• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos - Back to the path

42 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

Oh dear. Fun fact: I tried cheese whiz once as a child and never ate it again. This sounds delicious thought, so I’m sure I can find a substitute!

If you find a substitute, please let me know. I would love to come up with a bit healthier version. I am really trying to do more "real food" than "processed" stuff

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

*reads* Is this the time to mention I am aggressively opposed to the cult of bacon? :P

There is never a good time for that. :angry:

And the bacon isn't mandatory, it's just as good with cubed smoked ham, or without any meat at all if you're looking for a vegetarian option.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2018 at 2:22 PM, Plazmotic said:

*reads* Is this the time to mention I am aggressively opposed to the cult of bacon? :P

Your not the only one. I am also not a fan of sausage . I just don't like it.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:23 PM, scalyfreak said:

There is never a good time for that. :angry:

And the bacon isn't mandatory, it's just as good with cubed smoked ham, or without any meat at all if you're looking for a vegetarian option.

Ham I can do, but I have weird rules about that (like not deli ham) Mostly because I remember asking my brother if he wanted ham or turkey one day for lunch. He said what, and I finally asked him "Circle or square" and he said circle. That is not how meat is suppose to work.

13 hours ago, fleaball said:

Dear Bean, 

Ur cool. 

<3 flea

Thank you. I am here, sort of. I fell off the world. The homework is kicking my ass and we had an all day wedding yesterday, and stuff blew up and I kinda retreated into my own little head. Problem is, challenge went poof the last 2 days and after trying to not feel fat next to the like skinny wives at the wedding, I need to get back on stuff. Today is do an entire week of homework in a day (2 if I have to). I fell so far behind and Its catch up time. Hoping to jump on here now and then today to take breaks and catch up here. Downside, is I can't focus like at all. Its a constant struggle and I really just want to sleep. Not a real option atm. So wish me luck.

9 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I was thinking of you and this thread when reading this recipe so I thought to share: http://makingthymeforhealth.com/cheesy-vegan-broccoli-soup/

Okay, That sounds good. I May try that for lunches coming up. I do see myself getting closer to vegetarian just because most meat I am getting to a "I can take or leave it" kinda thing. Problem is, I am the only one. (Oh, and I am going to reply to you in a bit. I need to get some real progress on this homework then hopefully come back  and be around a bit more

• Like 2

Okay, That sounds good. I May try that for lunches coming up. I do see myself getting closer to vegetarian just because most meat I am getting to a "I can take or leave it" kinda thing. Problem is, I am the only one. (Oh, and I am going to reply to you in a bit. I need to get some real progress on this homework then hopefully come back  and be around a bit more

I think I am too, but mainly because I am too impatient to cook meat. I decided that I eat meat/fish when in restaurants and nothing when home... as far as it goes since it's a week or two I'm not cooking anything, not even microwaving!

My best friend's mom was overweight and one of the happiest, loving and positive people I have ever met, so I associate overweight with joy and care to the point that I am always unsure about wanting to get slimmer. My mental image of you is her but with 'normal shape' (I meant to say skinny, but I do not think of you as underweight, and I lack of a good word in English to represent the shape of a person between under and overweight... is it just weight?)

Take your time with replying... I have to update that too, many evolutions for one single day!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Butternut said:

I send positive focus vibes for your homework!

You got this! 

Thanks

I got everything done but the quiz in one class and 20 pages of reading I need to do for the quiz this week in the other.  So I am not where I want to be, but hopefully things go smoother this week.

I needed the vibes. Not going to lie, I may of had about half an hour of "I can't do this anymore" so the vibes did help.

14 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I think I am too, but mainly because I am too impatient to cook meat. I decided that I eat meat/fish when in restaurants and nothing when home... as far as it goes since it's a week or two I'm not cooking anything, not even microwaving!

See, I got to a point where at first, it was I didn't want grease. Now I look at most meat nad go "well since its there" or "I need the protien." not "OOh yummy" There are exceptions, but especially if its really greasy, I am okay without.

