• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lucky fire dragon

luckyfiredragon shifts shape

On 5.1.2018 at 3:40 AM, annyshay said:

Way to go with the writing flow!

I did the probably silly thing and signed up for the free trial at 4TW now and wow, have I been writing the last two days :D

Sent you a friend request, did I find the right Annyshay? Can you look?

On 5.1.2018 at 5:54 AM, tei_ said:

That is the cutest darn jellyfish (?) I've ever seen.

It is supercute, isn't it? I do spy some sucking things, so I'm pretty sure it's an octopus of some kind, but it's hard to tell, yeah

On 5.1.2018 at 5:54 AM, tei_ said:

Nice work on all the writing, damn!

Thanks

On 5.1.2018 at 6:54 PM, otterbyte said:

This is awesome. I love Leo Babauta's advice concerning mastering discomfort from his blog, Zen Habits. He specifically mentions pushing through this point where our brain just wants to give up, and how freeing it is, and that it's the key to overcoming procrastination and fulfilling your goals. 

Thanks for the link, that looks like a great read and yes, it does feel to me prove for a proper change in procrastination habits for sure! Still going on it, I won't give up now :D

On 5.1.2018 at 9:05 PM, Mad Hatter said:

I liked that article. Though for me I often find it's the idea of discomfort that's more off putting than the discomfort itself. When I actually do the task it's usually fine! 

Yes, there is that, too! And then when we get started it's half that bad and I always wonder, why I wasted so much energy pushing against it to start with :lol:

In this case, I had started already though and then hit my wall and normally I'd give up earlier and then procrastinate again.... no more of that in this new year, hah!

.... well at least not in that department ;)

On 5.1.2018 at 10:27 PM, sylph said:

I can certainly relate to this.

On 6.1.2018 at 8:56 PM, annyshay said:

YES.

so it's a common human thing, right?

On 7.1.2018 at 12:17 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Woot! Woot! for pole.

Woot woot indeed :) Hasn't happened again just yet, but I've been to yoga this week at least and been doing well on all the other goals, so I'm busy :triumphant:

Your girl sounds like she has a lot of you, and with your example, she can't go wrong. Will pray that things go a bit calmer and smoother her side these last couple of months.

Thank you for the kind words! She's actually quite different to me in many ways, which makes our connection always interesting :D but we love each other dearly and I am so so happy she keeps sharing with me how she is so regularly.

In fact, she had a completely unexpected turn for happiness, by suddenly having a boyfriend :o  which I am thrilled about for her, of course, he sounds nice and she sounds very happy ^_^

What kind? :D the rusks, that is?

Buttermilk rusks, I can pm you the recipe if you'd like? Tricky part for me is when in SA recipes it often lists cream of tartar which we don't have in exactly that form, but I seem to have found a good enough substitute, because they really turned out nice.

Wow! I'm struggling at the moment. This is really good!

Aw, thanks, but I don't see myself nowhere near any OCRs so I'm pretty sure you could easily keep up with me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

How's it going?

It's going really well, over all. The only thing I am totally bad at is the update and staying in touch thing, sorry for being such a bad comrade right now!

I took my priorities to heart and got down to lots of work things that I can do, while not having that many clients at the moment. So I prepared really well for my meditation talk last Thursday only to feel all prepared lines and structures slip through my fingers on the day of the talk :P my head went completely empty over the course of the afternoon and I came like blank to the event. At the same time I felt a deep sense of calm, it was bizarre because my brain was trying to panic, but my inner awareness wouldn't give in to that, because I could feel it would all be fine, even though I could not explain it. My clients and students from further off, who couldn't come were super sweet and wrote me notes of confidence that I would surely have a magical evening and that they'd be there in spirit, that was very encouraging. And it really was. The tiny bookstore was nicely full with 24 people having come and I got into a good flow despite the blank brain of the hours before. Guided a few short meditations between explaining why we do what we do and people did so beautifully! Some had tears running down their faces they opened up so much, I was utterly humbled and proud at the same time.

So now I'm keeping on writing for my book and might give another talk at the local yoga studio about the same topic for those who didn't know or couldn't make it to the last event, yay :)

In terms of challenge goals, unfortunatelly no more pole yet, but way over 90 minutes yoga this week already, so yay on that.

