• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shoesasaurus

Johnny Needs a New Pair Of Shoes

I suppose my signature says it all, doesn't it? For a TL;DR, I was losing weight and feeling great, then I wasn't, then I was hiding from the world, then I spent a lot of time with doctors, finding out that I have diabetes, MS, and at least one heart condition.

FUN

5a46f23283e60_willsmith.gif.94ce16cc1e1a22b7814a1634e0743476.gif

So I am rebooting and keeping it simple, going from a newbie's standpoint. I just want to re-establish healthy habits and get my brain back into the swing of things.

Level One Challenge

• Eat a vegetable with one meal every day
  • Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 1x a week
  • Pick up the house every morning, and do the dishes

I think this is a great place to start. I'll see you in the forums.

• Like 5

Oof, that's a pretty crappy series of diagnoses. We're here to cheer you on though!

I second this!!

MS is tough. I have 2 people on opposite sides of my family who were diagnosed. My Aunt was diagnosed over 15 years ago. My father was diagnosed over 12 years ago. It’s continued to be an adjustment for all of us over the years.

My aunt has relapsing remittant and my father primary progressive. If you have any questions I’m happy to lend an ear from my own experience dealing with it. I’m not a medical professional, but sometimes it helps to have an extra opinion.
*hugs*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow Shoes. The positivity you have with your conditions is awesome. MS is not an easy thing. 

As flea has said, we're here to cheer! (Didn't mean to rhyme but cheesiness is needed sometimes)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Butternut said:

Wow Shoes. The positivity you have with your conditions is awesome. MS is not an easy thing. 

As flea has said, we're here to cheer! (Didn't mean to rhyme but cheesiness is needed sometimes)

Heya Butter, what choice do I have other than to be positive? :-)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fireandlight said:

So Johnny, how are things going for you so far this challenge?

Not shabby. Just slow, I caught a bit of the crud and it took me out of commission for a bit. 

I've had veggies at least once a day.

My house is pretty organizied.

I've been breaking a sweat from cleaning and organizing the past two days. So I am gonna count them as a workout. HBU ?

• Like 1

Housework totally counts

Things are movin’ along. Slipped up on Day 2 this week and it reminded me that the new goals are actually things I need to focus on. They don’t just happen automatically because I said they would.

• Like 1