My best friend's mom was overweight and one of the happiest, loving and positive people I have ever met, so I associate overweight with joy and care to the point that I am always unsure about wanting to get slimmer. My mental image of you is her but with 'normal shape' (I meant to say skinny, but I do not think of you as underweight, and I lack of a good word in English to represent the shape of a person between under and overweight... is it just weight?)

Thank you. I would love to say I am a healthy weight (usually what I call it) but nope, I am no where near that. I am probably at least 100 lbs overweight. The thing is, my mental image of myself is being closer to healthy. So its always a bit of a shock to look in a mirror and remember I am not. Especially since I have been exercising more.

Take your time with replying... I have to update that too, many evolutions for one single day!

I am getting there. I need to do a bit more catch up and then maybe tonight I will really start playing catch up here.

• Like 2

So yesterday challenge didn't happen. I was too far behind. It didn't help that as of Saturday night, I started to finally release some tension from everything, so I just wanted to keep releasing, which ended up being in the form of tears. I had been bottling too long and yeah. Fortunately, we have some plans to move forward and make things  a bit easier, but the main thing is, I need to stay on the homework ALL WEEK and not just go "oh, I will get to it... Eek its Thursday and nothing is done."

Maybe I will have youngest make me another reading schedule.

Agent feline is still pooping in random spots. We are wondering if Agent black is just being a jerk and keeping him from the box downstairs (There is a cat door which Agent feline has to go through to get to the basement, I am wondering if its a bottle neck he doesn't want to deal with. I mean he will walk up a flight of stairs to poop on a bed or on a bath mat, but not down to go the litter box. We did put a litter box upstairs for him (as much as we hate the idea) so maybe that will help, but I have noticed hes starting to have a hard time getting to a sit.

Anyway, I am trying to be around.I will catch up, I will catch up, I will catch up

• Like 1

Thank you. I would love to say I am a healthy weight (usually what I call it) but nope, I am no where near that. I am probably at least 100 lbs overweight. The thing is, my mental image of myself is being closer to healthy. So its always a bit of a shock to look in a mirror and remember I am not. Especially since I have been exercising more.

Fixing your mental image is so good! I yoyo between what is healthy-ish (overweight) and what I am psicologically comfortable (obese)... Argh!

Also, it might be a shock but remembre you are on the right path, and stress could be a factor that you have not reached the destination, don't stress about it (says the pot to the kettle). :D

Go and go! Hurray for Bean! You have all of us cheering along the way :)
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Fixing your mental image is so good! I yoyo between what is healthy-ish (overweight) and what I am psicologically comfortable (obese)... Argh!

I am not so sure its fixing. Honestly, my brain has never had a mental picture of me the correct size after I started gaining. In some ways, I am still like 21 in my head and the size I was then. I think some of that is that I have the same job I did then, and some is that I don't think about it much or stare at a mirror like at all, so there is nothing to disprove it.

Also, it might be a shock but remembre you are on the right path, and stress could be a factor that you have not reached the destination, don't stress about it (says the pot to the kettle). :D

Stress is always a factor, I know that. And I know why its not helping, I am just unsure what to do about it. Everything I have read about sleeping to blood pressure to weight says "reduce stress" but they never say how. So I am learning to become one with the stress. Maybe it wont' drive me nuts as much then.

Go and go! Hurray for Bean! You have all of us cheering along the way :)

Thank you, I needed this. I am trying. challenge update coming here in a bit, then hopefully I can go start visiting others. I miss people.

• Like 1

So Back to challenge.

I am a bit mad at myself for disappearing again. I am mad at myself because I continued last semester with the "Fall into homework and do nothing else" over the weekend. No goals, no stretching no exercise, just "Do a week of homework in 2 days" which is not what I want. ANd work has been... well, a mess. Nothing is going right there, and all I am getting is "fix it" instead of "Lets figure out why its not working."

I need to work on what I want for next challenge too. I have no idea. I want balance, but no idea how to attain it. I know it will take little steps, but beyond that, no idea. I have been trying to think on it, but its taking CPU cycles I just don't have. At least I have another week or 2 before I really need to have one.