Steps are going great as well, not all day, but most and the others not too far off either.

Daily 10 are being done every single day, whooohoooo

and meditation is becoming sweeter and sweeter

So now hubby is wanting some time as well, which I'll happily give him, but tomorrow I'll finally do a proper number/details update and catch up with all of you guys awesomeness again, squeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheerful:

• Like 4

21 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

In fact, she had a completely unexpected turn for happiness, by suddenly having a boyfriend :o  which I am thrilled about for her, of course, he sounds nice and she sounds very happy ^_^

Oh sweet!

Buttermilk rusks, I can pm you the recipe if you'd like?

Not necessary for the recipe, thank you :love_heart: That is a South African staple when it comes to rusks. We love rusks and haven't had them for quite a while, because we cut out gluten. But now that the boys are ok with it, in smaller quantities, I've asked my friend to bake us 2kg of buttermilk rusks every two weeks. She does it for an extra income, and she is an amazing baker. I hate the waiting time while the rusks dry in the oven. We have rusks for breakfast on weekends. It gives me a break from always having to prepare food. Glad you were able to bake and enjoy! Lol, I can always post you some packets of cream of tartar ;) Just say the word :)

Some had tears running down their faces they opened up so much, I was utterly humbled and proud at the same time.

Wow sounds amazing! So glad that it turned out great for you, and the peace you felt.

Like EG said, don't worry about the updating as long as the week went well. Otherwise update so that we can support you ;)

• Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 9:07 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

Guided a few short meditations between explaining why we do what we do and people did so beautifully! Some had tears running down their faces they opened up so much, I was utterly humbled and proud at the same time.

Wow, that's intense! Great job. :) 

• Like 1

On 13.1.2018 at 11:18 PM, Elastigirl said:

No worrries about not updating. The important thing is you had a fantastic week-way to go!

On 14.1.2018 at 5:37 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Like EG said, don't worry about the updating as long as the week went well. Otherwise update so that we can support you ;)

you are so sweet, thanks! I'd really like to cheer a bit more on with you guys as well, but I also know how much I loose track of time on the forums and therefore if I was pondering coming here or going for walk, I went for the walk. Or coming here or writing first, I wrote,... so yay? :unsure: dreaming of the day when I will manage it all again. I used to manage, so I'm not sure what happened.

Not necessary for the recipe, thank you :love_heart: That is a South African staple when it comes to rusks. We love rusks and haven't had them for quite a while, because we cut out gluten. But now that the boys are ok with it, in smaller quantities, I've asked my friend to bake us 2kg of buttermilk rusks every two weeks. She does it for an extra income, and she is an amazing baker. I hate the waiting time while the rusks dry in the oven. We have rusks for breakfast on weekends. It gives me a break from always having to prepare food. Glad you were able to bake and enjoy! Lol, I can always post you some packets of cream of tartar ;) Just say the word :)

aww, thank you! That's actually a good idea, I could take some home when we come visit in August.... did I tell you? We're coming to visit in August/September again, whooohooo! Will take 2 weeks to travel leisurely with a group of English students from Germany and Switzerland (all of them really fun people,  we know them and get along very well) from CT to PE with stops at various reserves and Addo National Park of course. Then we'll spend a week near Plettenberg Bay (still with group), a few days on our own with my parents in law (who will be with us during the 3rd week as well) and then we're going to the Kruger for 4 days and spend some time with hubby's sister in Pretoria as well. I'm soooooooo EXCITED!!!! Well, we all are :)B)

That is so cool, that you have a friend baking for you! In Germany we don't really have rusks I only got to know them via my SA family, so I have to bake myself.... but I don't mind, really. Also they last, we still have a few left of that batch. I guess if I bake once a month it'll do.

On a different note: have you got any experience making ginger beer? I tried it out last weekend and thought my breath was on fire :lol: leaves a lovely kick though, so I'll stick to experimenting :)

Again, it seems to need tartar.... found a recipe with yeast only, which is a lot easier to get of course

Wow sounds amazing! So glad that it turned out great for you, and the peace you felt.

