• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lateral Planet

Lateral Planet: Hard Restart

So I'm back at work, sigh. No more wearing pyjamas til the afternoon for me! On the plus side, it turns out we all got a raise over the break! That definitely helps with motivation ;)

Of course, unpacking my drawer, the first thing I see is my sugar stash/tea supplies. It's funny, even though I have all the same stuff at home I haven't had a cupof tea in two months! Probably good, since I have so much sugar in it usually. I've kept all that stuff hidden in the drawer in the hope I might just forget about it. I did also bring a couple of new flavours of tea I've never tried in the hope I'll like them without milk or sugar. Also, I completely forgot to bring any snacks/nibbles, but I'm thinking that's also a good thing! Anyway I think my secondary batcave isin pretty good shape at the moment :)

• Like 1

So it's been a long couple of days. I learnt some things. 

First off, I don't much like tea without sugar or milk, at least not so far. I did enjoy a cuppa earlier with some bickies  (classic English style) but since the point is to eliminate liquid calories I'd say that's cheating. So it's just plain water and coke zero for me for a while.

Also, I'm super knackered after work. I'd forgotten just how tiring it can be to sit up straight and stare at MS Word all day. It's somehow different from lying on the couch and staring at Netflix all day ;) Last night I fell asleep on the couch almost immediately after dinner (which was fairly late, granted) which pretty much ruled out pushup practice for the night. Gotta figure out how to combat that.

Puppy was seriously not in the mood for a walk and I probably surrendered a bit too easily. Frustrating because I'm further in Zombies 5K than ever and I don't want to lose momentum. Of course I could just go without him, but he's like 75 per cent of my motivation on a run, so that would be boring and lonely.

• Like 2

I learnt something else last night after I posted: my portion control needs some work. Fiancé had poker night with his mates so it was just me for dinner, and it was a bit of a disaster. It was delicious, but I did feel fairly overfull and gross afterwards. Possibly I'm just too accustomed to cooking for two. It just never looks like too much food until all the elements are on the plate. We almost always have a good ratio of veg:meat, but possibly there's just too much of everything.

I've decided my next challenge is going to be mostly focused on nutrition. I think we eat pretty healthily overall, but there's definitely room for improvement! Also, I'm gonna hang out with the Rebels for the next one. 

• Like 2

Aaand finished! It's been a pretty successful challenge, although the last week has been a little wobbly. I only just managed to squeeze in the last run (puppy was being stubborn so I dropped him off at home and finished mission on my own), and I have been a little lenient with desserts.

1) Water: This was actually really easy. It helps that it's been summer and I've been quite active (for me) so I've just naturally been really thirsty. Gonna keep drinking lots and tracking but I don't think I need to make it part of my next challenge 

2) Chocky only after dinner: also fairly easy, although I did give in once or twice in the last week. I've also managed to limit portions, which has been very good for me!

3) 3x Zombie runs each week: also successful, and I did a bunch of other exercises throughout the month as well. But I don't know if this'll last. For instance, I know I'm not going to have much opportunity for exercise, especially hour-long walks, next week. I'm going to downgrade this to "do some exercise every day" for the next challenge so even if I only have energy for some squats or something before bed I'll actually use that energy rather than just crash. It's all about maintaining the habit. 

4) Tracking: super successful. I think my five-year diary investment is paying off! I think just subconsciously I want to avoid having blank pages, so it's extra motivation to do some exercise just so I can fill something in for the day.

Come find me with the Rebels next challenge! :D:D

• Like 3

Weighed in this morning and I lost a total of nearly two kilos during this challenge! I've heard a rate of about half a kilo (or one pound) of loss per week is healthy and sustainable, so I hope I can keep it up. At that rate, I should be well under 80kg by the end of the next challenge (at which point I will make myself a super indulgent birthday cake and just be lazy for a day)

Also, I bought myself a new pair of work pants yesterday. Stupidly, I used to think that buying size 14s would mean "accepting" I was getting bigger and feel less inclined to try stopping it. Instead, I just spent a few miserable months wearing uncomfortably tight 12s, feeling gross. Even though I have finally started to do some work on my fitness and am seeing some progress, I definitely deserve to be comfy in the meantime!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lateral Planet said:

Also, I bought myself a new pair of work pants yesterday. Stupidly, I used to think that buying size 14s would mean "accepting" I was getting bigger and feel less inclined to try stopping it. Instead, I just spent a few miserable months wearing uncomfortably tight 12s, feeling gross. Even though I have finally started to do some work on my fitness and am seeing some progress, I definitely deserve to be comfy in the meantime!!

Yes, you do! They will look much better on you as well ;)

• Like 1

Lateral, you have learned SOO much this challenge and that is AWESOME. You have worked incredibly hard and set yourself up for great success in the next challenge. I'm so proud of you!!

original?width=450&version=2728157