Anyway, I should be back, I am sorry to anyone I dropped off their challenge with. Hoping to rectify that some today, but I don't want to promise anything I can't keep.

Challenge wise, I have a 90.6% on the bonus goals. Which is not bad, but I kinda wish it was better. The regular challenge goals I am at 81.01, which is again, not a great, but an "okay". Missing my walking stuff when I was off work for the holidays messed me up pretty good.

One good thing, I got caught up with my homework and at work. Now I am only working on this weeks stuff in both places.

Agent time was sitting down having a "study session" with Youngest Agent. She did her homework on one end of my desk and I did mine. If she needed help she just asked.

Oh, and I meant to make a plan yesterday, I did. I took the planning book to bed and everything, then I fell asleep. oops.

Goal

Description

1/29/2018

Nutrition

120 oz water

y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Meditating Groot

y

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

y

One good thing

y

Plan

n

Be in bed by 11:30

y

Check seedlings

y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

At least 5 minutes per room (at least one)

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

n

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 13/15

Total points for entire challenge 303.8/375

Bonus Goals

1/29/2018

Eat dried apricots

y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

y

Total Bonus points for day 3/3   

Total bonus points for entire challenge 68/ 75

• Like 2

Stress is always a factor, I know that. And I know why its not helping, I am just unsure what to do about it. Everything I have read about sleeping to blood pressure to weight says "reduce stress" but they never say how. So I am learning to become one with the stress. Maybe it wont' drive me nuts as much then.

Same here, tried meditation, prayer, walking, running, doing a lot to distract after work, doing nothing but watch tv, nothing seems to help, to the point I wake at night because my mind is overworking.
Things that seemed to help me the most are warm showers, meditative movements, night white noise and opium esential oil. Until they don't and I am screwed
  • Like 3

Agent time was sitting down having a "study session" with Youngest Agent. She did her homework on one end of my desk and I did mine. If she needed help she just asked.

I am envying you so much in this moment, it is worth all the stress you are going through.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Stress is always a factor, I know that. And I know why its not helping, I am just unsure what to do about it. Everything I have read about sleeping to blood pressure to weight says "reduce stress" but they never say how. 

An allegedly wise person who once tried to give me advice, told me that the way to reduce stress is to remove the thing that is stressing you out from your life. To which I politely responded that if that was possible, I wouldn't be stressed. I would be unemployed, without parents, dropping out of college, and give several of the people close to me complete personality transplants. The fact that none of that is an option for me is the entire reason I am stressed.

I proceeded to point out that someone who genuinely believes that the only things in life that cause stress are things that are easy to deal with, is not someone who should be giving out life advice, and the conversation went downhill after that. :P 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I need to work on what I want for next challenge too. I have no idea. I want balance, but no idea how to attain it. I know it will take little steps, but beyond that, no idea. I have been trying to think on it, but its taking CPU cycles I just don't have. At least I have another week or 2 before I really need to have one.

I have also been working on this. With the same goal. Balance. I picked my word of the year as habit. That's the first time I've thought of it in weeks, but to be fair, I'm working towards it building my diet habit, my walking habit and my breathing habit, so I'm okay there. But Balance is becoming important too.

I think that's why NF encourages you to keep four goals and gives you buckets for them... 3 from diet and exercise and 1 to level up your life. Maybe you and I are just doing WAY too much.

I ended up boiling down my goals this time, 1 diet, 1 fitness, 1 level up your life. And that worked way better for me. So maybe I'll just stick with that and monitoring my habits. Voila... a balanced challenge. OR something...

I'm with you, too much CPU power. I also kind of don't want to just do the same thing. But the diet will continue through the full challenge next time, so maybe I need to push myself on that and challenge myself to find easier ways to do the diet so it doesn't stress me out as much. There is room for that I think.

Good luck to you my friend!

• Like 3

My son (age 13) wrote on our kitchen chalk board

“Chaos Defies Imagination”

If you were a quote, this would be it. You maybe stressed, you maybe chaotic, but you are that mindful that you find a way, even if it’s not what you attended. 