On 15.1.2018 at 7:56 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Wow, that's intense! Great job. :) 

Thanks, yes it was really cool! Mind you, the lady in the row behind the two crying ones kept shifting on her seat and opening her eyes in between the meditative parts, you could clearly see she was wondering when we'd be finally done :P but as far as I could see she was the only one. All the other seem to have enjoyed it very much and I did get several very positive responses afterwards as well.

Stupid mind revels in that for one day though and two days later decides to doubt any and all of the work I do and offer, questioning wheather I will ever amount to anything "proper" :hopelessness:

Fortunatelly hubby went through a doubt crisis shortly after and there it is so clear and easy for me to see, how much nonsense his mind was telling him. Haha, I got so very stern with him, telling him to pull the reins in and not even listen to this crap!! We're both working with the meditations of Joe Dispenza and in his book "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself" he has you look at which thoughts/feelings/behaviours go along with the situations in your life that you'd like to shift, so that they won't slip by unaware any more. And when you catch yourself thinking the old thoughts again or keeping the old feelings going, you perk up and say "Change!" so that your automatic thought/feeling circuits get pruned and start shifting. This has been really helpful to both of us, because it kept popping up during everyday life and not just during meditation. We'd catch ourselves in a negative thought or feeling and without analysis, justification or whatever, we'd just tell ourselves "Change!" and consciously make an effort to drop it and move on afresh.

Lately I think we both forgot that more and more again, but seeing him in doubt, I remembered and then it hit me, how my own doubts were no different. And how I can't know if that doubt is justified or not, but I do know it's not beneficial in any way. When I am in doubt I start slowing down, procrastinating, it makes me tired, weak and unhappy - who will benefit from that? No one of course. So I made a firm decision - again, I know - for NO MORE DOUBT

And now whenever I slip in and notice (that part sometimes takes a little, but it's getting better) I say CHANGE not caring how, what, ... just change.

Funny thing is, happened several times now, I'd say change and kick myself out of the doubt and like immediately the phone rings or an email comes in and someone compliments me on a meditation I guided or a session I helped them with. How cool is that :)

Okay enough rambling.... here comes the update/summary of my actual challenge so far

• Like 2

WEEK 1 

giphy.gif

Daily 10  - 6/6 (not counting Jan 1st)

Routine mostly went like 

Chin ups from tip toe 3/2/2/2/1
10 knee push ups

10 Knee tucks from hanging 

Yoga/Aerial  - 45/120 min

was a great start to play on the pole, but I seriously need to up this still!

tumblr_mg82vk37sc1qbc3qpo1_500.gif

10 000 steps - 3/6 days - total for week 69 000

even though I managed my goal only 3 days out of that week, my average is not too bad and it sure made me walk a lot more than before. Counting it as a definite win.

30 minutes writing - 6/6

hope I remember this right, but I think I did really write on my work stuff every day. Signed up for the try out month of 4TW about at the end of week two and since then I wrote way more than 30 min/day :D so this is going really well

This is the part where my monkey mind bugs me the most and having a routine that tells me to just write anyhow is super helpful. As my prep notes for my talk didn't really work that well, but the evening flowed so well, I then tried to write from memory how I had presented it there. Didn't manage to get it all down quick enough, but quite a bit and now I am still adding bits and pieces. Also elaborating a bit more on some parts simply because I can. Nearly finished, only have to do add in the questions that were asked and my answers. It won't be the book I have in mind yet, but it could be a pamphlet or tiny introduction to start with that I could start handing out to people and from their feedback and questions then refine.

eagle-gif-15.gif

Meditation - 6/6 

Settling into a good routine and enjoying it. It seems more restful than the last hour of sleep I trade it for :) Also fulfilling on levels I can't put my finger on. 

• Like 4

WEEK 2 

giphy.gif

Daily 10  - 7/7

Routine mostly went like 

Chin ups from tip toe 3/2/2/2/1 - there was one day I managed 5 chin ups from tip toe in one set!! Very cool. Unfortunatelly hasn't been repeated YET
10 knee push ups

Yoga/Aerial  - 100/120 min

went to a long yoga class and it was so good! Was supposed to be 90 minutes but she always goes a bit longer and I think we even ended after 105 min... I'll count 100. Yes, that does include end relaxation :P

counts anyway

200.webp#0-grid1

10 000 steps - 4/7 days - total for week 67 000

consistency is growing. Weather was real nasty at times, but I went anyway, just didn't make my goal because I didn't go for long enough.

