation and stuff that I normally associate with new beginnings.

Hugs!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, J3NN said:

I'm picturing a little Elsa and Olaf dancing around Youngest's room... let's be honest, she's dancing with them... painting the room with ice... How fun would that be!

See, I could see her doing more a White Queen from Marvel or Storm than Elsa. Mostly because she got very fed up with all her friends doing the frozen thing for a couple of years at a time. Or she could call it the Frost Giants from norse mythology (She loves reading that and this series where the main character kinda died and now lives in the halls of Valhalla. It ties into the Percy Jackson and the kids have parents that are greek gods series). 

10 hours ago, J3NN said:

Glad you got up and moving. The Blerch (long but worth the read) is real. Seriously. For the beginning of the year it really doesn't feel like much of a fresh start with lots of motivation and stuff that I normally associate with new beginnings.

Hugs!

OKay, I read all the parts to it since it made sense. And yes the Blerch is real. Today he is doing hte "you have extra kids all day, why get into anything" but I need to fight him. I need to tell him to shut up while I clean for the weekend and get stuff ready to go back to the dreaded (maybe welcome) routines of school and activities and work. I kinda just want to silence my current concerns that the party I am cleaning for this weekend will get iced away (currently we are suppose to get freezing rain during Youngest Agent's party).

but really, I just need to get moving. That is step one. Step 2 will come once I am not sitting here.

• Like 4

Thursday went better. I got us up and moving and we ran errands for like 2 hours. It was mostly search and destroy, but going to the book store is never search and destroy. I finally reached my step goal, but I think its because I left the house (Who knew). I did start to get a bit panicked over the whole "all the things to do before all teh people come" but Hubby was a trooper and was a huge help last night.

We got the goodie bags done and the letters from Dumbdore that say thank you for coming made and sealed. We couldn't seal them closed, but each one has a seal down in the corner. That was a bigger project than originally thought.

I feel better about yesterday. I mean, I know I can do this, and I didn't realize how much not hitting my walking goal was bugging me, but its so much harder to do at home. Its also harder to get motivated to do things. I think this is partially since I am so worn down my brain is all "Hey, lets take a minute" and then flips out 5 minutes later about what I didn't get done. Brains are dumb.

Also, I was having a bit of a day with Blargh yesterday about "wasting my time exercising, it won't help, I should be lazy and rest"  and it made me a grump. Not going to lie. BUt finishing all my goals for once was a huge boost. I still have a ton to do today, and 4 kids in the house already, but I think I can manage it. I broke most of what needs done into smaller tasks. The big one will be getting my exercise in since I am self conscious as all get out and there are people in the house (which makes no sense since they are 10, and I know both their moms exercise). But like I didn't do my morning stuff, and now I am kinda nervous to try it. (Darn it, Blargh, shutup).

Anyway, yesterday was good. My one good thing was getting those seals to work (We almost scrapped them) which was also my time with Youngest Agent since she got to help. She couldn't play with the wax or the fire, but she got to dictate what color was used and things.

Goal

Description

1/4/2018

Nutrition

120 oz water

Y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

Y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Meditating Groot

y

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

Y

One good thing

y

Plan

y

y

Check seedlings

y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

y

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 15/15

Total points for entire challenge 77.6/90

Bonus Goals

1/4/2018

Eat dried apricots

y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

y

Total bonus points for entire challenge 17/18

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

The big one will be getting my exercise in since I am self conscious as all get out and there are people in the house (which makes no sense since they are 10, and I know both their moms exercise). But like I didn't do my morning stuff, and now I am kinda nervous to try it. (Darn it, Blargh, shutup).

I hope you're able to exercise anyway! I feel this way about cleaning, I have a lot of trouble doing it if anyone else can witness it happening. I don't have any suggestions, but I'm rooting for you!

• Like 2