• Like 3

Okay, so update then responses

Yesterday was okay I guess. Work had less stupid, which was nice and I am finally feeling less behind there. However, it was a different level of crazy here, which while it barely affect me, it was something we had to work with. I am grateful Hubby took that chaos on for me.

I am still trying to think ahead to challenge goals. I don't know why, I just feel that I need to start thinking about them. I was hoping to count calories starting next month, but that is not realistic with the homework situation being what it is. SO instead after talking to Hubby we are stopping the horrible habit we got into of "ooh, I got hungry at like 10 pm, lets eat a bag of chips and dip." The more I thought about it, 90% of the time, those were calories I didn't need. Yes, there are times dinner is light or yes there are times we didn't make enough (because it didn't make as much as we thought) and I tend to do the "make sure everyone else eats, I will eat later" but the "i am slightly hungry" is not  reason.

I feel like there should be more here, but its all the same I say everyday. I did walk a bit but it was the longer short way to school, so it doesn't count, and it was either get to bed on time or treadmill, and with as tired as I have been, treadmill won. I know it shouldn't be, but I just need more time a day it seems (or to remember its only 15 minutes, not a 5K). I got to come up with a way to do this one. I need to get some of this weight off before April.

One good thing - I finished the book I started at the end of winter break. I may of stopped studying to finish it, which wasn't good, but the book was good, so that works.

Agent time - more study time

Goal

Description

1/30/2018

Nutrition

120 oz water

y

Strength

Leg lifts

sit ups

Reverse sit ups

Push ups

Balance Ball push ups

Flexibility

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Meditating Groot

y

Life and Family

Spend time with Agents

y

One good thing

y

Plan

y

Be in bed by 11:30

y

Check seedlings

y

Fight Chaos

Pennisula/Island

y

Clean all these daily

Table

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

At least 5 minutes per room (at least one)

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean Half wall

y

Walking

Walk 10500 steps

Walk 15 minutes a day

n

Walk to Mordor

y

Total points for day 14/15

Total points for entire challenge 317.8/390

Bonus Goals

1/30/2018

Eat dried apricots

y

Eat Banana

y

Eat yogurt

y

Total Bonus points for day 3/3   

Total bonus points for entire challenge 71/78

• Like 2

Same here, tried meditation, prayer, walking, running, doing a lot to distract after work, doing nothing but watch tv, nothing seems to help, to the point I wake at night because my mind is overworking.

This, all of this. The meditation I tried doing, but never got more than about 2 minutes without being distracted. And I know that mind says "hey, its 2 Am, lets think about this incredibly minor thing and stop sleeping." That is annoying.

Things that seemed to help me the most are warm showers, meditative movements, night white noise and opium esential oil. Until they don't and I am screwed

White noise bugs me. Growing up where I did, white noise just sounds like the cable went out which is an issue so I have to wake up and deal with it. Showers do work to a point, The other 2 I may try. I totally understand the feeling. Some days, just nothing helps.

I am envying you so much in this moment, it is worth all the stress you are going through.

These momemts are wonderful. and it does help to a degree. I just kinda wish we could do something more fun sometimes. However, youtube makes great back ground noise and I can control whats next as opposed to Amazon Prime which doesn't warn me and doesn't tell me anything so I can steer clear of something that may not be appropriate.

10 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

An allegedly wise person who once tried to give me advice, told me that the way to reduce stress is to remove the thing that is stressing you out from your life. To which I politely responded that if that was possible, I wouldn't be stressed. I would be unemployed, without parents, dropping out of college, and give several of the people close to me complete personality transplants. The fact that none of that is an option for me is the entire reason I am stressed.

I proceeded to point out that someone who genuinely believes that the only things in life that cause stress are things that are easy to deal with, is not someone who should be giving out life advice, and the conversation went downhill after that. :P 

I can see that being a thing. I wish life was that easy, but its really not.

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

I have also been working on this. With the same goal. Balance. I picked my word of the year as habit. That's the first time I've thought of it in weeks, but to be fair, I'm working towards it building my diet habit, my walking habit and my breathing habit, so I'm okay there. But Balance is becoming important too.