30 minutes writing - 7/7

still on write up after talk - gosh I am slow writer! Now that I get all the statistics on 4TW I see how slow I am :o I manage less than 20 words/minute in average ... explains a lot :lol:

pZo6k.gif

Meditation - 7/7

Loving it. Some days my mind is all over the place and then they are extra helpful ^_^

• Like 3

Week 3 is going okay so far. Yesterday I crashed and had an utterly pathetic day where I failed to go for my walk and also failed to go to yoga. I could have, but simply was so so tired and decided not to. Big storms outside might have aided the decision. Maybe getting up an hour earlier then normal is taking its toll after all.... idk

Got all necessary work done and writing in as well as meditation, so it wasn't a complete fail, even if it felt like it.

Just means no yoga this week :( 

Today I'm feeling more rested, so I'll see what I can kick up over the weekend still :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Yesterday I crashed and had an utterly pathetic day where I failed to go for my walk and also failed to go to yoga.
Just means no yoga this week :( 

It happens. But how about having a yoga session on your own or following a video, even if it's just a small session?  or do you have too much stacked for this week-end already?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

if I was pondering coming here or going for walk, I went for the walk. Or coming here or writing first, I wrote,... so yay?

You did the right thing! Yay!

did I tell you? We're coming to visit in August/September again, whooohooo!

Yes! Oh that is awesome! You'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure.

and then we're going to the Kruger for 4 days and spend some time with hubby's sister in Pretoria as well.

Oh man, and now I don't even have a spare room to offer when you drive past/through Pietermaritzburg to Pretoria or Kruger :( Ok, you might choose the Freestate road which is way far off from us to reach Pretoria. If you are going to stay anywhere close to us in KZN, please let me know? I can easily drive 3hrs in the morning, visit with you, and drive back that afternoon/evening. Except of course if you fly up from EC to Pretoria/Kruger... but lets chat closer to the time. I am so, so sad that I couldn't meet you down in the Cape year before last. I was actually thinking about it earlier this week.

On a different note: have you got any experience making ginger beer? I tried it out last weekend and thought my breath was on fire :lol: leaves a lovely kick though, so I'll stick to experimenting :)

Oops no. None at all *big eyes*. The closest I've ever come to ginger beer are Stoney bought in cans. It does have a zing to it :D Loved it when I was pregnant with the boys though.

Stupid mind revels in that for one day though and two days later decides to doubt any and all of the work I do and offer, questioning wheather I will ever amount to anything "proper" :hopelessness:

Fortunatelly hubby went through a doubt crisis shortly after and there it is so clear and easy for me to see, how much nonsense his mind was telling him. Haha, I got so very stern with him, telling him to pull the reins in and not even listen to this crap!!

Glad you and hubby got out of that funk and mindset and on the road to CHANGE! I actually decided just this afternoon while I was walking, that I won't allow negative thoughts about my mom to cloud my mind any more. So any time that I become negative, doubt myself, or seem to go near that rabbit hole, I tell myself to stop this negativity, it isn't coming from me!

Funny thing is, happened several times now, I'd say change and kick myself out of the doubt and like immediately the phone rings or an email comes in and someone compliments me on a meditation I guided or a session I helped them with. How cool is that :)

Wow! Such confirmation and support. Now I would say that is God sending you some vibes ;) but you got those confirmations coming in just at the right time to strengthen your resolve and build your confidence. I'm so, so glad for you.

Yesterday I crashed and had an utterly pathetic day where I failed to go for my walk and also failed to go to yoga. I could have, but simply was so so tired and decided not to. Big storms outside might have aided the decision. Maybe getting up an hour earlier then normal is taking its toll after all....

It happens. I also crashed yesterday. I did my morning exercises, but never got around to walking in the afternoon. This morning I couldn't do exercises, but finally managed to convince myself to go for a walk. I think exercising 5 mornings a week at 5am may be a bit much for me :P You still got everything else done, which is amazing.