Balance is something I realized this challenge I lack. To be honest, I am still feeling uprooted to a point, but I am noticing I do quite a bit of extremes and I should fix that.

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

I think that's why NF encourages you to keep four goals and gives you buckets for them... 3 from diet and exercise and 1 to level up your life. Maybe you and I are just doing WAY too much.

To be fair, I think I have been doing way too much for too long. But at the same time, if I were to try and scale back, it would feel like I wasn't doing anything. That is the rub I suppose

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

I ended up boiling down my goals this time, 1 diet, 1 fitness, 1 level up your life. And that worked way better for me. So maybe I'll just stick with that and monitoring my habits. Voila... a balanced challenge. OR something...

I think that is a great balanced challenge. It makes complete sense and you are not overwhelming yourself.

7 hours ago, J3NN said:

I'm with you, too much CPU power. I also kind of don't want to just do the same thing. But the diet will continue through the full challenge next time, so maybe I need to push myself on that and challenge myself to find easier ways to do the diet so it doesn't stress me out as much. There is room for that I think.

Good luck to you my friend!

I think this sounds like a good thing. I mean you have 1 diet goal, which will be the end of the elimination thing, maybe have a bonus goal coming up or trying 1 or 2 new ideas each week that may help make cooking in general easier, (weekly prep, extended planning, same food for every meal for a week) or something else that makes it easier to follow the diet.

5 hours ago, Butternut said:

My son (age 13) wrote on our kitchen chalk board

“Chaos Defies Imagination”

If you were a quote, this would be it. You maybe stressed, you maybe chaotic, but you are that mindful that you find a way, even if it’s not what you attended. 

Okay, that is a good quote. I think your right, its true that kinda me. I make most things work, even when its the most convoluted creative way to make it all happen. I know the chaos isn't leaving for a few more years. It is here to stay, I am working to fight the chaos I can (Clutter, weight) but the busy schedules will be a thing for years yet. So it may just be better if I try to find balance in the chaos as well as everything else. Then I can get re-rooted and breathe a bit more.

• Like 2

I have decided something. I am turning into scarlet witch. Seriously.

Last week, I was kinda like this.

tumblr_ntlm09WjuH1ql639ho10_r3_250.gif

The stress was getting bad and I could barely breathe. Then we thought we fixed a few things. So I thought things were getting better and I had it under control.

tumblr_no3ssiQ8lf1uovo1xo1_500.gif

Today we had another big thing break. One that we thought we fixed on FRIDAY. yeah, not happy, but this is me currently

7d257d1567bc8c92cb360c65e26ca4a4fd7a070a

I am hoping to be back to fighing shape tomorrow. I will still do challenge, but SERIOUSLY, when the hell do we get things to stop breaking. Time to pull it together and get back out there.

213929819650ba4f24e99d6fc593645f.gif.

and no, still not a superhero. I jsut have the great tragic background story going. Besides, I have a ways to go before I even remotely look like this.

tumblr_ntlm09WjuH1ql639ho9_r1_250.gif

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

and no, still not a superhero. I jsut have the great tragic background story going. Besides, I have a ways to go before I even remotely look like this.

That just means you're a superhero, but you don't know it yet. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

and no, still not a superhero.

MCU Wanda wasn't a superhero until she realized Ultron was cray. Someday you'll discover something you've been rolling with is cray and you'll say, "screw it, I'mma ditch this nonsense and go be a superhero" just like Wanda. 

...That may be an oversimplification. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

That just means you're a superhero, but you don't know it yet. ;)

I love how you are all stuck on this. I doubt it.

11 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

MCU Wanda wasn't a superhero until she realized Ultron was cray. Someday you'll discover something you've been rolling with is cray and you'll say, "screw it, I'mma ditch this nonsense and go be a superhero" just like Wanda. 

...That may be an oversimplification. 

Or maybe I am just the side character that has the tragic backstory that makes someone else into a superhero. Batman's parents for one.

I wouldn't say oversimplification. Maybe a Describe the plot of Avengers Age of Ultron in a tweet.

• Like 2