• Like 1

Sounds like your handling your moments of self doubt really well! Though it's always soooo much easier to tell other people what to do ;) 

4 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Thanks, yes it was really cool! Mind you, the lady in the row behind the two crying ones kept shifting on her seat and opening her eyes in between the meditative parts, you could clearly see she was wondering when we'd be finally done :P 

Well meditation is not for everyone. Doesn't reflect on you at all.

3 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

still on write up after talk - gosh I am slow writer! Now that I get all the statistics on 4TW I see how slow I am :o I manage less than 20 words/minute in average ... explains a lot :lol:

1200 words per hour sounds pretty damn good to me!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @mu said:

It happens. But how about having a yoga session on your own or following a video, even if it's just a small session?  or do you have too much stacked for this week-end already?

either that or getting on the pole again :) I do have options and no excuse really. I just enjoy the yoga classes because they are so balanced and I really like the teacher. But you're totally right.

My son has cooking classes at school with an exam coming up next week, so he wants to cook the meal he'll have to cook there one more time at home for practice. That usually eats a few hours out of my day, because even with classes he is not the most experienced yet and would sometimes have "interesting" results :lol: I found it's best for me to not plan anything else during that time but rather be in stand-by. Other than that, my weekend looks deliciously free so far :)

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

You did the right thing! Yay!

tough decisions

Yes! Oh that is awesome! You'll have a wonderful time, I'm sure.

Oh man, and now I don't even have a spare room to offer when you drive past/through Pietermaritzburg to Pretoria or Kruger :( Ok, you might choose the Freestate road which is way far off from us to reach Pretoria. If you are going to stay anywhere close to us in KZN, please let me know? I can easily drive 3hrs in the morning, visit with you, and drive back that afternoon/evening. Except of course if you fly up from EC to Pretoria/Kruger... but lets chat closer to the time. I am so, so sad that I couldn't meet you down in the Cape year before last. I was actually thinking about it earlier this week.

I KNOW!!!! It's ridiculous us being so close and yet so far :( We're going to fly up from George or Cape Town to Pretoria and then drive from there to the Kruger (staying at Lower Sabie I think), afterwards we're going back to Pretoria and fly home from there. My sister in law has been living there now for 7 or 8 years and we've never yet managed to visit her at her house there :o high time! You'd think 5 weeks is soooo much time, yet every time we come visit it flies by and we don't even manage to see all the family.  But this year, it's finally time to go :) Yes, let's pm closer to the time and see if there is any way we could meet up. It would be so AMAZING :love_heart:

Oops no. None at all *big eyes*. The closest I've ever come to ginger beer are Stoney bought in cans. It does have a zing to it :D Loved it when I was pregnant with the boys though.

Will experiment a bit more and let you know, when I figured it out :D

Glad you and hubby got out of that funk and mindset and on the road to CHANGE! I actually decided just this afternoon while I was walking, that I won't allow negative thoughts about my mom to cloud my mind any more. So any time that I become negative, doubt myself, or seem to go near that rabbit hole, I tell myself to stop this negativity, it isn't coming from me!

You go! You seem to do amazing on that as is, I am super proud of you for handling the situation with your mom this well. Steady, confident, kind yet firm, you're providing a safe place for all of you!! Huge respect, Elize. And yes, it's not coming from us, it's just passing through us and we wouldn't take the weather this personally either, would we?

Wow! Such confirmation and support. Now I would say that is God sending you some vibes ;) but you got those confirmations coming in just at the right time to strengthen your resolve and build your confidence. I'm so, so glad for you.

She is :) I love those synchronicities. I really believe in that guidance, and Divine Guidance was definitely what brought hubby and me together, but that's a story for another time...
Thanks.

It happens. I also crashed yesterday. I did my morning exercises, but never got around to walking in the afternoon. This morning I couldn't do exercises, but finally managed to convince myself to go for a walk. I think exercising 5 mornings a week at 5am may be a bit much for me :P You still got everything else done, which is amazing.

I'm still catching up on your challenge and could it be that you are still a tiny bit recovering? You went through quite the rollercoaster there! Also, YES, 5 mornings a week of exercises at 5am are A LOT for anyone and your program isn't just a bit either :loyal:

40 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sounds like your handling your moments of self doubt really well! Though it's always soooo much easier to tell other people what to do ;) 

I know, isn't it?! In this case it was so obviously mirrored I was kind of grateful for his crisis as it helped me kick mine :P

Well meditation is not for everyone. Doesn't reflect on you at all.

I had a strong impression, she got dragged there by her friend :lol: 

1200 words per hour sounds pretty damn good to me!

I thought so too until I saw the averages of others.... there you go, those damn comparisons again :P but actually it's fine, I made my peace with it. It rather helps me as it explains why I take longer than others on certain things and that's good information.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

My son has cooking classes at school with an exam coming up next week, so he wants to cook the meal he'll have to cook there one more time at home for practice. That usually eats a few hours out of my day, because even with classes he is not the most experienced yet and would sometimes have "interesting" results :lol: I found it's best for me to not plan anything else during that time but rather be in stand-by.

Oh great for him, and good on you.

Yip keep me posted on the ginger beer, and we'll talk about your South Africa visit closer to the time. :love_heart:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh great for him, and good on you.

He loves it, his favorite subject as it's the only one he can see practical benefit in learning :D 

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Yip keep me posted on the ginger beer, and we'll talk about your South Africa visit closer to the time. :love_heart:

Will do :) Oh, and you know what? Spoke to hubby how much we'd like to get together and he says, we could actually offer a guest room to you guys! His family has a holiday house at Keurboomsstrand which is where we will stay that whole third week (middle/end of August) and we could make room for all four of you there, if you'd manage to join us. 

Also, we're going to Kruger this time, but for another time he would love to go explore the Natal Parks with us, so hey, we might meet again then, too!! All very exciting :)

• Like 2

Finished my talk write-up, woot woot!

It still needs to be refined and all, but it's complete now and something I could hand out to people as kind of a companion booklet to a workshop. Came to 25 A4 pages :o 

Now I'll move on to assembling some write-outs of my favorite guided meditations that I did for my groups so far and add a little bit of explanations, background and tips for creating your own variations to them. I feel this might come a lot easier than a chapter-structured book where I keep fussing about what all must go into it and what is unnecessary. I'm getting excited again, yayyyy. In between I was so intimidated and unsure, it was a bit of a battle to keep going, but now I am having fun again ^_^

Walk is already done, but only a short one as the paths are frozen and slippery. Still need to be active enough for another 4000 steps today.
Daily 10 are done

Now I'll tackle some accounting necessities and then write, mmmmmmh

end of week 3 already, let's keep going

909550_original.gif

• Like 6

On 1/19/2018 at 8:03 AM, lucky fire dragon said:

We're coming to visit in August/September again, whooohooo! Will take 2 weeks to travel leisurely with a group of English students from Germany and Switzerland (all of them really fun people,  we know them and get along very well) from CT to PE with stops at various reserves and Addo National Park of course. Then we'll spend a week near Plettenberg Bay (still with group), a few days on our own with my parents in law (who will be with us during the 3rd week as well) and then we're going to the Kruger for 4 days and spend some time with hubby's sister in Pretoria as well. I'm soooooooo EXCITED!!!! Well, we all are :)B)

This sounds divine.

20 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

averages of others

I am seriously just word vomiting on the screen. Do NOT compare. Heh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

This sounds divine.

Can't wait!

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

I am seriously just word vomiting on the screen. Do NOT compare. Heh.

This made me smile so wide. word vomiting... the phrases you make up in the English language :lol: and yes maam I won't dare to :)

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

the phrases you make up in the English language :lol:

There are a lot of things that are inelegant about English, but it is super open to (basically begging for) ridiculous juxtaposition. I enjoy making use of this very much. :D 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, annyshay said:

There are a lot of things that are inelegant about English, but it is super open to (basically begging for) ridiculous juxtaposition. I enjoy making use of this very much. :D 

It's a real fun part of it, I agree! Really challenged me when I still worked as a translator English - German, especially as the teacher I translated love to be creative in that way, too. Oh well, it wasn't boring that's for sure :D

• Like 2

Wow, you got so much done! Writing, finances, your daily 10 and walking!

22 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

as the teacher I translated love to be creative in that way, too.

That's what I love about proof reading. Sometimes the two authors use words that I'm not familiar with, or different past tenses, then I learn something new. The one in UK also tend to use comparisons/similes that are weird to me, but when I figure out what it means, absolutely fits the situation. I love how words do that!

• Like 2

WEEK 3

tumblr_ovhh78enN41vbfbhho1_500.gif

Daily 10  - 7/7

Routine still like 

Chin ups from tip toe 3/2/2/2/1 - form is improving though, some days feel like no progress, others I can definitely see it
10 knee push ups

Yoga/Aerial  - FAIL

I know, I know, I could have found a supplement for the weekend at least, but well.... I didn't :(

Thing was, I had done so few steps on Thursday and yesterday only 8000 as well, I rather went for a long walk today despite biting cold wind and wrote on my prep notes for my upcoming silent retreat in February. I'll rather tackle this goal better next week. Idealy I'd go to a morning class (so much easier for willpower) but that's when I have sessions with clients scheduled and that's priority right now. So I will just have to make myself go at night, meh.

Or play on the pole at home...

0dc1e84397c2dc17b1df0a938190339b.gif

10 000 steps - 3/7 days - total for week 71 000

not much consistency this week, but a very successful total :D Mind you it took me 17 000 steps today to get there :lol: 

30 minutes writing - 7/7

4TW says I've been writing about 16 hours over the last 10 days, so I guess that counts as a solid win :lol: Seriously thrilled with the consistency here. Am taking a break on the meditation book as I am preparing for my weekend retreat in February and gathering my thoughts on what is essential in what I'd like to teach and which activities to do with participants. It's a silent retreat, meaning they don't have to talk to anybody and wow, that is such a cool thing, people really enjoy that part! On the other hand our minds can get quite noisy in the silence and I don't want them to be tormented by that, so I do talk to the group at times to keep nudging them towards kind thoughts and possibilities. We do activities that tickle them a bit outside their comfort zones and dare try out what it's like to kick old habits and move in new ways instead, look at things differently, like try out new personalities you could say or play around a bit like a child again. It's amazing how much younger people look after a few little activities like that. And it takes the relaxation in the resting phases a lot deeper. Even though they won't talk it won't be all the way silent :) friend of mine is assisting me and will teach us some yodeling :D I'm always excited to have people make all kinds of noises they normally don't - it's super liberating and of course, there'll be dancing and stuff like that too. Has to be fun after all.

I normally don't prepare much at all for these retreats and guide from the spur of the moment, but now having read Dispenza's books about the automatic habits we have neurochemically in our bodies and seeing how much that understanding has helped me in kicking some limiting beliefs and habits, I'd love to include some of that there. He says that when people understand why they do what they do it makes the how to do a lot easier. That is so true for me! Makes my decisions easier and my meditations more effective for me, so I'd like to see if I can use that for my students as well.

It's probably going to go similar to the workshop with me writing and planning and then tossing all the notes when the event is there :P but that's fine, because by then I would be familiar enough with what I'd like to bring up that I will have the words for it at the right moment. So that's the plan then - planning for tossing the plan :lol:

120988-Flaming-Flying-Eagle.38?2

Meditation - 7/7

so good, feels like home by now

• Like 4

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, you got so much done! Writing, finances, your daily 10 and walking!

Finances are actually still waiting, but the rest feels really cool :triumphant:

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That's what I love about proof reading. Sometimes the two authors use words that I'm not familiar with, or different past tenses, then I learn something new. The one in UK also tend to use comparisons/similes that are weird to me, but when I figure out what it means, absolutely fits the situation. I love how words do that!

Learning new things can be such fun :)

I consider my English skills quite good, but everytime I hear hubby explain this or that grammar rule (especially on tenses) to our kids or another student, I sit there like "Oh! Never knew that" which is kind of cool to keep learning this way. He's actually busy right now writing a book with his favorite teaching clues for his students and hacks for basic grammar skills, because he says there is no book like that he knows of. They are all either school book lines for many years of learning in bits and pieces or hard-core grammar books. From what I've seen it'll be a real fun book with games to play and all the tricks of how to learn that worked really well for his students so far (he's been teaching private and business students for more than 10 years now) I'll obviously have to translate it into German once he's finished, otherwise it won't be much good for new learners, and I'm already excited because I know I will learn so much again.

• Like 1